Incoming! WoT Tenth Anniversary fun starts HERE!

KRZY 10th anniversary tenth ten

• Please log in to reply
239 replies to this topic

Moose_Sausage #41 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 19:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33548 battles

View PostAnger_Aimer91, on Apr 20 2020 - 15:02, said:

In the Anniversary Store in the video, IT says you can "Purchase" The KV-5, M6A2E1, And the KV-220-2. Do you Purchase it with the coins? Or You actually have to open up You Wallet?

Are you known for your bulky wallet? - Palmera Apparel

SKurj #42 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 19:32

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16853 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ
don't worry everyone... wg reads the forum they know how at least the forum accepts things and welcomes change.

Whistling_Death_ #43 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 19:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 72413 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostTaffer1000, on Apr 20 2020 - 13:13, said:

You can tell that WoT has run out of "ideas" by making a huge deal about the return of general chat. They should just make it a permanent feature in this game again. It was fun having that witty banter back and forth with the enemy team.

Wait, it's, "fun", to enable and embolden nasty, bitter, hate filled, toxic, disgusting, vulgar, racist, perverted people to make their, "contributions", and spread their toxicity?  It's a, "good idea", to enable your, "teammates", to reveal your position to the enemy team and destroy battle after battle?

You are kidding, right?

Whistling_Death_ #44 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 19:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 72413 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostRedeye_Flight, on Apr 20 2020 - 13:04, said:

I've been of the controversial opinion that removing allchat actually increased the toxicity level. This seems counterintuitive on its face, of course, so I'll explain.

When you remove the ability for teams to talk to each other then, logically, players can only communicate with the people on their team. These are the people that players are going to wind up blaming for failures and snapping at as a result, and if they can't communicate/commiserate with the enemy team, they're going to do that more often. Most people are, in fact, not [edited] who start screaming positional data as soon as they die, so commiseration is much more the order of the day, at least in my experience. Removing allchat certainly won't do anything to stop racism or trolling, either--those people don't care if their audience is 29 people or just the 14 people who are supposed to be their allies.

If you run into someone like that? That's what the chat block and blacklist are for. It's true with teamchat only, it'll still be true with allchat. I also don't think, though I'd need confirmation, that chatblocking someone does not remove their chat messages from the replay file, so you can still send that file in to Wargaming for a report.

So disabling battle chat, that means you wont be able to see which total JERK on your team revealed your position to the enemy team and destroyed the battle for everyone on the team, which means you wont be able to report them!  This means that everyone will have to put up with the nasty, bitter, hate filled, vile, venomous, toxic, disgusting, vulgar, perverted chat from the, "nice", people in order to be able to report the JERKS!

Oh joy, I can hardly wait! 

I think I will be BOYCOTTING this event! 

_AcierSolem_ #45 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15763 battles
Time to get back on to my M53 arty and amuse my self in gen chat hahah 

_Tsavo_ #46 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:14

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 49083 battles

View PostJryder, on Apr 20 2020 - 13:26, said:

You and I must have very different definitions of what constitutes "witty banter"...

This is true, I've no idea what you consider witty.

Me?  I'm usually replying with "Ow! I needed that" or something else self deprecating when an enemy does something, or taunt an enemy "Hey (playername), I'm gonna boop ya" just prior to firing the doom cannon on the T49 and any good enemy shots usually got a "Damn, nice shot, dude"  The inverse was also usually true, complimentary enemies.

The salty ones "Hacks!" "Cheater" "rigged" (insert whiny man-baby complaint here) I don't remember being super common.

_Tsavo_ #47 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 49083 battles

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 20 2020 - 13:33, said:

Wait, it's, "fun", to enable and embolden nasty, bitter, hate filled, toxic, disgusting, vulgar, racist, perverted people to make their, "contributions", and spread their toxicity?  It's a, "good idea", to enable your, "teammates", to reveal your position to the enemy team and destroy battle after battle?

You are kidding, right?

It's funny you say that, when you do the exact same thing when shot with gold via after game PMs (the bolded bits, I've never seen you do the crossed out bits) but I've received very angry, angsty, PMs from you (and I do load gold just for you and your arty)

Edited by _Tsavo_, Apr 20 2020 - 20:17.

Soviet_Bias_Is_Just_Myth #48 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16454 battles
I loved being able to chat with the enemy. I still do it in WOWS all the time for the memes. Plus my name in 8/10 games always starts a fun conversation.  Though reporting the position of team mates was rough at times I remember people really only doing it when someone was AFK and had failed to move all game and were last alive. And being able to o7 reds who played well or were in my old clan was fun. Really hope that maybe this week of all chat will prove that its better to have than not. 

_DracoMalfoy_ #49 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5 battles
  • [-TIM-] -TIM-
Community: There are a lot of things that should probably be fixed for the game to improve, when can we expect chang-
WG: Oh ho! Look, the game used to be bad, look how much better we are now! Remember all chat and how toxic that was? No? Allow us to introduce that again for no reason other than to prove that removing it was a good thing. 

This is probably the worst anniversary event WG has ever done. It's just the same old tanks that we already had previously for sale and the ultimate reward is a style for a tier 9 that 70% of the player-base has never touched. 

Tracer001 #50 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13995 battles
Cannot wait to indulge in some toxic chat again. 

The_Pink_Panther #51 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 20:57

Captain

• Players
  • 87 battles
No offense but this is the biggest load of fecal coli form material I've seen in a while.  No thanks

Cpt_Zapp_Brannigan #52 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:05

Captain

• Players
  • 38313 battles

View PostTracer001, on Apr 20 2020 - 15:54, said:

Cannot wait to indulge in some toxic chat again. 

it's going to be like Festivus and we're all Frank Costanza airing out our grievances.

MMI_SPI #53 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26834 battles

Again! Videos, fanfare, confettis and every other sparkling shhhh***t doesnt tell me how much time I have to complete the Active Phase of Act 1..... Which can only be found on the text below, not even highlighted... Just a simple "The Active Phase runs for one (1) week, during which you can take part in special."  

BTW, why the need for a time limit of one week, for an event that supposed to last 4 weeks... Thats stingy.  The Act 1 last 4 weeks, but you need to complete most of it in 1 week in order to really get the stuff. Yeah F**k you likewise!

General chat coming back, couldnt care less.

So much hype for a such a [edited]event. "INFO HUB" page still looks like a movie promo page, with an Orc warrior(?????? Whats that, WoW crossover coming up next halloween?!?!?) in the background. Big wth!! 

Oh! You wanna know whats the event?! Well its not on that page, commander... Just click the itty-bitty small icon top right  that says "10 YEARS OF WOT" to learn the useful infos.  You want the reward; an out-dated tier8 heavy tank at best?! Well, commander, now is the time to grind yet another totally-made-up currency of ours, so you can spend all those wasteful minutes of yours.

Im done with your crapWG. Keep your idiotic wallpage event to yourself and shove it where it really needs to be.

CynicalDutchie #54 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:11

Major

• Players
  • 46257 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC
So we can finally coordinate with the enemy to let the lights kill arty so the rest of us can have a normal game?

GeorgePreddy #55 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:14

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Apr 20 2020 - 14:51, said:

Although that solves 1 problem, the in-the-middle-of-battle distraction isn't solved - too many folks are going to get distracted by it in my opinion.  But I've never seen it in action, so maybe I'm wrong.

You're not wrong.

Some of the filthiest, most disgusting and vile sentences I've ever read anywhere were in the enemy chat of WoT.

It's a horrible idea to bring it back for even a minute... I'm gonna play more than usual that week though, I'm looking forward to reporting all who abuse it stupidly.

Steel_castle #56 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 19203 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Apr 20 2020 - 18:37, said:

Cross battle-chat enabled and emboldened very nasty, toxic, evil, bitter, hate filled people to ruin chat.  It also enabled total jerks on your, "team", to give away your position to the enemy team and this frequently happened! Shutting off cross battle-chat was the best improvement you ever made to this game.  Don't mess it up!

Baloney.  I played plenty back then and it rarely happened...unless maybe you were a scrub and camped at the back.  At the time I wish cross team chat had remained.

My thoughts are that a 3d style and tanks that are already premiums but you have to GRIND to get your REWARD for supporting WOT are pretty low on the anniversary pressies WoT has ever given out.

DrWho_ #57 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:15

Major

• -Players-
  • 36017 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

Who at WG comes up with these kind of events and manages to convince a project manager that it's a good idea ?

Please tell me that "all chat" battles will be something you can opt out of, like black listing certain maps

JEB__JB #58 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8302 battles
  • [_E-L_] _E-L_
Im waiting for the next Tank Rewards. Its more exciting than your tenth anniversary

KRZYBooP #59 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:20

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4795 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View PostAnger_Aimer91, on Apr 20 2020 - 12:02, said:

In the Anniversary Store in the video, IT says you can "Purchase" The KV-5, M6A2E1, And the KV-220-2. Do you Purchase it with the coins? Or You actually have to open up You Wallet?

Throughout the time of the anniversary, there will be special missions, which offer coins for a store. 

You earn coins by just playing the game and can unlock (along with a sum of gold) rare-ish tanks and styles.

For more information click the links provided in the first post of this thread. 

View PostTime_4_PewPew_ChatBanned, on Apr 20 2020 - 12:13, said:

KRZYBooP - Rumor was chat banned people were going to be granted amnesty, is this rumor any valid? - Ive been a member of WOT for 9 years.. chat banned for 3 years... would be nice to be able to chat again after being in prison for 3 years... 

No additional information on this has been shared.

GeorgePreddy #60 Posted Apr 20 2020 - 21:20

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostMoose_Sausage, on Apr 20 2020 - 15:30, said:

Are you known for your bulky wallet? - Palmera Apparel

Coins + "some" gold.

Also tagged with KRZY, 10th, anniversary, tenth, ten

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users