• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 21:23

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4602 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting 25Jun and running until 2Jul there are changes to equipment 2.0 to check out on the sandbox. 

The sandbox is going to be available for download on 24Jun if you are interested and instructions on how to join can be found HERE.

If you would like to see more information on the changes click HERE.

Xeraux_TV #2 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 21:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
Whoa that second link's page is a hot mess.

latvius #3 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40455 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

Are they sending the questionnaire into the sandbox or do you see it on your normal account?

Feel free to share your impressions on all the new suggestions in a special questionnaire that will be sent via the in-game client after June 29.

dieMaschine #4 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 22:37

Corporal

• Players
  • 13080 battles
  • [KLATU] KLATU
Epik Fail

coconut2011 #5 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 23:17

Major

• Players
  • 70635 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

Some of the changes are really interesting.  Combining multiple weak modules to make one more useful module is definitely a good thing to make them far more competitive.

Turbocharger appears to be very effective now with the effect of both AFT and ART (i.e. forward and reverse max speed increase).  I can imagine that they are now far more useful on slow tanks.  Previously, the AFT and ART alone were just not good enough.  Taking two module slots (i.e. Turbocharger + AFT) would be a major waste.  So this is now a lot more enticing for tanks T95, FV4005, and even possibly Super Conqueror.

Improved Configuration is very enticing as well for tanks like T95.

spedkey #6 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 23:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 16713 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

Not enough rewards for participating. So what's the point in playing?

ONE (1!) PREM DAY for 30 battles that don't count towards your xp, freexp, creds?

And why do I want 30k gold on the sandbox server?

Avalon304 #7 Posted Jun 23 2020 - 23:56

Major

• Players
  • 25490 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

Will still change nothing about what the best equipment choices are:

Normal tanks: Rammer/Vstab and either Vents or Optics

Tank Destroyers: Rammer/Improved Rotation and either Vents or Optics.

SPGs: Rammer/Improved Rotation/EGLD (or Vents if you can take vents).

These changes are a solution to a problem that does not exist.

Einzelganger7 #8 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 00:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 9786 battles
  • [WOLFD] WOLFD
Wow, from the first iteration I considered to get the enhanced suspension on my E-75 for the interesting track buffs and 100% repairs, still I had my doubts but combining that equipment with the improved hardening makes it a bit more interesting now, a good decision with no doubt.

On a side note, I also like that now there is only one dedicated slot instead of two, because two looked knd of broken in my opinion. Still I think each tank should be able to let us have the chance to choose the type of the dedicated slot. For example the E-100, obviously it will get a survivability slot for the new rules about which kind will be given depending by vehicle type, but I think survivability is not its main one so it would be nice to be able to choose firepower on the dedicated slot. Same for tanks like the VK30.02M, Panther or Panther II. Mobility slots are useless for these vehicles, firepower or even scouting would fit them better to improve their stealth since they are mid to long range tanks. But as I said, is just my opinion.

coconut2011 #9 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 00:50

Major

• Players
  • 70635 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostEinzelganger7, on Jun 23 2020 - 15:07, said:

Wow, from the first iteration I considered to get the enhanced suspension on my E-75 for the interesting track buffs and 100% repairs, still I had my doubts but combining that equipment with the improved hardening makes it a bit more interesting now, a good decision with no doubt.

On a side note, I also like that now there is only one dedicated slot instead of two, because two looked knd of broken in my opinion. Still I think each tank should be able to let us have the chance to choose the type of the dedicated slot. For example the E-100, obviously it will get a survivability slot for the new rules about which kind will be given depending by vehicle type, but I think survivability is not its main one so it would be nice to be able to choose firepower on the dedicated slot. Same for tanks like the VK30.02M, Panther or Panther II. Mobility slots are useless for these vehicles, firepower or even scouting would fit them better to improve their stealth since they are mid to long range tanks. But as I said, is just my opinion.

I had a similar concern for "mis-classified" tanks (e.g. T26E4 SuperPershing, M48 Rpz, LTG).  The wrong type for the dedicate slot could potentially hurt them.  That said, at least for the three tanks, it may not be that big of an issue.

A better solution is to have the first as "boosted" slot.  This way players are not forced to follow a particular "role".

Edited by coconut2011, Jun 24 2020 - 00:51.

_Panzerkunst_ #10 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 00:54

Corporal

• Players
  • 22472 battles
Improved Config seems like the best new piece, it can be invaluable to heavies with weak ammo racks like the WZ's. I kinda liked the 2 specialized slots because it takes the guessing out of what the enemy might have. I don't think this will cause people to change the standard vents/rammer/optics combo but at least one will get a little boost now. 

ken9545 #11 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 01:13

Corporal

• Players
  • 24106 battles
  • [CANAM] CANAM

100 percent waste of time, effort and money

The playability of the game is broken

Fix the M/M

This is foolishness

mechanizedmarauder #12 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 01:19

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33352 battles

wow this looks a Lot better.  the horrible proposed limits on binocs and blankets are gone. woot dbl woot.  less dedicated slots is great too. 

the combined equipment packages will make for some fairly large variances from one persons tank to another driving the same vehicle.  be interesting to see how that shakes out live.

the scouting equip package looks a little worrisome to me. i dont like the idea of busting my butt to camo up a tank, only to have it magically undone from across the field by the enemy.  besides being a pure fantasy concept, how can you know what your facing game to game?  in the camo biz, you often only get lit - once.. 

no mention on free basic three demounts tho..  anyone seen any feedback on that?

right direction tho,  thx for listening wg!

TJo7 #13 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 02:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 47976 battles
  • [TT-6] TT-6

Maybe quit trying to make tanks more OP and get us some bigger and better MAPS!

arash11 #14 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 42670 battles
  • [IR4N] IR4N

So , if u are a tier V in tier VII mach up and your top tier is bot , no matter what u must lose because u have 1 slot and others have 3 ? What no more carry ! lol

WG , ur drunk dude. forget about this Eq2 and go fix the broken things first like EBR , OP defender and ...

Edited by arash11, Jun 24 2020 - 04:07.

Mikosah #15 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:16

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

I'm happy to see that there's no longer restrictions preventing lights/mediums/heavies from using binoculars or camo net, or TDs from using optics. That was my biggest concern from the first iteration. As of the idea to consolidate various unpopular equipment items into these 'package deals', I actually like the idea, kudos. The trick is that in most of the tanks where I'd be considering items like these, there's a few particular benefits that I want that are scattered across several different packages amongst all these other effects that I'm not interested in. So I'd very enthusiastically say to continue playing with that idea, try different combinations. In particular, make some hybrids between mobility and survivability. I suggest consolidating the grousers' mobility improvements with the improved suspension's additional track durability. Or the supercharger's increased horsepower with the cyclone filter's engine durability. I know the new shtick is to divide equipment into these 'role types' with corresponding slot bonuses, but honestly that idea has got to go. These items should be worth choosing on their own merits, role be damned.

Alternatively, here's an ambitious thought- that popular equipment items like rammer/stabilizer/optics each continue to fill a whole equipment slot as they currently do. But these smaller individual effects to survivability, mobility, etc that we now see included in the new package-deal equipment only take up say a portion of an equipment slot and so the player can assemble a handful of individual effects into just one slot. For instance, slot one has a rammer, slot two has optics, and in slot three I have a combo of increased horsepower and resistance to stun.

Mr_Goodshots #16 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 04:38

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27922 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD
Dang. I downloaded the sandbox before realizing I had to register by May 19 in order to participate. No sandbox for me!

Gothraul #17 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 05:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 2867 battles
  • [J0LLY] J0LLY
I'll be honest I despise the idea of limiting classes to just one type of bonus slot and that there is only one such slot per tank as this not only limits the choices but for some tanks it will be completely useless. The first iteration was better regarding the slot bonus with the exception of some heavies only getting two survival slots. Combining equipment into single units that wouldn't have seen much use is a good idea and I approve of it but it is going to take some incentives to make people change from the usual setups as losing optics for example to use a survival slot is a huge sacrifice given that view range is so important regardless of class or tier. Class restrictions on vision equipment is toxic so easing that was a step in the right direction.

1ST_AD_Abrams #18 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 06:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8501 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I will just come out and say it.  The first equipment test I got 2 stories on the reward involving gold.  There was you get nothing and the other you get 50% or 1/2 of the gold you earn for finishing the missions.  That was why I spent the time in the sandbox, I am hoping that after 14 days I get that gold reward.

I think the mission/quest were fair in that in order for the battle to count you had to be in the top 10, it prevented what I have seen gone wrong in other online games where you might be asked to play on a server for 1 hour and so people just go and have their character do nothing for 1 hour and get the reward.

You really need to add a better incentive than 1 premium day.  The incentive should be something that will draw more players to the sandbox which then benefits you in terms of the data you collect to determine what is the next course to take.  I will admit, if there isn't something worth it in terms of a reward I probably won't go on the sandbox simply because I don't want to play on a sandbox where nothing of value for the time I lose in the standard server like credits, completing missions, free xp, combat xp, crew xp, research xp and all the other things that would be saved to your account, is not earned during your sandbox testing time.

More premium days, certain things transfer over, perhaps each sandbox test after being in the top 10 for X number of times you are entitled to the gold you earn or parts of it, perhaps each sandbox test allows you to either case in lets say a tier 4 premium or you can save it and the next test, it jumps to tier 6 and so on.  So a player would be encourage to play at least about 4 sandbox test periods and earn a free tier 10 premium once they research their first tier 10 tank from the standard non-premium tanks.

One other thing, is there any way to get a translation program so you know what others are saying or require a common language.  Problem with that is those who only speak one language like Russian, German, French, Spanish, or English.  When people speak in a language that you can't understand, I don't deny I get a little paranoid or feel like I am not part of the plan

Edited by 1ST_AD_Abrams, Jun 24 2020 - 06:58.

Critical_Hit_Trackpad_OP #19 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 14:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

Personally I would have liked them to go with 4 slots, lower the purchase price per slot so it's not a pay to win scenario, leave 2 specialized and 2 other. I like some of their ideas to specialize tanks but I think that only happens with more choices to attach. I think the same 2 pieces of equipment will be on most vehicles so the 4th slot will add more variation.

My 2 cents. 

latvius #20 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 15:06

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40455 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA

Are they sending the questionnaire into the sandbox or do you see it on your normal account?

Feel free to share your impressions on all the new suggestions in a special questionnaire that will be sent via the in-game client after June 29.

Also tagged with KRZY, Sandbox, test, testing, equipment

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users