very disappointed

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

DenneyG #1 Posted May 16 2020 - 02:31

Private

• Players
  • 831 battles
  • [MOBB] MOBB

so as I've only been playing for a few weeks,corona virus/stay at home thing.I am a gamer,yes even at 50,i have kids 12,28,& 31 also gamers that play multiple games most first person shooters.I started out with duke nukem back in the mid to late 90's,so i know a little bit about gaming.( battlefields,americas army,rainbow 6,to name a few.at first I liked the WOT graphics,the lay of the game,but quickly realized a few issues.Namely one the unbalance of team match making.& two) tier mixing,both taking some control out of the players hands,as most matches are completely lopsided wins or loses.I also was puzzled by the fact that ,and i am new to the game,but am a gamer,that i was steadly put on teams(2-12 streaks) that were just bad.thinking this is a predetermind thing.? Mainly to get new players to spent $.put bad teams together.as I've seen this tactic in other games. At this point I would not recommend this game to new players,& anyone i game with ,I will be sure to tell them to leave this game alone.

very disappointed!

Trailer_Trashed #2 Posted May 16 2020 - 02:47

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6976 battles

View PostDenneyG, on May 15 2020 - 17:31, said:

so as I've only been playing for a few weeks,corona virus/stay at home thing.I am a gamer,yes even at 50,i have kids 12,28,& 31 also gamers that play multiple games most first person shooters.I started out with duke nukem back in the mid to late 90's,so i know a little bit about gaming.( battlefields,americas army,rainbow 6,to name a few.at first I liked the WOT graphics,the lay of the game,but quickly realized a few issues.Namely one the unbalance of team match making.& two) tier mixing,both taking some control out of the players hands,as most matches are completely lopsided wins or loses.I also was puzzled by the fact that ,and i am new to the game,but am a gamer,that i was steadly put on teams(2-12 streaks) that were just bad.thinking this is a predetermind thing.? Mainly to get new players to spent $.put bad teams together.as I've seen this tactic in other games. At this point I would not recommend this game to new players,& anyone i game with ,I will be sure to tell them to leave this game alone.

very disappointed!

Less than 300 battles and complaining about unbalanced team?  Are you using a mod to show you how unbalanced the teams are....or are you just guessing because of the outcome of the battles?  Also, you are spouting the "predetermined" and the "designed to spend money" mantra a veteran player will often spout.  At 250 battles, I was too busy still trying to figure out the mechanics of the game to worry about "predetermined" or "designed to spend money" issues.  I very much doubt you are truly a new player.  More likely a disgruntled reroll.  Maybe you are new......and I apologize if I am wrong about you.  However, your post implies otherwise.

If you are truly a new player, this game has a huge learning curve.  Past experience on other games provide very little insight.  It took me about 5,000 battles before I felt I truly knew what I was doing....and  I've been a gamer for over 30 years.  Don't expect great battles at low tier.  Low tiers are often junk battles.

Edited by Trailer_Trashed, May 16 2020 - 02:57.

Ironmike11B #3 Posted May 16 2020 - 03:12

Major

• Players
  • 33810 battles

View PostTrailer_Trashed, on May 15 2020 - 19:47, said:

Less than 300 battles and complaining about unbalanced team?  Are you using a mod to show you how unbalanced the teams are....or are you just guessing because of the outcome of the battles?  Also, you are spouting the "predetermined" and the "designed to spend money" mantra a veteran player will often spout.  At 250 battles, I was too busy still trying to figure out the mechanics of the game to worry about "predetermined" or "designed to spend money" issues.  I very much doubt you are truly a new player.  More likely a disgruntled reroll.  Maybe you are new......and I apologize if I am wrong about you.  However, your post implies otherwise.

If you are truly a new player, this game has a huge learning curve.  Past experience on other games provide very little insight.  It took me about 5,000 battles before I felt I truly knew what I was doing....and  I've been a gamer for over 30 years.  Don't expect great battles at low tier.  Low tiers are often junk battles.

I was also struck by the very....veteran description of the game.

GeorgePreddy #4 Posted May 16 2020 - 03:18

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostDenneyG, on May 15 2020 - 22:31, said:

... most matches are completely lopsided wins or loses.  I keep track... only about 31% of battles end with a snowball result.  That's perfectly normal for this type of game.

Mainly to get new players to spent $.put bad teams together.as I've seen this tactic in other games.   Never go full tinfoil, your conspiracy theory is a bad one, you should give it up.

At this point I would not recommend this game to new players,& anyone i game with ,I will be sure to tell them to leave this game alone.

very disappointed!       It's not WG's fault that you are not succeeding at the game. With just a couple hundred battles, you didn't even give it half a chance.

Pipinghot #5 Posted May 16 2020 - 03:25

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDenneyG, on May 15 2020 - 20:31, said:

so as I've only been playing for a few weeks

Nope.

You're obviously posting on an old, alt account.

1) A new player with only 269 battles wouldn't have any idea about team balance, that's barely enough time to figure out the garage, controls and maps.

2) Someone who has been playing games since the mid 90's should know that each new game presents it's own unique challenges and that it takes time to even learn enough to ask the right questions.

Your story doesn't add up.

Ironmike11B #6 Posted May 16 2020 - 03:50

Major

• Players
  • 33810 battles

View PostPipinghot, on May 15 2020 - 20:25, said:

In others words...

toesave #7 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:09

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31852 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostTrailer_Trashed, on May 16 2020 - 01:47, said:

you can judge the unbalanced teams in less time then that

toesave #8 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 31852 battles
  • [DIXIE] DIXIE

View PostPipinghot, on May 16 2020 - 02:25, said:

Nope.

1) A new player with only 269 battles wouldn't have any idea about team balance, that's barely enough time to figure out the garage, controls and maps.

2) Someone who has been playing games since the mid 90's should know that each new game presents it's own unique challenges and that it takes time to even learn enough to ask the right questions.

when you get rolled 15 to 5  so often  it becomes very clear to the few educated players in this game......

Trailer_Trashed #9 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 6976 battles

View Posttoesave, on May 15 2020 - 19:12, said:

when you get rolled 15 to 5  so often  it becomes very clear to the few educated players in this game......

And it absolutely can not be because of the nature of the game?  Attrition?

Keep trying to convince  yourself that it is all just "unbalanced teams".  It might make you feel better about yourself.

Insanefriend #10 Posted May 16 2020 - 04:31

Major

• Players
  • 58658 battles

View PostDenneyG, on May 15 2020 - 19:31, said:

Namely one the unbalance of team match making.& two) tier mixing,both taking some control out of the players hands,as most matches are completely lopsided wins or loses.I also was puzzled by the fact that ,and i am new to the game,but am a gamer,that i was steadly put on teams(2-12 streaks) that were just bad.thinking this is a predetermind thing.? Mainly to get new players to spent $.put bad teams together.as I've seen this tactic in other games. At this point I would not recommend this game to new players,& anyone i game with ,I will be sure to tell them to leave this game alone.

very disappointed!

Don't get into this mind set, it isn't good.  I've played this game for awhile now, but never felt like I needed to spend money to win.  Everyone gets loosing streaks, the better players are better able to carry those bad teams you say you keep getting put on so their streaks are lower.  As your game play improves so will the number of wins you get.  

What I want to know is how spending money on this game would help you win?  All it really does is give you quicker progression to higher tiers where your more likely to get crushed by veteran players.  Which over all would give you more lopsided losses.

This game just has a lot of complex game mechanics and strategy to learn and until you do it's going to be hard.  If you have questions look for answers, or ask on the forum and people will help!

Edited by Insanefriend, May 16 2020 - 04:33.

Ironmike11B #11 Posted May 16 2020 - 05:05

Major

• Players
  • 33810 battles

View Posttoesave, on May 15 2020 - 21:09, said:

you can judge the unbalanced teams in less time then that

View Posttoesave, on May 15 2020 - 21:12, said:

Toesave, did you not notice that the OP has had this account FOR FIVE YEARS??????

Edited by Ironmike11B, May 16 2020 - 07:48.

Pipinghot #12 Posted May 16 2020 - 07:40

Major

• Players
  • 25960 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View Posttoesave, on May 15 2020 - 22:12, said:

View PostPipinghot, on May 16 2020 - 02:25, said:

Nope.

So, you're one of the "educated players", eh?

In that case tell us:

1) How often do you get "rolled" in blowouts? What portion/percentage of the game end in blowouts?

2) How often do you think you should have blowouts, and why? What is your reasoning/logic/math that demonstrates how often blowouts should occur?

3) What game mechanics would have to be changed in order to achieve your target percentage of blowouts?

Show off that great education of yours, educate the rest of us with your knowledge and wisdom.

The_Pushok #13 Posted May 16 2020 - 07:53

Major

• Players
  • 22012 battles
  • [H-UNT] H-UNT

View PostTrailer_Trashed, on May 15 2020 - 20:47, said:

Took me 7000 battles before I finally started "getting it", and I been gaming since my first computer, the TRS-80, lol.

Also tagged with very disappointed

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users