HWK30 is a Medium Tank.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

TheJeep1 #1 Posted May 14 2020 - 16:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46746 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

Don't buy this tank if your looking to play it as a scout.  Buy it if your looking to have a tier8 medium that plays like a LeopardPT or Leopard1.  Not at all saying it's a horrible tank to play.  In fact it can do a fair amount of scouting, but no where near the HWK which is also tier 8.  Acceleration is slow, its a big target, camo is only so so, and dont try to corner fast....because it wont.

When I play the HWK30 at tier 8 I feel like Im playing the Rhmpzwagon at tier 10.

It's a decent sniper, especially with the depression on its gun.  It's also good at end game stuff, if you can manage to live that long....which in order to do so usually means you should not be actively spotting in it.  Also relocating around the map is awesome, sense your usually just driving in a strait line to do so.

PTwr #2 Posted May 14 2020 - 17:11

Major

• Players
  • 48250 battles
  • [BITSA] BITSA

Yup. Those are just Leopards that shrunk during wash. Heck, RU 251 even have that bothersome raised butt of Leo's!

Edited by PTwr, May 14 2020 - 17:11.

oldewolfe #3 Posted May 20 2020 - 15:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 27652 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Told someone the other day this very same thing...     He had asked about the HWK30 and the T92, wanted Opinions....

I said if ya wanna Scout but not Shoot alot, get the T92 because it's Small, Quick, but the Gun is Garbage....      If you wanna Shoot Stuff, the HWK30 has the better Gun, 102mm Pen HE comes in VERY Handy, you're Quick but not as Fast as the T92, and you're as Big as a House....    You're not Hiding in it for Long, if at all...

HWK30's Claim to Scouting Fame is that Insane VR if I recall, what is it, like 410m or so to Start BEFORE Equipment and Skills...???      But I've always said this about the Leopard I, it's not a Medium per se, it's more of a Light/Medium Hybrid because you can actually get it from 2 Places in the Light Tank Line.....        The Tech Tree Rework will Confuse that a Little now, but it still Holds True, and I may have to start Playing my HWK30 a Bit More....

Treeburst #4 Posted May 21 2020 - 18:58

Major

• Players
  • 35317 battles
  • [SNPAI] SNPAI
Pretty much all LTs play like pocket mediums nowadays. Very few maps allow for “scouting”, and high tier LTs are almost literally just MTs that are slightly worse in every way.

SquiggyMcPew #5 Posted May 25 2020 - 07:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 91 battles
The hwk30 is basically the old ru251 when it was a tier 8 with a few buffs tossed in. Basically a pocket medium that can scout as others have said. I have one and its very fun and the camo is good enough if you have a top crew and don't mind using the camo directive. I also have the t92 and its much more of a pure scout but unlike others I find the gun just fine when you have distracted tanks to shoot at.

TheJeep1 #6 Posted May 25 2020 - 21:57

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 46746 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

yep, you're all correct. 

View Postoldewolfe, on May 20 2020 - 06:31, said:

Told someone the other day this very same thing...     He had asked about the HWK30 and the T92, wanted Opinions....

I said if ya wanna Scout but not Shoot alot, get the T92 because it's Small, Quick, but the Gun is Garbage....      If you wanna Shoot Stuff, the HWK30 has the better Gun, 102mm Pen HE comes in VERY Handy, you're Quick but not as Fast as the T92, and you're as Big as a House....    You're not Hiding in it for Long, if at all...

HWK30's Claim to Scouting Fame is that Insane VR if I recall, what is it, like 410m or so to Start BEFORE Equipment and Skills...???      But I've always said this about the Leopard I, it's not a Medium per se, it's more of a Light/Medium Hybrid because you can actually get it from 2 Places in the Light Tank Line.....        The Tech Tree Rework will Confuse that a Little now, but it still Holds True, and I may have to start Playing my HWK30 a Bit More....

View PostTreeburst, on May 21 2020 - 09:58, said:

Pretty much all LTs play like pocket mediums nowadays. Very few maps allow for “scouting”, and high tier LTs are almost literally just MTs that are slightly worse in every way.

View PostSquiggyMcPew, on May 24 2020 - 22:21, said:

The hwk30 is basically the old ru251 when it was a tier 8 with a few buffs tossed in. Basically a pocket medium that can scout as others have said. I have one and its very fun and the camo is good enough if you have a top crew and don't mind using the camo directive. I also have the t92 and its much more of a pure scout but unlike others I find the gun just fine when you have distracted tanks to shoot at.

My first 100 games or so I attempted to play it like the HWK12, ended up 38%.  Now I play it more like LeopardPT "ish", and Im up to 49%.  It's HE is awesome against EBRs and I feel the MM's are not bad at all and pretty fair.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users