* - - - - 1 votes

Remove Arty?

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty. Take it or leave it. (87 members have cast votes)

Do you like having Arty in your battles

1. Yes (50 votes [57.47%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.47%

2. No (37 votes [42.53%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.53%

Would you like an option to play battles without Arty?

1. Yes (39 votes [44.32%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.32%

2. No (49 votes [55.68%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

Modikat #1 Posted May 30 2020 - 06:21

Private

• Players
  • 14946 battles
Not everybody hates arty, however when I ask chat about arty I find a majority hate arty. Now we know WoT will not remove arty from the game. It has been there from the beginning. Some people actually enjoy playing arty. Instead I think WoT should add an option which is similar to the removing maps option. WoT should give us an option where we can choose to join battles where arty is not available to play. Please respond with your opinions.

tod914 #2 Posted May 30 2020 - 06:29

Major

• Players
  • 67947 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS
Make the SA server an arty free server.  See where the bulk of the pop goes then.

RealBattousai #3 Posted May 30 2020 - 07:15

Captain

• Players
  • 49333 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL
WG now refuses to even fix the three arty per match issue, as per the Asia region Q&A, despite talking about it for months. They said they would work on balance so you got 1 per side, now its some nonsense that well if you did that you would have arty every match or more matches...three arty per side is unplayable, WG doesn't care to fix it, so good luck with your efforts here, it falls on deaf ears with WG.

VooDooKobra #4 Posted May 30 2020 - 07:20

Major

• Players
  • 10318 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostModikat, on May 29 2020 - 22:21, said:

Not everybody hates arty, however when I ask chat about arty I find a majority hate arty. Now we know WoT will not remove arty from the game. It has been there from the beginning. Some people actually enjoy playing arty. Instead I think WoT should add an option which is similar to the removing maps option. WoT should give us an option where we can choose to join battles where arty is not available to play. Please respond with your opinions.

why do people think WG is going to give the playerbase the power to effect how many battles players who are playing arty will see and the length of their queue. 

View PostRealBattousai, on May 29 2020 - 23:15, said:

WG now refuses to even fix the three arty per match issue, as per the Asia region Q&A, despite talking about it for months. They said they would work on balance so you got 1 per side, now its some nonsense that well if you did that you would have arty every match or more matches...three arty per side is unplayable, WG doesn't care to fix it, so good luck with your efforts here, it falls on deaf ears with WG.

can you link where they said ther want to go to 1 arty per battle?  3 arty per side while annoying some times is not really an issue.  i would prefer 2 but it is what it is.  btw by saying falls on deaf ears you mean doesnt obey your commands and do what you want?

RealBattousai #5 Posted May 30 2020 - 08:06

Captain

• Players
  • 49333 battles
  • [INVIL] INVIL

View PostVooDooKobra, on May 30 2020 - 01:20, said:

why do people think WG is going to give the playerbase the power to effect how many battles players who are playing arty will see and the length of their queue. 

can you link where they said ther want to go to 1 arty per battle?  3 arty per side while annoying some times is not really an issue.  i would prefer 2 but it is what it is.  btw by saying falls on deaf ears you mean doesnt obey your commands and do what you want?

It was in one of their roadmap discussions, not sure if they said 1 or 2, but they were going to look at the three arty per side issue 'later'... well now its never.

Now if you want to be condescending, I can be condescending right back... first off its not my 'command' but something the community has been asking for ages, otherwise why is it even coming up in a Q&A session half way around the world for the Asia region... you can read it here...

https://thearmoredpa...-qa-transcript/

Second... you don't even have 100 games in tier 10, where this has the most impact on games, and frankly are bad at the game, so you are in no way qualified to even make a comment on whether three arty per side "is not really an issue".

I have nothing further to say to you. Have a good day.

VooDooKobra #6 Posted May 30 2020 - 08:28

Major

• Players
  • 10318 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostRealBattousai, on May 30 2020 - 00:06, said:

It was in one of their roadmap discussions, not sure if they said 1 or 2, but they were going to look at the three arty per side issue 'later'... well now its never.

Now if you want to be condescending, I can be condescending right back... first off its not my 'command' but something the community has been asking for ages, otherwise why is it even coming up in a Q&A session half way around the world for the Asia region... you can read it here...

https://thearmoredpa...-qa-transcript/

Second... you don't even have 100 games in tier 10, where this has the most impact on games, and frankly are bad at the game, so you are in no way qualified to even make a comment on whether three arty per side "is not really an issue".

I have nothing further to say to you. Have a good day.

yep because i made the decision i wasnt ready for tier 10, but guess what other tiers have 3 arty games as well.  so really any tier that has then has a valid opinion of them.  and really i do not feel i was being condescending in that people usually when they complain about WG not listening to about arty really means that WG doesnt listen to them.  what gets forgotten is that not everyone feels the way you do and there is no way for a company to do everything everybody wants when the playerbase is divided.   like it or not players play arty and they have just as much right to play what they want as you do, going down to 1 would serve to increase their queue times which is not what WG would want to do. 

stalkervision #7 Posted May 30 2020 - 08:36

Major

• Players
  • 77059 battles
We already have a option to play without arty. Go there. 

Ironbutt2015 #8 Posted May 30 2020 - 13:31

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17930 battles

Arty is not a problem, believe it adds to the gameplay.

If anything make clown cars have the same physics and aiming ability as other tanks otherwise remove them.

stevezaxx #9 Posted May 30 2020 - 14:06

Captain

• Players
  • 42039 battles
  • [COD] COD

Every battle you _lose_ with 3 arty against you, 15 players WIN with 3 arty against them!

I guess it IS "playable"

Winterpeger #10 Posted May 30 2020 - 15:16

Major

• Players
  • 54802 battles
  • [DD-S] DD-S
Guess the poll is not working out the way OP has hoped.  :teethhappy:

Colonel_Coyote #11 Posted May 30 2020 - 19:12

Private

• -Players-
  • 15013 battles
  • [WC-SA] WC-SA

Reality: Artillery is a part of battle.  The Russians use a lot of artillery, and I mean a lot of artillery.  The is Corps Arty (the big boys), Division Arty, And a dedicated Arty unit to the Battalion level.  Arty does damage, more than in the game. Arty fires are coordinated and rounds are directed by the forward observer who adjust fires onto the target, Walking them in until the rounds are on target and then giving the "fire for effect" where the other 2 guns in the sector will join in. 

What we do for our team (and the enemy complains about): Arty assist the front line troops by engaging the enemy they have spotted.  Our involvement is usually limited to engaging the enemy they have spotted who is ducking back behind cover and causing damage to them.  Our side often does not know we have helped a particular player out as it goes unseen.  I find it amusing that we will often see hate Arty chatter in Chat at the beginning of the game and then later get HELP ARTY! HELP! Do Something ARTY!.   (we are, it is called reloading or waiting for someone to spot the target, we can't shoot what we can't see.) And sometimes when the anti-arty chat has been very nasty, we are busy firing any other target we can for other players or filing our nails.).  Karma is a b.

Kills are rarer for ARTY especially since they have already nerfed or accuracy (lucky the round lands in the same map) and the power of the round. A 240 pound round (8 inch arty) does a lot of damage to the crew hitting near the tank and often does not help the tank.  Talk about compressed time, I blow the track off a tank and it is fixed in 1 to 5 seconds.  Anyone who has broken track knows it is a hard, physical labor job that takes at least 20 minutes (love to see that crew) and usually closer to an hour.  

Our Limitations:  Long Reloads: Our reload times are, unlike all the other WoT tanks, very close to real time in a world that operates in compressed time. Same for the front line tanks killing the target I have marked as having a round on the way. The T92 real world reload was 1 round a minute my in-game reload for the same weapon is 40.2 seconds.  This is only 20 seconds off real life.  Reload speeds of the non-arty tank are have been reduced more than that off of there real world examples.

COST.  Ammo is 1,120 to 8,000 credits for tier VII and above  with most in the 2,000 range or above.  Even in the non-tier X games I often loose credits even on a win. OUCH. 

Time of Flight  We have long reload times and long time of flight times.  If I shoot a target I have to aim for where it will be in 3 to 5 seconds from when I pull the trigger.   

No Coordination of fires.  I will spend 10 seconds waiting for the target circle to be as small as it can be so I have a chance to see the round on the map when it hits only to have another arty shoot the target and our two rounds arrive within one to 3 seconds of each other, with mine hitting a dead tank.  In life we would have two or three guns shooting a single target.  Sometimes only one, but they are coordinated.  We in life would know where the spotter was and where our guns are in relation to the target.  I do not know if my rounds are going to come in over the rock I see in the observers view (targeting view) or from the side where I can clobber him good.).The maps, particularly the small ones, force us to be way closer to the battle than we would be. 1/3 of our range is ideally behind our lines so we can engage any enemy that gets behind them.   T

Range The M43 8" Howitzer fired a 240lb shell out to a range of 10.5 miles.  The T92 Lobed a 240mm 360lb HE shell 25,225 yards or 14 miles. Our ranges are limited far beyond the adjustments made for other weapons systems. 

Ammo Load. Our ammunition is very limited.  Where is our ammo carrier vehicle (tracked) that accompanied the M43?  Cammo, I have been in a military helicopter  hovering directly over the coordinates of an Arty Battery in Fort Bliss Texas (desert) , but no Arty Battery was there, as least not that anyone in the Chopper could see. Calls on the radio said they were directly below us. Finally they sent someone out from under the camouflage to waive at us. He appeared out of thin air.

Edit - my apologies for the very long blank space. I had no idea it was there. I suspect it got there when I moved my keyboard to do some moneymaking.  So again I apologize for the long post.

Edited by Colonel_Coyote, Jun 01 2020 - 01:19.

Brownie #12 Posted May 31 2020 - 04:14

First lieutenant

• Beta Testers
  • 19423 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA
people actually want arty ingame...send them to gulag 

_Rudedog #13 Posted May 31 2020 - 04:23

Captain

• Players
  • 38753 battles
  • [RS] RS

View Posttod914, on May 29 2020 - 23:29, said:

Make the SA server an arty free server.  See where the bulk of the pop goes then.

You are correct sir.

MagillaGuerilla #14 Posted May 31 2020 - 11:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 26141 battles
This is an arty game with tanks as targets. The only choice is to play something else.

HeavyMetalSix #15 Posted May 31 2020 - 18:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58293 battles
I want russian tanks removed from the game or an option to not play against them even when I play them.  I might be willing to fight tanks parked in a depot that do not have crews and are unarmed but only if I can pause the battle if my feels are hurt and a GM is on call to give me a hug in a safe space 

Edited by HeavyMetalSix, May 31 2020 - 18:23.

HeavyMetalSix #16 Posted May 31 2020 - 18:23

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 58293 battles

View PostColonel_Coyote, on May 30 2020 - 18:12, said:

Reality: Artillery is a part of battle.  The Russians use a lot of artillery, and I mean a lot of artillery.  The is Corps Arty (the big boys), Division Arty, And a dedicated Arty unit to the Battalion level.  Arty does damage, more than in the game. Arty fires are coordinated and rounds are directed by the forward observer who adjust fires onto the target, Walking them in until the rounds are on target and then giving the "fire for effect" where the other 2 guns in the sector will join in. 

What we do for our team (and the enemy complains about): Arty assist the front line troops by engaging the enemy they have spotted.  Our involvement is usually limited to engaging the enemy they have spotted who is ducking back behind cover and causing damage to them.  Our side often does not know we have helped a particular player out as it goes unseen.  I find it amusing that we will often see hate Arty chatter in Chat at the beginning of the game and then later get HELP ARTY! HELP! Do Something ARTY!.   (we are, it is called reloading or waiting for someone to spot the target, we can't shoot what we can't see.) And sometimes when the anti-arty chat has been very nasty, we are busy firing any other target we can for other players or filing our nails.).  Karma is a b.

Kills are rarer for ARTY especially since they have already nerfed or accuracy (lucky the round lands in the same map) and the power of the round. A 240 pound round (8 inch arty) does a lot of damage to the crew hitting near the tank and often does not help the tank.  Talk about compressed time, I blow the track off a tank and it is fixed in 1 to 5 seconds.  Anyone who has broken track knows it is a hard, physical labor job that takes at least 20 minutes (love to see that crew) and usually closer to an hour.  

Our Limitations:  Long Reloads: Our reload times are, unlike all the other WoT tanks, very close to real time in a world that operates in compressed time. Same for the front line tanks killing the target I have marked as having a round on the way. The T92 real world reload was 1 round a minute my in-game reload for the same weapon is 40.2 seconds.  This is only 20 seconds off real life.  Reload speeds of the non-arty tank are have been reduced more than that off of there real world examples.

COST.  Ammo is 1,120 to 8,000 credits for tier VII and above  with most in the 2,000 range or above.  Even in the non-tier X games I often loose credits even on a win. OUCH. 

Time of Flight  We have long reload times and long time of flight times.  If I shoot a target I have to aim for where it will be in 3 to 5 seconds from when I pull the trigger.   

No Coordination of fires.  I will spend 10 seconds waiting for the target circle to be as small as it can be so I have a chance to see the round on the map when it hits only to have another arty shoot the target and our two rounds arrive within one to 3 seconds of each other, with mine hitting a dead tank.  In life we would have two or three guns shooting a single target.  Sometimes only one, but they are coordinated.  We in life would know where the spotter was and where our guns are in relation to the target.  I do not know if my rounds are going to come in over the rock I see in the observers view (targeting view) or from the side where I can clobber him good.).The maps, particularly the small ones, force us to be way closer to the battle than we would be. 1/3 of our range is ideally behind our lines so we can engage any enemy that gets behind them.   T

Range The M43 8" Howitzer fired a 240lb shell out to a range of 10.5 miles.  The T92 Lobed a 240mm 360lb HE shell 25,225 yards or 14 miles. Our ranges are limited far beyond the adjustments made for other weapons systems. 

Ammo Load. Our ammunition is very limited.  Where is our ammo carrier vehicle (tracked) that accompanied the M43?  Cammo, I have been in a military helicopter  hovering directly over the coordinates of an Arty Battery in Fort Bliss Texas (desert) , but no Arty Battery was there, as least not that anyone in the Chopper could see. Calls on the radio said they were directly below us. Finally they sent someone out from under the camouflage to waive at us. He appeared out of thin air.

where's the ability to neg vote this kind of REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE spacing?

Mythbuster24_46 #17 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 16:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12195 battles
  • [_WOO_] _WOO_
There's a simple solution to this and I've gotten many positive feedback for this suggestion: Limit artillery to ONE PER GAME. 

VooDooKobra #18 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 20:26

Major

• Players
  • 10318 battles
  • [W-UN2] W-UN2

View PostMythbuster24_46, on Jun 08 2020 - 08:45, said:

There's a simple solution to this and I've gotten many positive feedback for this suggestion: Limit artillery to ONE PER GAME. 

have you looked at your own thread? the no side to your limit arty to 1 is winning.  which means there are many more positive feedback to not limit it to one.  looks like people think 2 would be an acceptable number after reading posts in your thread

Edited by VooDooKobra, Jun 08 2020 - 20:27.

Whistling_Death_ #19 Posted Jun 10 2020 - 20:50

Major

• -Players-
  • 69622 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Stop flooding the Forum with this artillery-whining garbage!

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! There should be a limit of one tank per battle! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr mommmyyy!!!

Whistling_Death_ #20 Posted Jun 10 2020 - 20:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 69622 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostMythbuster24_46, on Jun 08 2020 - 10:45, said:

Oh really?

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! There should be a limit of one tank per battle! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr mommmyyy!!!”

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users