Suggest playing with the "Stupid Team" for real MONEY !

money clans events rewards competition

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

Jasper_Seven #1 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 06:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28175 battles

One of the growing attempts at games appears to be a push towards team play and/or playing with your friends.

One of the most popular comments in Random Matches seems to be "Stupid Team",  "morons" and variations on that theme.

Now I don't happen to have the time or desire to be in a clan right now, and I don't follow all the events and options.  But, if you want to peak some player interest, how about a season of clan ranked battles, where clans that make it to the finals get some badge or stick to acknowledge this, maybe more so if they played in the first round of finals.  But, the top three clans, and their players who played in the last deciding games get REAL MONEY !

Additionally,  ALL players get to do a fantasy football type selection, with in game prizes and trinkets and benefits like any other event.

I'm sure there's some logistics to work out, and maybe this only happens on the American server (because we're awesome) to start with.  If Front Line events, and similar can change the evening player count from 17k-22k up to 27k...  And event like this, with streaming and enough fan fair could really pull in players to participate.  Just work it in with 2 or 3 new maps, and some incentive to play (like the higher play volume during the day or days of the week gives you bonus chances in the fantasy football part or something)...

At this point, I just want WG to continue to succeed and put out more maps for interest, so I can tank on...

Insanefriend #2 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 13:00

Major

• Players
  • 55079 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT
This is clan wars already, the rewards are just tanks/camo/bia crew.

GWyatt #3 Posted Jun 08 2020 - 13:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5998 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostJasper_Seven, on Jun 08 2020 - 00:12, said:

One of the growing attempts at games appears to be a push towards team play and/or playing with your friends.

One of the most popular comments in Random Matches seems to be "Stupid Team",  "morons" and variations on that theme.

Now I don't happen to have the time or desire to be in a clan right now, and I don't follow all the events and options.  But, if you want to peak some player interest, how about a season of clan ranked battles, where clans that make it to the finals get some badge or stick to acknowledge this, maybe more so if they played in the first round of finals.  But, the top three clans, and their players who played in the last deciding games get REAL MONEY !

Additionally,  ALL players get to do a fantasy football type selection, with in game prizes and trinkets and benefits like any other event.

I'm sure there's some logistics to work out, and maybe this only happens on the American server (because we're awesome) to start with.  If Front Line events, and similar can change the evening player count from 17k-22k up to 27k...  And event like this, with streaming and enough fan fair could really pull in players to participate.  Just work it in with 2 or 3 new maps, and some incentive to play (like the higher play volume during the day or days of the week gives you bonus chances in the fantasy football part or something)...

At this point, I just want WG to continue to succeed and put out more maps for interest, so I can tank on...

Since the real money has to come from somewhere for something like this, how much do you propose that each individual that participates would pay for the event?

For example, it cost you real money to enter the National Bowling Tournament for a possible chance at  getting some of that back if you do well. Another example is that it cost you money to get in the the Super bowl pool at work. WG isn't just going to eat the cost of something like this, unless they know it will generate more revenue than it cost.

CanadianPuppy #4 Posted Jun 13 2020 - 12:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 414 battles
  • [A-HUB] A-HUB

Fantasy Sports is a terrible comparison. 85% of all players are losers and 91% of any profits go to just under 2% of all the player base.

It's gambling against people who know what to do and have the technical skills to do it. Die hard sports fans are not the people winning voluptuous amounts of money. Every person in that winning bracket is an uber-nerd, so suck it jocks, with the technical skills to use everything to their advantage. Homemade algorithms or industrial grade computing software, or a combination of the two, is what makes them winners. They don't need to care about sports, it just comes down to the only constant.

Math.

Wargaming would not benefit from such a system since the game is free to play, and Fantasy Sports require an entry fee. With Fantasy Sports, the house always wins. Wargaming could lose money due to the fact that many people that originally paid could harness their skill(key) and actually make Wargaming lose money.

Also tagged with money, clans, events, rewards, competition

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users