Is it possible to re-train my loader into a commander on another tank?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

3aces #1 Posted May 23 2020 - 17:27

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

I was wondering whether it is possible to re-train a loader (or basically any other role) into a commander? I know it used to be possible within a Nation but it seems that Wargaming has taken that away as the change button is not available now. 

The reason why I want to do this is because I have a 3 skill (Rudy) loader on my Polish line and I have finally reached tier 6 on the Polish line and want a commander of my 40TP (tier 6) tank to have six sense ? 

Any ideas about this ? Or why Wargaming would take this away?

WhineMaker #2 Posted May 23 2020 - 17:29

Major

• Players
  • 42716 battles
  • [WHAAA] WHAAA

Yup, as long as it's not a "0" skill BIA crew member...

It costs 500 gold to do so...

Right below the crew position designation is a "change" button...

Trailer_Trashed #3 Posted May 23 2020 - 17:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6769 battles

View Post3aces, on May 23 2020 - 08:27, said:

I was wondering whether it is possible to re-train a loader (or basically any other role) into a commander? I know it used to be possible within a Nation but it seems that Wargaming has taken that away as the change button is not available now. 

The reason why I want to do this is because I have a 3 skill (Rudy) loader on my Polish line and I have finally reached tier 6 on the Polish line and want a commander of my 40TP (tier 6) tank to have six sense ? 

Any ideas about this ? Or why Wargaming would take this away?

If you do not have 500 gold or your gold is locked with a mod, the option will be grayed out and not available.

3aces #4 Posted May 23 2020 - 17:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

View PostTrailer_Trashed, on May 23 2020 - 11:31, said:

If you do not have 500 gold or your gold is locked with a mod, the option will be grayed out and not available.

I think it is a zero skill crew member. I have lots of gold so that should not be a problem. I do not run any mods as its a big hassle everytime wargaming does their patches. 

I had reset my skills for 20,000 credits but it is still blanked out. 

Why would wargaming restrict zero skill crew members from being retrained to commanders of other tanks? Is this their way of "rewarding" people for buying premium tanks? If they start "rewarding" players like this, there is less incentive to support this game.This was possible a couple patches ago. 

Mr_G0NE #5 Posted May 23 2020 - 18:13

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29553 battles

Whinemaker is wrong.  You can requalify a zero skill crewmember as long as it isn't a "dedicated commander" like the Santa's or the reward commanders from Chaffee racing.

Of further note, rarely WG will discount requalification.  And by rarely, I mean WG has discounted this 3 times in 3 years.  The first time was a 50% discount, the last 2 have been 25% discounts.

Edited by Mr_G0NE, May 23 2020 - 18:16.

3aces #6 Posted May 23 2020 - 18:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

View PostMr_G0NE, on May 23 2020 - 12:13, said:

Whinemaker is wrong.  You can requalify a zero skill crewmember as long as it isn't a "dedicated commander" like the Santa's or the reward commanders from Chaffee racing.

Of further note, rarely WG will discount requalification.  And by rarely, I mean WG has discounted this 3 times in 3 years.  The first time was a 50% discount, the last 2 have been 25% discounts.

Strange that this re-training does not work then, because it is one of those zero skill BIA crew members. I just found out that the Rudy's had both Russian and Polish crew members so I started training the Polish crew members because i thought i should try out the Polish tank line. 

I think i did it before like a few months ago but now it does not seem to work. I am not worried about the discount for re-training as it comes up very rarely. 

3aces #7 Posted May 23 2020 - 18:32

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles
It just occurred to me when I wrote the last posting that i should try the Russian Rudy crew and it is possible to re-train Russian Rudy crew members to another role for 500 gold. The button is available to be clicked for Russian Rudy crews zero skill BIA so I wonder whether it is just  Polish crews that are limited? I wonder why they would single out only Polish crews cannot be retrained to other roles? 

Trailer_Trashed #8 Posted May 23 2020 - 18:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6769 battles

View Post3aces, on May 23 2020 - 08:45, said:

I think it is a zero skill crew member. I have lots of gold so that should not be a problem. I do not run any mods as its a big hassle everytime wargaming does their patches. 

Why would wargaming restrict zero skill crew members from being retrained to commanders of other tanks? Is this their way of "rewarding" people for buying premium tanks? If they start "rewarding" players like this, there is less incentive to support this game.This was possible a couple patches ago. 

You can change zero skill crew members.  As Mr_Gone said, some "special" commanders can not be changed, but almost every crew member can be changed.  Do you have a screen shot?

ThePigSheFlies #9 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

View Post3aces, on May 23 2020 - 11:45, said:

until this past year, the "zero skill" crew members could indeed be retrained to other positions.  There was one set of 4 zero skill crew members that were progression rewards for one marathon or another recently that were locked.  that is you earned a commander recruit-able to any nation, and then a gunner, and then a driver, and then a loader.  (I don't remember the exact order)

but they were locked into that position from the start, which is why they cannot be retrained to a new position.  I think I have one of the 4 still in my barracks, but don't recall off hand which position it was.

I'm betting it you check any other crew member but those 4, that it can be retrained/respecced for another crew position.

MGFranks #10 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:06

Major

• Players
  • 29189 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
My guess is that since the Rudy crew is "2-nation" that it is flagged so that it cannot be requalified. That crew is, and is going to stay, unique.

3aces #11 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles
Strange that I have 

View PostMGFranks, on May 23 2020 - 13:06, said:

My guess is that since the Rudy crew is "2-nation" that it is flagged so that it cannot be requalified. That crew is, and is going to stay, unique.

I have the tank (Rudy) set to Poland and has been set that way for many months. I have not switched it back and forth. I can re-train Russian Rudy crew members (the button is available) but not Polish Rudy members for some reason. 

FrozenKemp #12 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:22

Major

• Players
  • 56438 battles
Doesn't the Rudy use different crew for Poland and Russia?

3aces #13 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:33

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

View PostTrailer_Trashed, on May 23 2020 - 12:34, said:

You can change zero skill crew members.  As Mr_Gone said, some "special" commanders can not be changed, but almost every crew member can be changed.  Do you have a screen shot?

For some reason I cannot put a screenshot into this reply. I can see it as I pasted it into a document but it does not show up on this message when i try to do cntrl + v

The button is not available to be clicked when I try to change it. My nation for the Rudy is set to Poland and I have had it on Poland for the last 6 months and have not switched it back and forth. 

3aces #14 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

View PostFrozenKemp, on May 23 2020 - 13:22, said:

Doesn't the Rudy use different crew for Poland and Russia?

Yes, I think you have two different zero skill BIA crews. The Russian one I can retrain the loader to be a commander but the Polish one I cannot. I have had the Rudy set to Poland for the last 6 months and have not switched it back and forth. 

Mr_G0NE #15 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29553 battles
Have you tried resetting the crewmember both in the tank and in the barracks?

Edited by Mr_G0NE, May 23 2020 - 20:48.

3aces #16 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34150 battles

One other thing is that I just discovered that there was a Polish Rudy Tank around 6 months ago and before that I had only used the Russian Rudy tank and Russian crew for years.

One day, I around 6 months ago I was looking in my Barracks and discovered that I had a  Polish Rudy zero skill BIA crew and then decided to start playing the Polish line. Since then, i have not switched my Rudy tank back to Russian, it has been exclusively Polish.

ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 23 2020 - 13:06, said:

until this past year, the "zero skill" crew members could indeed be retrained to other positions.  There was one set of 4 zero skill crew members that were progression rewards for one marathon or another recently that were locked.  that is you earned a commander recruit-able to any nation, and then a gunner, and then a driver, and then a loader.  (I don't remember the exact order)

but they were locked into that position from the start, which is why they cannot be retrained to a new position.  I think I have one of the 4 still in my barracks, but don't recall off hand which position it was.

I'm betting it you check any other crew member but those 4, that it can be retrained/respecced for another crew position.

since nobody else can read I guess I'll quote myself...

Mr_G0NE #18 Posted May 23 2020 - 19:55

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29553 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 23 2020 - 19:51, said:

since nobody else can read I guess I'll quote myself...

Once you assign that reward crew to a tank, all of them can be requalified.  I know because I did a thread on it 3 days ago.

http://forum.worldof...nt-reward-crew/

ThePigSheFlies #19 Posted May 23 2020 - 20:53

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

View PostMr_G0NE, on May 23 2020 - 13:55, said:

Once you assign that reward crew to a tank, all of them can be requalified.  I know because I did a thread on it 3 days ago.

http://forum.worldof...nt-reward-crew/

your thread is about crews from tank rewards - for some reason I was thinking it was a crew from a different marathon that was locked to their qualification. 

dunno, I thought I had left one in the barracks, and either it expired, or I used it somewhere and forgot where.

Mr_G0NE #20 Posted May 23 2020 - 21:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29553 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on May 23 2020 - 20:53, said:

your thread is about crews from tank rewards - for some reason I was thinking it was a crew from a different marathon that was locked to their qualification. 

dunno, I thought I had left one in the barracks, and either it expired, or I used it somewhere and forgot where.

Actually Jingles... er Pig

The first two paragraphs of my message in that thread say quite clearly that after assigning the recruits from the Chinese New Year marathon (which were slot specific) to a tank, the requalify button became available.

It was only after making this discovery that I did a crawl through all my zero skill crewmembers to see which ones might be requalifiable (is that even a word?) and found the anomaly with the 2 female crew with zero skill 6th sense.

So, yeah, reading comprehension...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users