Shame on You, Wargaming (ISU-152K)

ISU-152K

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Poll: ISU-152K Opinion (67 members have cast votes)

Is this acceptable? (Removing a free item to sell it back at a later date.)

1. Yes. (28 votes [41.79%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 41.79%

2. No. (30 votes [44.78%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.78%

3. Other. (9 votes [13.43%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 13.43%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Avalon304 #21 Posted May 24 2020 - 00:48

Major

• Players
  • 25320 battles

View PostKing_Of_Chaos, on May 23 2020 - 15:21, said:

My point is. They took the original reason to play the ISU-152 away, only to sell it back. They forcefully took away something people could have spent money to achieve only to sell it back again. Please understand that.

Except they didnt. The whole reason to play the ISU-152 was because it had a huge 750 alpha cannon at tier 8 with good penetration. The ISU-152 still has a huge 750 alpha cannon and good penetration... so what exactly changed? The model of the gun? Thats about as irrelevant as it gets.

Thats the actual point here: the reason to play the ISU-152 hasnt changed. Its a big derpy troll gun with good penetration. Just like it has been for literal years.

Any comparisons drawn between something that money is required for (ie a car) and something that you can acquire completely for free (the ISU-152) is inherently flawed. That someone chose to spend money for the tech tree ISU (in the form of free XP conversion) is irrelevant.

This is not a violation of your consumer rights any more than any other piece of software updating and making a previously free/donationware feature pay only is. (Also its only extortion if theyre forcing you to buy the thing... so no... its not even really close to extortion).

To answer your T110E5 question (ignoring that its a tier 10, and therefore also a terrible example): is the new gun just as effective as the old gun? If it is, then Im ok with it, because my tank hasnt practically changed. Thats what matters: has the tank practically changed or are the changes only really noticed on paper. (And BTW where have you been? They've removed whole tanks from the game and sold them back to players (see also FV4202 and Lorraine 40t. Its not like this is exactly new...).

And their policy is: You own nothing and we can do whatever we want with our game. It doesnt just cover balance... it covers anything. (And BTW... thats a pretty standard policy for every online game).

King_Of_Chaos #22 Posted May 24 2020 - 04:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12143 battles

Fair enough Avalon, I guess this is just something we don't see eye to eye on then. Thanks for your respectful feedback, I really hope you continue to enjoy the game. I think I'm going to call it quits in regards to WoT.

Cheers, and thanks again for the replies. I do appreciate a different perspective on it, and I do understand your points especially in regards to the Lorraine 40t and the FV 4202, as well as you correcting my train of thought in other areas. Always love a good debate. I'm probably just biased for one reason or another, probably through my own personal attachment to the way the ISU-152 used to be. Either way, thanks again, especially for the mods and content you've created through the years. I quite enjoyed a lot of it. 

Take care man.

LED_BR #23 Posted May 24 2020 - 15:48

Private

• Players
  • 22346 battles
  • [XBLAU] XBLAU
I disagree, Avalon. Most also disagree and think this is unacceptable. What you put: "That someone chose to spend money for the tech tree ISU (in the form of free XP conversion) is irrelevant" is not true. I bought gold, spent money, and spent that gold to speed up the training of the crew, in addition to all the time invested, for something that was taken away from me and then re-offered for purchase.
What has been acquired cannot be taken away or nerfed. Want to nerf a tank? that is for the next to be acquired, those in the garage must remain unchanged ... I think that this type of attitude compromises the future of the game.
For my part, as long as the game remains that way, I will be looking for another game to have fun.

Edited by LED_BR, May 31 2020 - 00:04.

zerruela_sniper #24 Posted May 24 2020 - 16:06

Private

• -Players-
  • 24 battles
Avalon, I would like a statement from you that you have no conflict of interest in this matter.
Or do you make money in a wot store? or through wot publications or videos?

Lady_Demon #25 Posted May 25 2020 - 13:23

Private

• Players
  • 6007 battles

I agree with  Avalon304.

This is nonsense.

yall are really doing all this mess because of a tank that is having his premium clone ?  ( Hello Mr. KV-2® )

Seriouslly i love ISU-152 i dont have much many battle on it, but the few i had as so good, seeing for example that hella armored HT vk100.01 losing half of his HP and going backwards was sooo satisfying, that 750 alpha cannon still can pretty much do a deep scar in the enemy team no matter the ISU, tech tree or premium.

Just remember guys: EVERYBODY WANT ISU-152 BECAUSE OF THE MONSTER and UNIQUE 750 ALPHA AT TIER 8. most dont even understand or care about gun handlingl, just alpha.Nothing more than this.

So...why in the world i would not accept a premium tank that is the exactly (minor changes,and... dude...seriouslly.. its just 26 pen and a different gun model, ok  ? ) same version of the tech tree one that i like ?

Now i can have fun and make WAY.MORE.CREDITS.

Also, YEY first post after 8 years. gg.

Edited by Lady_Demon, May 25 2020 - 15:40.

GeorgePreddy #26 Posted May 25 2020 - 16:00

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

View PostKing_Of_Chaos, on May 24 2020 - 00:46, said:

I think I'm going to call it quits in regards to WoT.

LED_BR #27 Posted May 25 2020 - 19:56

Private

• Players
  • 22346 battles
  • [XBLAU] XBLAU

View PostLady_Demon, on May 25 2020 - 12:23, said:

I agree with  Avalon304.

This is nonsense.

yall are really doing all this mess because of a tank that is having his premium clone ?  ( Hello Mr. KV-2® )

Seriouslly i love ISU-152 i dont have much many battle on it, but the few i had as so good, seeing for example that hella armored HT vk100.01 losing half of his HP and going backwards was sooo satisfying, that 750 alpha cannon still can pretty much do a deep scar in the enemy team no matter the ISU, tech tree or premium.

Just remember guys: EVERYBODY WANT ISU-152 BECAUSE OF THE MONSTER and UNIQUE 750 ALPHA AT TIER 8. most dont even understand or care about gun handlingl, just alpha.Nothing more than this.

So...why in the world i would not accept a premium tank that is the exactly (minor changes,and... dude...seriouslly.. its just 26 pen and a different gun model, ok  ? ) same version of the tech tree one that i like ?

Now i can have fun and make WAY.MORE.CREDITS.

Also, YEY first post after 8 years. gg.

No, this is not about a tank... It is about the type of attitude, as already mentioned ...

Edited by LED_BR, May 26 2020 - 13:50.

LED_BR #28 Posted May 25 2020 - 21:10

Private

• Players
  • 22346 battles
  • [XBLAU] XBLAU

A poem about wargaming

by wdujsu b

Wargaming´s strategy, at least their main,

is bringing our wallets even more pain,

they are sure having a pretty good streak,

putting out premiums nearly every week.

The russian ones we need the most,

that are stealthy as an invisible ghost,

that are faster than a ray of light,

that can dominate in every fight.

Hope they will buff this too,

we just need a better ISU,

give it armor, give it a cup holder,

dont forget about the autoloader.

Make it fast, like the French,

give it some kind of special wrench,

that repairs the tracks in the blink of an eye,

upgrade the engine, so it also can fly.

Give it something like infinite pen,

Replace the crew with immortal men,

make the commander Stalin himself,

for every battle endless wealth.

Put it on a 279e hull,

so it can be played by the dullest of dull,

give the gold rounds a bit of a crack,

if you hit somebody - ammorack.

I Hope this will not be their last,

we desperately need more and fast,

and the germans - they surely are fine,

will they be buffed? Of course NEIN!

Is the game balanced well?

Well balance has a pleasant smell.

But everytime i open WoT,

i only smell crap and rot.

(https://youtu.be/6CFaoteFkh0)

Edited by LED_BR, May 30 2020 - 14:52.

Darkbee2Bee #29 Posted Jun 01 2020 - 20:34

Major

• Players
  • 38384 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Wait till WG adds a premium Waffentrager auf E100! :trollface:

EricOtown1 #30 Posted Jun 01 2020 - 21:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 67 battles

It’s acceptable for WG to try to sell whatever they want. If people are stupid enough to buy this tank, then that’s totally on them. I’ve looked at the specs for the ISU 152K compared to the tech tree version, the ISU 152. Some specs for each tank are the exact same, like view range, armor profile, ammo capacity, top reverse speed, health points, and fire chance. 

For the remaining specs, the tech tree ISU 152 has the advantage in 8 different areas and the 152K has the advantage with 6 specs. But I would argue that when taken as a whole, the specs where the ISU 152 has the advantage are more important, like DPM, aim time, dispersion, gun depression, gun elevation, and top speed and power to weight ratio. These two tanks are a lot a like, but all in all, I think the tech tree ISU 152 is a better tank.

So if some people are stupid enough to pay money for a tank that’s inferior to one they grind in the tech tree for free, than that’s on them. Or maybe some people just love the tech tree 152 so much that they are willing to pay their hard earned money for a slightly inferior version of it, simply because it’s a much better credit earner. That’s also their prerogative.  

In Blitz, War Gaming has a long history of releasing premium tanks that are exact duplicates or nearly exact duplicates of tech tree tanks, only with a  much better credit coefficient and maybe just few very minor changes to a few specs. Whether people buy these premium duplicates of tech tree tanks because they are too lazy to grind the tank tree version or they just want a better credit earning version of a tech tree tank, that’s their issue. 

It does bother me a little that WG releases tanks like the 152K, but I wouldn’t call it unacceptable, because ultimately WG only sells things that people are willing to buy and if there are enough suckers out there to make it worth it for WG to sell these types of premium tanks, than WG has the right to sell them. 

Personally, I wouldn’t buy these near duplicate premium tanks and I would prefer that WG sell premium tanks that are more differentiated from tech tree tanks. 

Here’s a comparison of specs for ISU 152 and 152K. Any specs not listed are the same for each tank. 

Advantages for ISU 152K:

AP Penetration 

Shell Velocity 

Gun Traverse Range 

Terrain Resistance

Tank Traverse

Radio Range

Advantages for ISU 152:

DPM
Aim Time 

Dispersion 

Dispersion While Moving & Firing

Gun Elevation 

Gun Depression

Top Forward Speed

Power to Weight Ratio 

Edited by EricOtown1, Jun 01 2020 - 21:29.

1577_1 #31 Posted Jun 01 2020 - 21:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 1652 battles
  • [RGTG2] RGTG2

View PostKing_Of_Chaos, on May 23 2020 - 19:16, said:

Sorry for the late response guys, I appreciate your feedback. It's nice to see different perspectives on this. The issue I have with it, is the principle of what they're doing. I don't mean to sound like a broken record, but it's the nerve to remove something that was once free and readily available to players, using balance as an excuse, only to sell it back for real world currency later. That's what bothers me. They may not have had bad intentions, I don't think so. Chances are, they're just so busy with the game, that they totally forgot they took the gun from the tech tree ISU in the first place. Problem is, that BL-10 was the only reason to get the ISU. It was my absolute favourite tank in the game at one point, so it upsets me greatly to see that they killed it off, only to sell it back in its original state.

Anyways, maybe my point of view is wrong, and maybe I'm just being overly sensitive to their practices. Still though, this is coming after a long line of scumby things that've been pulled on the community over the past couple of years. I just don't want to see this game die due to lack of respect for the playerbase. If they're willing to go this far, what else will they do in the future? I really love this game, but man, sometimes it's hard for me to find reasons to support it. I try not to focus on the negatives though.

Thanks again for your responses guys, I do appreciate it.      

[Chances are, they're just so busy with the game, that they totally forgot they took the gun from the tech tree ISU in the first place]

They did not forget, they simply said that the BL-10 Gun was back, which means they know they took it.

VooDooKobra #32 Posted Jun 01 2020 - 21:39

Major

• Players
  • 10312 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2
I would be on the unacceptable side if the gun on the k was much better than the tree.  but it isnt,   while the optics may not be good its not like they put a garbage gun on the tree tank

Also tagged with ISU-152K

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users