EBR Rant stupid wargaming

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Louiesssss #1 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 13:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 15343 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH

It's incredible the way Wargaming handles all of their situations regarding unbalance within the game. As the example of EBR, Chieftain and 279e... but especially EBR [edited].

Time and time again you see unbalance in the game and those weakminded people hide behind a mindset that doesn't only alienate their customer base but is just plain stupid. This kind of weak behavior. Yes they talked about rebalancing bla bla bla... It takes them literally 6-12 months for a change to happen.... and then it's not even sure it happens..... Nothing happens with is4, e100, etc..... But yes we want to change the italian line......

I understand that you are a company to make money but I will guarantee that you will and would have made a [edited]ton more money if you just got your head of your behind and starting thinking logically...

FIX STUFF SHORT TERM, ITS SUPER EASY... JUST DO IT (Nike)

Suicidal_Enemy #2 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 14:33

Major

• Players
  • 50324 battles

I just gave up and left the game, not worth the stress.

I do like watching other people pain tho :trollface:

General_Lee_Miserable #3 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 14:54

Major

• -Players-
  • 11565 battles

This is why I mostly play ships these days, although the recent additions of Battle Pass and other things have brought me back to playing tanks a bit. While ships can also release rather OP vehicles, they do eventually address them, either through nerf or just retiring the vehicle completely from sale. The tanks team could learn a LOT from how ships handles these matters. 

I think people feel better about unbalanced vehicles if they have a shot at getting them too. Ships got this right with the steel currency and creating many ways to obtain it that do not involve clan wars. The complaining about strong reward vehicles has been a lot less since they opened up the availability of steel to everyone. 

In short, ships gets it right and tanks fails at this stuff. 

jackbatt04 #4 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7042 battles
  • [WPP] WPP

1. People want lights to scout in games 

2. WG gives them a line that can 

3. People complain about it being “OP” 

4. People want it to be nerfed so it can’t spot anymore
error_404 file LOGIC.exe not found 

attempting to replace LOGIC.exe

task failed 

deleting system 32 

NiteDog #5 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:28

Major

• Players
  • 31507 battles
The outrageous realities of life overshadow the absurdities in this game. Both are chaotic even though many try valiantly to bring order to them. This game has an attraction to it that even many, that say they quit, still come to this forum and post responses. WG contributes to the chaos, this I agree. Also, I agree with many of the OPs concerns and have so for many years. Yet, after all these years I still play and enjoy it. Go Figure.

Edited by NiteDog, Jul 04 2020 - 15:29.

GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

I like my EBRs. When I play them, they are not OP at all. They are a lot of fun, though.

They better not nerf the tier 8 PREMIUM FL10 that I paid dollars for !!

1919Eternal #7 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:46

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 65506 battles
  • [PRO_S] PRO_S
The one thing they need to do is fix all of the no damage shots that hit.  It's difficult enough to hit but when you do and it is just a critical hit, that is very frustrating.  

ShadowDancer27 #8 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:48

Major

• Players
  • 36935 battles

I took the premium out for several games finally and while I was horribad I have first hand experience of what is broken.

1) On maps with key crossings and approaches to engagement areas it can at little risk screw up tanks that do anything but turtle from the start.  You wonder why people camp, that is why they camp.

2) I had trouble getting auto locks because I am bad.  It is a simple enough mechanic so not a high ceiling skill.  It's ability to hit long range shots while going 75 kph over uneven terrain is beyond broken...Hit rate at over 350 meters while bouncing around exceeded the full aimed ability of a stationary Even 90.  It should bloom like a casement TD traversing or worse and never settle in like it does.

3) In every game there was an opposing EBR balance so...  The "well the win rate is only about 50%" justification is broke right there.  The two games I didn't play like an idiot were the two my team won.  It was only 7 matches but it is telling that the win/loss result 100% correlated to the EBR vs EBR result.

4) I would need to do some math, but hitting X and turning at speed is by my estimation about a 15g sideforce manuever.  This isn't a sim but that is cartoonishly unrealistic.

5) Plenty ofundeserved "bounces"

RHeadshot #9 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 15:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10724 battles

View Postjackbatt04, on Jul 04 2020 - 15:24, said:

task failed

deleting system 32

You're confusing separate things.  Scout vehicles aren't OP, but WG doesn't make any scout vehicles anymore.  WG makes all lights and clown cars strong enough to fight heavies and tds, which is absurd.

power_Donky #10 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 16:10

Major

• Players
  • 32637 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

View Postjackbatt04, on Jul 04 2020 - 06:24, said:

task failed 

deleting system 32 

hence, people should stop complaining about lights scouting

Jryder #11 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 16:36

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 14117 battles

View Postjackbatt04, on Jul 04 2020 - 06:24, said:

task failed 

deleting system 32 

The absolute least of Wheelie issues is their scouting abilities. We had LT scouts before and they are now rendered useless. "Scouts aren't scouting" and "we need tiny, warp speed vehicles with cheat targeting and ROFL rubber armor" are two completely unrelated things.

One is an opinion on how players play.

The other is a game-breaking POS.

ThaneTyrian #12 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 17:08

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18678 battles
I think if they just did away with auto-lock for EBRs that would bring them back to reality.  It'd be more than fair to make them slow down to repair their tires too.  I don't really mind them the way they ARE (I don't play them), but I'd like to see these two "nerfs".

bake3020 #13 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 17:32

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-

View PostGeneral_Lee_Miserable, on Jul 04 2020 - 13:54, said:

This is why I mostly play ships these days, although the recent additions of Battle Pass and other things have brought me back to playing tanks a bit. While ships can also release rather OP vehicles, they do eventually address them, either through nerf or just retiring the vehicle completely from sale. The tanks team could learn a LOT from how ships handles these matters. 

I think people feel better about unbalanced vehicles if they have a shot at getting them too. Ships got this right with the steel currency and creating many ways to obtain it that do not involve clan wars. The complaining about strong reward vehicles has been a lot less since they opened up the availability of steel to everyone. 

In short, ships gets it right and tanks fails at this stuff. 

Warships is no different anymore than tanks.  It used to be but now anew mindset has taken over and all they want it money, money, money, money, money,  money, money, money, money and if it means outright screwing their player base, then that's just fine.  It's the russian mentality.

bake3020 #14 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 17:34

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles
  • [-BAT-] -BAT-

View PostThaneTyrian, on Jul 04 2020 - 16:08, said:

I think if they just did away with auto-lock for EBRs that would bring them back to reality.  It'd be more than fair to make them slow down to repair their tires too.  I don't really mind them the way they ARE (I don't play them), but I'd like to see these two "nerfs".

Every vehicle, in this game needs that auto aim.  It's an auto aim that is banned for us to go out and get but it's fine for them to introduce it into the game in an OP piece of garbage.

SlappedbyPatton #15 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 17:48

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28906 battles

View PostSuicidal_Enemy, on Jul 04 2020 - 08:33, said:

I just gave up and left the game, not worth the stress.

I do like watching other people pain tho :trollface:

^ Agreed, I think i Have 30k games played ...or close too ...did the Clan war thing ...was the most fun ...but playing since Beta... the WOT "hamster wheel" .... stopped for me... to many other good games to play.

And most of all the ERB fiasco / and a new Russian tank being release every other week ... was the last straw...

Who know maybe ill return ... I can say WOWS has been fun and another plane/tank game is just so much of a refreshing change.

Good luck Hamsters!

Reichmonk #16 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 17:53

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31907 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View Postbake3020, on Jul 04 2020 - 16:32, said:

all they want it money, money, money, money, money,  money, money, money, money 

I could swear you were describing capitalism, but you know better

djb_95 #17 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 18:43

Major

• Players
  • 97647 battles
  • [T-GBU] T-GBU

View PostShadowDancer27, on Jul 04 2020 - 08:48, said:

I took the premium out for several games finally and while I was horribad I have first hand experience of what is broken.

1) On maps with key crossings and approaches to engagement areas it can at little risk screw up tanks that do anything but turtle from the start.  You wonder why people camp, that is why they camp.

2) I had trouble getting auto locks because I am bad.  It is a simple enough mechanic so not a high ceiling skill.  It's ability to hit long range shots while going 75 kph over uneven terrain is beyond broken...Hit rate at over 350 meters while bouncing around exceeded the full aimed ability of a stationary Even 90.  It should bloom like a casement TD traversing or worse and never settle in like it does.

3) In every game there was an opposing EBR balance so...  The "well the win rate is only about 50%" justification is broke right there.  The two games I didn't play like an idiot were the two my team won.  It was only 7 matches but it is telling that the win/loss result 100% correlated to the EBR vs EBR result.

4) I would need to do some math, but hitting X and turning at speed is by my estimation about a 15g sideforce manuever.  This isn't a sim but that is cartoonishly unrealistic.

5) Plenty ofundeserved "bounces"

That is the core of the problem. The EBR's decide the game. As an over-generalization, teams sit back, scatter every which way, hug the red lines, and wait a few minutes to see how the EBR vs EBR battle plays out. If your EBRs win, your team wins. If your EBRs lose, your team loses. If they play to a draw, you can start playing 'normally' only with several minutes gone from your remaining playtime.

Edited by djb_95, Jul 04 2020 - 18:43.

GeneralButtBuster #18 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 19:15

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1951 battles
  • [P-W] P-W

View Postjackbatt04, on Jul 04 2020 - 15:24, said:

task failed 

deleting system 32 

You post this on every wheelee thread, and every time someone states how wrong it is, and then you just go ahead and copy paste it again without replying. It gets old.

Brynar #19 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 20:39

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15002 battles
  • [XFBI] XFBI
I hope they actually follow through with the changes to the dynamics of the clown cars. Slow them down when suspension is damaged. However, it is not enough. To make tracked LTs viable they need to either do away with the aimbot the wheelies have or give them to LTs as well. Some players say all tanks should have the aimbot, but that's pretty shortsighted I think. Bring the tracked LTs back in the game and make it fair.

jackbatt04 #20 Posted Jul 04 2020 - 20:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7042 battles
  • [WPP] WPP

View PostGeneralButtBuster, on Jul 04 2020 - 19:15, said:

You post this on every wheelee thread, and every time someone states how wrong it is, and then you just go ahead and copy paste it again without replying. It gets old.

that’s because it’s funny as crapand it makes my day

Also tagged with EBR, Rant, stupid, wargaming

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users