Arty artillery T55a campaign

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

coconut2011 #21 Posted Jun 29 2020 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 71265 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

OP, you need to be quite specific for the stunning missions because there are so many of them

Other than SPG-15.4 /w Honors, PM1 arty missions are generally very easy.  It is more about getting the right MM and right map than anything else.  Basically, you want a very long game on Prok / Malinovka etc.  That said, good arties like M44(USA tier 6), M53/M55(USA tier 9), CGC (UK tier 10), and 261 (USSR tier 10) are better at these missions.

For PM2 Alliance-9.3, that mission is best done using FV3805 with the stock gun.

coconut2011 #22 Posted Jun 29 2020 - 20:00

Major

• Players
  • 71265 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostSgtRhemus, on Jun 29 2020 - 08:37, said:

Interesting choice about the gun.

What crew skills are recommended ?

I just have BIA, Camo and Snapshot trained at the moment.

BIA, 6th sense, snapshot are good enough in general to maximize the DPM, aiming and survival.  This is the basic 2-skill arty crew would look like.

Designated target is pretty useful for making the target you are aiming visible a bit longer.

Camo is really only needed for getting the last shot out while enemy scout is rapidly approaching.  So while it is important, it is not important.  A lot of high tier arties have very poor base camo, so the skill does not help that much.  You can equip camo net and use the natural cover directive if you feel strongly about it.

If you are driving a fairly fast arty, you can consider having SA, Call for Vengeance in case your arty needs to be a spotter in the end game.  However, most arties have commander being the radioman.  So these are long shots unless you get 6 skill crews.

If you really like a particular arty and plan to play it a lot, Mentor is a good skill to train up your crews a bit faster to get that 3-4 skill crews (mostly gunner).  Of course it will cost more gold to retrain couple times.  These days though, crew books are much more cost effective.  If you play arty reasonably well, you can make a lot of credits, so it is not a big issue.

Edited by coconut2011, Jun 29 2020 - 20:01.

RedneckMech911 #23 Posted Jun 29 2020 - 21:33

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2694 battles

My M44 is my main credit maker. I just drained my credits moving from the M12 to the next tier. So, it's going to be "death from above" for awhile until I can build my bank back up.

Back to the OP, not sure where you're falling in the campaigns, but I completed all SPG missions with the M44. Granted, I'm still on the first level...

Rocker_Box #24 Posted Jun 29 2020 - 21:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10858 battles

O.P. if your like me it's hard to do get a stun mission done. When, you can finish a one shot, and ensure a win for your team!

Myself I always go for the win, trusting that the mission will sooner or later take care of it's self.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users