Game Center, Unable to Download Update - Fixed

5 replies to this topic

Valorton #1 Posted May 02 2020 - 20:07

Private

• Players
  • 20848 battles
  • [AOG2] AOG2
Two days ago WGC told me I needed to update WoT and the play button was grayed out.  I clicked the update button and it eventually told me it was "Unable to update. Please check your connection."  I Rebooted my PC and my router.  Checked my firewall permissions. Uninstalled the game as instructed on the Wargaming website to reinstall.

error.jpg

Then i encountered another issue... None of the Wargaming web site would load in chrome or any other browser. Every other site worked normally however any Wargaming site would now load only text and any links game me a connection error trying to DL the installer.  I searched the internet all day trying various fixes for this that did not work.  Put in a Support ticket with wargaming and attached the logs they wanted. 

Finally this morning I tried the free version of CCleaner and ran the registry fix.  It took several passes to fix everything that it told me was an issue.  When there was nothing left to fix, I rebooted.  Finally everything worked fine!  I was able to view the Wargaming web sites normally and no more connection error when trying to download WoT and install it.  I have no idea what changed on my computer other than i know that a few days ago windows had an update.  I still have no idea what caused this. 

Since I have not found anyone with this issue posting about it online, I wanted to let anyone else who might be having this same issue know what I did to fix it. 

Edited by Valorton, May 02 2020 - 20:16.

_GeorgePreddy_II #2 Posted Mar 25 2022 - 03:07

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

Another ad bot... sheesh !

Jim_James_JJ #3 Posted Mar 30 2022 - 21:05

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I never consider any update unless they bring the good graphics as my computer support any kind of graphic resolutions since I downloaded the best package of clipart from https://masterbundles.com/tiktok-logo/ even now I am downloading their benefits of discount at a minimal cost though

_GeorgePreddy_II #4 Posted Mar 30 2022 - 21:18

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

MOAR ad bots !!!

Miranda_Sigourney #5 Posted Apr 18 2022 - 10:58

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
I watched a few basic tutorials on Tik Tok 18.

Edited by Miranda_Sigourney, May 05 2022 - 09:05.

_GeorgePreddy_II #6 Posted Apr 18 2022 - 18:22

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 496 battles

So did I.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users