mods 13disciple top best

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

13Disciple #1 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27726 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

This is my follow up to last weeks video -> Your WoT Settings are WRONG in 2020 (& how to FIX them

Ortinoth_ #2 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:39

Captain

• Players
  • 28019 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA
Thumbs UP

Kliphie #3 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 35533 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
How does that white reticle do on the winter maps?

wildcat18 #4 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:44

Captain

• Players
  • 15528 battles
Mods help you win games? In years past players have said repeatedly that mods only help you enjoy your game more not win more. Confused?

13Disciple #5 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:46

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27726 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostKliphie, on May 12 2020 - 09:39, said:

Good question, I still find it easier to see than the black reticle. You can watch this replay review I did to see how it looks on a winter map.
https://youtu.be/-4jqde3SfTE

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

View Postwildcat18, on May 12 2020 - 09:44, said:

Mods help you win games? In years past players have said repeatedly that mods only help you enjoy your game more not win more. Confused?

your account predates my own. surely you remember a time when the game client didn't even have a reload timer...

wargaming doesn't do R&D on quality of life things, they adopt stuff from the modding community.  thankfully.  I mean look at how bad wargaming's UI is for the missions now, or even the depot, where they made everything giant icons you can mash with your feet on a touch pad instead of a succinct list view...

I skimmed through the video.  To me it looks like the mods he's talking about are presenting information already given to the user in a fashion that is easier to digest.  it still takes someone willing to digest that information and act upon it to win more.  sadly, most of the player base is unwilling or incapable of even using the mini-map often enough...

13Disciple #7 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27726 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View Postwildcat18, on May 12 2020 - 09:44, said:

Most of the mods I run are Quality of Life mods. Mods that can help you enjoy your games more.

There are a handful of mods that have helped me play better by enabling me to digest information faster, line up shots easier, and help me understand when things didn't go as expected.

They won't make you play any better. But they do provide information in game to help you make better choices. It's what you do with the extra information that makes them helpful.

Ratnikk #8 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14589 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD
The light bulb mod is pretty useless since the vanilla version already gives you last known enemy positions, all the rest of the mods shown in this video DO give a big advantage against vanilla users, and these are the legal ones. Some players have much more advanced mods such as the one that showed enemy turret directions on the minimap. Wargaming should ban all mods or apply them to the game so that everyone is equal. Wargaming anti-cheat tech is horrible and obsolete, we can see players have inhuman high skill ratings ingame for months and nothing is done except the little list they release once a year saying they banned some guys. Yeah right.

ThePigSheFlies #9 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:53

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

View PostRatnikk, on May 12 2020 - 09:49, said:

The light bulb mod is pretty useless since the vanilla version already gives you last known enemy positions, all the rest of the mods shown in this video DO give a big advantage against vanilla users, and these are the legal ones. Some players have much more advanced mods such as the one that showed enemy turret directions on the minimap. Wargaming should ban all mods or apply them to the game so that everyone is equal. Wargaming anti-cheat tech is horrible and obsolete, we can see players have inhuman high skill ratings ingame for months and nothing is done except the little list they release once a year saying they banned some guys. Yeah right.

oddly enough, I know folks that play vanilla except for MoE 3-mark mods, and the light bulbs...  people digest information differently, at different tempo's and in different ways.  for some folks, a list view is easier to quickly look at than the spatial map.  some use both heavily, especially because wargaming has an issue at times displaying adequate information on last spotted when those individuals were on top of each other near the edge of the map.

wildcat18 #10 Posted May 12 2020 - 15:59

Captain

• Players
  • 15528 battles

View Post13Disciple, on May 12 2020 - 09:49, said:

Most of the mods I run are Quality of Life mods. Mods that can help you enjoy your games more.

There are a handful of mods that have helped me play better by enabling me to digest information faster, line up shots easier, and help me understand when things didn't go as expected.

They won't make you play any better. But they do provide information in game to help you make better choices. It's what you do with the extra information that makes them helpful.

Your video states Mods to help you win more. That is what i am curious about. Mechanics in the game can be digested or not, thus good and bad players. All I want to know is if I understand the game mechanics, will mods help me win more? Your video says yes.

Grouchy_ #11 Posted May 12 2020 - 16:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37255 battles
  • [ORDER] ORDER

Great Video, +1 for making it..............

Except you use some phrases that are completely foreign to 80% of the WOT player base

- Educated guess based on information in game

- Use your mini map

- Perspective of the battlefield

- Use the information provided in game

These phrase need to be explained in detail perhaps with a white board....................So outstanding Video even if it's above 70% of the WOT player base 

LowThreatTarget #12 Posted May 12 2020 - 16:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 5837 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 12 2020 - 15:48, said:

your account predates my own. surely you remember a time when the game client didn't even have a reload timer...

wargaming doesn't do R&D on quality of life things, they adopt stuff from the modding community.  thankfully.  I mean look at how bad wargaming's UI is for the missions now, or even the depot, where they made everything giant icons you can mash with your feet on a touch pad instead of a succinct list view...

I skimmed through the video.  To me it looks like the mods he's talking about are presenting information already given to the user in a fashion that is easier to digest.  it still takes someone willing to digest that information and act upon it to win more.  sadly, most of the player base is unwilling or incapable of even using the mini-map often enough...

Well whatever they are or are not using them has made the game more fun for me and I find it helpful I battle. The Zoom Out mod is pure rocket science to get perspective on the battle field. 

GeorgePreddy #13 Posted May 12 2020 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

Gonna add 4 of these to my mods list (already have one).

Thanks, and plus one.

TheJeep1 #14 Posted May 12 2020 - 19:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46934 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Pretty sure WG doesn't include some of this stuff in the "vanilla" game to help players with slower computers.   

I haven't seen the mod that shows on the mini map which way a spotted enemy is pointing their turret in a few years.  I use ASlain, so he probably took it out of his list for a reason.  

I always wondered why the Zoom Out mod wasn't illegal until I platooned with my friend and I was playing arty.  We use mic's and it was very easy to follow him around in Arty Zoom and tell him about spotted enemies, which way they were facing, if they're hulldown, ect...

__WarChild__ #15 Posted May 12 2020 - 19:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 39480 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View Post13Disciple, on May 12 2020 - 08:09, said:

This is my follow up to last weeks video -> Your WoT Settings are WRONG in 2020 (& how to FIX them

I don't think it's a good idea to share all of my your secrets with everyone...  :ohmy:

__WarChild__

PS - Another great MUST SEE video from 13Disciple.  Dang this guy is good.

Redcoat #16 Posted May 12 2020 - 19:44

Captain

• Players
  • 74903 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID
Solid video, thx for sharing... I checked out your channel; really liked the couple of Coach's Corner vids I watched - been missing something like that since Zeven stopped doing replay reviews... Subscribed.

13Disciple #17 Posted May 12 2020 - 19:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27726 battles
  • [-G-] -G-

View PostTheJeep1, on May 12 2020 - 13:24, said:

Pretty sure WG doesn't include some of this stuff in the "vanilla" game to help players with slower computers.   

I haven't seen the mod that shows on the mini map which way a spotted enemy is pointing their turret in a few years.  I use ASlain, so he probably took it out of his list for a reason.  

I always wondered why the Zoom Out mod wasn't illegal until I platooned with my friend and I was playing arty.  We use mic's and it was very easy to follow him around in Arty Zoom and tell him about spotted enemies, which way they were facing, if they're hulldown, ect...

Tank Direction View Indicator on the Mini Map was deemed illegal in the last update to the fair play policy.

In order to comply Aslains modpack promptly removed it.

As for why they aren't in the game client? Some are technical issues - like the in game armor viewer. Others aren't in the game because the Devs are trying to reduce screen clutter not add to it.

Who knows, we may see some of them added in the future!

View PostRedcoat, on May 12 2020 - 13:44, said:

Solid video, thx for sharing... I checked out your channel; really liked the couple of Coach's Corner vids I watched - been missing something like that since Zeven stopped doing replay reviews... Subscribed.

My content from the beginning has been heavily influenced by Zeven. Thanks very much! <3

Edited by 13Disciple, May 12 2020 - 19:54.

TragicLoss #18 Posted May 12 2020 - 19:56

Stream Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 8853 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Thanks for posting such an informative video!

It'll definitely help anyone looking to improve their gameplay awareness through mods :) 

I_QQ_4_U #19 Posted May 12 2020 - 20:14

Major

• -Players-
  • 25945 battles

View PostKliphie, on May 12 2020 - 15:39, said:

Works fine.

I_QQ_4_U #20 Posted May 12 2020 - 20:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 25945 battles

View Postwildcat18, on May 12 2020 - 15:59, said:

Your video states Mods to help you win more. That is what i am curious about. Mechanics in the game can be digested or not, thus good and bad players. All I want to know is if I understand the game mechanics, will mods help me win more? Your video says yes.

Mods help you win more if you know how to use the information, most tomatoes are hopeless even if you gave them every cheat mod there is because they don't know what to do with the information they're given.

For me the white reticle is a must, I don't know if it's just my failing eyesight but I can't see the vanilla one at all on many maps so it helps me win more. No different than colour blind modes.

Also tagged with mods, 13disciple, top, best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users