How the heck can you even do things in this "sandbox"?

sandbox testing novice Ver 2 how to matchmaking

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

C257_Tanks #1 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 20:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 959 battles

Greetings from a fairly new player.  (I feel I've progressed thus far to novice, which in my way of looking at it is one level above "noob" )

What I've seen so far in the sandbox I dislike strongly, but I won't rant here.  What I do want to ask is how do you even get anything done in the sandbox, how can you try anything out?  You get some gold but they're no stock of tanks you can buy with gold.  And I start with just these Lvl 1 tanks (and they're stupidly taking away add-ons for those tanks). And the worst is, I've been trying to get a match for over an hour and it always times out.  I mean I can paint my level 1 tanks, but wth.....

Oldpinetree #2 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 20:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 10035 battles
Is it like the test server? If so you should have a pile of free xp to spend as well. Cop up to the tier 10s, that’s all anybody plays on those things.

jeb2 #3 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 20:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 57801 battles
  • [HU] HU

I like to play US arty.  

Usually every other player is RU, so I tell them to consider my fire support Lend Lease.

omi5cron #4 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 20:40

Major

• Players
  • 27791 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ
in Sandbox,you only hae what was on your real account (when its image was created) for creds/gold/exp. its NOT like Common Test,where they give you tons of spendable stuff. this seems very silly...since the point of Sandbox was to test Equipment 2.0 that stuff is NOT cheap,so unless your REAL account was Scrooge McDucks,your ability to buy/test equipment is limited...so any TESTING is limited.

GWyatt #5 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 21:13

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5417 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostC257_Tanks, on Jun 26 2020 - 14:27, said:

Greetings from a fairly new player.  (I feel I've progressed thus far to novice, which in my way of looking at it is one level above "noob" )

What I've seen so far in the sandbox I dislike strongly, but I won't rant here.  What I do want to ask is how do you even get anything done in the sandbox, how can you try anything out?  You get some gold but they're no stock of tanks you can buy with gold.  And I start with just these Lvl 1 tanks (and they're stupidly taking away add-ons for those tanks). And the worst is, I've been trying to get a match for over an hour and it always times out.  I mean I can paint my level 1 tanks, but wth.....

First and foremost, players on Sandbox only play tier 10, so if you don't have tier 10, you are NEVER going to get a match. I wish they'd put bots in up to tier 6 at least so all tiers could be tested/tried out.

Second, there is absolutely no reason to put anything on a tier 1 tank in the Sandbox, your crew and modules do not take damage, so what would be the point.

C257_Tanks #6 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 22:55

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 959 battles

View Postomi5cron, on Jun 26 2020 - 20:40, said:

in Sandbox,you only hae what was on your real account (when its image was created) for creds/gold/exp. its NOT like Common Test,where they give you tons of spendable stuff. this seems very silly...since the point of Sandbox was to test Equipment 2.0 that stuff is NOT cheap,so unless your REAL account was Scrooge McDucks,your ability to buy/test equipment is limited...so any TESTING is limited.

That makes some sense yet how do you know "when its image was created" because I joined with a pretty good joining code so my account was never this bad.  All I got is all Lvl 1 tanks (and I sold some of those pretty quick, I only kept about a third of them on my real login).  So its still confusing.

GWyatt #7 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 5417 battles
  • [VAN] VAN

View PostC257_Tanks, on Jun 26 2020 - 16:55, said:

That makes some sense yet how do you know "when its image was created" because I joined with a pretty good joining code so my account was never this bad.  All I got is all Lvl 1 tanks (and I sold some of those pretty quick, I only kept about a third of them on my real login).  So its still confusing.

For the common test it seems to be 5 to 7 days before they start the test. I would guess it is about the same on the Sandbox. How do I know about how long, I had made substantial changes to a couple of crews about 5-6 days before the common test started and they were still the same.

Trauglodyte #8 Posted Jun 26 2020 - 23:17

Major

• -Players-
  • 25887 battles
  • [GSH] GSH

View Postomi5cron, on Jun 26 2020 - 20:40, said:

You don't even really have that.  I unlocked a tank or two, over the past 2-3 weeks, and they're not unlocked, on the Sand Box.  I also have 32 million credits but, over there, I only have like 21 million.  They port things over, at a certain time.  Even with this being a new update, they're still only using the mirror from this last go around.

jeb2 #9 Posted Jun 27 2020 - 01:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 57801 battles
  • [HU] HU
In the Equipment 2.0 sandbox, I have played tiers as low as 6 and as high as 10.

SquiggyMcPew #10 Posted Jun 27 2020 - 02:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 91 battles
If the point of the sandbox is to test the new equipment then it doesn't make sense to not give at least a pile of credits to do the testing. Not an issue for me but iirc wg has said that the overwhelming majority of accounts have under a million credits.

oldewolfe #11 Posted Jun 27 2020 - 10:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 27703 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Test Servers can be 2 Weeks OR MORE Behind your Regular Client, upwards of a Month I think mine has been Behind....     It all depends on When they do their Updates between the Game Client and the Test Client...

They all give you Gold to 20K, Credits to 100 Million and XP to 100 Million to get your Tanks for Testing if there's something Outside your regular Garage you wanna Use....    However, as said Earlier, for some reason most everyone goes for the End Game Tanks to Test the Newest Mechanics and not the Meat and Potatoes Tiers that ought to be Tested....     This has several Effects and None of Which are Good really...

First, New Players like yourself are Forced into Tiers you don't really need to be In, and even on the Test Server this makes it Harder to get a Good read on the Changes both for WG as well as Yourself....    Spending all Day Back in the Garage because you lasted 30 Sec's to a Minute doesn't get any Testing done at all, let alone give you a Chance to REALLY See any Effect of the New Changes, in this Case the Equipment 2.0 Changes....     It also Limits the AMOUNT of testing you can Do and in How Many Tanks because those Higher Tier Tanks WILL Deplete the Credits and Free XP they give you in a Hurry...

Second, since all the Games are High Tiered, those are the ONLY Tiers they get a "Final Assessment" for and the Lower Tiers get whatever they get and occasionally that Works OK, but Mostly it doesn't....     I do KINDA like the Bot Filler Idea for the Test Server at the Lower Tiers, but the Bots also have all the Mechanics in the Game Programmed into them, and New Players are STILL Learning them so that can still be a Harsh Experience for them, but at least they can Get Lower Tiered Games in as can the More Experienced Players wanting to actually Test the Game Changes and not Drive the Top Tiers because they Finally Can....    It would allow for a Better Cross Section if Results that way at the very least, but until then this is what we're stuck with....

The Upside though is the test Servers are No Harm, No Foul Tanking....     So, what Happens on Test, Stays Test and it IS a Valuable Tool for both Players AND WG alike...    But they need to do something to keep Players to Testing the Mechanics more than just Tooling About in Tanks...      Warships Testing gives you Basically a Target Tier they want Used, my First Test there was in Tier 6 Ships and this Latest is both Tier 6 AND Tier 8 and they still give you the Resources to use Other Ships, but you have no Issues getting Games in the Target Tiers...      So even this might not be a Bad way to Go in Tanks either, at least you'd get a Spread of how the Changes Effect other Tiers and not just the Top one's...

C257_Tanks #12 Posted Jun 28 2020 - 16:06

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 959 battles

View Postoldewolfe, on Jun 27 2020 - 10:47, said:

Test Servers can be 2 Weeks OR MORE Behind your Regular Client, upwards of a Month I think mine has been Behind....     It all depends on When they do their Updates between the Game Client and the Test Client...

They all give you Gold to 20K, Credits to 100 Million and XP to 100 Million to get your Tanks for Testing if there's something Outside your regular Garage you wanna Use....    However, as said Earlier, for some reason most everyone goes for the End Game Tanks to Test the Newest Mechanics and not the Meat and Potatoes Tiers that ought to be Tested....     This has several Effects and None of Which are Good really...

First, New Players like yourself are Forced into Tiers you don't really need to be In, and even on the Test Server this makes it Harder to get a Good read on the Changes both for WG as well as Yourself....    Spending all Day Back in the Garage because you lasted 30 Sec's to a Minute doesn't get any Testing done at all, let alone give you a Chance to REALLY See any Effect of the New Changes, in this Case the Equipment 2.0 Changes....     It also Limits the AMOUNT of testing you can Do and in How Many Tanks because those Higher Tier Tanks WILL Deplete the Credits and Free XP they give you in a Hurry...

Second, since all the Games are High Tiered, those are the ONLY Tiers they get a "Final Assessment" for and the Lower Tiers get whatever they get and occasionally that Works OK, but Mostly it doesn't....     I do KINDA like the Bot Filler Idea for the Test Server at the Lower Tiers, but the Bots also have all the Mechanics in the Game Programmed into them, and New Players are STILL Learning them so that can still be a Harsh Experience for them, but at least they can Get Lower Tiered Games in as can the More Experienced Players wanting to actually Test the Game Changes and not Drive the Top Tiers because they Finally Can....    It would allow for a Better Cross Section if Results that way at the very least, but until then this is what we're stuck with....

The Upside though is the test Servers are No Harm, No Foul Tanking....     So, what Happens on Test, Stays Test and it IS a Valuable Tool for both Players AND WG alike...    But they need to do something to keep Players to Testing the Mechanics more than just Tooling About in Tanks...      Warships Testing gives you Basically a Target Tier they want Used, my First Test there was in Tier 6 Ships and this Latest is both Tier 6 AND Tier 8 and they still give you the Resources to use Other Ships, but you have no Issues getting Games in the Target Tiers...      So even this might not be a Bad way to Go in Tanks either, at least you'd get a Spread of how the Changes Effect other Tiers and not just the Top one's...

Good stuff, thank you.

But this sandbox, all they've given me is gold and tier one tanks.  I can't do s**t except spend my gold on paint.  I'm keep it clean and say, what the heck?  And this is the sandbox that's testing the elimination of add on equipment for tier 1 (which I don't like, but that's off the topic of this tread).  So I paint...  Silly,, isn't it?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users