sandbox

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

bbarton #1 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 17:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 40453 battles
  • [J4F] J4F
  1. I think wargaming has missed the mark big time with this idea.

1. Taking bino’s away from every vehicle except TD’s makes no sense.  How am I supposed to be a passive scout without vision?
  1. Or are you trying to make the EBR even more over-powered by reducing everyone else’s vision?
  2. As a light, I can no longer spot the enemy from a safe distance, If you are going to reduce the vision of light’s, why not just take tracked lights out of the game as it will render them useless.
    1. Bino’s are where a great equalizer
    2. If you take my bino’s away from me because I can no longer use them. You, of course, will refund the full purchase price, after all, it was you who changed the rules?
  1. On one hand, you tell me you are making the game more diverse by giving me more choices’ of equipment, but if I use the equipment the way you want me to, putting durability in the correct box (the way you think a vehicle should be used) I get a bonus??????
  2. This is an illusion of choice.
  3. Making me pay to dismount equipment that is not mounted in the first place is laughable. You are telling me, I cannot take my bino’s, camm net, or toolbox to whatever vehicle I want? They are not mounted, they are portable pieces of equipment. How does this make sense, to you?
  4. You are simply making this a pay to play game.
  5. How is it fair that a Tier 1 vehicle has no equipment, and Tier 2 has 1 slot for equipment?
  6. When tier 1 come up against tier 2, tier 1 is at a distinct disadvantage. The tier 2 tanker has a better tank, better equipment, and a more experienced player.
  7. This blow’s your theory out of the water if you are trying to improve the new players’ experience.
  8. Under the proposed rules MM can only include same tier vehicles until the vehicles have the same amount of equipment.
  9. MM should also include skill level, so better players do not go down to lower levels to kill new players, ruining the experience for the new player. Alienating them and causing them to quit playing the game, out of frustration before they know what they are doing.
  10. If you truly want to improve the new player experience. MM can only include same tier vehicles and MM should also include a skill level component. A new player on average, cannot compete with an experienced player.
  11. If I understand this correctly, an over-powered EBR which is way too difficult to kill as it is, can put a light spall liner on and reduce the effect of HE by 50%?
  12. How does this improve balance or gameplay?
  13. Now how are we supposed to counter the EBR?
  14. You are blinding other lights by taking away their Bino’s and improving the survivability of the overpowered EBR? As an example, in regular gameplay, I was in an E4 and hit an EBR center mass broadside and did zero damage?
  15. The EBR’s defense is its speed. HE and Heat rounds should be able to destroy an EBR with one shot if I can hit it. HE should splash damage if a close miss.
  16. A general pet peeve of mine, the trajectory of artillery in-game should be more reflective of what it is.         
  17. A gun fires at a low angle,
  18. Guns are useless in a city and MM should not put them on city maps.
  19. A mortar fires at a high angle, with a long time of flight,
  20. A howitzer can do both.
  21. Mortars and Howitzers are fine for city maps and should be able to drop rounds into buildings and behind rocks since they fall almost straight down.
  22. I think it would be a good idea to have all the equipment boxes and directive box showing at the bottom of the screen when in battle.
  23. IE things that are not shown now, such as coated optics, gun laying drive, and so on.
  24. This way, the information about my setup is in front of me, and I know what I am using at the moment. 
  25. I have over 300 tanks, how can I remember how they are each setup?
  26. Speaking of equipment, when using a small repair kit or small first aid kit and only one piece of equipment is broken or only one crew member injured it is obvious what needs to happen, why do I need to waste time trying to find the correct key to fix the problem?
  27. If only the driver is injured and I have a small first aid kit, I should only need to press 4 and the driver is repaired
  28. If only my tracks are off and I have a small repair kit, why press 5, and then 5 again to repair the track? The track should be repaired when I press 5 (the key for the small repair kit) and that is it.
  29. The only time I should get choices when using small first aid or repair kits is if more than one crew member is injured or more than one piece of equipment needs to be repaired
  30. I believe unnecessary choices are a waste of time.
  31. The collector vehicles should be laid out similarly to the tech tree, so I can see what is there in a glance.
  32. Who wants to scroll through a bunch of stuff, starting with vehicles I do not have, what a waste of time?
  33. I tried to mount an orderly ammo rack directive on to an arty piece, it said I had 16 in stock, yet it would not let me mount the directive unless I bought one? Same with Natural cover directive?
  34. Since you have increased the hit pool of lower-tier tanks Derp guns are no longer effective.

SlappedbyRommel #2 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 17:27

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 12756 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE
You have very valid points however the devs will not listen and the community contributors most likely won't pass on this information - my faith in WG is at zero they do things that just don't make sense or  help the player base. Yes, its about the dollar but make changes that make sense there are so many good Youtubers that explain this game well. However, you never see the devs in a live round table with the player base I guess they don't want to be on the hot seat unable to explain non vetted questions is my guess. Don't want to say the wrong thing and yes I would like to know how WG plans to reimburse equipment taken away and all the xp for skills earned.

GenErwinRommel #3 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 18:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 77599 battles
  • [CATF] CATF
looks like the devs have nothing better to 

GWyatt #4 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 18:40

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5417 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

Agree with the binos, etc.

EBRs don't need more stuff.

I don't shoot HE at ERBs as the wheels are spaced amour.

Without binos, camo net, or toolbox, I don't see what piece of equipment would give tier 2 enough boost to notice a difference (highly skilled crew would do much more.)

Your point about player skill in low tiers is good, I thought those will less than x battles were in a different queue already (they do need bots so new players don't wait so long for battle.)

Arty on city maps isn't any different than lights in the city, both have to adjust.

Derp guns in low tiers.... the objective of increasing HP was to give newer players the chance to make mistakes and live, so derp guns that one/two shot before should be less effective.

Xeraux_TV #5 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 19:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
I didn't read the whole thing but the whole rework is rant-worthy so I'm upvoting you.

GoArmyBeatnavy79 #6 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 20:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12173 battles

View Postbbarton, on Jun 23 2020 - 17:04, said:

1. I think wargaming has missed the mark big time with this idea.

1. Taking bino’s away from every vehicle except TD’s makes no sense.  How am I supposed to be a passive scout without vision?
  1. Or are you trying to make the EBR even more over-powered by reducing everyone else’s vision?
  2. As a light, I can no longer spot the enemy from a safe distance, If you are going to reduce the vision of light’s, why not just take tracked lights out of the game as it will render them useless.
    1. Bino’s are where a great equalizer
    2. If you take my bino’s away from me because I can no longer use them. You, of course, will refund the full purchase price, after all, it was you who changed the rules?
  1. On one hand, you tell me you are making the game more diverse by giving me more choices’ of equipment, but if I use the equipment the way you want me to, putting durability in the correct box (the way you think a vehicle should be used) I get a bonus??????
  2. This is an illusion of choice.
  3. Making me pay to dismount equipment that is not mounted in the first place is laughable. You are telling me, I cannot take my bino’s, camm net, or toolbox to whatever vehicle I want? They are not mounted, they are portable pieces of equipment. How does this make sense, to you?
  4. You are simply making this a pay to play game.
  5. How is it fair that a Tier 1 vehicle has no equipment, and Tier 2 has 1 slot for equipment?
  6. When tier 1 come up against tier 2, tier 1 is at a distinct disadvantage. The tier 2 tanker has a better tank, better equipment, and a more experienced player.
  7. This blow’s your theory out of the water if you are trying to improve the new players’ experience.
  8. Under the proposed rules MM can only include same tier vehicles until the vehicles have the same amount of equipment.
  9. MM should also include skill level, so better players do not go down to lower levels to kill new players, ruining the experience for the new player. Alienating them and causing them to quit playing the game, out of frustration before they know what they are doing.
  10. If you truly want to improve the new player experience. MM can only include same tier vehicles and MM should also include a skill level component. A new player on average, cannot compete with an experienced player.
  11. If I understand this correctly, an over-powered EBR which is way too difficult to kill as it is, can put a light spall liner on and reduce the effect of HE by 50%?
  12. How does this improve balance or gameplay?
  13. Now how are we supposed to counter the EBR?
  14. You are blinding other lights by taking away their Bino’s and improving the survivability of the overpowered EBR? As an example, in regular gameplay, I was in an E4 and hit an EBR center mass broadside and did zero damage?
  15. The EBR’s defense is its speed. HE and Heat rounds should be able to destroy an EBR with one shot if I can hit it. HE should splash damage if a close miss.
  16. A general pet peeve of mine, the trajectory of artillery in-game should be more reflective of what it is.         
  17. A gun fires at a low angle,
  18. Guns are useless in a city and MM should not put them on city maps.
  19. A mortar fires at a high angle, with a long time of flight,
  20. A howitzer can do both.
  21. Mortars and Howitzers are fine for city maps and should be able to drop rounds into buildings and behind rocks since they fall almost straight down.
  22. I think it would be a good idea to have all the equipment boxes and directive box showing at the bottom of the screen when in battle.
  23. IE things that are not shown now, such as coated optics, gun laying drive, and so on.
  24. This way, the information about my setup is in front of me, and I know what I am using at the moment. 
  25. I have over 300 tanks, how can I remember how they are each setup?
  26. Speaking of equipment, when using a small repair kit or small first aid kit and only one piece of equipment is broken or only one crew member injured it is obvious what needs to happen, why do I need to waste time trying to find the correct key to fix the problem?
  27. If only the driver is injured and I have a small first aid kit, I should only need to press 4 and the driver is repaired
  28. If only my tracks are off and I have a small repair kit, why press 5, and then 5 again to repair the track? The track should be repaired when I press 5 (the key for the small repair kit) and that is it.
  29. The only time I should get choices when using small first aid or repair kits is if more than one crew member is injured or more than one piece of equipment needs to be repaired
  30. I believe unnecessary choices are a waste of time.
  31. The collector vehicles should be laid out similarly to the tech tree, so I can see what is there in a glance.
  32. Who wants to scroll through a bunch of stuff, starting with vehicles I do not have, what a waste of time?
  33. I tried to mount an orderly ammo rack directive on to an arty piece, it said I had 16 in stock, yet it would not let me mount the directive unless I bought one? Same with Natural cover directive?
  34. Since you have increased the hit pool of lower-tier tanks Derp guns are no longer effective.

+1, or +36, well done bbarton -

Agree with all of this!

dieMaschine #7 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 22:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [KLATU] KLATU
Epik Fail

Also tagged with sandbox

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users