The E50 M could use a little love...?

E50 M German Medium Tanks T10 Tier X Tier Ten Buffs Balance Stats

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

NovaTempest #1 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 18:52

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12277 battles

I have been back in tanks for about two-ish weeks now, since i now have a job too I have been able to put a little coin into the game to really kick my return progress into high gear. The battle pass event going on has also been a boon and I put some coin into some gold to unlock the improved pass, a good investment. Apart from also acquiring a handful of new tanks as well as quantum-leaping up the British heavy tank line thanks to the blueprint system, I have been visiting my current lineup of tier 10s, and adjusting to the shifted meta of the game.

The E 50M was the second tier 10 tank I decided to try and aim for when I first started back in 2014 (back when a tier 4 light tank could see tier 8s), after giving up on going for the Maus way back then after such a struggle in the Pz 38t na. The line was an arduous struggle, peaking in the E 50 with a horrific grind to the top gun on a gun that sometimes under-performed even at tier 8. I at one point rage sold the E 50, got to the T110E3 and the IS-7 before getting back to the E 50 and finally reaching the E 50M.

Backstory aside, while I can perform rather well every so often in the E 50M (a realization regarding crew skills led me to an epiphany that has noticeably increased my win rate in the tank), sometimes it feels a little too clumsy for the current game, or there are quirks about it that just don't seem to make much sense.

One thing I noticed is that despite the E 50M's supposed playstyle, it has a radio range on the lower end of the spectrum at 720m, whereas the T-62a has a stupidly massive radio range of 850m... why...? The T-62a has considerably inferior accuracy to the E 50M, yet the E 50M has a considerably worse camo rating and has a slightly slower aim time, on top of a much slower turret traverse speed. It doesn't seem to make much sense. (On a side note, the other German T10 medium's radio range is even markedly better than the E50 M's! The heck?!)

People complain about the armor of the tank, its sluggishness and its DPM. I on the other hand am going to argue that if it is supposed to be a Sniping tank, it is not enough of a sniping tank to be worth the agony i went through on the E 50.

I do agree that the reload speed on the E 50M could use a small buff, I say this even with my equipment and crew's skills shaving a total of 1.28 seconds off the reload speed of the tank. I also agree that the armor could use a little more buffing here and there, but in small enough increments that it doesn't feel like every shot fired at you is going to penetrate no matter what tank it comes from. But I feel like these should be the smallest buffs it should get.

I would rather see the aim time decreased by 0.2 seconds, and the radio ranges between the T-62A and the E 50M swapped.

I could also point out the E 50M's turret traverse speed is unreasonable for its weight, considering the Centurion AX's turret is only 100 kg lighter than the E50 M's is, and the Action X's turret still turns just as fast as the T-62a's turret does.

Granted the E50 M does have a big advantage in that it has a very stable gun for a medium tank, and again due to my crew's skills and equipment, that is even more of a accentuated characteristic. Yet the camo rating is too poor to make good use of that frequently, and the map selection at least for me usually doesn't help it as I get maps where long range engagements are not possible.

And again, like I said, it is not as though I am absolute trash with the tank now, its just sometimes it gets, "Awkward"ed by its supposed role, while the Grille 15 does just dandy in practically the same role since it has the tools it needs. The E 50M meanwhile has some questionable things about it that seem to hamper it.

In short: please make the E50 M make just a little bit more sense as a long range shooter as its "advertised" as being at least, thanks.

goldfinger_555 #2 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 20:11

Captain

• Players
  • 27963 battles
  • [FFWC] FFWC
Rare to get a tier 10 radio complaint.....That aside, I don't  play tier 10s much so for what its worth, I've never been worried about going against a German medium as much as a Russian. Mainly the turret is biggest advantage they get.

Panzer_Monkey_71 #3 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 20:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12876 battles
  • [IXGD] IXGD
Stalin says no. To the gulag with your sir!

Burhead06 #4 Posted Apr 10 2020 - 22:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13402 battles

radio is such a meaningless complaint about the e50m so many other things they could and should change about it , think about it your max render range is what , 564? thats  like a full 140m shorter than your radio range, any kind of information that you would be able to make use of would be given to you far before you could ever actually use it, even in the lower tiers radio range is practically speaking never an issue on a tank.

its main problem is its basically a worse leo 1 in every possible way except armor, but both are squishy enough tanks that the armor values are  meaningless in  90% of situations. 

it has literally 2 statistics where its better than a leo 1, shell velocity by 20 meters per second , so almost no difference , and the aforementioned armor which is also effectively meaningless. 

it does have heat instead of apcr on gold ammo with 7 more pen ,so theres that , but it doesnt really make a big enough difference.

NovaTempest #5 Posted Apr 14 2020 - 16:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12277 battles

View PostBurhead06, on Apr 10 2020 - 16:09, said:

radio is such a meaningless complaint about the e50m so many other things they could and should change about it , think about it your max render range is what , 564? thats  like a full 140m shorter than your radio range, any kind of information that you would be able to make use of would be given to you far before you could ever actually use it, even in the lower tiers radio range is practically speaking never an issue on a tank.

its main problem is its basically a worse leo 1 in every possible way except armor, but both are squishy enough tanks that the armor values are  meaningless in  90% of situations. 

it has literally 2 statistics where its better than a leo 1, shell velocity by 20 meters per second , so almost no difference , and the aforementioned armor which is also effectively meaningless. 

it does have heat instead of apcr on gold ammo with 7 more pen ,so theres that , but it doesnt really make a big enough difference.

It really is waylaid to the side, and that's a shame. Though I discovered regarding the radio on the E50 M that it means it is possible to "see" targets spotted by others from further away, meaning more targets are available that you do not have to run so far out to be able to engage. It may seem meaningless to just the E50 M, but it the switch has worked out on several tanks for me.

I just suspect that there is going to have to be a "second reckoning" balance wise with some of the tier 10 mediums that have fallen off to the side, the E50 M being among them.

_tacoz #6 Posted Apr 15 2020 - 02:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34655 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI

yea the tanks okay, it can work

it has good speed for armor and the gun is quite reliable but yea other meds are out performing it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users