Jump to content


May Tankrewards: Military Appreciation Month


  • Please log in to reply
131 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted May 05 2020 - 21:39

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 15152 battles
  • 1,405
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    12-28-2012

Tankers,

 

We're partnering with Cooler Master and celebrating Military Appreciation Month with a host of new Tankrewards missions and rewards!

One of the rewards includes a discount coupon for Cooler Master products, in case you're looking for new Peripherals or PC Components!

 

Additionally up for grabs at the highest level of prizing: AT 15A, Pudel, M4 Improved, or 7 Days of Premium.

Head over to the news portal for details.



ez_money #2 Posted May 05 2020 - 22:33

    Major

  • Players
  • 16288 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011
FYI Domo, you really need to post on the TR site and/or clarify in the announcement that apparently the three national styles for the Level 1 rewards on only temporary styles that can only be used for 100 battles. These appear to be the same styles that you can get for 100 battles in the game client for 75,000 credits, and the EU WoT site actually spelled out that they were only good for a limited number of battles.

bake3020 #3 Posted May 05 2020 - 23:33

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 276
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
How about something exotic and interesting, that we don't have, instead of the vehicles that you guys know we already have.  Just my two cents worth.  Thanks Domo.

bake3020 #4 Posted May 05 2020 - 23:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 276
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011

View Postez_money, on May 05 2020 - 21:33, said:

FYI Domo, you really need to post on the TR site and/or clarify in the announcement that apparently the three national styles for the Level 1 rewards on only temporary styles that can only be used for 100 battles. These appear to be the same styles that you can get for 100 battles in the game client for 75,000 credits, and the EU WoT site actually spelled out that they were only good for a limited number of battles.

Now that is certainly cheap and underhanded.  If chosen, those styles/camo(s) need to be made permanent.



FrontenacDuVandoo #5 Posted May 06 2020 - 00:28

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 20979 battles
  • 1,549
  • [BBI2] BBI2
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017

I'd like more details on some of these rewards.

-The country styles... I doubt they're going to be permanent seeing you're giving out 3 of them, and they're usually the rentals. So what's the fine print on that? Details like can be used on any tank or applied to only one? Is it basically a free 100 day rental, or is it a timed one?

 

-The Ranger Style is usually restricted to one country from what I remember. Is the one we can get special and usable on any country or will it be restricted?

 

-Is there a time limit on any of the rewards? Last month the x5 XP needed to be used within a week according to many posts, is this still the same this month?

 

 


Edited by FrontenacDuVandoo, May 06 2020 - 00:31.


MountainLion1 #6 Posted May 06 2020 - 00:37

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25834 battles
  • 2,111
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View PostFrontenacDuVandoo, on May 05 2020 - 17:28, said:

I'd like more details on some of these rewards.

-The country styles... I doubt they're going to be permanent seeing you're giving out 3 of them, and they're usually the rentals. So what's the fine print on that? Details like can be used on any tank or applied to only one? Is it basically a free 100 day rental, or is it a timed one?

 

-The Ranger Style is usually restricted to one country from what I remember. Is the one we can get special and usable on any country or will it be restricted?

 

-Is there a time limit on any of the rewards? Last month the x5 XP needed to be used within a week according to many posts, is this still the same this month?

 

 


You are able to move the Ranger style to any nation, and move it back and forth between different nations. I tried it today by moving my Ranger style from the Phase 1 and placed it on the Obj. 907, worked just fine.



Volcanic_lobster_220 #7 Posted May 06 2020 - 01:13

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 9132 battles
  • 1,546
  • Member since:
    06-04-2016

View Postez_money, on May 05 2020 - 17:33, said:

FYI Domo, you really need to post on the TR site and/or clarify in the announcement that apparently the three national styles for the Level 1 rewards on only temporary styles that can only be used for 100 battles. These appear to be the same styles that you can get for 100 battles in the game client for 75,000 credits, and the EU WoT site actually spelled out that they were only good for a limited number of battles.

 

W.t.f?? guess it was too good to be true, how's it work though, usually Rental styles are only usable on one tank, can these be moved to other tanks of the same nation?



stevezaxx #8 Posted May 06 2020 - 01:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 41727 battles
  • 1,423
  • [COD] COD
  • Member since:
    08-02-2011

View PostMountainLion1, on May 05 2020 - 18:37, said:


You are able to move the Ranger style to any nation, and move it back and forth between different nations. I tried it today by moving my Ranger style from the Phase 1 and placed it on the Obj. 907, worked just fine.

you moved the Ranger style you already had. the Ranger Style you can win from TankRewards MAY or MAY NOT be movable to a different nation. 

you surely haven't gotten to tier 2 in one day have you?



MountainLion1 #9 Posted May 06 2020 - 01:22

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25834 battles
  • 2,111
  • Member since:
    10-13-2014

View Poststevezaxx, on May 05 2020 - 18:16, said:

you moved the Ranger style you already had. the Ranger Style you can win from TankRewards MAY or MAY NOT be movable to a different nation. 

you surely haven't gotten to tier 2 in one day have you?


I purchased the Ranger style some time back, but it will be the same style for the May Tank Rewards. See y'all on the battlefield.



qisjlh #10 Posted May 06 2020 - 06:17

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 14915 battles
  • 197
  • [NXGEN] NXGEN
  • Member since:
    02-08-2017

View Postez_money, on May 05 2020 - 22:33, said:

FYI Domo, you really need to post on the TR site and/or clarify in the announcement that apparently the three national styles for the Level 1 rewards on only temporary styles that can only be used for 100 battles. These appear to be the same styles that you can get for 100 battles in the game client for 75,000 credits, and the EU WoT site actually spelled out that they were only good for a limited number of battles.


It is completely unacceptable that important information like this comes from a forum commenter and not from Wargaming itself. And, no, we should not be made to look to EU for the fine print on our events..

 

This is even worse than Wargaming’s refusal to confirm whether the April Tank University raffle happened or not.

 



BFH7 #11 Posted May 06 2020 - 07:03

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 4243 battles
  • 38
  • [BUBL] BUBL
  • Member since:
    03-29-2016
Typical WG.  Just make good rewards and announce them on the main page. I'm asking too much. And I'm not sorry, just have to vent.  

ez_money #12 Posted May 06 2020 - 15:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 16288 battles
  • 2,355
  • Member since:
    10-23-2011

View Postqisjlh, on May 05 2020 - 23:17, said:


It is completely unacceptable that important information like this comes from a forum commenter and not from Wargaming itself. And, no, we should not be made to look to EU for the fine print on our events..

 

This is even worse than Wargaming’s refusal to confirm whether the April Tank University raffle happened or not.

 

IKR. Here's the link to the WoT EU announcement that spells out the details that the NA site is lacking:

https://worldoftanks.eu/en/news/general-news/tank-rewards-may-2020/



grilev #13 Posted May 06 2020 - 22:57

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 38139 battles
  • 12
  • Member since:
    01-13-2012
Pudel or AT15A? Is there a place for the slow british TD in the modern random on wheels?

Bjorn_to_kill #14 Posted May 07 2020 - 02:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 2956 battles
  • 167
  • [3_NZ] 3_NZ
  • Member since:
    07-24-2013

Any progress on allowing current and previous military personnel from other nations into this programme?

 

Every time Tank Rewards comes round and I see that I could halve the amount of time I need to earn the rewards it reminds me about this.

 



Taylor3006 #15 Posted May 07 2020 - 06:57

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4294 battles
  • 423
  • Member since:
    07-10-2016

View Postgrilev, on May 06 2020 - 15:57, said:

Pudel or AT15A? Is there a place for the slow british TD in the modern random on wheels?

This is what I am trying to figure out too. I am leaning towards the AT only because it is a higher tier vehicle. I enjoy playing mediums and TDs so either one seems a good pick. 



blznguns #16 Posted May 07 2020 - 20:17

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 54645 battles
  • 52
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011
Last Tank Rewards, you could get a nice bonus jump in points by setting an enemy on fire.  Any kind of hidden bonus this time around?

_Kradok_ #17 Posted May 07 2020 - 21:01

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 35295 battles
  • 3,427
  • Member since:
    10-09-2014

The camo's are rentals...  totaling a 225k credit savings, not including the skins...  Quit complaining that they're not permanent. 

 

FFS, they're just the first reward. 

 

That one's going to give the smallest 'prize' as it is...  but to incessantly whine about every small little thing as if they're somehow 'screwing' people over is just flat out exhausting...



blznguns #18 Posted May 07 2020 - 21:06

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 54645 battles
  • 52
  • [4HIM] 4HIM
  • Member since:
    08-21-2011

View Post_Kradok_, on May 07 2020 - 21:01, said:

The camo's are rentals...  totaling a 225k credit savings, not including the skins...  Quit complaining that they're not permanent. 

 

FFS, they're just the first reward. 

 

That one's going to give the smallest 'prize' as it is...  but to incessantly whine about every small little thing as if they're somehow 'screwing' people over is just flat out exhausting...

 

Totally agree.  A 225k credit for simply having to run one battle a day for a week is a nice bonus, and that's just part of the reward.



FrozenKemp #19 Posted May 07 2020 - 21:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 56420 battles
  • 10,906
  • Member since:
    04-24-2011

View Postgrilev, on May 06 2020 - 16:57, said:

Pudel or AT15A? Is there a place for the slow british TD in the modern random on wheels?

 

I think so.  Go with the heavy tanks and wreck faces. 



GoArmyBeatnavy79 #20 Posted May 08 2020 - 03:39

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 11608 battles
  • 42
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View Postblznguns, on May 07 2020 - 20:17, said:

Last Tank Rewards, you could get a nice bonus jump in points by setting an enemy on fire.  Any kind of hidden bonus this time around?

 

This^^ -

I hope so, or it's going to be a grind to get 3000 pts in 25 days...

Who's got the calculation on that?






2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users