Incoming! Equipment Sandbox results are in.

KRZY sandbox results check it out

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 16:39

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4628 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

The results for the Sandbox equipment can be found HERE.

So many things for some new equipment changes. 

Don't waste your time on reading this just go to that link up there!

The_Illusive_Man #2 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 16:48

Major

• -Players-
  • 13378 battles

Posted Image

THIS CAN NOT BE ADDED. This will break the game. Also, it seems you didnt take any feedback from the community. Its the same as when it was originally introduced. And it will not achieve the wanted effect.

I think the equipment rework misses its entire purpose: To make unique builds. To this end, I propose this: Use the current firepower, spotting, ect system, add a "universal" slot for where you can equip anything not already equipped, and then have the slot counts be based on tank type + tier. Examples:

TD: 3 Firepower, 1 universal
Scout: 3 Scouting, 1 Universal
Medium: 1 Scout, 1 Survivability, 1 Firepower, 1 Universal
Heavy: 2 Firepower, 2 survival, 1 Universal
Arty: 2 Firepower, 1 universal

I suggested this on the NA discord. This would be much more likely to achieve what you want.

Casual_Boops #3 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:08

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38495 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

It's not obvious to me what is happening with the equipment on lower tier tanks right now-- previously the plan was to change the existing equipment into the cheaper stuff so it would stay on the tank it was currently mounted on. For me (and others like me) this was an unacceptable change, because if I spent 500k on optics and I put them on a low tier tank, then you turn them into low tier optics worth 50k, you're taking value from me. This is just one example.

What is the new solution to this? The article remains ambiguous.

ashegam #4 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 38339 battles
  • [FELIX] FELIX

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 13 2020 - 11:08, said:

It's not obvious to me what is happening with the equipment on lower tier tanks right now-- previously the plan was to change the existing equipment into the cheaper stuff so it would stay on the tank it was currently mounted on. For me (and others like me) this was an unacceptable change, because if I spent 500k on optics and I put them on a low tier tank, then you turn them into low tier optics worth 50k, you're taking value from me. This is just one example.

This AND why only 30 demounting kits? Why should players with 30+ tanks with gear on them bare the cost of having to remove them? You need to come up with a better solution, I suggest hiring some folks with common sense would be a good start.

KiltedAmerican #5 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles
Welp, time to resurrect my War Thunder acct ... or take-up gardening ...

ThePigSheFlies #6 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles

took a game that was wildly successful by NOT being like other first person shooters and/or MMO's and continue down the stated path of trying to make it like other MMOs...

I feel for you guys in WGNA being forced to try to put a positive spin on everything, I really do.

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 13 2020 - 11:16, said:

my tolerance for bad maps evaporated when I finally got my 279e back in Feb.  since then, I played frontlines, and sheriff accounts where I could pick the maps.

one of the constant top 5 complaints I've seen in games, or on the forums is the maps.  wargaming's answer is to release meh 'half and half maps' and tweak existing maps.  no word on the problem of the way too few maps in the game at any given time, or the fact that many are functionally the same hurrdurr brawling lanes, instead we get sand box testing on ammo they back away from, and now equipment going straight to production after sandbox only testing.  coming soon™ crew 2.0 to fubar things up further, a massive nerf to some other mostly irrelevant tank, and likely a buff to the 279e, I hear giving it wheels will mean it doesn't have to unfairly spend the entire battle perma-tracked by HE  KappaHD....

every day, and every news announcement this company makes, is more and more reasons to NOT fire up the game client. 

I hiked 6½ miles of hills yesterday and it was legit less painful than some of the things I see in store for this game.

KiltedAmerican #7 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:18

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postashegam, on Jul 13 2020 - 11:13, said:

I suggest hiring some folks with common sense would be a good start.

In my experience, dedicated gamers in-charge of anything are absolutely devoid of that capacity

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Jul 14 2020 - 02:54.

rockbutcher #8 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 24159 battles
  • [T-Y-R] T-Y-R

I'd love for them to provide a solid number for the requests from the player base for this.  Of course they wouldn't release the names, nor would anyone believe them.

BOHICA.

heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:28

Major

• Players
  • 77963 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Incoming! Equipment Sandbox Litterbox results are in.

FTFY

So between losing demountable toolboxes, nets and binos and this [stolen litterbox deposits]...

Block Quote

Demount Kits

After the feature is released, you'll have a chance to earn Demount Kits by completing special Daily Missions in Random Battles. In addition, you’ll have the opportunity to get more Demount Kits by purchasing different bundles with Credits. These bundles will be available once per account. Finally, at the same time as the release of the update, all players will receive a number of Demount Kits equivalent to the number of Tier VI–X vehicles in their Garage, but no more than 30 Demount Kits per account.

Not to mention the lack of any information on other questions per some of the above changes/comp to existing set ups. 

So ONE demount per T6-10 vehicle capped out at 30 total.  Someone needs to explain to the General Secretary and the upper level members of both the Politburo and Secretariat how to count.  Granted given how MM and RNG is coded that's no small task.   

stevezaxx #10 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 42295 battles
  • [COD] COD

so.

say i have 140 tanks. some low tier tanks will have been "sharing" some 'simple' equipment, that will now be 'complex' 

some low tier tanks will have fewer equipment slots. some tanks will have equipment that i will want to keep on that tank, but are in the "wrong slot"

and all this is taking effect in 1.10 . which is currently on Common Test... right? I'm still going to want vents/rammer/vert. stab. on my key tanks RIGHT?

so to put all the equipment 2.0 onto the "right" tanks, into the "right" slots i will get 30 count them THIRTY demounts?

so they can get me to buy HOW MUCH gold to move the rest of them? (anybody done any math?)

this linked post seems only to be talking about the latest CHANGES... whats the FULL FINAL DEAL?

Edited by stevezaxx, Jul 13 2020 - 17:34.

Suicidal_Enemy #11 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 50111 battles

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 13 2020 - 12:16, said:

I dug out a garden, looks good too.

Pete_ram #12 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 16500 battles
If I can't demount enough of my equipment for free, and can't continue to freely remove binocs and camo nets I am going to royally pissed. Don't change what isn't broken in those regards. Wargaming I have stuck it out through a lot of bad updates, but this might be the nail in the coffin to go find another game to play and spend money on.

Necrophore #13 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 17:58

Major

• Players
  • 32077 battles
Seriously? Is a "demount everything" script really that hard to write?

nuclearguy931 #14 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:02

Major

• Players
  • 86490 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View Postashegam, on Jul 13 2020 - 11:13, said:

This AND why only 30 demounting kits? Why should players with 30+ tanks with gear on them bare the cost of having to remove them? You need to come up with a better solution, I suggest hiring some folks with common sense would be a good start.

Agreed, I have about 570 tanks in my garage, all the tier 10's in the tech tree, why am I not getting 1 demounting kit per tank? Seems rather unfair.

Arais_Demlant #15 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:06

Corporal

• Players
  • 34101 battles
  • [SPC] SPC

View PostNecrophore, on Jul 13 2020 - 17:58, said:

Seriously? Is a "demount everything" script really that hard to write?

The rational thing to me is that for this update and all the equipment changes they would just demount all equipment for free and let people re-place them as needed. That seems a bit too hard though

Necrophore #16 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:08

Major

• Players
  • 32077 battles

View Poststevezaxx, on Jul 13 2020 - 08:31, said:

say i have 140 tanks. some low tier tanks will have been "sharing" some 'simple' equipment, that will now be 'complex' 

some low tier tanks will have fewer equipment slots. some tanks will have equipment that i will want to keep on that tank, but are in the "wrong slot"

and all this is taking effect in 1.10 . which is currently on Common Test... right? I'm still going to want vents/rammer/vert. stab. on my key tanks RIGHT?

so to put all the equipment 2.0 onto the "right" tanks, into the "right" slots i will get 30 count them THIRTY demounts?

so they can get me to buy HOW MUCH gold to move the rest of them? (anybody done any math?)

3900 gold, $19. SerB thanks you for your loyalty.

I think mine came out to $42 to keep my garage running. The more money we've given them over the years, the more money we owe them now. 

Bring_The_Rain #17 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:08

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 32963 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

Why not just unequip all tanks in the garage after you switch over the equipment? 

That would make a ton more sense for both sides. Since some equipment on tanks is about to be made pointless.

TAKL_82 #18 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25736 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 13 2020 - 17:08, said:

They made it clear the equipment which is on the tank can stay on the tank it is on, no matter what the value but for example if you have coated optics on a tier 3 light which is worth 500.000 credits that coated optics will become a class 1 coated optics worth 600.000 credits. It states it can stay on that tank even so that tank would need a class 3 coated optics as you say which is worth 50.000 credits. Once you take that class 1 coated optics off your tier 3 light you will not be able to equip that to it again as it is obviously for tier 8 - 10 vehicles... There is no loss in value there at all

What is an issue is when you have 120 Binocs currently fitted on your tanks which will all become class 1 binocs. Now the adding of new equipment means some of those tanks may not ever be equipped with binocs again and I do not have many more tanks to get so I will have excess amounts of binocs I have to sell for 300k and I will need more credits to buy the new equipments. Another thing is if I ever take any binocs off my tier 5 - 8 tanks after the update I will never ever be able to put them onto them again as they will be class 1 binocs only suitable for tier 8 - 10 tanks. again I will never need to buy stabilizers, rammers, binocs or coated optics again. If anything Ill have too many Ill have to sell because lets face it I'll properly kit some tanks out with some of the new equipment pieces ...

Badkarma #19 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:19

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

View PostThe_Illusive_Man, on Jul 13 2020 - 16:48, said:

Posted Image

THIS CAN NOT BE ADDED. This will break the game. Also, it seems you didnt take any feedback from the community. Its the same as when it was originally introduced. And it will not achieve the wanted effect.

I think the equipment rework misses its entire purpose: To make unique builds. To this end, I propose this: Use the current firepower, spotting, ect system, add a "universal" slot for where you can equip anything not already equipped, and then have the slot counts be based on tank type + tier. Examples:

TD: 3 Firepower, 1 universal
Scout: 3 Scouting, 1 Universal
Medium: 1 Scout, 1 Survivability, 1 Firepower, 1 Universal
Heavy: 2 Firepower, 2 survival, 1 Universal
Arty: 2 Firepower, 1 universal

I suggested this on the NA discord. This would be much more likely to achieve what you want.

You act surprised. Is this because there have been many, many times over the 9 years or so that i've been playing this when WG solicited feedback and actually took it.....? Just another reason to stop playing this festering pile of poo.

Chivalrous_Veteran #20 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:23

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18509 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR

Uhhhh; Fellow Players ... copied from the Website post (right where you see a picture of coated optics at the bottom of the post)

- Equipment whose class will change compared to the current vehicle class will be indicated by a warning icon. Feel free to use this equipment on this specific tank, but it will not be possible to remount it after demounting. This equipment will be sent to the Depot at the start of the next update.  

The above rule applies only to Tier IV–VII vehicles.

* When the Equipment 2.0 system hits our live servers, all Improved Equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically sent to the Depot.

- I also think maybe this also was missed; but, not by me: hmmmm :

The following types of old equipment will be replaced by new equipment:

OLD EQUIPMENT                                                                                                     NEW EQUIPMENT

"Wet" Ammo Rack
                                                                                                                                Improved Configuration
Cyclone Filter

Fill Tanks with CO2

Toolbox (including Improved and Bounty Equipment)

Enhanced Suspension (all types)                                                                              Improved Hardening

- Hey, that's not too bad; I have a boatload of suspension kits from skipping tracks during my grinds!  Oh boy; free Improved Hardening Kits incoming for me!!!  = - D
And all those Free Toolboxes from Tank Rewards - - Free Improved Configurations incoming!!!!!  = - D

Also tagged with KRZY, sandbox, results, check it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users