I'm an idiot

gameplay

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Fryolator #1 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 23:00

Private

• Players
  • 7978 battles

What am I doing wrong?  I'm playing better than I did before, but my pub teams keep losing...?

beryn #2 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 23:19

Captain

• Players
  • 13935 battles
It the new normal it's been so bad over the past week, I asked myself the same question it has become very very frustrating

_Draklor_ #3 Posted Apr 08 2020 - 23:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12356 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY
Once I stop caring about wins and teammates, and focus on personal performance (max damage+assist per battle), my winrate surprisingly goes up. Not sure how it works, but it's worth a try I guess.

Fryolator #4 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 01:13

Private

• Players
  • 7978 battles
How does this make sense?  I'm willing to accept the idea that I'm a terrible player, but I'm only one of 15 players! The worst W/L record I should get is conservatively 40%, but it's more like 20% for the past few weeks. Previously above 50%, BTW.

Fryolator #5 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 01:16

Private

• Players
  • 7978 battles
I'm going to check the user stats on all the players in my last few games.  It would be very interesting if the players on my team are all trending down and the players on the other team are all trending up....will report here.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 02:39

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 57299 battles

The simple truth, OP is that it takes a lot, and I mean a lot, to carry teams to victories.  You pretty much have to be worth 3 teammates to get wins.

just continue to work on improvement and you'll see more wins.  

Fryolator #7 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 02:40

Private

• Players
  • 7978 battles

Well, our average "Personal Rating" was 3273, and theirs was 3387.7.  But our average WL was 48.04 and theirs was 47.56.  So I don't know.

So few people are on Wotstats that I can't see how their W/Ls have changed lately (mine has gone straight down as my WN8 has gone straight up).

cloudwalkr #8 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 02:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 57299 battles

View PostFryolator, on Apr 09 2020 - 01:16, said:

I'm going to check the user stats on all the players in my last few games.  It would be very interesting if the players on my team are all trending down and the players on the other team are all trending up....will report here.

for one, that is pointless and is nothing but a rabbit hole of conspiracy to go down. 2nd, it's the easiest way to stop improving because you start blaming only teammates and never personal mistakes.

3rd...a few games won't be anything near accurate for a large number of games.  Different days mean different people playing - along with time of day, tank being played...how well you're playing and so on.  It's a thousand different variables that you'll go crazy over.

dont go that route.

Fryolator #9 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 04:04

Private

• Players
  • 7978 battles

OK, I figured it out...I'm playing with my non-favorite vehicles because they got used up in Battle Pass.  Maybe that's going on a lot...

FreeBen_Dragonpoop #10 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 04:43

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 136 battles
Despite what everyone says this game is a'lot of luck,But If you are a god at the game and play solo you can still win more games than you lose,but most of us are good but not on that level.If you want to win platooning with  other good players will help,and if you do not like platooning then just become a god at the game .Simple answer.I always play solo and I do not use special equipment and I do not use large medkits and I do not shoot gold only and usually do not have the best crews  and I am able to hold 56 percent win rate solo .and I am not even that good.You just have to do your damage your teams damage and more damage and spot for you team if you think it will get you a'lot of assist .but yea I am always second guessing my self when I see my win rate dropping but I am doing same or more damage.I guess it really is just luck some times .

madogthefirst #11 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 12:19

Major

• Players
  • 26613 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Post_Draklor_, on Apr 08 2020 - 14:22, said:

Once I stop caring about wins and teammates, and focus on personal performance (max damage+assist per battle), my win rate surprisingly goes up. Not sure how it works, but it's worth a try I guess.

Instead of worrying about what your teams are not doing you are more concerned with what you can do.

PilotBob #12 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 12:25

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14144 battles
  • [_TVS_] _TVS_
You're not really doing anything wrong as long as you're playing better.  I'm kind of in the same position right now.  I can farm damage better and have better stats overall but my winrate is more or less the same, which means I'm not impacting the game enough.  Eventually you'll start winning more when you impact the game while maintaining damage done.

Atragon #13 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 13:13

Major

• Players
  • 47247 battles

View PostFryolator, on Apr 08 2020 - 17:00, said:

What am I doing wrong?  I'm playing better than I did before, but my pub teams keep losing...?

Not to be mean. If you want to carry teams and make a diff, you'll need more than a 369 AVG Experience.

Treeburst #14 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 15:16

Major

• Players
  • 36419 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Ok, as a long time player I’ll share some things I’ve learned.

First, how you “perform” in a battle has some impact on whether or not you win, but not as much as you think. I think it’s probably easier (and more accurate) to say your actions and choices will lose you more battles than they win.

Second, what you play is just as important (hell, maybe more) than how you play it. At lower tiers, light and medium tanks have higher “ceilings” than TDs and heavies because they are faster and more flexible - they can get around the battle space and impact the game more easily in the hands of someone who can read the flow of the game. But in the hands of someone who is just going to go get “stuck in”, a light or medium is going to perform worse than a heavy.

At higher tiers this is flipped somewhat, in my experience at least. Fast heavies tend to have the most impact on a game since they tend to be above average in mobility (for a heavy), above average in firepower (for a tank in general), and above average in protection (again in general). The mediums and lights have better mobility, but at tier 10 the TTK (time to kill) tends to be significantly higher) than it is at lower tier).

TRK213_Turkey #15 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 15:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6411 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFryolator, on Apr 08 2020 - 23:00, said:

Are you clicking that "Battle" button in the garage?  I stopped doing that and it helped a lot!  :teethhappy::hiding:

SKurj #16 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 16:10

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16853 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ
play your own game, did you play well? that is the only thing you have any control over.  Accept it, and the numbers will come.

AllieOop2 #17 Posted Apr 09 2020 - 16:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

Do your HP in damage and kill at least one tank for a bare minimum of performance. Pay close attention to battle flow ( took me a long time to execute this with any effectiveness) and move to be a positive influence on stemming a break down, accelerating a push that slowed or stopped, drop back when a flank fails to save the cap or teh reverse move to cap when you see its going down the porcelain throne an so on.

If you can do your part an then some more wins will come. Then there are those matches that playing God like only gets the best numbers on a losing team. Move on to the next match.

dunniteowl #18 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 03:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I don't know if you're doing anything 'wrong,' per se.  I can't say that this will show you what you are doing 'wrong' either...

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

However, whatever it is, how can you know unless you know how the game mechanics operate?  How can you understand the importance of vision of spotting without knowing how it works?  And when you know how this stuff works, I can tell you that YOU will be able to tell you what you were doing, 'wrong,' when you asked this question.

I have no idea how long that might take, however, I am confident that if you go through those links and OWN your level of knowledge/skill with an eye to improvement -- YOU WILL IMPROVE.

I found that when I stopped worrying about what my team mates are or are not doing 'right, wrong, smart, dumb' and focused on just playing my best, then I played much better.  The moment I find myself grumping about 'bad teams,' or 'crap MM,' or something like that, I take a moment and clear my head (you can see some of that in the opening to that link above).

Most would think I did all this so that I could Win More.  Sure, who doesn't like to win, much less, win more?  However, my MAIN OBJECTIVE was to make myself competent enough to play that it was once again FUN to play.  Once my Newbness wore off and I discovered that I had stats to see where I stood amongst my peers, I realized that perhaps there is a smidgen of truth to the phrase, "Ignorance is bliss."

The funny part, though, is that the linked material was what I used to Keep Me From Quitting this game.  What is in those links allowed me to play well enough with Measurable Results that let me KNOW I was playing better and that playing better was DIRECTLY tied to Learning the Game Mechanics and Watching Replay Reviews by Zeven, then scanning through some of the videos by 4Tankersanddog, guido1212 and a few others.

I gained some wisdom over time by reading the hell out of the forums when I found them.  You can learn to separate the 'wheat from the chaff' in terms of wisdom and sage advice on these forums.  Some of it may not be packaged very nicely and others here are the digital equivalent of 'snake oil salesmen' when it comes to their level of presentation combined with their advice.  All about as useful as those aforementioned 'snake oil salesmen's' products in their day.

All of these things allowed me to better understand how the game works, how to leverage that knowledge to be more successful at playing and all that made the game, once again, FUN for me.

Again, OP, I am not sure that you are doing anything 'wrong' at all.  However, if you want to do better, no matter where you are right now

The WoT Welcome Package (version 1)

Will help you along that path.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Also tagged with gameplay

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users