14 replies to this topic

DomoSapien #1 Posted May 14 2020 - 18:38

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 15240 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Tankers,

It's time for another Common Test!

Up for testing is the next iteration of Ranked Battles, with some special daily missions and changes to the bonus battle mechanic, as well as a sneak peak at the next season of Battlepass.

Additionally, we're introducing Progressive Decals, which change in appearance over time as you accomplish certain tasks. Think Marks of Excellence, but in decal form. Some extra customization options for certain vehicle styles, as well as the ability to apply decals to vehicles of all tiers; these are also features that are being tested for 1.9.1.

But I know you guys are more interested in the nitty gritty: good news, we've got a wave of some modest buffs coming to some low tier vehicles that need some extra adjustments after update 1.9. I skimmed through the list of tanks and it appears that most, if not all of these changes are in fact buffs, but make sure you check out the article for the full list of changes.

Tanks being adjusted are as follows:
Cavalier

Crusader
Cruiser Mk. IV
Covenanter
BT-7
A-20

KV-1S

For information on how to participate in the Common Test, check out our Public Test guide

And  just in case, here is another link to the 1.9.1 Common Test article + update notes

Please leave your feedback below, or if you're not comfortable voicing it in a public forum, send me a PM on the forums or Discord.

lordsheen #2 Posted May 14 2020 - 19:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 91655 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL

Added the Lorraine 50 t

It would be cool if we could try new vehicles on the Common Test :P

DomoSapien #3 Posted May 14 2020 - 19:08

Community Coordinator

• -Players-
  • 15240 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postlordsheen, on May 14 2020 - 12:07, said:

Added the Lorraine 50 t

It would be cool if we could try new vehicles on the Common Test :P

Sometimes they're available for testing! Depends, if they're part of a marathon or event, sometimes it's possible to test the event on Common Test. I'm not sure that's the case this time around, however :(

GenErwinRommel #4 Posted May 14 2020 - 19:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 78842 battles
  • [CATF] CATF

more Russian buffs 

on a semi op tank 

go screw yourselves 

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted May 14 2020 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 26500 battles
Trying to make the KV-1S broken again I see. 

I'm getting tired of all these needless updates, I was so pumped for the gold round nerfs after playing on that test that I refuse to play without those changes being implemented. They made derp guns more balanced, stopped 95% of gold spam, and made the game a whole lot more enjoyable in higher tier play. Not to mention the E100, IS-4, and other needed buffs were right around the corner. 

Not it seems they've pushed that off till basically next year to make way for more money-grabbing schemes. 

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted May 14 2020 - 22:03

Major

• Players
  • 79332 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

The nitty gritty on the tank tweaks.

Spoiler

Wildest_Coyote #7 Posted May 15 2020 - 05:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12880 battles
  • [-BTU-] -BTU-

Well, looks like a step in the right direction for the kv1s and crusader. 

What is the Lorr 50t? 

Subject_of_Pain #8 Posted May 15 2020 - 05:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6016 battles
  • [LDZP] LDZP

View PostDomoSapien, on May 14 2020 - 18:38, said:

Tankers,

It's time for another Common Test!

Up for testing is the next iteration of Ranked Battles, with some special daily missions and changes to the bonus battle mechanic, as well as a sneak peak at the next season of Battlepass.

Additionally, we're introducing Progressive Decals, which change in appearance over time as you accomplish certain tasks. Think Marks of Excellence, but in decal form. Some extra customization options for certain vehicle styles, as well as the ability to apply decals to vehicles of all tiers; these are also features that are being tested for 1.9.1.

But I know you guys are more interested in the nitty gritty: good news, we've got a wave of some modest buffs coming to some low tier vehicles that need some extra adjustments after update 1.9. I skimmed through the list of tanks and it appears that most, if not all of these changes are in fact buffs, but make sure you check out the article for the full list of changes.

Tanks being adjusted are as follows:
Cavalier

Crusader
Cruiser Mk. IV
Covenanter
BT-7
A-20

KV-1S

For information on how to participate in the Common Test, check out our Public Test guide

And  just in case, here is another link to the 1.9.1 Common Test article + update notes

Please leave your feedback below, or if you're not comfortable voicing it in a public forum, send me a PM on the forums or Discord.

How about changing the VK30.01(P) from a piece of steaming crap heavy back to a good/fun medium? And un-nerf the Luchs, Pz1C and Marder? WG idiot devs just seem to love taking the FUN out of German tanks.

Volcanic_lobster_220 #9 Posted May 15 2020 - 05:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 9146 battles

View PostGenErwinRommel, on May 14 2020 - 14:25, said:

more Russian buffs 

View PostJakeTheMystic, on May 14 2020 - 15:38, said:

Trying to make the KV-1S broken again I see. 

Right, the KV-1S at Tier 6 with only 50mm of armor on all sides, these changes are crap, why'd they change useless stats like depression and dispersion when what the tank NEEDS is more armor and alpha, give it the T-150's gun or something atleast.

Ghost5_ErA #10 Posted May 15 2020 - 09:35

Corporal

• Players
  • 14811 battles
  • [LUCID] LUCID
NONONO IMPROVED VSTAB ON THE WHEELED CLOWN CARS FML THE HORRIR

BMRFSectorCTestLabsC33A #11 Posted May 17 2020 - 03:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 18514 battles
What happened to the 50TP prototyp? Removed from the game without mentioning it??

dusmanescu #12 Posted May 25 2020 - 19:48

Sergeant

• Players
  • 84138 battles
  • [_FAM_] _FAM_

No buffs for russian Matilda???

Are you kidding me???

ArcticTankHunter #13 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 03:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19266 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

Bump. WG forget to nerf Valentine side armour to 50mm. Majority of the tier 3 tanks penetration are not above 60mm of penetration for their guns. Nerf it down to 50mm will allow tier 3 tanks to penetrate side armour of valentine while still allowing Valentine to angle its armour to be impenetrable at that tier. This is also based on historical accuracy which allows the tank to remain in tier 3 as balance.

Quotes:

Valentine III

"As a compensation for the added weight, the side armor was somewhat downgraded from 60 to 50 mm (2.36-1.97 in). The main gun was now a QF 2 pounder Mk.V."

Valentine V

"The Mark V produced in 1942 was virtually identical to the Mark III, but equipped with the same GMC diesel and transmission."

The Last gun on Valentine is 6pdr Mark V early. So it would make complete sense to have the side armour nerf.

Quote from Wiki:

Valentine IX

"A V upgraded to the 6-pounder gun as VIII. Similar armour reduction as on the Mk VIII; on late production units an upgraded, 165 hp version of the GMC 6004 diesel was installed, somewhat improving mobility."

So, it is basically the same tank that gets a few upgrades. Not the original Valentine 2 or Canadian version which had more side armour.

I know what WG is going to do with the QF 75mm version most likely premium version as Tier 5 mainly because it is the same gun as Cromwell. The Valentine XI be great as a cross trainer with Canadian tech tree.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jun 09 2020 - 00:39.

ArcticTankHunter #14 Posted Jun 09 2020 - 00:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 19266 battles
  • [OSU-V] OSU-V

Another suggestion is to buff the Pen of 47mm SA35 so the AMX38 can at least penetrate the Valentine side with standard rounds after 10mm of armour nerf.   45mm of pen for standard is dumb. We are talking about new players here unless WG decides that premium rounds for tier 3 or lower cost almost nothing. New players should not be forced to spam prem rounds all the time just becuase one tank in the tech tree has way to much armour for its tier.

Here are a list of vehicles standard rounds that 60mm side armour that Valentine can block without angling.

Edited by ArcticTankHunter, Jun 09 2020 - 00:45.

twin_turret #15 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 15:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32356 battles
  • [R_A_T] R_A_T

I hate how the garage exterior screen changed with this "update". It is no longer possible to see all the camo's I own in the bottom screen. Only the camo for sale and not applied camo is now listed in the bottom bar.

I used that to find the particular tank that has the camo applied. So I can free it up and apply to another tank.

Now we have to search for applied camo going through each tank in garage.

Did I miss something in settings or do you need to send a spare brain to Minsk to figure that one out?

Edited by twin_turret, Jun 13 2020 - 15:07.

Also tagged with common test, ct

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users