Jump to content


I am not an arty player... but

artillery light tanks tds

  • Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

24_inch_pythons #1 Posted May 16 2020 - 00:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 34007 battles
  • 6,131
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012
 I think I've decided, I'd rather play artillery than light tanks. And I used to love light tanks... I'd rather play TDs before light tanks too. Poor light tanks...

stalkervision #2 Posted May 16 2020 - 00:36

    Major

  • Players
  • 77059 battles
  • 9,960
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Why ? 

Cowcat137 #3 Posted May 16 2020 - 00:38

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17340 battles
  • 8,075
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

Tracked were destroyed by :

1. the expansion from eight to ten tiers

2. wheelies that dominate them in all roles.

 

It's one of the biggest mistakes the Developers ever made, (3-5-7 matchmaking was probably worse). 



24_inch_pythons #4 Posted May 16 2020 - 00:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 34007 battles
  • 6,131
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View Poststalkervision, on May 15 2020 - 17:36, said:

Why ? 

 

 Well, it maybe some light tank burnout compared to new artillery smell... I've played a lot of lights, not that much artillery... but I think most of it boils down to, if I'm going to play passively (I know you can be active in light tanks, especially towards the late game) I'd rather be passive by doing something and having an effect on the game. Artillery, I think, does that much better than light tanks. Hull-down monster in your team's way? Show him that hull-down doesn't mean anything. Turretless td trying to keep up with a tank that's trying to circle him? Show him the foolishness of driving a tank without a turret. Want to attack at A1 and then attack at I9 25 seconds later? Artillery is what you want. It's just more "fun" than sitting in a bush hoping your team has even the slightest idea of how to shoot... and especially how to shoot and remain hidden (I'm spotting for you so you don't have to).



24_inch_pythons #5 Posted May 16 2020 - 00:46

    Major

  • Players
  • 34007 battles
  • 6,131
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    03-28-2012

View PostCowcat137, on May 15 2020 - 17:38, said:

Tracked were destroyed by :

1. the expansion from eight to ten tiers

2. wheelies that dominate them in all roles.

 

It's one of the biggest mistakes the Developers ever made, (3-5-7 matchmaking was probably worse). 

Absolutely true.



WhineMaker #6 Posted May 16 2020 - 01:08

    Major

  • Players
  • 43298 battles
  • 7,148
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

OP has become a disgusting clicker... :hiding:

 

 

Welcome to the dark fun side... :great:



The_Pink_Panther #7 Posted May 16 2020 - 01:32

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 773
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012
If I may make a couple of recommendations?   The US and French lines are far superior to all the others, IMHO.  The Lorraine 155-51 is an excellent arty for use in Frontlines due to it's rate of fire and mobility.  The US comes next, in this regard and then I would rank the Soviet, then German.  I don't have a Brit arty, to speak of so I don't know about that.  This of course, is just my personal opinion and I have used the Frenchy to to complete all Frontline battles thus far and plan to use it, this coming time also and reap my reward.  I will not be playing Steel rigging oh, I'm sorry Steeling & reeling, Sorry steel hunter.

stalkervision #8 Posted May 16 2020 - 01:45

    Major

  • Players
  • 77059 battles
  • 9,960
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013

View Post24_inch_pythons, on May 15 2020 - 18:46, said:

 

 Well, it maybe some light tank burnout compared to new artillery smell... I've played a lot of lights, not that much artillery... but I think most of it boils down to, if I'm going to play passively (I know you can be active in light tanks, especially towards the late game) I'd rather be passive by doing something and having an effect on the game. Artillery, I think, does that much better than light tanks. Hull-down monster in your team's way? Show him that hull-down doesn't mean anything. Turretless td trying to keep up with a tank that's trying to circle him? Show him the foolishness of driving a tank without a turret. Want to attack at A1 and then attack at I9 25 seconds later? Artillery is what you want. It's just more "fun" than sitting in a bush hoping your team has even the slightest idea of how to shoot... and especially how to shoot and remain hidden (I'm spotting for you so you don't have to).

Very reasonable response. I like playing arty because it can have a large effect all over the battlefield. 



Cowcat137 #9 Posted May 16 2020 - 02:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17340 battles
  • 8,075
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on May 16 2020 - 01:32, said:

If I may make a couple of recommendations?   The US and French lines are far superior to all the others, IMHO.  The Lorraine 155-51 is an excellent arty for use in Frontlines due to it's rate of fire and mobility.  The US comes next, in this regard and then I would rank the Soviet, then German.  I don't have a Brit arty, to speak of so I don't know about that.  This of course, is just my personal opinion and I have used the Frenchy to to complete all Frontline battles thus far and plan to use it, this coming time also and reap my reward.  I will not be playing Steel rigging oh, I'm sorry Steeling & reeling, Sorry steel hunter.


One reason that the Lorraine is great is because it can evade the EBRs and other rear area YOLOS  (if you watch the minimap and see them coming)


Edited by Cowcat137, May 16 2020 - 02:03.


stalkervision #10 Posted May 16 2020 - 02:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 77059 battles
  • 9,960
  • Member since:
    11-12-2013
Fast arty is nice. The American line appears to have a nice mix of hard hitting mobile arties.

Vava_das_SPGs #11 Posted May 16 2020 - 03:43

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 29629 battles
  • 2,325
  • Member since:
    06-02-2015

View PostThe_Pink_Panther, on May 15 2020 - 21:32, said:

If I may make a couple of recommendations?   The US and French lines are far superior to all the others, IMHO.  The Lorraine 155-51 is an excellent arty for use in Frontlines due to it's rate of fire and mobility.  The US comes next, in this regard and then I would rank the Soviet, then German.  I don't have a Brit arty, to speak of so I don't know about that.  This of course, is just my personal opinion and I have used the Frenchy to to complete all Frontline battles thus far and plan to use it, this coming time also and reap my reward.  I will not be playing Steel rigging oh, I'm sorry Steeling & reeling, Sorry steel hunter.

My 1st choice to Frontline is the M40/M43.
Normally at the mid-game, some LTs come to hunt the arties, and if I got killed, my 2nd choice is the Lorraine 155 51 (because the respawn limitation per area per vehicle class and the mobility).



Cowcat137 #12 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:10

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17340 battles
  • 8,075
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    08-17-2015

View Poststalkervision, on May 16 2020 - 02:40, said:

Fast arty is nice. The American line appears to have a nice mix of hard hitting mobile arties.

The T-92 is a nuke launcher but it crawls.  You can hide but you can't run.



AllieOop2 #13 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:13

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15 battles
  • 2,429
  • Member since:
    02-22-2019
Arty gives players a "stress" break in a different way. When you play a great game in arty you probably should get the confederate medal. Kill maybe one tank. Save a couple of tanks. Stall a advance or two. Root out the hull down bad boy sitting an clicking. Some of the most satisfying matches I have had in WoT is in arty. Basically remove a lot of testosterone from the Red team.

Edited by AllieOop2, May 16 2020 - 04:15.


Tsusday #14 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:36

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13279 battles
  • 159
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    07-12-2011
Just don't play arty, learn to play the game instead. There's already cancerous arties playing around. Yes wheeled killed lights, but arty kills the game. There's a reason why most arty players are getting blacklisted the most.

WhineMaker #15 Posted May 16 2020 - 07:06

    Major

  • Players
  • 43298 battles
  • 7,148
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011

View PostTsukushi_Kino[edited]a, on May 15 2020 - 19:36, said:

Just don't play arty, learn to play the game instead. There's already cancerous arties playing around. Yes wheeled killed lights, but arty kills the game. There's a reason why most arty players are getting blacklisted the most.

 

You must be playing a different game than I am. I've tried opening WoT with WGC and via a shortcut and both versions have arty... :great:

 

Oh no, not blacklisted by the kiddos. What will I ever do? :P



Tiocfaidh_Arla #16 Posted May 16 2020 - 12:57

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 6173 battles
  • 551
  • [IRE] IRE
  • Member since:
    01-04-2015

View Post24_inch_pythons, on May 16 2020 - 00:23, said:

 I think I've decided, I'd rather play artillery than light tanks. And I used to love light tanks... I'd rather play TDs before light tanks too. Poor light tanks...

 

Why not? It is the easiest class to play. Even bad players can play arty good. You can eat chips an drink coffee between shots. You only have to play with one hand, leaving your other hand free for other things. You can troll people on the forum who dislike arty. You can break the forum TOS and get away with it. What is not to like about arty? Heck, it is the best thing this game has going. Everyone should play arty and only arty. What a game that would be.



Akrotiri #17 Posted May 16 2020 - 12:59

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 13903 battles
  • 272
  • Member since:
    11-25-2015

View PostTsukushi_Kino[edited]a, on May 15 2020 - 22:36, said:

Just don't play arty, learn to play the game instead. There's already cancerous arties playing around. Yes wheeled killed lights, but arty kills the game. There's a reason why most arty players are getting blacklisted the most.

 

Um, dude?  His WR is better than yours.  I think he knows how to play the game.  And you have no idea who's getting blacklisted and why.  So don't just make stuff up.



ProfessionalFinn #18 Posted May 16 2020 - 13:04

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 30228 battles
  • 3,020
  • Member since:
    02-23-2016


MGFranks #19 Posted May 16 2020 - 13:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 29820 battles
  • 3,383
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
  • Member since:
    03-23-2013

View PostVava_das_SPGs, on May 15 2020 - 21:43, said:

My 1st choice to Frontline is the M40/M43.
Normally at the mid-game, some LTs come to hunt the arties, and if I got killed, my 2nd choice is the Lorraine 155 51 (because the respawn limitation per area per vehicle class and the mobility).

 

2800 WN8 and 59% WR in pubs, strictly arty? Now that is impressive.



nuclearguy931 #20 Posted May 16 2020 - 15:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 85998 battles
  • 11,744
  • [UMM] UMM
  • Member since:
    08-16-2011

View PostWhineMaker, on May 15 2020 - 19:08, said:

OP has become a disgusting clicker... :hiding:

 

 

Welcome to the dark fun side... :great:


Yes, he can come get disgusting with us.







Also tagged with artillery, light tanks, tds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users