Will wg ever fix the constant one sided battles on the NA server, or they do not care as normal

One sided Over powered russian bias rigged matches poor programming NOOBS EBRs poor quality

• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

NeatoMan #81 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 11:50

Major

• Players
  • 31605 battles

View Postmuppetmasterjobu, on Sep 16 2020 - 00:34, said:

The game does seem to get worse the longer you play in one session.  Seems like some kind of

bait and hook tacit to get you to buy consumables.

I never understood this.  Maybe it's because when I started playing there was no such thing as Large consumables (either that or they were for gold only, so I never even considered them as f2p).  You had your small repair kit, med kit, extinguisher, and one other that I never used.  I have never purchased a Large consumable, ever.  I only use the ones I get for free, and only on my tier 10s, and select tier 9s.  Not sure why anyone would feel the need to use them if they were f2p or cash strapped.   I still don't have a single piece of bond equipment, or directives (or whatever they are called) mounted on any of my tanks.

A lot of what drives this mentality is the false perception of how much pay2win they are.  They see these and think they are absolutely necessary to compete. 

Koala_In_The_Rain #82 Posted Sep 16 2020 - 15:09

Major

• Players
  • 35896 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostNeatoMan, on Sep 16 2020 - 03:50, said:

I never understood this.  Maybe it's because when I started playing there was no such thing as Large consumables (either that or they were for gold only, so I never even considered them as f2p).  You had your small repair kit, med kit, extinguisher, and one other that I never used.  I have never purchased a Large consumable, ever.  I only use the ones I get for free, and only on my tier 10s, and select tier 9s.  Not sure why anyone would feel the need to use them if they were f2p or cash strapped.   I still don't have a single piece of bond equipment, or directives (or whatever they are called) mounted on any of my tanks.

A lot of what drives this mentality is the false perception of how much pay2win they are.  They see these and think they are absolutely necessary to compete. 

And let us not forget the "no cooldown."  Use it and lose it.

LIkewise on the no bond equipment, but I will fess up to using bond directives now and then.  And the bounty equipment, of course.

Korvick #83 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 04:04

Major

• Players
  • 6190 battles

View Postmuppetmasterjobu, on Sep 16 2020 - 05:34, said:

As a new player and game reviewer, wot seems very unbalanced in the tank tiers, tanks themselves and matches.

I can't honestly recommend this game for any awards or articles.  I've not made it past tier 8 so far, but the game play is so

one sided that I'm ready to toss in the towel.  Who would pay money to a company that doesn't improve the game

for the end consumers?

Maybe if I choke down another 1000 battles I'll understand, but the game seems so dismal.

I went for the Arty to get credits (from videos the m44 seemed the best and closest, Kv-2 next).

The game does seem to get worse the longer you play in one session.  Seems like some kind of

bait and hook tacit to get you to buy consumables.

Anyway, I enjoy the close matches (win / lose) but the let down is the one lopsidedness of the matches.

Seems like nothing has changed since the original posting if I compare what I've experienced, the original

post and the diversity of the responses.   Maybe it's because this is a pay to win Russian game and

regular players are just filler.. sort of like Tier VI tanks in a Tier VIII match up, where most of the lower

tier tanks don't have much of a chance.

It seems like a lot of posters are really only posting for demeaning purposes.  It would be good if

there were things wrong with a product that the players took a stand to effect changes. But that would

require teamwork and organization and I don't see much of that here (other to bash each other or the original

poster) or in the game.

However, my experience has been pretty Dismal, so on to the next product.  WOS might be worth a try,

but is again Russian.  I hear WOP is worse than WOT.

Taking it in order

1) The game is HARD.  A couple of hundred games is nothing in terms of developing the skills needed.

2) The game is pure PvP.  So it is chaotic and random.  And if you don't look at it completely objectively, you will easily find confirmation bias to double down on any negativity

3) You are playing ARTY??? to generate credits???  Seriously, who the hell is saying that?  You generate credits by just playing mid tiers.  Win or lose.

4) The game seems to get worse the longer you play in one session.  Hmm, well, if I kept playing tennis over 6 hours I know I'd be pretty knackered compared to when I played in the first hour.  Maybe you mean something else?

5) Lopsided matches.  Heh, I better get in before this gets noticed.  Lopsided matches happen because this is single death, no respawn.  So the moment one side gets momentum, it CAN just snowball.  The best games and memories I have are when you pull your team out of a terminal nosedive.  They feel great.

6) The game is not P2W.  It's all pay to save time.  There is nothing in an actual battle that you cannot buy with IN GAME currency.  There are certainly many things that if you give them money can and will save you a lot of time grinding.

7) I get plenty of games where I'm 2 tiers under and I dont feel useless at all.  This is a TEAM game for one.  There will be tanks of your same tier on the other side.  When I'm 2 tiers higher I certainly don't treat the lower tier tanks with disdain.

8) Regarding the posts and forums.  I find the WoT forums no different from EVERY other forum I've ever seen, read or posted in.

You've had a dismal experience.  That is ok.  This game just might not be for you.  I certainly don't expect everybody to enjoy this game.  Many of my friends don't.  But please bear in mind everything that I have addressed.  Good luck with your future endevours.

NeatoMan #84 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 11:44

Major

• Players
  • 31605 battles

View PostTao_Te_Hobbit, on Sep 16 2020 - 09:09, said:

And the bounty equipment, of course.

???  what's that?

Koala_In_The_Rain #85 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 14:40

Major

• Players
  • 35896 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostNeatoMan, on Sep 17 2020 - 03:44, said:

???  what's that?

Bounty equipment?  Isn't that what the purple equipment stuff (that you can upgrade for 3 megacredits) you get in Battle Pass is called?  I could be misremembering, of course.  :unsure:

Fat_Gandalf #86 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 14:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 53693 battles
Nuthin' for nuthin', but he's spot on about the one sided battles. It's pretty ridiculous whether you're on the winning or losing side to constantly see 15-3/3-15 battles, etc. It's fact that this is a common occurrence.

Koala_In_The_Rain #87 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 14:55

Major

• Players
  • 35896 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostFat_Gandalf, on Sep 17 2020 - 06:51, said:

Nuthin' for nuthin', but he's spot on about the one sided battles. It's pretty ridiculous whether you're on the winning or losing side to constantly see 15-3/3-15 battles, etc. It's fact that this is a common occurrence.

How do you define "constantly?"  Every battle?  Every other?  Every third?

Zeds_Tank #88 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 15:22

Captain

• Players
  • 28200 battles

View PostPickelFlavoredCookies, on Jun 21 2020 - 05:53, said:

getting better no no no no no no no just no 

Says the guy who has been playing for just over four months.

BoghieWanKanobie #89 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 11820 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostFat_Gandalf, on Sep 17 2020 - 08:51, said:

Well, I have been grinding the Tier IX T-54 this week.  It is really my first run in Tier IX. 

I am going to make a comment with as much tact as possible - and, that comment will be quite 'rich' coming from a 49%er who has trouble with damage...

I had been running sessions from 4pm - 6pm EST.  Those teams skewed Red/Orange.  It was a miserable experience.  The teams didn't deploy well, didn't deploy on time, got evapped quickly - and, here is the important point - were NOT able to recover from a minor tank deficit.  To put it delicately:  these games were not fun, they sucked.  I hate the free for all at low tiers, why would I like it - or, expect it - at high tiers.

After getting advice to game in a slightly different time-slot (keepin' this secret!!!) I noted that the teams skewed Yellow/Green.  Those teams deployed well, performed adequately, and having a two tank deficit did not lead to an immediate collapse.  In fact, some of those games turned around.  I really enjoyed those games - even though I was 'the turd in the punch bowl' in them (not bad enough to get Battle Chat slammed though).  It was a blast and most of those games were NOT blowouts.

I'll try to be delicate to player sensitivities here:  At the higher tiers you simply cannot go to Tomato Places and do Tomato Things and expect anything other than roflstomps - and that includes teams balanced to Tomatoes/Oranges just like some form of SSBM would do.  

(BTW, this is NOT a comment on Fat_Gandalf - who appears to be a good player).

Koala_In_The_Rain #90 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 35896 battles
  • [TER] TER

View PostBoghieWanKanobie, on Sep 17 2020 - 07:34, said:

Well, I have been grinding the Tier IX T-54 this week.  It is really my first run in Tier IX. 

I am going to make a comment with as much tact as possible - and, that comment will be quite 'rich' coming from a 49%er who has trouble with damage...

I had been running sessions from 4pm - 6pm EST.  Those teams skewed Red/Orange.  It was a miserable experience.  The teams didn't deploy well, didn't deploy on time, got evapped quickly - and, here is the important point - were NOT able to recover from a minor tank deficit.  To put it delicately:  these games were not fun, they sucked.  I hate the free for all at low tiers, why would I like it - or, expect it - at high tiers.

After getting advice to game in a slightly different time-slot (keepin' this secret!!!) I noted that the teams skewed Yellow/Green.  Those teams deployed well, performed adequately, and having a two tank deficit did not lead to an immediate collapse.  In fact, some of those games turned around.  I really enjoyed those games - even though I was 'the turd in the punch bowl' in them (not bad enough to get Battle Chat slammed though).  It was a blast and most of those games were NOT blowouts.

I'll try to be delicate to player sensitivities here:  At the higher tiers you simply cannot go to Tomato Places and do Tomato Things and expect anything other than roflstomps - and that includes teams balanced to Tomatoes/Oranges just like some form of SSBM would do.  

(BTW, this is NOT a comment on Fat_Gandalf - who appears to be a good player).

Canadians.  So polite.

QuicksilverJPR #91 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 17:30

Major

• Players
  • 30271 battles
  • [RPG] RPG

View Postmarc_2018, on Jun 21 2020 - 00:45, said:

Another 63 matches down for the day and all but 4 of the matches were complete one sided matches.

How do you get (0-15) and (1-15) at Tier X?  It's bad enough at lower tiers but shouldn't the last tier

all be balanced and fair to play?

Ever since December the game has been on the downhill slide as far as play ability.

I just hope players wake up and put the credit cards away as things just are not improving.

winrate is a bad statistic, especially with all the one sided matches going on.

Damage done and spotting might be good to go by, but there is the EBR's to skew that.

What else can wg do to ruin the game?

Anyway, I wish if they didn't want players to enjoy the game, they would just say so.

It's probably not the russian way though.  They will just let the game fester like a potato

in a shipping container.

Wish they would grow some pride in their product and take care of the issues,

but that is too much to ask of wg, let alone the greedy misers in charge.

Truly a substandard gaming experience.  NO $ for you wg.  Your too shameful with

your greed and support for the players.

Seems that a lot of folks are experiencing the one sided matches in the game when I ask.

Maybe everyone is drunk or stoned who plays..... That would explain the muppet teams,

but not the other stuff the game does, especially with russian and German tanks. (OP vs UP)

Anyway, enjoy you cliff divers and drowner's......somewhere there was once fun in this game,

but it's been loss by wg greed.  Shameful wg

How does WG go about making players actually do the right thing, and learn how to play their tanks and use them properly on the map they happen to be engaged in?

Goat_Rodeo #92 Posted Sep 17 2020 - 17:46

Major

• Players
  • 19655 battles
  • [DHO4] DHO4

Here’s the catch OP. It’s an old PVP MMO game and over the years the Turks have indeed floated to the top. Problem is poor game skill/knowledge players, combined with view range saturation, predominantly poor map design/rotation and seriously high alpha damage guns. Virtually every tier X match I’ve played turns into a roll for one side or the other and you either struggle to buy time to get in damage or you’re chasing it 

To this end I have 12 tier 10s, but other than for collection value I keep them for ranked battles or campaign missions. 

dunniteowl #93 Posted Sep 19 2020 - 20:19

Major

• Players
  • 39031 battles

You know, I have to agree about the 'one sided' battles.

Only about 1% of all my games were two sided losses known as draws.  All the rest?  One side or the other won; and, conversely, the other side or one lost.  Very one sided, they were.  Someone should look into that.

OvO

TAI_Von_Budd #94 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 02:31

Sergeant

• Players
  • 60969 battles
  • [AFW] AFW
My take is simple.One sided "random" teams isn't random at all. It is part of WG strategy to make money. If the teams are random, then there shouldn't be ten blowout games at any tier, much less 9 and 10. You can't forget the changing meta of Premium tanks as well. Premiums drive WG income and can enhance player income. They also dilute the average crew skills which clearly negatively affects veteran players that have invested time into getting to T8+. Whenever I get tired of getting abused by lopsided games, I drop down to T6 to T8 premiums, crewed by 5+ skill crews, make money and win more.

WG knows that frustration causes wallets to open. It is as simple as that.

RumRunner_Jobu #95 Posted Oct 02 2020 - 06:07

Private

• Players
  • 4817 battles
  • [7DEV] 7DEV

wot is truly a Biased, Rigged, unbalanced piece of software.  Any normal player can tell things are just not right.  Strange bounces, disappearing shots when fully aimed, russian vehicles that seem to be OP and survive well past other nations tanks.  Non russian tanks that are nerfed and they are already inferior compared to the russian counterparts.  It truly is one of the most disappointing games... al for the greed of the company in russia.   players are just fools to spend money on this rigged product.  Stupid would be a more correct term as they likely don't have the smarts to realize it's a con game rigged to suck in their money if they are bad enough to think it will help.

Not sure why wg does not wise up.  It seems they break things more than they fix them.  Anyway the one sided matches continues and win rate is just a ghost number.  Even the damage done and kills is pretty lame due to the biasing and rigging.   Is the game fun to play?  to a point, but who wants to play a game when almost all the matches are one sided (due to a lot of factors besides the players themselves).

Anyway, wg will never change, especially if players foolishly keep spending $ on the game.  I'd say that wot is right next for wop as far as quality and game play.

Wish wg would get gud and remove the bias, balance all the tanks & tiers, balance the matches not on tanks alone.

Also put the wheeled vehicles in a new class and nerf them again.

Also, all the German tanks should be buffed to make them competitive and

all the russian ones be nerfed to make them mediocre.

I find it strange that russians have anything of quality compared to the other

nations.  But the game is in russian fantasy land.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users