43 replies to this topic

RagnarokBazil #21 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 16:27

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27311 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jun 23 2020 - 15:23, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Starting 25Jun and running until 2Jul there are changes to equipment 2.0 to check out on the sandbox. 

The sandbox is going to be available for download on 24Jun if you are interested and instructions on how to join can be found HERE.

If you would like to see more information on the changes click HERE.

I would say 3 to 5 days and 10 to 20 demounting kits for the live server.... for 30 days and no earning sandbox gold as we all should start with 1000 gold but gain 10 gold per battle instead on sandbox this way you can keep check of the numbers of the commited players who ARE testing and see their feed back is righteous....

t8z5h3 #22 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 16:51

Captain

• -Players-
  • 43840 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD
Don’t nerf the slots for lower tiers!

RagnarokBazil #23 Posted Jun 24 2020 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27311 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View Postt8z5h3, on Jun 24 2020 - 10:51, said:

Don’t nerf the slots for lower tiers!

seal clubber.. tier 1 and 2 crews wont die from being shot and repair quickly.. and fully repaired..

dman8551 #24 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 00:03

Private

• Players
  • 45104 battles
WOT is constantly bringing more decals, inscriptions and camo patterns to allow you to customize the tank's appearance. but now they want to  reduce the amount of customization as far as equipment is concerned. As far as i'm concerned we should be going in the other direction and allow us to put as much equipment on as the weight limit allows. Cosmetic changes are meaningless, since if you turn off non-historical nobody will see the changes. Everyone of my tanks that can fir them has vents on them, including my tier ones. I have almost a year in premium left on my account, but if i can't set my tanks the way i want, i'll find another game to play. The reason i don't do the missions where the tank  is provided is i don't like playing blind tanks.As far as new players not being able to afford the equipment, there is a simple solution. Reduce the cost.  

Jesse_the_Scout #25 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 00:12

Captain

• Players
  • 40254 battles
This is way better than the first iteration. In fact, just ship it, it's done.

ShadowDancer27 #26 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 00:58

Major

• Players
  • 34838 battles

View Postcoconut2011, on Jun 23 2020 - 16:17, said:

Some of the changes are really interesting.  Combining multiple weak modules to make one more useful module is definitely a good thing to make them far more competitive.

Turbocharger appears to be very effective now with the effect of both AFT and ART (i.e. forward and reverse max speed increase).  I can imagine that they are now far more useful on slow tanks.  Previously, the AFT and ART alone were just not good enough.  Taking two module slots (i.e. Turbocharger + AFT) would be a major waste.  So this is now a lot more enticing for tanks T95, FV4005, and even possibly Super Conqueror.

Improved Configuration is very enticing as well for tanks like T95.

You picked up on he same two as I did.

On the downside some tanks need and role is different from their class:

The siege TDs should get survivability

The heaviums aren't likely to use their survivability slot

Unique tanks like the KV-2 don't fit the pattern

It does look like they made it less complex and the consolidation of niche boosts combine for an appealing use of a slot.

Overall I am most intrigued speeding up my Maus and T95 as a way to be more relevant in more matches.

Next up is the scout build options.

The frustrating decision will be bond equipment, suppose you want to use rammer, turbo and improved configuration on T95 and have a bond rammer...what is the game plan?

1ST_AD_Abrams #27 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 05:45

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8543 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I would have said the following on the tanks

Heavy - speed (engine power), sighting, some sort of counter to lt only (this one I don't think there is any way to do this).  Heavies are already designed to be survivalable, hence why they have the best armor.

Medium Tanks - this one I would say is a universal type.  It could always use a little more protection but with the engine power to prevent loss of speed and those with slower speeds a way to move a wee bit faster, always improve their vision (not to the light tank level but a little closer than now)  Firepower wise not much to change.  So the mediums should be able to improve at a small % the three main factors in tanks that determine how they are built (actually this is taken from what Main Battle Tanks like the M1, T80/90, LeClerc, Challenger 2, Leopard 2XX (xx for the diffferent model))

Performance/mobility - firepower - protection

Light Tanks - They need to justify their speed and scouting ability.  Not say nerf light tanks but require for example better shock absorber and reinforced under carriage (I am not a car person so my terms might be wrong) to justify their in air antics since any vehicle needs that (for example when I got my USMC license to drive Hummers and any Vehicle up to 1 1/4 tons, we were taught, told and warned over and over this is not a dune buggy, that if you don't land on all 4 wheels and instead only on 1, you will be somewhere in the middle of a box like crunch of the Humvee, so Light Tanks need to invest to prevent damage of course that will affect speed, so speed need to be maintained by a engine adjustment, scouting gear or pain in the rear - they travel really too fast to spot especially tanks in ambush and since there aren't computers or IR or other sensors in tanks like we have now they should perhaps have to put on the dedicated suite of things that make them really good spotters, sort of a trade off between scouting/spotting, jack of all trades (meaning they won't be the best scout or the best pain in the rear) or a pain in the rear with less spotting ability.

Tank Destroyers - Protection, speed, beyond that some might say improved ammo loading, protection of stores, armor protection 

SPG's - This one I can't provide anything as I have only used one twice in 8000 plus battles.  I know one person who does spg's said when they go to range firing they lose the ability to see what is going on around them in terms of threats, I would think that they could have someone be looking around to keep an eye out, but beyond that I can't fairly say what SPG's should or shouldn't get.

Hybrids - I don't know if there are tanks that fit the "hybrid" definition, like a medium tank that has good spotting or has stronger armor protection like a heavy or a powerful gun equal to a heavy, speed like a scout.  I can't say anything about which tanks could fit this description as I am not an expert on WoT designs and what is considered a hybrid.

With the specific slots where if you don't put in that slots predesigned use (like Surivability) you don't get the bonus, perhaps add one universal slot that can take any type of module and still give the bonus.  Could always make this a 4th optional slot that they have to sacrifice one of the specified slots so they keep it at 3 not 4.

pyrobomber #28 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 10:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 5617 battles
  • [MSFIT] MSFIT

I have similar thoughts to many of these comments. First off, make the first slot variable, because tanks like the Maus might want more firepower that survivability, or a medium wanting more survivability, such as the Patton. Second, get a better incentive than 1 premium day for hours of battles. Maybe give 10,000 (I'm just putting a number out) gold or lots of credits. Also, I think the old "Gun rammer, crew ventilation, and vertical stabilizer will be around. Maybe change those more to fit with the other new pieces of equipment.

And one last thing, I like the wheel vehicle debuff plan, but other vehicles like the defender need debuffs while the t110e5 need buffs. work on more stuff. but you are going in the right direction.

mlcoop11 #29 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 18:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 29393 battles
  • [HAIL_] HAIL_
I'm not sure I like the demounting options for binocs, tool box and camo net. I suggest those 3 items remain free to demount. Also, it's basically impossible to test the low tiers, nobody is playing those. Maybe next time, implement missions for low tiers?

Edited by mlcoop11, Jun 27 2020 - 14:57.

mercurio_44 #30 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 20:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2533 battles

ME PARECE QUE SE LES PASO UN TERRIBLE ERROR POR ALTO ;  NO PUSIERON LOS BOTONES EN EL GARAJE PARA CAMBIAR DE CAÑON TORRETA ORUGAS ETC . QUISE PONER EL CAÑON NUEVO QUE COMPRE Y PAGUE:: Y NO ENCONTRE BOTONES PARA ACTUALIZAR O CAMBIAR DE CAÑON ::: EL RESTO PARECEN BUENAS MEJORAS:.

3rdMoos #31 Posted Jun 25 2020 - 23:36

Private

• Players
  • 55874 battles
  • [FURHQ] FURHQ

UGH, yes i wanted changes to equipment...and i been ignoring other changes over the years that makes this game more of a joke. e.g. no friendly fire, cant talk to the opposition in game...smh

BUT THIS IS NOT THE CHANGES I WAS HOPING AND DREAMING OF TO HAPPEN WITH EQUIPMENT!

This just makes me hope and be looking harder for a "replacement" to this game from another developer.

Hampton_Roads #32 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 00:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 4790 battles
  • [VDLS] VDLS

my opinion has not changed.   Stop messing with the equipment all together.   It is by far the least broken thing about the game.   figure out something to do with the wheeled vehicles, before they make the game unplayable.  you could easily make them their own class and limit them to one per team per match.  maybe make it so that when they get hit they react as if they are what they are " lightly armored vehicles , much closer to a pickup truck than a tank.   

you could also make new maps like Berlin to change the game dynamic. 

this equipment change kind of feels like going to the doctor with a broken leg and coming home with a haircut and an arm sling.  

and furthermore    why in the world would i waste my time testing a stupid change  on the sandbox  when the only thing i get out of it is less than 5 dollars worth of premium time.   come on Wot we are doing your work for you when we test these changes be a little more gracious with your compensation to the players that are willing to help you... after all you can sell a bunch of pixels to us later  in the form of the next op premium tank  and make millions from selling thin air.   

In short fix the real problems and don't be greedy 

Mike_d_gimp #33 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 06:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 701 battles
  • [-BAM-] -BAM-
I'm frustrated solely because I've not found it possible to log into a game.  I've lost count of the 5 min. shutdowns I've been through.  Not sure how I can be helpful if I can't experiment playing.

GWyatt #34 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 13:44

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5417 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostMike_d_gimp, on Jun 26 2020 - 00:37, said:

I'm frustrated solely because I've not found it possible to log into a game.  I've lost count of the 5 min. shutdowns I've been through.  Not sure how I can be helpful if I can't experiment playing.

I'm guessing that you are not trying to play tier 10 on the Sandbox server, which is all that is available as that is all players but a few testing will play. As much as some might dislike it, it would be great if they ran bots in the low and middle tiers on the Sandbox so that one could test those tiers also.

presario410 #35 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 14:04

Private

• Players
  • 16740 battles
  • [SHAM] SHAM
Equipment should not just increase the tank stats, it should decrease some stats. Otherwise, you will see a lot of crazy builds.

Da_Craw #36 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 15:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 28672 battles
  • [GOLB] GOLB

View PostAvalon304, on Jun 23 2020 - 16:56, said:

Will still change nothing about what the best equipment choices are:

Normal tanks: Rammer/Vstab and either Vents or Optics

Tank Destroyers: Rammer/Improved Rotation and either Vents or Optics.

SPGs: Rammer/Improved Rotation/EGLD (or Vents if you can take vents).

These changes are a solution to a problem that does not exist.

As you note, there is currently only one real decision to make on EQ; Vents or Optics. That IS a problem.  It effectively means there is no choice on all the other equipment.  Meaningful choices are the cornerstone of good game design.  If you are going to bother to have EQ slots at all, then you need multiple viable options.  WG should continue to tweak the equipment until people are really torn about which way to go on multiple pieces of equipment.   

nat1245 #37 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 16:31

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28259 battles
  • [HIVE1] HIVE1

View Postmlcoop11, on Jun 25 2020 - 18:23, said:

I'm not sure I like the demounting options for binocs, tool box and camo net. I suggest those 3 items remain free to demount. 

i agree is this is money grab for F2P . or you should stop sayimg WOT/WOWS/WOP are F2P - this one will make a nice case for lawyers from accross world to sue and block WOT  for  mis leading advertising . 

and also will reduce player ( including me)  from playing and casually spend $ . 

slayer6 #38 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 21:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15022 battles

Oh JOY...

They made it worse...

Here's an idea: 

DON'T

mercurio_44 #39 Posted Jun 27 2020 - 19:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2533 battles

HACE DIA JUEGO EL MODO DE PRUEBA DE SANDBOX 2.0: Compre un cañon mejor y no puedo cambiarlo porque no esta el boton de cambiar cañon.

*Podria saberse donde pusieron el BOTON del GARAJE de todos los MODULOS como el que se usa para cambiar de "Cañones" ?

*NO CAMBIEN EL ACCESO DIRECTO A LOS BOTONES DE MODULOS: SERIA UN ERROR NO PODER ELEGIR LOS MODULOS QUE QUEREMOS...

MartysTank #40 Posted Jun 30 2020 - 13:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18996 battles
Meta's will still be a thing and these changes seem aimed at milking money.

Also tagged with KRZY, Sandbox, test, testing, equipment

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users