64 replies to this topic

TheJeep1 #41 Posted May 14 2020 - 16:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46934 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on May 12 2020 - 16:07, said:

It doesn't.

You're right, it has Top Down, which is better.   Making zoom out mod illegal would spawn a rash of creative players with mics platooning with an arty.

NeatoMan #42 Posted May 14 2020 - 23:25

Major

• Players
  • 30402 battles
  • [ROXY] ROXY

I would add the auto-aim plus mod if you play LTs.

With the server lag as bad as it is this mod is essential if you are driving fast tanks and need to lock onto target.  I would say half the time I click on a highlighted tank while driving, nothing happens.   The game either does not register my click, or it doesn't register the target as highlighted when I click.  My lag indicator flashes red and green like a christmas tree.

It is legal in its current form.  When activated with a click you are given a set amount of time to highlight a tank, and the first tank you highlight with your cursor gets locked on.   Best used for hunting down wheelies in regular LTs. 

I haven't reinstalled it yet, but am now going down the french LT line and am remembering how terrible the server lag is for fast tanks.    I'm pretty sure that's why they gave the wheelies their auto-lock capabilities.  They know it would be next to impossible to lock onto anything in a wheelie given WG's terrible service providers. 

WhineMaker #43 Posted May 14 2020 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 43282 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
The very best mods come with a FREE keylogger script... :great:

skytale #44 Posted May 15 2020 - 02:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16724 battles

View PostTheJeep1, on May 13 2020 - 00:45, said:

Then arty should not have it either.

The “Zoom Out” mod works the same for arty as any other tank. I have & use the mod, I find it helpful no matter what type of tank I am driving. In fact, I think it either be included in the client or deemed illegal. It does provide information not available in the vanilla client without platooning with an arty(that sounds awkward, but if it works...).

leeuniverse #45 Posted May 16 2020 - 20:50

Major

• Players
  • 42305 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

I agree with the OP that all those are most MUST mods, and really should be default in the game, save the last 2 aren't really "necessary", and I don't really worry about the reticle color/server reticle anymore.

I would like to add, that while it was mentioned during #1, the most important mod for me is the Players Panel Tank Icon mods.  Being able to see what tanks are, their class and name easily is the absolute most must-have mod.

And I would add another must-have that I'm still trying to get Aslain to add, that I used to have in the Mod Pack I used to develop, and that's the PP HP mod.  Pic below...  It's kinda similar to the Alt Button one the video showed, but better.

Oh, and I reiterate needing the mod someone else mentioned above, the Auto-Aim mod.
I've always had issues with using auto-aim, and this fixes the problem and makes playing tanks more fun.

Spartocus #46 Posted May 16 2020 - 21:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37634 battles
If you need a mod to win more, you're not good enough to begin with. I gave up mods years ago and have never looked back.

tod914 #47 Posted May 17 2020 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 67953 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
Good stuff.  That free camera/zoom out mod seems questionable for "fair" game play.  Being I play vanilla, I thought that was done away with sometime ago.  Might have to give a few of those a go.  Thanks for sharing.

Willster419 #48 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 17:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17362 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostWhineMaker, on May 14 2020 - 15:45, said:

The very best mods come with a FREE keylogger script... :great:

This is why I encourage the use of modpacks. We are more familiar with the modding scene and can perform vetting before we add them.

And before someone says wgmods does the same thing. They allow modpacks which proves they don't vet everything, unless they install every mod offered.

Some of the best mods don't even come from wgmods

Burhead06 #49 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 17:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13402 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 12 2020 - 14:48, said:

your account predates my own. surely you remember a time when the game client didn't even have a reload timer...

wargaming doesn't do R&D on quality of life things, they adopt stuff from the modding community.  thankfully.  I mean look at how bad wargaming's UI is for the missions now, or even the depot, where they made everything giant icons you can mash with your feet on a touch pad instead of a succinct list view...

I skimmed through the video.  To me it looks like the mods he's talking about are presenting information already given to the user in a fashion that is easier to digest.  it still takes someone willing to digest that information and act upon it to win more.  sadly, most of the player base is unwilling or incapable of even using the mini-map often enough...

i was gonna say something , then you did for me , pretty much this , most mods that any decent player will suggest to you are things that make information easier to digest and read into. its not giving you new information,

MiddleAgedNoob #50 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 23489 battles
  • [MARV] MARV

Many, many thanks for this.  Any chance you could put your _Aslains_Installer_Options.inf file on DropBox or the like?

GLHF

_Red_Saaryn_ #51 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 20:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 28906 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L
I finally installed aslain modpack yesterday night...uninstalled that glitchy crap today and got the solo modpack which is far superior and without the XVM entittlement/aslain logo rubbed on your face at every opportunity

Woland #52 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 20:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23189 battles

View PostTheJeep1, on May 12 2020 - 12:24, said:

Pretty sure WG doesn't include some of this stuff in the "vanilla" game to help players with slower computers.   

I haven't seen the mod that shows on the mini map which way a spotted enemy is pointing their turret in a few years.  I use ASlain, so he probably took it out of his list for a reason.  

I always wondered why the Zoom Out mod wasn't illegal until I platooned with my friend and I was playing arty.  We use mic's and it was very easy to follow him around in Arty Zoom and tell him about spotted enemies, which way they were facing, if they're hulldown, ect...

That mod was banned 2 or 3 years ago. That's when Aslain took it out

Woland #53 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 21:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 23189 battles

View Post_Red_Saaryn_, on Jun 13 2020 - 13:33, said:

I finally installed aslain modpack yesterday night...uninstalled that glitchy crap today and got the solo modpack which is far superior and without the XVM entittlement/aslain logo rubbed on your face at every opportunity

What did you add last night? I use aslains, primarily for the pretty colors. Red and orange are my favorite. Curious what you mean by entitlement rubbed in your face. And what was glitchy? 

Actually, I like being able to determine tanks by profile, color (class), and tier much easier at the beginning. And I confess, I use xvm so I can see who on my team I might rely on and who I probably shouldn't. And when facing the opponent, I take a lot more stupid chances against red and orange players (like rushing them, expecting them to not know where to aim, etc.). I don't run from or  specifically target green+ players (even in my arty), but I know I have to think, anticipate their actions differently, and step up my game play if possible to provide them something other than a giant seal to club. In honesty, I probably should always play like everyone I face is purple, but I don't... hence my poor stats. LOL

Guido1212 #54 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 21:38

Community Contributor

• Players
  • 85584 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View Postwildcat18, on May 12 2020 - 14:44, said:

Mods help you win games? In years past players have said repeatedly that mods only help you enjoy your game more not win more. Confused?

This argument has been convoluted by a lot of silliness.

If you can process the information a mod can absolutely help you win more.

The argument that mods won't make a player good is not the same argument.  IF the player can process the information, it can make them perform better.  Simply putting a bunch of information in front of a bad player won't make them good.  HOWEVER, if they can learn to use that information correctly then it can absolutely help them perform better.

So the arguments are a bit of an apples/oranges thing.  On the one hand, simply loading mods won't make you better.  But if you load mods and you know how to use them it can absolutely give you an advantage and can improve your performance.

4 of those mods are gameplay mods that should either be incorporated or banned.  They give a clear advantage as explained by 13.

Edited by Guido1212, Jun 13 2020 - 21:39.

_Red_Saaryn_ #55 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 23:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 28906 battles
  • [BRU2L] BRU2L

View PostWoland, on Jun 13 2020 - 21:11, said:

What did you add last night? I use aslains, primarily for the pretty colors. Red and orange are my favorite. Curious what you mean by entitlement rubbed in your face. And what was glitchy? 

Actually, I like being able to determine tanks by profile, color (class), and tier much easier at the beginning. And I confess, I use xvm so I can see who on my team I might rely on and who I probably shouldn't. And when facing the opponent, I take a lot more stupid chances against red and orange players (like rushing them, expecting them to not know where to aim, etc.). I don't run from or  specifically target green+ players (even in my arty), but I know I have to think, anticipate their actions differently, and step up my game play if possible to provide them something other than a giant seal to club. In honesty, I probably should always play like everyone I face is purple, but I don't... hence my poor stats. LOL

Here is a list of things I experienced with it

1 tanks camo looks like if a unicorn puked then ate the puke and live on a diet of colorful puke for years then pooped and that liquid mess was then put into a washing machine along the camo nets. The result are tanks so glitchy and ugly looking that they could be considered virus in my computer

2 we all know the XVM entitlement the " I'm far superior than you so you can go eat (edited) you (edited) (edited) worthless tomato (edited)" when the guy is just 2% better over your overall. We can add the "this game (edited) (edited)! Rigged MM (edited) I'm far too good for this (edited) I quit!" Guys that without even trying just say stuff like previously quoted then either kill themselves or in the worst case they flip arty then kill themselves...

3 not all mods can be enabled or disabled in game. I didn't even select a mod that gave me comic sans fonts with various colors, tank icon and gun mark all of those next to the in game tank name and icon

4 the (edited) modpack unequipped all my damn equipment from all my tanks!!! Over 80 camo nets and binoculars I had to manually put back! 

5 the battle cross air was weird and made it frustrating for me to aim at enemies, the worst part is that I couldn't change nor disable it. Don't get me wrong, the cross air was good but the weird hollow cross made it awkward to aim because I couldn't see if I was aiming at the tank or not due to a lack of physical que 

6 skins bugged out and returned to normal based on my camera. Sniper mode or normal mode each had its own bugs

7 I already knew I installed aslain but the icon was plastered everywhere! The garage, the login screen, the load screen, over the loading/sync texts, next to the battle button/shop/tank comparison/tank hit viewer/mod options damn! WG made the game and they don't have their logo all over the place like aslain has. It is like if they wanted to make it look as if they made the game and not wg! 

Finally, it took 20 minutes to install 1.30gb...

For those reason I uninstalled that modpack. It was a very frustrating experience for me. Imagine playing vanilla and your first modded experience is like this...if wasn't because I'm such a masochist then I would have rage quitted the modding scene... Thank God the solo modpack was simple enough and their ego wasn't that big as to put their logo everywhere so I'm using that modpack instead...for now...XD

1BRAVO9 #56 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 00:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22433 battles

View PostI_QQ_4_U, on May 12 2020 - 13:14, said:

Works fine.

Just tried the white reticle and it was awesome.

Parkeus1 #57 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 02:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5919 battles
  • [NASTI] NASTI
All of the in-game mods that he highlights give you an advantage over playing vanilla and therefore should be labeled cheats. I'm shocked that an extreme zoom out like that is an allowable mod as well as the one that shows you the hit points remaining on enemy tanks by pressing "Alt." Those give enormous advantages to someone using them. The tank inspector style mods are educational and perfectly fine as well as the final mod that calculates how far to three-marking a tank.

Elite_Camper #58 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 14:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 12345 battles

FIY for mod #1 you don't need to install XVM.

PMOD has the same feature. You can install it though Aslain under non-XVM mods.

I also like the PMOD team hitpoints.

Triple_2krecent #59 Posted Jun 15 2020 - 03:48

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6357 battles
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
i already have warpack 

Lightly_Armored #60 Posted Jun 15 2020 - 06:08

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16413 battles
I dislike the entire idea of mods.  If it helps you win more and it isn't available to everyone playing the game it shouldn't be allowed.  Zoom out is just cheating.  You know it is if you are using it.  That's why you are doing it.  Because you want more info than the other guy has. Make a submission system for a new mod to be incorporated into the game and other wise any mod = ban.  Just my two cents.

Also tagged with mods, 13disciple, top, best

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users