help free experience conversion gold research tech tree

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Serpentine_Shel #1 Posted May 11 2020 - 20:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 3846 battles
  • [X-0-X] X-0-X

This was the result of my not understanding how the mod that “locked” free xp worked.  Sorry!

I am hoping someone might know what went wrong with the following and advise me. (I have asked customer service but hoping for some quicker help from the community.)

I had about 330,000 unconverted free experience.  Meaning it had accumulated on various tanks, but had not been converted using gold so was not usable(except I assume on the tank where it 'lives' if not on premium)  I wanted to research the T-43 on the Russian tech tree (from the T-34-85) and had researched, but did not own, all the prior tanks in the tree.  I did not own any of the prior tanks in the tree at the time I performed this transaction.  When I clicked on the button to research the T-43, WOT asked me to convert free experience for gold for the 53,000 xp I needed for the purchase. I clicked OK.  Usually then you have to click on the tank again to spend the XP, so I did so. But it seemed to ask me again to convert the gold to free XP.  I thought I was reading it wrong and that it would research the tank, but it did not do so -- it charged me the gold again.  I was unable then to research the tank at all -- when I click on the T-43 research button now nothing happens.  Then, when I look in my "Conversion" menu I see that I have lost the gold for the two transactions, 4240 total, but now have 112,000 "free experience" available (not for conversion) plus about 237,00 available for conversion. (I could not attach a s/s to this.) This adds up to about where I was in free experience before these two unsuccessful transactions.   But I don't know where that 112k in free experience is or how to use it to use it to unlock a tank.

Any ideas?  Thanks! - SS

Edited by Serpentine_Shel, May 14 2020 - 14:37.

rockbutcher #2 Posted May 11 2020 - 20:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24061 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R
Look up in the top right corner of your screen, it should be there.  Odd that it asked you to convert it twice though.

Serpentine_Shel #3 Posted May 11 2020 - 20:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 3846 battles
  • [X-0-X] X-0-X
I ran in safe mode deactivating mods and somehow that solved the problem. In case it is useful to others I was running Aslain's mod pack.  But problem solved for now.

bad_73 #4 Posted May 11 2020 - 21:25

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1575 battles
wg support has a record of your transactions....start a dialogue with them...oh   better then having toi talk to support..lucky you...lol

Edited by bad_73, May 11 2020 - 21:26.

Pipinghot #5 Posted May 11 2020 - 22:06

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSerpentine_Shel, on May 11 2020 - 14:51, said:

I ran in safe mode deactivating mods and somehow that solved the problem. In case it is useful to others I was running Aslain's mod pack.  But problem solved for now.

That this means is that you had a feature turned on in one of the mods that prevented you from spending Free XP by accident. Since the game couldn't "see" your Free XP because of the mod the game asked you if you wanted to convert the XP a second time.

When you install mods, it's important to take the time to understand what they do, otherwise you're just asking for issues like this. The issue isn't "running Aslain's mod pack", it's running mods that you don't understand.

Pipinghot #6 Posted May 11 2020 - 22:11

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSerpentine_Shel, on May 11 2020 - 14:03, said:

Meaning it had accumulated on various tanks, but had not been converted using gold so was not usable(except I assume on the tank where it 'lives' if not on premium)

Also, in case this helps you for the future, once you have fully researched a tank including the next tank(s) in the tech tree, any XP that accumulates on the tank after that can only be used if you spend gold to convert it to Free XP. There is nothing else you can use that XP for on the tank where the XP is just sitting. This is why you want to click on the "Elite" box as soon as you have researched everything so that the XP now goes to leveling up your crew more quickly.

The only reason you would avoid clicking the Elite box is if deliberately want to build up XP that you then have to spend gold to convert to Free XP. It's one of Wargaming's methods for making extra money from people who are impatient. Free XP builds up slowly, and some people don't want to wait for it to build up, so they're willing to spend gold to convert suplus XP on their tanks into Free XP. If you want to spend your gold this way (and it looks like you were happy to do so) then this is fine, but if you don't like paying the "Impatience Tax" then you want to Elite you vehicles as soon as possible.

Serpentine_Shel #7 Posted May 13 2020 - 16:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 3846 battles
  • [X-0-X] X-0-X
I ran in safe mode (no mods) and was able to use the Free XP, so it was a mod issue. Thanks for the comments. Aslain said that the XP was probably locked due to my modification configuration choices and I did not click it open. I have not confirmed this because I have removed the prior mod due to instability after recent patches, but it seems likely that was the cause.  So probably this is not a real bug or a real problem.  But thanks anyway.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users