Prize "POOL"?

tournaments cheated XP Gold

11 replies to this topic

GHR1227 #1 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 18:23

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

So my clan mates and I entered the  South American 3v3 Tier 10 tournament for [edited]and giggles.

We had no expecations to win given one of our number only had a JgPZE100 and the tourney was on Erlinberg.

Well to our surprise and pleasure we tied for 2nd beating every team fairly evenly, but the one we tied with.

So we were all excited to expect 1500 gold and 9000 Free XP but nope.  Wargaming's fine print says  it's a "prize POOL" so

we get 1/3 of the promsed prize.  Come on Wargaming that is a garbage booby prize if I ever hear one; 500 gold for taking SECOND PLACE? 

I have not played in a tournament for a couple years, but my memory it used to be 1500 gold EACH for first, 750 for 2nd, 500 for 3rd.  Why the short change on these new tournaments?  Greedy bums!  Take our money for premium time, premium tanks, and give a booby prize in a tier 10 tournament.  Why bother playing in a tournament?  The payout is junk.  I cannot even buy 500 gold with cash money b/c it does not even equal $2.50 which is minimum purchase.

At least make it more clear that the prize is pooled amongst all players b/c if not for that one word  I would be far more confused.

But for heaven sakes make the prize pool worth our time and efforts!

AllieOop2 #2 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 18:32

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostGHR1227, on Jun 14 2020 - 18:23, said:

So my clan mates and I entered the  South American 3v3 Tier 10 tournament for [edited]and giggles.

We had no expecations to win given one of our number only had a JgPZE100 and the tourney was on Erlinberg.

Well to our surprise and pleasure we tied for 2nd beating every team fairly evenly, but the one we tied with.

So we were all excited to expect 1500 gold and 9000 Free XP but nope.  Wargaming's fine print says  it's a "prize POOL" so

we get 1/3 of the promsed prize.  Come on Wargaming that is a garbage booby prize if I ever hear one; 500 gold for taking SECOND PLACE? 

I have not played in a tournament for a couple years, but my memory it used to be 1500 gold EACH for first, 750 for 2nd, 500 for 3rd.  Why the short change on these new tournaments?  Greedy bums!  Take our money for premium time, premium tanks, and give a booby prize in a tier 10 tournament.  Why bother playing in a tournament?  The payout is junk.  I cannot even buy 500 gold with cash money b/c it does not even equal $2.50 which is minimum purchase.

At least make it more clear that the prize is pooled amongst all players b/c if not for that one word  I would be far more confused.

The fine print a lawyers answer to every litigation over a contract because most people read what they want or don't read at all. That one word ( kind of a important word) if it wasn't there it would mean something else :) gotcha.

GHR1227 #3 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 18:43

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostAllieOop2, on Jun 14 2020 - 11:32, said:

The fine print a lawyers answer to every litigation over a contract because most people read what they want or don't read at all. That one word ( kind of a important word) if it wasn't there it would mean something else :) gotcha.

What sux is that it's only mentioned in ONE place that it is a prize pool.  If it were stated more explicitly we would have known more in advance.

stevezaxx #4 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 19:01

Captain

• Players
  • 42330 battles
  • [COD] COD

View PostGHR1227, on Jun 14 2020 - 12:23, said:

I cannot even buy 500 gold with cash money b/c it does not even equal $2.50 which is minimum purchase.

500 gold is 2.97 US DOLLARS

if you are using the currency of another country do not use " $ " in your comment.

Markd73 #5 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 19:44

Major

• Players
  • 34907 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Jun 14 2020 - 17:32, said:

Kinda this. 

Always read the fine print. You have no one to blame other than yourself if you didn't read it.

Edited by Markd73, Jun 14 2020 - 19:45.

GHR1227 #6 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:00

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostMarkd73, on Jun 14 2020 - 12:44, said:

Kinda this. 

Always read the fine print. You have no one to blame other than yourself if you didn't read it.

Look at the current tournament pages.  Some do have the word "pool" others do not.  It's a flip flop wishy washy thing.  One is pooled the others are not.  So it's confusing as hell to know which is which. As I said it's not clearly shown on the prize area.  It says "prize pool" as an underscore on one area only.

As an example.  Look here on the page for the current tier 8 : https://worldoftanks...nts/1000001557/

It shows prize pool on the first section.  But down below where is shows what the prize is there is nothing that clearly states it is a pooled prize and would

be divided amongst those participating.  It looks like that prize is a full payout per person if you don't see the first page.

Markd73 #7 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:05

Major

• Players
  • 34907 battles

View PostGHR1227, on Jun 14 2020 - 19:00, said:

Look at the current tournament pages.  Some do have the word "pool" others do not.  It's a flip flop wishy washy thing.  One is pooled the others are not.  So it's confusing as hell to know which is which. As I said it's not clearly shown on the prize area.  It says "prize pool" as an underscore on one area only.

As an example.  Look here on the page for the current tier 8 : https://worldoftanks...nts/1000001557/

It shows prize pool on the first section.  But down below where is shows what the prize is there is nothing that clearly states it is a pooled prize and would

be divided amongst those participating.  It looks like that prize is a full payout per person if you don't see the first page.

That is the crux of the issue. WG may have created a badly written description, but instead of asking for clarification on this then I am guessing that you just went with what you thought it said. I work with a lot of lawyers. Generally speaking if something is unclear in a contract/message then you only have yourself to blame if you make assumptions instead of getting clarifications.

Not ideal but that is the world we live in.

AllieOop2 #8 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostGHR1227, on Jun 14 2020 - 20:00, said:

A lot of WGs communications are difficult to read/interpret often times. Been said its the translation thing but frankly I think they just don't do a good job on many areas of the game. I really have a hard time remembering a patch that went out with no revision or corrections. Quality control has always been lacking IMO.

GHR1227 #9 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:24

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostMarkd73, on Jun 14 2020 - 13:05, said:

That is the crux of the issue. WG may have created a badly written description, but instead of asking for clarification on this then I am guessing that you just went with what you thought it said. I work with a lot of lawyers. Generally speaking if something is unclear in a contract/message then you only have yourself to blame if you make assumptions instead of getting clarifications.

Not ideal but that is the world we live in.

Where I live in a condo we have governing documents written ca 1976.  In the original condominium declaration it says "there are no separate water or electric meters...." all such bills are a common expense.  WE had a wanna-be laywer unit owner who cost us thousands of dollars because the documents were never updated when in 1982 separate electric meters were installed. It was 1999 when she bought her condo. She tried to sue for the HOA to pay for her electricity costs though everyone was already paying individually and some of the unit owners who had voted to install separate meters had given affidavits that there was a vote to do this. 

She lost repeatedly in her claims both in terms of neighbors and courts, but the management company bled us dry on paperwork and administrative crap regarding the suit which was not included in the $700 monthly fees. The woman was a lawsuit freak and an attorney's worst nightmare. 

So I know a little about fine print biting one's A$$hole.  20 yrs of that nut living as a direct neighbor.

Honestly, I'm not even complaining about the prize pool. If they want to pool prizes fine.

I'm mad that if they are going to do a pool it's only amounting to 500 gold.  It was a tier X tournament. 

500 gold is not even worth playing as it's a complete and utter booby prize.   At tier 5, yeah 500 gold fits the type of battle.

At tier 10 though it *should be* 1500 gold per person pooled or not.

Edited by GHR1227, Jun 14 2020 - 20:24.

GHR1227 #10 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:27

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

View PostAllieOop2, on Jun 14 2020 - 13:06, said:

A lot of WGs communications are difficult to read/interpret often times. Been said its the translation thing but frankly I think they just don't do a good job on many areas of the game. I really have a hard time remembering a patch that went out with no revision or corrections. Quality control has always been lacking IMO.

Bottom line is Wargaming staff cannot read or write English and use Google translate which is a poor substitute for a human translator.

With a multibillion dollar corporation you'd think that they would have a better method but sure I get that is a thing.

__WarChild__ #11 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 20:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 39992 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostGHR1227, on Jun 14 2020 - 11:23, said:

Wargaming has these tournaments daily.  Since I've been playing them, I've understood its a prize pool.  Trick is, if your last opponent is going to be an easy win, get one of your teammates to sit it out.  Then you collect their portion of the Gold and Free XP for that battle when it's all over.  ;)

GHR1227 #12 Posted Jun 14 2020 - 22:05

Captain

• Players
  • 53891 battles
  • [TIGR] TIGR

Before I'd posted here I made a ticket.

They replied finally and I replied with a very sternly worded letter of disappointment of the prize pool and the very deceptively worded fine print being so much smaller than the word "free gold" on the tournament page.

Maybe they will edit their page accordingly.    I won't hold my breath but hey who knows....

-======

Your tournament page is very confusing and the word "prize pool" is written in subtype below the word "free gold" which is written in big bold letters.
Look at the size difference even accounting for copy-paste.

GOLD! FREE XP!
Prize pool

The second words "prize pool" should be mentioned on the second page where it shows how much for each place. And should not be in sub-type so as to be easily overlooked.

Instead it is written as such:

Reward Place Reward
1st: 3,000 Gold + 15,000 Free XP
2nd: 1,500 Gold + 9,000 Free XP
3rd: 750 Gold + 6,000 Free XP
4th: 6,000 Free XP

Nowhere on this second page does it says "prize pool" to go along with the tiny print on the first page. This makes it very unclear that the prize is a pool.

I understand now, but I am very very unhappy with this very deceptivlely worded fine print and
ove all very tiny amount of payout for the amount of time and effort put into the tournament.

There was a time when it was not a prize pool, but each person got a full amount of the prize stated. That it has changed in the last couple of years since my last time joining and winning
a tournament is disheartening and disappointing.

Sincerely yours a very unhappy tanker,
GHR1227

Hello GHR1227,

Thank you for contacting Wargaming Player Support.

Please note the following:

Gold, Credits, and Free XP Prizing is always split among the entire team based on the AMOUNT OF BATTLES A PLAYER participated in unless specified otherwise.

If you have any other questions, please don't hesitate to contact us or visit our Player Support page: https://na.wargaming.net/support/en/products/wot/ 

Have a nice day.

Kind regards,
========

I was in the 3v3 South American Open tournament. My team took 2nd place as we were all informed in game following the tournament.
The prize shown in the webpage as follows:

Place Reward
1st: 3,000 Gold + 15,000 Free XP
2nd: 1,500 Gold + 9,000 Free XP
3rd: 750 Gold + 6,000 Free XP
4th: 6,000 Free XP
https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000001553/

What we each were supposed to receive was 1500 gold and 9000 free experience. Instead we were given 500 gold and 3000 free experience.

As shown on the attached screenshot I was only credited 1/3 of what the promised prize was to be.

Here is the results page of the tournament:
https://worldoftanks.com/en/tournaments/1000001553/team/1000817435/

Please investigate this issue forthwith and credit my account to make this correct. Thank you.

Reply to this topic

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

Also tagged with tournaments, cheated, XP, Gold

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users