Incoming! Equipment Sandbox results are in.

KRZY sandbox results check it out

• Please log in to reply
139 replies to this topic

ThePigSheFlies #21 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:28

Major

• Players
  • 83347 battles
  • [SEGA] SEGA

View PostTAKL_82, on Jul 13 2020 - 12:13, said:

They made it clear the equipment which is on the tank can stay on the tank it is on, no matter what the value but for example if you have coated optics on a tier 3 light which is worth 500.000 credits that coated optics will become a class 1 coated optics worth 600.000 credits. It states it can stay on that tank even so that tank would need a class 3 coated optics as you say which is worth 50.000 credits. Once you take that class 1 coated optics off your tier 3 light you will not be able to equip that to it again as it is obviously for tier 8 - 10 vehicles... There is no loss in value there at all

What is an issue is when you have 120 Binocs currently fitted on your tanks which will all become class 1 binocs. Now the adding of new equipment means some of those tanks may not ever be equipped with binocs again and I do not have many more tanks to get so I will have excess amounts of binocs I have to sell for 300k and I will need more credits to buy the new equipments. Another thing is if I ever take any binocs off my tier 5 - 8 tanks after the update I will never ever be able to put them onto them again as they will be class 1 binocs only suitable for tier 8 - 10 tanks. again I will never need to buy stabilizers, rammers, binocs or coated optics again. If anything Ill have too many Ill have to sell because lets face it I'll properly kit some tanks out with some of the new equipment pieces ...

as I stated when they first started this set of shenanigans they're going to turn the game into "world of garage manager" for established players with large garages.  

more of the same for crew 2.0 when it gets shoved down the player base's throats

wonder how many 'new players'  this game is going to get in this 'easier to understand' system to offset the number of experienced players / whales that will be annoyed enough to idle their accounts....

View PostChivalrous_Vet_disabled, on Jul 13 2020 - 12:23, said:

Uhhhh; Fellow Players ...

* When the Equipment 2.0 system hits our live servers, all Improved Equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically sent to the Depot.

improved equipment is bond equipment and/or bounty equipment right?

KiltedAmerican #22 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:29

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostChivalrous_Vet_disabled, on Jul 13 2020 - 12:23, said:

Feel free to use this equipment on this specific tank, but it will not be possible to remount it after demounting.

This equipment will be sent to the Depot at the start of the next update.  

These two statements seem to be in opposition ...

So, which is it? :amazed:

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Jul 14 2020 - 02:56.

Knyaz_Svyatoslav #23 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:33

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 50064 battles

View PostChivalrous_Vet_disabled, on Jul 13 2020 - 18:23, said:

Uhhhh; Fellow Players ... copied from the Website post (right where you see a picture of coated optics at the bottom of the post)

- Equipment whose class will change compared to the current vehicle class will be indicated by a warning icon. Feel free to use this equipment on this specific tank, but it will not be possible to remount it after demounting. This equipment will be sent to the Depot at the start of the next update.  

The above rule applies only to Tier IV–VII vehicles.

* When the Equipment 2.0 system hits our live servers, all Improved Equipment mounted on your vehicles will be automatically sent to the Depot.

Reading comprehension is hard yo... :facepalm:

Onto a serious matter, the thing I am worried about regarding this equipment update is that it will further inflate parameters of all the tanks making the game even faster. One of the reasons I fell in love with the game is that it is a shooter that doesn't require insane reactions and instead requires brains and strategy. WG making the game more and more about reactions is alarming to say the least.

Insanefriend #24 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:42

Major

• Players
  • 55053 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

30 demount kits for 330 tanks seems like a rip off, that is just my tier 6-10.  I have almost every tank in my garage equipped and ready for battle, every tier eight plus for sure is.  Toss in the mix of low tiers with equipment and I'm loosing out from this change.  There isn't anything good about it other then the new equipment types.

At the least they should provide one demount kit per tank in a garage with equipment.  Better yet just refund the cost of all equipment at it's current pricing and demount it all.  As I have quite a few lower and mid tier tanks with more costly equipment.

TAKL_82 #25 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30132 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View Poststevezaxx, on Jul 13 2020 - 17:31, said:

so.

say i have 140 tanks. some low tier tanks will have been "sharing" some 'simple' equipment, that will now be 'complex' 

some low tier tanks will have fewer equipment slots. some tanks will have equipment that i will want to keep on that tank, but are in the "wrong slot"

and all this is taking effect in 1.10 . which is currently on Common Test... right? I'm still going to want vents/rammer/vert. stab. on my key tanks RIGHT?

so to put all the equipment 2.0 onto the "right" tanks, into the "right" slots i will get 30 count them THIRTY demounts?

so they can get me to buy HOW MUCH gold to move the rest of them? (anybody done any math?)

this linked post seems only to be talking about the latest CHANGES... whats the FULL FINAL DEAL?

I got 260... I also worked out that coated optics class 2 will increase in value and on the 4th of july bought all I could for about 7 mio, so I have 94 coated optics which will earn me after the update when I sell each for 100k, 2.35 mio credits. However I will have 28 slots free on my tier 5 - 8 meds and TDs for which I will need 5.6 mio credits.

But then because many new equipment pieces are introduced and old stabs, binocs, nets and coated optics become all class 1 equipment pieces many of my tanks in my collection will not be complete with equipment until I have the credits to buy them. I will never need all those class 1 equipments (great) i will have and will sell them at half price to buy new equipment at full price or even half price if i wait till black friday ? But I did roughly count it only calculating that 1 of the 3 slots I will replace with new equipment meaning of course I need about 6000 gold (600 demounting kits) and 104 credits on average thats just a month of playing WOT 12 hrs a day !

Oh yes I counted 400k per equipment a general average between 200k and 600 equipment units.

So I make 2.5 mio on being sneaky buying the coated optics and may need a whole other 100 mio :) Happy tanking good bye life and so much for having 260 tanks in your garage all ready to go. 

PS does anyone have more then 260 tanks haha gl and have FUN kitting them out again !

I suggested to WG from the start prior to the 1st sandox that they need to allow a day or weekend where you can sell your excess equipment in your depot at the price you bought it at because if I sell 28 binocs which i count to have left over and will never ever need again I ll sell em at 7 mio or maybe 8.4 mio but i need 28 slots of 600k equipment so 16.8 mio. That there is a loss of 8.4 mio and thats just my excess binocs.

The problem is you needing credits for the new equipment, selling your old equipment half price and incurring huge lossess that way. Players who have lots of tanks will feel this. per tier 8 - 10 tank you will need 300.000 credits minimum, there will be one slot you will replace period, per tier 5 - 8 tank this applies even harder if you take the already existing equipment in your tank out you will definately need 2 pieces per tank so 200k per tank and 2 demonting kits. 

I have 96 tier 6 - 7s  thats 19.2 mio credits I need just to fit 1 new equipment in each one of them potentially 38.4 mio credits.

I have 78 tier 8s if I replace 1 equipment per tank sell the one i have and buy a new one I need 23.4 mio on top ...

Sucks to have all your tier 8s with equipment 

Is this just another way to get collectors to spend more time again earning credits ???? 

TAKL_82 #26 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30132 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 13 2020 - 18:42, said:

30 demount kits for 330 tanks seems like a rip off, that is just my tier 6-10.  I have almost every tank in my garage equipped and ready for battle, every tier eight plus for sure is.  Toss in the mix of low tiers with equipment and I'm loosing out from this change.  There isn't anything good about it other then the new equipment types.

At the least they should provide one demount kit per tank in a garage with equipment.  Better yet just refund the cost of all equipment at it's current pricing and demount it all.  As I have quite a few lower and mid tier tanks with more costly equipment.

If I need 102 mio credits to re organise my tanks your looking at 150 mio easily buddy, hope they bring back FL coz your gonna need credits !

tod914 #27 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 18:51

Major

• Players
  • 70073 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

Equipment 2.0 will be a regular Rembrandt.

Spoiler

Edited by tod914, Jul 13 2020 - 18:58.

heavymetal1967 #28 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 80246 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jul 13 2020 - 12:28, said:

as I stated when they first started this set of shenanigans they're going to turn the game into "world of garage manager" for established players with large garages.  

more of the same for crew 2.0 when it gets shoved down the player base's throats

wonder how many 'new players'  this game is going to get in this 'easier to understand' system to offset the number of experienced players / whales that will be annoyed enough to idle their accounts....

improved equipment is bond equipment and/or bounty equipment right?

Excellent point and correct Improved gear is bond/bounty gear.

dnaman #29 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:03

Major

• Players
  • 34580 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
I’m really not liking what I’m seeing here even though I didn’t have time to check out the sandbox.  I have over 300 tanks if memory serves and I’m gonna get totally screwed here...

SlappedbyRommel #30 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:04

Captain

• -Players-
  • 15272 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 13 2020 - 16:39, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

The results for the Sandbox equipment can be found HERE.

So many things for some new equipment changes.

Don't waste your time on reading this just go to that link up there!

What is wrong with you guys at WG? I just see this as another way to screw your player base after players grind and spend on equipment/training and now these changes. How will I know with over 200 tanks all with equipment will be accounted for and properly accomadated? Others have more tanks I don't see this working out well due to the coding issues each patch has and of course WG doesn't use a test server that mimics the player base and no the sandbox is not the same with all the players who have different setups equipment wish. You guys try to put the positive spin as a cc but really WG doesn't listen to anyone so maybe it is time to take up bird watching only time will tell but remember WG doesn't say sorry or admit they are wrong!

Edited by SlappedbyRommel, Jul 13 2020 - 19:04.

Chivalrous_Veteran #31 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:24

Sergeant

• Players
  • 18710 battles
  • [HONOR] HONOR

Yeah; they changed the term to 'generally' "Improved Equipment" ... by how they will distinguish the differences from the "Module Equipment."  I cannot seem to remember what "Bond Equipment" was being called on there; but, I know that all Bounty and Bond Equipment was on the same tab on Sandbox; and it was under some other term jointly all together on the same tab.

- It's been too long since I was on the Sandbox to actually even remember; exactly, what they were calling "Bond Equipment"  But I think all new equipment is going to be called "Improved Equipment" from now on... I think, I can't remember accurately anymore, sorry.

- I was just pointing out that the article does state the removal of all "improved equipment" when the update goes live; I apologize that I cannot remember what they were calling (fancy equipment) all on the same tab together on Sandbox and had some unified name to it, I can't quite remember.

Sorry; the whole world went nuts and everything fell apart, and since the Sandbox there have been a lot of things to sweep away a clear memory of what all was on the Sandbox back then.  But I do remember clearly that Bounty and Bond Equipment was all together and the Modules and Consumables were also being reworked into a slotted system with a new dialogue window also.

Everything was being renamed and moved around to a much more complicated system than just going to the Service tab or using the Tech Tree window ... so to close out my dialogue; I don't know exactly what "equipment" they are referring to specifically since they keep changing names of things in the game??  But during a Developer Diaries they stated all mounted equipment would be demounted and players could remount whatever they wanted to after the update.

- Historically in the game when they have made all other major changes - even when they remove event vehicles - they demount all equipment automatically from it and place them into player's depots.  So that is my own best guess on the situation?

I actually had forgotten about the confusion of "what" is a "what" in the world anymore; yeah, the name and meaning of things is changed so much anymore; who knows "what is a "what" anymore!!  O.o

At this point we just have to wait and see;

but, usually they remove all equipment when making major changes : Back when they added more Crew Skills - - they reset all Crew's Skills to the percent they had selectable for new skills.

SuperJaws100 #32 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:25

Captain

• Players
  • 21041 battles
If they make Binocs + Camo net unremovable I will quit for good. One of the best investments you can make in order to make low-tier grinds easier.

Badkarma #33 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:26

Captain

• Players
  • 32290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostSuperJaws100, on Jul 13 2020 - 19:25, said:

If they make Binocs + Camo net unremovable I will quit for good. One of the best investments you can make in order to make low-tier grinds easier.

Good bye then. Clubbing just got a lot more expensive.

TAKL_82 #34 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 30132 battles
  • [SCYWG] SCYWG

View PostBadkarma, on Jul 13 2020 - 19:26, said:

Binocs and camo you will have to pay for removal with gold ?

Craig234 #35 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:47

Major

• Players
  • 57131 battles
Huh, goodbye toolbox, replaced by a consumable. Don't like that.

DracoDS #36 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28146 battles
  • [200OK] 200OK
WG really needs to make all the modules automatically demount when the patch hits instead of giving away "free" demounting kits, to a limit of 30 and making people pay for the rest. That is absolutely disgusting.

ratpak #37 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:49

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 31769 battles
  • [ETRNL] ETRNL
I would love to know who gave them the "positive" feedback

Necrophore #38 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:50

Major

• Players
  • 32369 battles

View PostBadkarma, on Jul 13 2020 - 10:26, said:

They'll survive if clubber-tier binocs are only 50K. Wait for the next equipment sale and buy a dozen.

Craig234 #39 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:51

Major

• Players
  • 57131 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 13 2020 - 09:42, said:

30 demount kits for 330 tanks seems like a rip off, that is just my tier 6-10.  

How in the world could they justify a fixed 30, instead of giving enough for all your tanks affected?

Cowcat137 #40 Posted Jul 13 2020 - 19:52

Major

• -Players-
  • 20156 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
I am mainly concerned that crazy OP builds will be possible and will totally upend gameplay. 

Also tagged with KRZY, sandbox, results, check it out

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users