Spin off game

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

Tedsc #1 Posted May 23 2020 - 17:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 51755 battles

World of tanks has a lot to like.  I have enjoyed the mechanics and premise of this game for years and since 1.0 really enjoy the graphics too.  I was originally drawn to WoT in 2015 because the short duration battles and the notion that it was random meant even though I played with other people I didn't have to be social.

Like so many other who play games I am an introvert and play games to get away from social interaction.  While I want PvP, I prefer the tier 5 SA WoT model of PvP 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or tops 3 on 3 with bots.  Ratios where I still feel like my actions make a difference and player chat is rare and certainly not toxic.  The SA WoT model is better too because it tends to be single tier, the only wheeled vehicle in the bot battles is not overpowered, arty is at a ratio where it adds an element of differentiation not frustration, and the bots seem to use premium ammo appropriately.

Having said that up to tier 5 on SA server now is increasingly polluted with people.  Going back to last fall about the only thing that has kept me playing this game is the ability to login to SA server first and have an hour or 2 of fun before switching to USC central server to grind progression until I cannot take any more and log out for the day.

As SA server has become more and more polluted with people I started browsing for WoT alternatives to spend my free time.  I know that the things I dislike about the game are core to the game so it probably is time for me to move on.  But having said that if you were ever to take those mechanics and graphics and progressions and put it into a PvP game that is 1-3 humans per team per battle in single tier battles that sometimes include an arty then I want to know!  Not only would I come back in a heartbeat but I suspect a lot of people that turn to games do so because they don't like social interaction.  Those are the same people that cannot find a long term game to spend their time and money on.

Waarheid #2 Posted May 23 2020 - 20:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 19754 battles
Ummmm....you prever bots to people? Perhaps you need a single-player game. 

Tedsc #3 Posted May 27 2020 - 18:03

Captain

• -Players-
  • 51755 battles

View PostWaarheid, on May 23 2020 - 20:40, said:

Ummmm....you prever bots to people? Perhaps you need a single-player game. 

That is exactley what I am asking for single player PVP.  Most First person shooter single player games are the same old crap.  They are literally ALL the same.  I am tired of having my fate tied to 14 other people.  I grew up in the 80s as a stereotypical latchkey kid.  I prefer my social interaction to be with family and close friends.  I do EVERYTHING I can to limit social interaction with people I barely know, I have money to spend and time to play.   The thing is WG has an excellent game for this crowed!  Instead of the same sorry soldier with guns hopping around like Halo or Frontline or CSgo or all the other carbon copy FPS games that are EXACTLY the same, WoT would be unique!  I am not saying they should stop what they have going, just make a different mode or something for those of us that like the idea of single player (against other players or some combination of players and bots but for god sake no human teammates) for themselves.

Besides what is wrong with bots as long as their is another human you are fighting against?  Who uses their bots more effectively.  Bots are predictable and most battle son the SA server come down to who leverages the very predictable behavior of their bots more effectively.  When I beat the other guy though (and his bots) I still beat the other guy.  I just didn't have to depend on a bunch of others who may be good or may not.

AZandEL #4 Posted May 30 2020 - 22:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32108 battles

View PostTedsc, on May 23 2020 - 16:33, said:

World of tanks has a lot to like.  I have enjoyed the mechanics and premise of this game for years and since 1.0 really enjoy the graphics too.  I was originally drawn to WoT in 2015 because the short duration battles and the notion that it was random meant even though I played with other people I didn't have to be social.

Like so many other who play games I am an introvert and play games to get away from social interaction.  While I want PvP, I prefer the tier 5 SA WoT model of PvP 1 on 1, 2 on 2 or tops 3 on 3 with bots.  Ratios where I still feel like my actions make a difference and player chat is rare and certainly not toxic.  The SA WoT model is better too because it tends to be single tier, the only wheeled vehicle in the bot battles is not overpowered, arty is at a ratio where it adds an element of differentiation not frustration, and the bots seem to use premium ammo appropriately.

Having said that up to tier 5 on SA server now is increasingly polluted with people.  Going back to last fall about the only thing that has kept me playing this game is the ability to login to SA server first and have an hour or 2 of fun before switching to USC central server to grind progression until I cannot take any more and log out for the day.

As SA server has become more and more polluted with people I started browsing for WoT alternatives to spend my free time.  I know that the things I dislike about the game are core to the game so it probably is time for me to move on.  But having said that if you were ever to take those mechanics and graphics and progressions and put it into a PvP game that is 1-3 humans per team per battle in single tier battles that sometimes include an arty then I want to know!  Not only would I come back in a heartbeat but I suspect a lot of people that turn to games do so because they don't like social interaction.  Those are the same people that cannot find a long term game to spend their time and money on.

Pretty sure that most gaming companies prefer to have more players rather than less. If they wanted to add something it would be a PVE game mode and/or a "very large" map mode (2000x2000) that only has 15-20 tanks per side and where games could average 10 minutes instead of 2.

tanopasman62 #5 Posted May 30 2020 - 23:19

Major

• -Players-
  • 23158 battles
  • [_ADP_] _ADP_

Well, if you don't like talking to others you might as well disable chat, like 99% of the time it isn't anything battle relevant anyway.

Tier 2 and 3 games on SA tend to be a single human on each team as well, at any rate, a permament PVE mode would be nice for those days infested with bad teams.

_Kradok_ #6 Posted May 31 2020 - 00:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 35325 battles
Just bring back proving ground and monitor how popular it is... Open it up to tier 3 and below.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users