Mod hub review team have any NA workers?

mods review times

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

TomatoSauceHero #1 Posted Jul 10 2020 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 56423 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

I have been a part of it since 1st release in the EU.   But seeing as it never really took off I was wondering what the priority of the mod hub had in wg as i know with my own pains of use most updates will be rejected simply due to sitting in review and another patch comes and in some years wg dropped muti patches within weeks of one another. 

So is that job the one nobody wants to do or is it assigned to those in the dog box of the company?  As a mod user and pack builder, I can see why many of the others choose to skip the hub and do their own thing. 

:honoring:

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Jul 10 2020 - 15:58

Major

• Game Knowledge Expert
  • 13378 battles

The mod hub is terrible. It lacks almost all of the needed features, and is stupidly slow. Most modders I know are either removing their mods, or refusing to post them there due to the state its in. Its just easier to have it in one spot, like github, and not faf with the mod hub.

I dont think WG really did any research into what it takes to make a good mod hosting site, and doesnt take feedback about it. You cant even submit tickets about issues.

TomatoSauceHero #3 Posted Jul 10 2020 - 16:48

Major

• Players
  • 56423 battles
  • [REBEL] REBEL

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 10 2020 - 09:58, said:

The mod hub is terrible. It lacks almost all of the needed features, and is stupidly slow. Most modders I know are either removing their mods, or refusing to post them there due to the state its in. Its just easier to have it in one spot, like github, and not faf with the mod hub.

I dont think WG really did any research into what it takes to make a good mod hosting site, and doesnt take feedback about it. You cant even submit tickets about issues.

sad too when u think the last 10 or so good options to the game came from mods and the next 40 will likely follow. ud think they would show better support for those that are pumping in free content and ideas to carry the game into future.. 

SpinOut1 #4 Posted Jul 10 2020 - 20:05

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 41596 battles

I've used the mod hub and enjoy using mods in general; however, the frequency of patches and updates makes it untenable. It seems there is some patch or update from WG every other week that makes my game freeze/crash. Then I have to stop, delete the mod, go to the hub and reinstall. I wouldn't mind it once every 3 or 4 months, but every other week is a pain.

Fortunately, (as noted above) most of the better mods have been subsumed by WG. Some of the other mods I use are vision-based (white dead tanks, trains, etc) that help my poor eyesight or are just a matter of preference (sound effects, cross-hairs, etc.), which I can do without but would prefer to be able to use.

I do appreciate all that modders do and wish I had that much time and programming ability. I am also glad that the hub is default site for what is/isn't legal.

Maggz #5 Posted Jul 15 2020 - 21:11

Captain

• Players
  • 40832 battles
  • [STRNG] STRNG
i for one dont even understand why wargaming cant just implement my mod into its system already, i literally wrote 5 lines of code and nothing else to make it so i had more than 2 lines of tank carousel, i had to add in 15 more lines of code just to make it user adjustable thru a config, if i felt like trying to tie it into the already there GUI it would be alot more coding which i dont care to do to update every patch, but really the base is already there for multiple lines support wargaming just doesnt do it. I personally hate xvm and the other option out there as it does WAY too many other things that i dont care to have done. wargaming logic just doesnt seem to exist.

Also tagged with mods, review, times

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users