Jump to content


WG: how can we convince you to do the right thing - server transfers


  • Please log in to reply
460 replies to this topic

h2a #281 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 11:32

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11428 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011

View PostTokolosk, on Jul 20 2020 - 21:00, said:

Interesting thread brought up by ericthevirus: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/553469-server-transfer-for-apac-region/

 

A few notes on this:

* It can be done

* Look at how many people in that thread asked for transfers but are now not playing anymore.

Well that's true, but I guess wg has placed this thread on an ignore list.



buckschott #282 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 12:30

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 22237 battles
  • 699
  • [RSRS] RSRS
  • Member since:
    06-15-2011
You have to stop giving them money. As long as the NA server is profitable, they will not risk killing it off by allowing an exodus. 

They make thousands every black market, Christmas loot box sale, and special event/sale. 

There is no upside for them to allow it. They will not slaughter the cash cow as long as she's still giving milk.

LemmingTrain #283 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 15:40

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15072 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    06-13-2012

View Postbuckschott, on Jul 22 2020 - 12:30, said:

You have to stop giving them money. As long as the NA server is profitable, they will not risk killing it off by allowing an exodus. 

They make thousands every black market, Christmas loot box sale, and special event/sale. 

There is no upside for them to allow it. They will not slaughter the cash cow as long as she's still giving milk.

 

Yep, absolutely right. I'm pretty sure that NA server is the most profitable one on a "per-head" basis and right now it makes sense for them not to do a thing to upset the apple cart.

 

As I said before, as soon as the cost of running the NA and SA servers exceeds the dwindling number of players, they'll cut the servers back and move the NA/SA players to EU, or have one super server based in Russia. Then they'll say "congratulations comrades, here's your long-awaited server transfers!"

 

By the way, 20 ping and cross-server play over on War Thunder. Just sayin'...

 


Edited by LemmingTrain, Jul 22 2020 - 15:40.


DieAutobahn #284 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 16:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27413 battles
  • 23
  • [_GD_] _GD_
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013

I can only state that my wallet is closed since long time. It´s also astonishing

that even 15 pages on the forums, result in no response at all.

I have seen better customer service from crappy ISP´s on the internet, though entire areas were

offline for days.



ddraig_goch_ #285 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 17:47

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13302 battles
  • 390
  • [122MM] 122MM
  • Member since:
    02-11-2018
People could throttle their connection and say they have high ping. I don't see how this can be used as a reason, too many would game the system. Maybe you should explore ways of getting a better connection, would be interesting if you started a thread that showed results and things tried. Then again... You can always move.

LemmingTrain #286 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 18:04

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15072 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    06-13-2012

View Postddraig_goch_, on Jul 22 2020 - 17:47, said:

People could throttle their connection and say they have high ping. I don't see how this can be used as a reason, too many would game the system. Maybe you should explore ways of getting a better connection, would be interesting if you started a thread that showed results and things tried. Then again... You can always move.

 

Why would you game a move to EU if you were in NA and had decent ping, makes no sense. I have no issues with playing on NA other than the ping. Additionally, if WG had directed me to the correct server when I set up my account in 2012 then I would have been on EU all along (this is quite a common issue amongst us eurotrash types).

 

As I said before, my ping issues weren't really an issue prior to the introduction of the EBR and all of his wonderful wheeled brethren (I've been playing long enough to remember the old T-50-2 which caused similar issues, although you could actually pen that when you hit it) as I could work around my higher ping by using tactics and the like. However the complexion of the game has changed, and with 4 minute games and 15-0 blowouts now quite common along with rampant EBRs, ping matters far more. Also, there is noticeable packet loss when FL and other special events are on, which again wasn't an issue all those years ago.

 

 As for speeding up my connection, it's as fast as I can get it (100mb fibre) and it is clear that the distance to the server is a limiting factor. As for moving... no, you're alright thanks!

 

I don't think we're asking for much really. WG are being deliberately awkward, and have dangled the promise of server transfers over us several times over the years. The SEA transfers show that it is not an insurmountable or impossible task. I'm even willing to pay handsomely for the privilege of a server transfer.



KRZYBooP #287 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 18:30

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 4738 battles
  • 1,163
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Greetings, 

 

I see that this post has once again surfaced, and the news is still the same and has been since I started posting in the forums.

These are all still the same, and there is no update to the question. Your community team is aware of some players want to transfer and there hasn't been an update or change from these answers below answered in other threads. Sadly, there is no ETA on when server transfers will/could/may happen for NA. If there is a change it will be announced on all of our platforms with where/what/when information on the topic. 


Source:

My senses tell me that is trap question (server transfers). I will go for the Kobiyashi Maru and say June 31st at 25 O'clock. All news relating to if and when server transfers are happening will be announced ahead of time on our news and forums pages. Much like the ones that recently happened last fall. 

Source:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened.  

Source:

We are not able to transfer your account to another server, unless there is a special mass-transfer event.  Information about mass-transfer events is always posted ahead of time so that you can decide if you would like to transfer your account.

Source:

Question about server transfer

Solved

Greetings Mazdapower,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

I understand you are inquiring about server transfer. Upon checking, we do not have any news update about NA to EU server transfer.

You may check the news page link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/#show_more=2 

We hope you continue to enjoy the game. I wish you not just a happy, but a wonderful and awesome Game Play, filled with all sorts of great and memorable experiences!

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Source:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryAmazonianPizzaSoonerLater

Finally from our Creative Director

Source:

 

(Context) In August 2017 WGNA announced the East and West servers would join to form a central server and Asian players would get a server transfer to a Asian server and EU players would get a server transfer to EU. Well the Asian players got a transfer but the EU players never did, it’s now over a year and we have not had any news at all, there is even a 50+ page on the forums where every post on the last 30 pages asks the same question of “when?”

(Question) When do the EU based players on the NA server get a server transfer?

 
 
level 2
WGTeam
 
3 points·1 year ago
 

Currently we do not have simple solution for transfer, but we considering to prepare that within 2019. That not necessary mean that we will start doing transfer right afterwards, because that structure could require certain period of stabilization. |AS

 

 

 

 

 



Peter_Schiavo #288 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 18:34

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 19271 battles
  • 645
  • Member since:
    09-03-2018
Thanks for the reply KB. I'm down to just a few months before I move to Spain. And that will likely be the end to my WOT gaming experience and more importantly to WGing, the end to my spending money on WOTs. 

Blackshot01 #289 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 19:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 21034 battles
  • 1,314
  • [_GD_] _GD_
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 22 2020 - 18:30, said:

Greetings, 

 

I see that this post has once again surfaced, and the news is still the same and has been since I started posting in the forums.

These are all still the same, and there is no update to the question. Your community team is aware of some players want to transfer and there hasn't been an update or change from these answers below answered in other threads. Sadly, there is no ETA on when server transfers will/could/may happen for NA. If there is a change it will be announced on all of our platforms with where/what/when information on the topic. 


Source:

My senses tell me that is trap question (server transfers). I will go for the Kobiyashi Maru and say June 31st at 25 O'clock. All news relating to if and when server transfers are happening will be announced ahead of time on our news and forums pages. Much like the ones that recently happened last fall. 

Source:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened.  

Source:

We are not able to transfer your account to another server, unless there is a special mass-transfer event.  Information about mass-transfer events is always posted ahead of time so that you can decide if you would like to transfer your account.

Source:

Question about server transfer

Solved

Greetings Mazdapower,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

I understand you are inquiring about server transfer. Upon checking, we do not have any news update about NA to EU server transfer.

You may check the news page link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/#show_more=2 

We hope you continue to enjoy the game. I wish you not just a happy, but a wonderful and awesome Game Play, filled with all sorts of great and memorable experiences!

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Source:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryAmazonianPizzaSoonerLater

Finally from our Creative Director

Source:

 

(Context) In August 2017 WGNA announced the East and West servers would join to form a central server and Asian players would get a server transfer to a Asian server and EU players would get a server transfer to EU. Well the Asian players got a transfer but the EU players never did, it’s now over a year and we have not had any news at all, there is even a 50+ page on the forums where every post on the last 30 pages asks the same question of “when?”

(Question) When do the EU based players on the NA server get a server transfer?

 
 
 
level 2
WGTeam
 
3 points·1 year ago
 

Currently we do not have simple solution for transfer, but we considering to prepare that within 2019. That not necessary mean that we will start doing transfer right afterwards, because that structure could require certain period of stabilization. |AS

 

 

 

 

 

First of all Thank you for the awnser, sadly it really is not what I think many of us where hoping for.

 

It is obvious that the Demand for Server Transfers is Big and IMO it would be in WG best interest monetary wise to allows just to transfer. 


I was once told it does cost some time per transfer, so maybe put up a fee (like for username change) to  minimize abuse and everyone would be mostly happy.



EdibleEmpire #290 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 19:50

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 28864 battles
  • 1,544
  • [THREW] THREW
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010

I would imagine it's a pretty significant project to enable server transfers but I've said it before in other threads - why not put it in and charge like $25 or $30 for it? Games like League of Legends do this.

 



DieAutobahn #291 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 20:16

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27413 battles
  • 23
  • [_GD_] _GD_
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013

Thanks for the reply KB but please forward the following points to the Management team:

 

- Why does WG prefer to rather accept non paying, unhappy customers rather than paying customers on a different cluster?

- What´s the point not putting a fee for the people in need of a transfer? Though knowing that as per WG statement it is a HUGE effort to transfer accounts?

 

I am suprised, Minsk used to be very smart when it comes to Business on the past?

 

Thanks!

 


Edited by DieAutobahn, Jul 22 2020 - 20:30.


LemmingTrain #292 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 20:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15072 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    06-13-2012

View PostPatientRelaxedPerson, on Jul 22 2020 - 19:50, said:

I would imagine it's a pretty significant project to enable server transfers but I've said it before in other threads - why not put it in and charge like $25 or $30 for it? Games like League of Legends do this.

 

This would make a huge amount of sense. It would easily cover any costs associated with the transfer, which let's face it, would be minimal in any case... 



LemmingTrain #293 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 20:20

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 15072 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    06-13-2012

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 22 2020 - 18:30, said:

Greetings, 

 

I see that this post has once again surfaced, and the news is still the same and has been since I started posting in the forums.

These are all still the same, and there is no update to the question. Your community team is aware of some players want to transfer and there hasn't been an update or change from these answers below answered in other threads. Sadly, there is no ETA on when server transfers will/could/may happen for NA. If there is a change it will be announced on all of our platforms with where/what/when information on the topic. 


Source:

My senses tell me that is trap question (server transfers). I will go for the Kobiyashi Maru and say June 31st at 25 O'clock. All news relating to if and when server transfers are happening will be announced ahead of time on our news and forums pages. Much like the ones that recently happened last fall. 

Source:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened.  

Source:

We are not able to transfer your account to another server, unless there is a special mass-transfer event.  Information about mass-transfer events is always posted ahead of time so that you can decide if you would like to transfer your account.

Source:

Question about server transfer

Solved

Greetings Mazdapower,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

I understand you are inquiring about server transfer. Upon checking, we do not have any news update about NA to EU server transfer.

You may check the news page link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/#show_more=2 

We hope you continue to enjoy the game. I wish you not just a happy, but a wonderful and awesome Game Play, filled with all sorts of great and memorable experiences!

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Source:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryAmazonianPizzaSoonerLater

Finally from our Creative Director

Source:

 

(Context) In August 2017 WGNA announced the East and West servers would join to form a central server and Asian players would get a server transfer to a Asian server and EU players would get a server transfer to EU. Well the Asian players got a transfer but the EU players never did, it’s now over a year and we have not had any news at all, there is even a 50+ page on the forums where every post on the last 30 pages asks the same question of “when?”

(Question) When do the EU based players on the NA server get a server transfer?

 
 
 
level 2
WGTeam
 
3 points·1 year ago
 

Currently we do not have simple solution for transfer, but we considering to prepare that within 2019. That not necessary mean that we will start doing transfer right afterwards, because that structure could require certain period of stabilization. |AS

 

 

 

 

 

Again, I'd like to echo others on here; thanks for the (eventual) response, but it doesn't really answer any of our questions or concerns does it?

 

Still, I'm glad to see that WG is addressing the serious issues, like pumping out a 10 year anniversary artbook while letting customers slowly ebb away...



DieAutobahn #294 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 20:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 27413 battles
  • 23
  • [_GD_] _GD_
  • Member since:
    07-29-2013

Oh maybe for the sake of transparancy. WG has potentially not answered to this thread due to excellent customer services.

This is the answer I received today after I have submitted a ticket to the CS pin pointing them to this thread:

 

We contacted the community managers of the forum.
They will answer this thread soon.

Greetings, dear Player!

Thank you for contacting us!

We apologize for any inconvenience this can cause.
We have sent your question to developers.

We will get back to you as soon as we have additional information. Until then, I have to ask you to be patient.

 

Don´t get me wrong but I am just looking for a solution that fits all of us.

 



h2a #295 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 20:41

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 11428 battles
  • 258
  • Member since:
    08-11-2011
But I'm interested in what is on priority right now...

Edited by h2a, Jul 22 2020 - 20:41.


SparkyGT #296 Posted Jul 22 2020 - 23:16

    Major

  • Players
  • 56503 battles
  • 4,747
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
  • Member since:
    02-05-2012
I have messed myself up bad with the Tiger C twitch prime event by having multiple accounts on different servers. one of the stupidest gaming quirks ever, i also quit spending money because of inaction by WG on my problem. hope they switch your accounts sometime this decade.

DrWho_ #297 Posted Jul 23 2020 - 00:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34312 battles
  • 4,212
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B
  • Member since:
    07-29-2017

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 22 2020 - 18:30, said:

Greetings, 

 

I see that this post has once again surfaced, and the news is still the same and has been since I started posting in the forums.

These are all still the same, and there is no update to the question. Your community team is aware of some players want to transfer and there hasn't been an update or change from these answers below answered in other threads. Sadly, there is no ETA on when server transfers will/could/may happen for NA. If there is a change it will be announced on all of our platforms with where/what/when information on the topic. 


Source:

My senses tell me that is trap question (server transfers). I will go for the Kobiyashi Maru and say June 31st at 25 O'clock. All news relating to if and when server transfers are happening will be announced ahead of time on our news and forums pages. Much like the ones that recently happened last fall. 

Source:

EU TRANSFERS!?!?!?
I feel your pain and apologize for our silence on this issue.  Unfortunately the reason for it is that we have had no progress to share.  We know there is still demand, especially from those of you in places who have been seriously affected by the move to Central Server, and now that the chaos of moving is (mostly) past we will renew our push to have a transfer window opened.  

Source:

We are not able to transfer your account to another server, unless there is a special mass-transfer event.  Information about mass-transfer events is always posted ahead of time so that you can decide if you would like to transfer your account.

Source:

Question about server transfer

Solved

Greetings Mazdapower,

Thank you for contacting Customer Support.

I understand you are inquiring about server transfer. Upon checking, we do not have any news update about NA to EU server transfer.

You may check the news page link: https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/#show_more=2 

We hope you continue to enjoy the game. I wish you not just a happy, but a wonderful and awesome Game Play, filled with all sorts of great and memorable experiences!

Have a wonderful day ahead!

Source:

https://clips.twitch.tv/FurryAmazonianPizzaSoonerLater

Finally from our Creative Director

Source:

 

(Context) In August 2017 WGNA announced the East and West servers would join to form a central server and Asian players would get a server transfer to a Asian server and EU players would get a server transfer to EU. Well the Asian players got a transfer but the EU players never did, it’s now over a year and we have not had any news at all, there is even a 50+ page on the forums where every post on the last 30 pages asks the same question of “when?”

(Question) When do the EU based players on the NA server get a server transfer?

 
 
 
level 2
WGTeam
 
3 points·1 year ago
 

Currently we do not have simple solution for transfer, but we considering to prepare that within 2019. That not necessary mean that we will start doing transfer right afterwards, because that structure could require certain period of stabilization. |AS

 

 

 

 

 

 

You do realise that when I log into the Sandbox server I find a copy of my account there ?

So what makes it more difficult to transfer people's accounts to the EU server and simply delete it here ?

 

Impose a 2-3 day curfew to allow the stats to update completely and then simply do what you do on the Sandbox server and then delete/disable the account on the NA server. Not that I want a transfer myself, a roaming account on the other hand ...., but seeing you guys make silly excuses when you're already doing the supposedly difficult task already for a task that benefits you (free beta testers) is just amazing

 

Ever wonder why so many of us don't believe a thing you guys are saying ? 



_W_R_A_I_T_H_ #298 Posted Jul 23 2020 - 01:53

    Major

  • Players
  • 49330 battles
  • 2,664
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013

If you are not happy on NA or SA, quit, or start a new account on EU/RU. 

 

There should be NO SERVER TRANSFERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 

SKILL started a new account on RU and he already has over 40K games. 


Edited by _W_R_A_I_T_H_, Jul 23 2020 - 01:54.


ThePigSheFlies #299 Posted Jul 23 2020 - 02:49

    Major

  • Players
  • 82740 battles
  • 19,344
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012
imagine a billion dollar company, that can do ETL to the level to automagically mirror accounts for common test and/or sand box servers, but somehow finds it "too difficult" to implement a fee for service account transfer in part because they're spending thousands of development hours making tablet UI based interfaces for equipment changes that literally nobody asked for while, also still ignoring other sources of player grief for eons such as the stupid fun™nel maps, wheels, tank balance, arty etc,, etc. ad. nauseum

kgomoll #300 Posted Jul 23 2020 - 03:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 69595 battles
  • 297
  • [WARMG] WARMG
  • Member since:
    08-30-2012
Putin says, "You stay where you are".  Actually there is probably some legal or other reason for not doing it, based on the server's location kind of thing.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users