* * * - - 8 votes

Remove Arty?

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

Poll: Arty. Take it or leave it. (194 members have cast votes)

Do you like having Arty in your battles

1. Yes (109 votes [55.90%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 55.90%

2. No (86 votes [44.10%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 44.10%

Would you like an option to play battles without Arty?

1. Yes (96 votes [49.23%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 49.23%

2. No (99 votes [50.77%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 50.77%

Vote Guests cannot vote Hide poll

____Panda____ #61 Posted Feb 22 2021 - 22:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 15411 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Jun 10 2020 - 20:51, said:

Oh really?

Every battle, without fail, my artillery is outnumbered by 12-14 tanks! It's not faiiirrrrrr! Tanks are broken and need to be removed from the game! There should be a limit of one tank per battle! I'm telling mommy Wargaming! It's not faiiiirrrrrrr mommmyyy!!!”

I know this is old but I really needed to respond because your thinking analysis is comparable to an ape. 
Yeah arty is 250% worse than actual brain requiring tanks, well, no tank can hit you indirectly, stun you, and kill 2 crew members on average with each shot. Indirect fire SHOULD NOT be a whole class. It should be a consumable like in the Clan Wars if anything. And yet, there are players with thousands, and thousands, and thousands of artillery games, not even playing it to do the missions, just playing it to annoy people. I mean just look at the facts, artillery has by far the lowest skill cap of any of the vehicles in the game, lower than anything by far. How is it fair that someone 1km away can hit me for 600 and stun me? (It's not).

Altwar #62 Posted Feb 22 2021 - 23:28

Major

• Players
  • 62528 battles
  • [-GNR-] -GNR-

View Post____Panda____, on Feb 22 2021 - 13:52, said:

I know this is old but I really needed to respond because your thinking analysis is comparable to an ape. 

Provide a link that shows the thinking analysis of an ape.  Please comment to your studies familiarity with that as well.

Yeah arty is 250% worse than actual brain requiring tanks, well, no tank can hit you indirectly, stun you, and kill 2 crew members on average with each shot.

Please show your documented study that details 2 crew members being killed on average.  Even excluding my SPG battle count, my battle numbers far exceed yours and in that experience, it is a rarity to lose 2 crew members in a shot.  I can recall one instance this year so far where I've lost 2 members even though I've been hit numerous times, and losing even 1 member is pretty uncommon.

And yet, there are players with thousands, and thousands, and thousands of artillery games, not even playing it to do the missions, just playing it to annoy people.

You have no way to back up this claim on your part.   But I will tell you that when I play an SPG, it's one choice of 5 classes and I play ALL classes.   Not to "annoy people", but to play the complete variety of mid 20th-century combat vehicles that Wargaming has provided in this game.

Artillery has by far the lowest skill cap of any of the vehicles in the game, lower than anything by far. How is it fair that someone 1km away can hit me for 600 and stun me? (It's not).

You go into this game with 15k games of experience.  SPGs are not a new mechanic to the game.  Perhaps you can improve on your ability to use the tools of cover, concealment, and maneuverability to mitigate the impact of an SPG that can fire maybe twice in minute and be 600 meters away.  Well for those that actually have that range.  A number of them do not but they can sometimes use some form of intelligence to move close enough to hit you, especially if you remain in the same location 30 seconds later.  ;)

SKurj #63 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 14:47

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16862 battles
  • [FEELZ] FEELZ
funny seeing this thread... and you see the same person 2 years ago saying the game is unplayable with 3 arty, have over 50,000 games played and still play.

cavalry11 #64 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 15:16

Captain

• Players
  • 57991 battles
Yes we know arty are not tanks neither are wheeled vehicles or TDs so that is a stupid argument. No arty is not more effective in this game than in real life. People need to know more about a subject before making fools of themselves.

wildcat18 #65 Posted Feb 23 2021 - 16:18

Captain

• Players
  • 15542 battles
Arty for the win.....A good arty player can carry a team just like a good medium player can carry a team. Why remove that?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users