Ranked in world of tanks

Ranked ammo wargaming world of tanks

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Poll: Ranked for World of Tanks (10 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

Ranked: Farming dmg or Wins?

1. Farming dmg (5 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

2. Wins (5 votes [50.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.00%

Ideas for Ranked

1. Gold ammo reduction (2 votes [20.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 20.00%

2. Tank specific (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

3. Arty (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

4. No Arty (4 votes [40.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 40.00%

5. I have my own ideas(post in comments)!! (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Hide poll

mastercam #1 Posted Apr 25 2020 - 18:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 15691 battles

Dear Wargaming, 

As a community member for 8 years I would like to express some of my thoughts for your game. I'm not here to talk about balance changes/wishes, gold ammo, or even ui changes in the game. I want to instead talk about ranked. World of tanks is a fun game, but honestly we need a ranked system that IS NOT based on farming. We have been given grand battles which was a massive flop considering a good portion of the community hates to play it or if they are like me disable the option completely. We need a ranked mode in a brawl type format. I realize the eSport died a few years ago, but honestly this game has potential. Whether that be in reviving the eSport or creating an ecosystem in the game for competitive players to come back to the game and grind ranks. As a player, grinding this game for 8 years in random battles is [edited]terrible. As I have improved I continue to play with players who are new, mediocre at their tanks, or trolling. So can we please discuss with the community how to create an environment to grow players skill caps without the use of random battles. 

Now I want to state first that random battles are a necessary evil in my opinion. We need to allow players to grind up to the tier 8's and tier 10's, but upon reaching those tiers and a fully researched vehicle they should be allowed to play ranked. You should be able to play any tank with the previous requirements in ranked battles. 

Secondly, ranked battles HAVE GOT TO BE BASED ON WINS. We can not continue to think that you can be different. You have to make ranked based off of wins and not off a farming simulator. Its like playing frontline which in itself is awful with all the farming you have to do. All players have the attention span to do when presented the means to do it is farm, bait teammates, play selfishly. We need to make a game based of teamwork not farming to rank up.

Third, if we make ranked this way I believe we need to encourage players to stop spamming gold rounds. If that includes touching it up and making it less abusive in game or if it involves limiting the ammo to where a tank can only have a fourth of ammo to be gold ammunition. I DONT CARE but it needs to be addressed that gold rounds are abused in every match. Wargaming we need you AS A COMPANY to stop lying to us when the players and content creators experience the opposite of what you tell us. 5% of ammo is gold rounds? I'm sorry, but to tell the community that is crazy when I've played games where every shell that hits me is gold ammunition. 

I understand some of my ideas are radical with the ammo and tank/ player requirements for ranked. Thank you for reading this post and lets share it. Please respond with your own ideas for this post and your ideas for ranked!! We need to let wargaming know what the community wants since they clearly keep [edited]up year after year. 

Sincerely, mastercam

Zanarkand_C #2 Posted Apr 25 2020 - 18:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 40444 battles

There is really only 1 change I think they could make that would have a positive impact on our current iteration of Ranked Battles.

-No rewards tanks allowed to participate (Campaign + CW) only Tech tree tanks allowed to participate.

Actually I thought of another, IF you absolutely want to do tier X rentals so everyone can play Ranked, do NOT allow the rentals to be used in the random queue. There is no reason to ruin random battles for the duration of the ranked season.

Edited by Zanarkand_C, Apr 25 2020 - 18:37.

WhoorwhatamI #3 Posted Apr 25 2020 - 19:07

Captain

• Players
  • 28039 battles

View PostZanarkand_C, on Apr 25 2020 - 10:33, said:

There is really only 1 change I think they could make that would have a positive impact on our current iteration of Ranked Battles.

-No rewards tanks allowed to participate (Campaign + CW) only Tech tree tanks allowed to participate.

Actually I thought of another, IF you absolutely want to do tier X rentals so everyone can play Ranked, do NOT allow the rentals to be used in the random queue. There is no reason to ruin random battles for the duration of the ranked season.

first of all they will never limit the tanks for a specialized game mode due to the time and effort it takes to earn the tanks in the first place. this is all that needs to be said. If you want to be competitive and earn the reward tanks then join a clan and participate in clan wars and earn the tank yourself. Or wargaming could place all reward vehicles in the bond shop at a fixed price lets say 20-30k bonds which is about 6-8 months grinding tier 10s in order to earn enough bonds to buy one 

mastercam #4 Posted Apr 25 2020 - 20:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 15691 battles
Yeah Idk I believe reward tanks shouldnt be allowed. Especially with how ridiculously over powered some are *cough cough* chieftan *cough* 

Also tagged with Ranked, ammo, wargaming, world of tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users