Artillery random battles

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Apademak #1 Posted Jun 21 2020 - 02:36

Corporal

• Players
  • 20236 battles
  • [JMSQC] JMSQC

We need artillery to have a max of 1 per team per battles in random battles.

Artillery are annoying enough, when its 3 of them that focuses the same target the game becomes unfair, unbalanced and very stupid.

ArtyTouchedMyNoNoPlace #2 Posted Jun 21 2020 - 03:28

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 355 battles
wg needs to make the game dumbed down for op. same old song and dance

Christojojo #3 Posted Jun 21 2020 - 03:59

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 38485 battles
  • [CHEAP] CHEAP
My canned  response

n4cer67 #4 Posted Jun 21 2020 - 04:43

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18977 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP
Limit of 3 is perfectly fine. No difference being focus fired by 3 Spg's than 3 of any other class. I think we should remove limitations and start introducing SPG's for all tech trees along with a low tier and high tier premium for each one. I nominate the Sturmtiger as a  high tier German Premium SPG.

Edited by n4cer67, Jun 21 2020 - 04:45.

RickEdwards #5 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 03:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30642 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View Postn4cer67, on Jun 21 2020 - 04:43, said:

Limit of 3 is perfectly fine. No difference being focus fired by 3 Spg's than 3 of any other class. I think we should remove limitations and start introducing SPG's for all tech trees along with a low tier and high tier premium for each one. I nominate the Sturmtiger as a  high tier German Premium SPG.

Uhh, there is a major difference... it is that if you are focused by other classes it means you pushed too far and are in a bad position. If you're focused by arty it means you got spotted and probably have decent stats. One happens because of your bad gameplay, whereas the other can happen simply because you exist.

Three arty is way too many, and the reason WG gives for not wanting to reduce the number (that it would make all games have artillery and they want variety) makes no real sense because if you play tier 10 you get 3 arty in the majority of games. If they really want variety they would fix this.

n4cer67 #6 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:00

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18977 battles
  • [NAAP] NAAP

View PostRickEdwards, on Jun 23 2020 - 20:52, said:

Uhh, there is a major difference... it is that if you are focused by other classes it means you pushed too far and are in a bad position. If you're focused by arty it means you got spotted and probably have decent stats. One happens because of your bad gameplay, whereas the other can happen simply because you exist.

Three arty is way too many, and the reason WG gives for not wanting to reduce the number (that it would make all games have artillery and they want variety) makes no real sense because if you play tier 10 you get 3 arty in the majority of games. If they really want variety they would fix this.

No difference at all. Decent stats don't have anything to do with it either as a target is a target.

Three Spg's are perfectly fine and players have as much right to play them without limits as any other class. Spg's add plenty of good variety to the game which is why they shouldn't reduce their numbers in battle. If anything they need to add the Sturmtiger as a Premium SPG for tier 10 battles along with an SPG line (complete with premiums) for every nation. 

choSenfroZen_1 #7 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6347 battles
  • [GITS] GITS

View PostRickEdwards, on Jun 23 2020 - 18:52, said:

Uhh, there is a major no difference... it is that if you are focused by other any of the classes it means you pushed too far and are in a bad position. If you're focused by arty it means you got spotted.  One Both happens because of your bad gameplay, whereas the other can happen simply because you exist.

Edited by choSenfroZen_1, Jun 24 2020 - 04:20.

_Kradok_ #8 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:38

Major

• -Players-
  • 36571 battles

WoT Blitz... Arty Free.

This forum - not arty-whiner-free.

skytale #9 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 05:48

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17374 battles

Please see this thread on this very Forum-

http://forum.worldof...erf-arty-posts/

RickEdwards #10 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 10:24

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30642 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View Postn4cer67, on Jun 24 2020 - 04:00, said:

No difference at all. Decent stats don't have anything to do with it either as a target is a target.

Three Spg's are perfectly fine and players have as much right to play them without limits as any other class. Spg's add plenty of good variety to the game which is why they shouldn't reduce their numbers in battle. If anything they need to add the Sturmtiger as a Premium SPG for tier 10 battles along with an SPG line (complete with premiums) for every nation. 

View PostchoSenfroZen_1, on Jun 24 2020 - 04:20, said:

Uhh, there is a major no difference... it is that if you are focused by other any of the classes it means you pushed too far and are in a bad position. If you're focused by arty it means you got spotted.  One Both happens because of your bad gameplay, whereas the other can happen simply because you exist.

It's so cute that you both think this. Like, actually adorable. 

_Kradok_ #11 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 12:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 36571 battles

View PostRickEdwards, on Jun 24 2020 - 04:24, said:

It's so cute that you both think this. Like, actually adorable. 

Then act on your feelings... don't just talk about it.  Our Supreme Court HAS to be Woke enough for you... go for it - people are already THINKING it about you... come on out and confirm it.  You're safe here.

dunniteowl #12 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 23:27

Major

• -Players-
  • 31544 battles

I think we need five months of the old 5 SPG limit.  That would provide a nice decent trip down, "Memory Lane," as far as how bad 3 SPGs per match is.

I can't believe that this issue triggers so many adults into such intransigent feels that no amount of data can convince them that they are basically having a minor to major hissy fits over a game mechanic that's been in the game since Beta.  Adults, presumably.  Playing just a game.

Yet, that anger, frustration, ire and irascibility just bubbles up in casually tossed out phrases of denigration, scorn and disdain.

Yup.  It just looks like sour grapes from my perspective since 2014.  I can't play at all right now, however my potato did let me play SPGs and really slow TDs for that last year and a half, with occasional nice days of my other three classes to play.

I started with All Five Classes.  Since I have discovered how much SPGs can unglue some players and make even other better players lose focus?  Yeah, psych-ops FTW, baby.

I don't think, in all honesty, I fit the 'typical' arty player mold.  That said, I have found no reason to hate on it any more than any other unit.  Been hit by it and have hit with it.  Been countered by arty and been plastered by the other four classes in each class.  You know, for some reason, getting sent back to the garage doesn't feel ANY different, regardless of which class of unit a player used to end my game.

You gonna get mad at everyone who kicks over your sand castle in this game?  Sheesh, that's 15 other people on the other side in general, slighly more than half the time for most people, and for the better players less than half the time.  That's a lot of anger and irritation to store, from where I sit.

Hey.  You do you, all of you.  Just remember, when you're all ticked over that 'no skill' clicker and you let that fester, all you're doing is letting that 'clicker' have more of your attention than they deserve.

Let it go.

Just a game.

GL, HF & HSYBF!
OvO

Also tagged with Artillery, random battles

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users