• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

LeaveIT2Beaver #1 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 13:09

Major

• Players
  • 42649 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

(Sorry for the length)

Dear 400 (1000, 1500, 1600, 50, 100) game player in the premium tank sitting in the back of the map (at the base, red line, sitting with arty, in the back corner, etc...),

I was you.  I hated the tier one, two, and three tanks. I despised not being able to even move because of players with thousands of games swarming me before I could even figure out how to get from point A to point B.  I did not like the constant "noob" remarks and trash talk that came across the chats. I did not even know that you could hit a red tank by aiming in the red outline. I thought you had to SEE the other tank to hit it. I was totally lost on the point of the game. I thought it was all 'pew-pew' ( a first-person shooter game).
So, I bought a Lowe shortly after I opened my account at about 400 games. I ran it with no equipment and an 80 percent crew. I had no clue what equipment did, and was clueless about crew skills.
Yes,  I was totally clueless - but by gawd I had a Mastercard and I was in a BIG TANK that went *boom*. 

My standard reply to anyone who even tried to give me criticisms even constructive criticism -"Don't tell me how to play my game. You go play yours..."

I sat in the back of the map and waited for someone to come by. I ignored the rabid cursing venom that was spewed at me by other players, and the constant pinging mappings on me telling me to "***** move" and to "uninstall".
I operated this way for over 12,000 games and had a win rate of about 44%. But, I was the pew-pew king and I had a lot of premium tanks. I joined clans that would take me just to chat on TeamSpeak. I used every legal mod known to man to show how much I knew about the game - surely they would make me a great player...right?

Then one day, I actually watched a YouTube video about a T-44-100 player having a perfect (15 frags) game. A massive light bulb went off. There was more to the game than pew-pew!  He used every trick in the book(that I never considered) to win that perfect game!
I watched videos on how to aim, how to blind fire, how to move with the flow of battle, how to watch the map and spot targets and opportunities, how to side scrape, weak spots on tanks, ammo choice, and more. (I even learned how to go in the water and come out behind someone and take them out!)

I wish I had done this starting out. I probably would have been a better player and enjoyed the game more. OK, you have the prem- now go watch videos and learn what the game is about - strategy, teamwork, learning to progress in gaming skills. and above all, fun!   

I hope this helps someone think. See you on the maps!   (and fricking MOVE noob!:trollface:  

GWyatt #2 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 13:16

Captain

• Players
  • 6000 battles
  • [VAN] VAN
Nice essay, thanks.

oldguy70 #3 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 14:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 24424 battles
  • [DHO] DHO

OP  +1   excellent post

Yojimbo50 #4 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 15:56

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33023 battles
  • [B-T-G] B-T-G
So I wasn't the only dummy who played this game for a year and a half not knowing about repair and first aid kits, and not knowing what I was in was a stock tank and there were upgrades to get. And I'm still trying to get out of the toilet with my stats because of the big hole I dug.  Live and learn

rawdawg13 #5 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 17:08

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9848 battles
  • [-TFF-] -TFF-
+1  im with you bro :)

LeaveIT2Beaver #6 Posted Jun 04 2020 - 17:15

Major

• Players
  • 42649 battles
  • [ZAYIN] ZAYIN

View PostYojimbo50, on Jun 04 2020 - 09:56, said:

So I wasn't the only dummy who played this game for a year and a half not knowing about repair and first aid kits, and not knowing what I was in was a stock tank and there were upgrades to get. And I'm still trying to get out of the toilet with my stats because of the big hole I dug.  Live and learn

No sir, I set the Gold Standard for being totally unaware!!      I have come to realize that I am a 47-50% player at best. But HEY!  I will take it! :teethhappy:

Also tagged with noobs

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users