Jump to content


Struggling to transition from console to PC [41% WR and dropping towards 36%]

tomato console

  • Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

BoltflareX #1 Posted May 20 2020 - 20:41

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 779 battles
  • 2
  • [GSAC] GSAC
  • Member since:
    09-28-2017

Hi everyone!

 

Here's a little bit of background info. I used to be a xbox 360 player from between 2014 and 2016. In those two years, I played 6631 games with an overall WR of 56.04% and 2085 WN8 score. http://www.wotinfo.net/en/efficiency?server=XBOX&playername=boltflare

 

After a 4 year break, I began to play World of Tanks again earlier this month (400 games total), but this time on PC. I didn't have any real experience using a mouse and keyboard from other PC games. However, I am struggling with being able to make an impact on a regular basis. If anything, my recent winrate of 36% is suggesting that I am actively hurting my team. 

https://wotlabs.net/na/player/boltflarex

With time spend on getting used to the controls, regaining map knowledge, and getting access to perks such as six sense, I would hope that I can recover some of my old skill, but these last few days have been very demoralizing. I've been using Aslain's mod + enabling view/max view/draw distance circles on minimap.

Do you have any advice for me?

 

Thanks!

 



cloudwalking #2 Posted May 20 2020 - 20:52

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 198 battles
  • 278
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

Overal, you're playing a much higher difficulty game on pc due to so many having incredible aim with a mouse.  Players on pc will hit weakspots easier and quicker and more often than someone using a controller with joystick.  That alone could be a 'system shock' and be hard to adjust for.

 

I'd say just keep at it and keep improving your own aim and it will get better.  Make sure to always use cover, always have a buddy near by, use sidescrape when possible and just work on improvement.  Maps are a little different so take time to learn them well on pc and it will pay big time.

 

hit me up in game - cloudwalkr - and we can talk about some stuff.



ULTRADERECHA #3 Posted May 20 2020 - 20:53

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 27942 battles
  • 950
  • Member since:
    07-29-2015
It looks like you're having a terrible streak of bad luck. 

death_stryker #4 Posted May 20 2020 - 20:55

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 4576 battles
  • 963
  • Member since:
    05-23-2014

You seem to be doing fine, no idea why your winrate is so low but I wouldn't worry about it, probably just small sample size. Map knowledge is definitely the big thing, https://wotguru.com/map-strategy/ is pretty good. http://tanks.gg has tank stats and collision models and whatnot. 



Insanefriend #5 Posted May 20 2020 - 21:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 50807 battles
  • 2,494
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012
More so my guess is he is suffering from new account with bad crews.  Correct me if I’m wrong but on xbox you just had 6th sense whereas on pc you need to grind it out.

BoltflareX #6 Posted May 20 2020 - 21:23

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 779 battles
  • 2
  • [GSAC] GSAC
  • Member since:
    09-28-2017

View Postcloudwalking, on May 20 2020 - 20:52, said:

Overal, you're playing a much higher difficulty game on pc due to so many having incredible aim with a mouse.  Players on pc will hit weakspots easier and quicker and more often than someone using a controller with joystick.  That alone could be a 'system shock' and be hard to adjust for.

 

I'd say just keep at it and keep improving your own aim and it will get better.  Make sure to always use cover, always have a buddy near by, use sidescrape when possible and just work on improvement.  Maps are a little different so take time to learn them well on pc and it will pay big time.

 

hit me up in game - cloudwalkr - and we can talk about some stuff.

I'll send you a friend request! Thanks!

View Postdeath_stryker, on May 20 2020 - 20:55, said:

You seem to be doing fine, no idea why your winrate is so low but I wouldn't worry about it, probably just small sample size. Map knowledge is definitely the big thing, https://wotguru.com/map-strategy/ is pretty good. http://tanks.gg has tank stats and collision models and whatnot. 

The map-strategy resource was exactly what I was looking for! I was struggling a lot with knowing where to go and would get caught out in bad locations. Thank you so much!

View PostInsanefriend, on May 20 2020 - 21:05, said:

More so my guess is he is suffering from new account with bad crews.  Correct me if I’m wrong but on xbox you just had 6th sense whereas on pc you need to grind it out.

Yup! I've very recently unlocked six sense on some of the primary lines I've been grinding and it's quite hyelpful. Xbox's six sense also does not have a 3 second delay. 
 

EDIT: I misspoke. You still need to grind out six sense on Xbox


Edited by BoltflareX, May 24 2020 - 09:29.


Gothraul #7 Posted May 20 2020 - 21:24

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 2844 battles
  • 6,318
  • [J0LLY] J0LLY
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
One thing you can do is hang around at low tiers with a couple of seal clubber tanks till you acclimate to this ecosystem and gradually work your way through the tiers one at a time but one thing don't rush as yoloing up the tiers not only results in low win rates people do take notice resulting in reports as well messages. 

tod914 #8 Posted May 20 2020 - 21:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 67650 battles
  • 7,783
  • [CLASS] CLASS
  • Member since:
    12-23-2013
The SA server has bots at tier 5 and below.  Typically 3 or 4 live players on a team.  Maybe give that a go till you get accustom to the mouse & keyboard.

dnaman #9 Posted May 20 2020 - 21:55

    Major

  • Players
  • 34294 battles
  • 2,069
  • [CRZY] CRZY
  • Member since:
    06-09-2013

View Posttod914, on May 20 2020 - 13:44, said:

The SA server has bots at tier 5 and below.  Typically 3 or 4 live players on a team.  Maybe give that a go till you get accustom to the mouse & keyboard.

This.  I take my kids there to learn aiming and such without getting wrecked quite so quickly by real players.  



bake3020 #10 Posted May 20 2020 - 22:17

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 134 battles
  • 272
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
Dude, it's just not even close.  The PC version has so many flaws and you are used to walk in the park situation.  Best wishes.

madogthefirst #11 Posted May 20 2020 - 22:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 25907 battles
  • 9,644
  • [GFLC] GFLC
  • Member since:
    12-28-2011
Sounds like you just need to hang out at low tiers till you can find your footing. Branching out to anything past tier 6 you should keep your expectation low, you not going to be a miracle worker but don't give up either. If you have bought any tier 8 premiums I would recommend only running them in Frontline for now, of course if you did that you are going to need 3-4 so you can actually play the mode. I would recommend no mods, they are usually just useless crapthat gets in the way.

TLWiz #12 Posted May 21 2020 - 18:45

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 23489 battles
  • 10,002
  • [DSSRT] DSSRT
  • Member since:
    12-26-2014
More experience and your winrate will turn around. 





Also tagged with tomato, console

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users