A thought about wheelies in high tiers.

ebr

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

Poll: Wheelies (61 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 100 battle in order to participate this poll.

This being a tank game (tank is a tracked armored vehicle), the introduction of wheeled vehicles makes things very difficult. Should they be removed from game or nerf auto aim and or make slow them down?

1. Nerf speed (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

2. Nerf ability to resist tracking. (14 votes [22.95%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 22.95%

3. nerf speed (1 vote [1.64%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 1.64%

4. All of the above (22 votes [36.07%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.07%

5. Remove wheeled vehicles (24 votes [39.34%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 39.34%

I understand that this is a game and wheelies are just another type of vehicle. Some people enjoy the wheelies and do very well. You cant please everyone. You dont have to make them so OP that players say to heck with this battle. and leave.

1. I agree (40 votes [65.57%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 65.57%

2. I disagree (3 votes [4.92%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 4.92%

3. I dont give a crap. (18 votes [29.51%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 29.51%

Vote Hide poll

Michael_200061 #21 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 05:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 26596 battles
  • [DRK] DRK

View PostGrampy, on Jul 21 2020 - 20:30, said:

Since wheelies get progressively more annoying as you go to progressively higher tiers, I have discovered that it is less annoying to just play the middle tiers, which also means I can get by with giving WG a WHOLE LOT less money.

When WG makes it less fun at certain tiers, I play those tiers less. It's not complicated.

tier 6 seems a good place to stay currently , u see less tier 8 ebrs, and the tier 6-7 wheelies are slow enough not to be a big fuzz, the AMD only goes 65kph, its even slower than the type 64. 

Vulcan_Spectre #22 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:43

Major

• -Players-
  • 11904 battles
  • [PPNRG] PPNRG

View PostZiggen, on Jul 21 2020 - 12:50, said:

. I will look for a lake or a cliff, so the ebr wont get any exp from me. Imagine if a lot of people did this?

if alot of players did this wg would be banning alot of players, this is way WAY more unsportsmanlike than getting early intel

MrEpic01 #23 Posted Jul 26 2020 - 01:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3743 battles
The wheeled vehicles are just blatantly overpowered and almost always outclass same tier light tanks. The tier 6 and 7 are fine, but as soon as you get to tier 8 and above they get too fast and maneuverable, AND have the assisted auto aim AND have OP HE shells AND can fire insanely accurately on the move. I think they should just be removed from the game entirely, but WG isn't going to do that so the other option would be to do what they are doing; a larger speed decrease when you damage the wheels. On top of that, the wheels should never just randomly absorb shots the way they do. Finally, the ability to turn so sharply while in rapid mode should be heavily nerfed. They darn things can just straight up ignore physics and turn on a dime at 80 km/h. At top speed they shouldn't be able to turn sharply at all. 

Samelde #24 Posted Jul 26 2020 - 20:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 37027 battles
  • [OLD_I] OLD_I

View PostMrEpic01, on Jul 25 2020 - 19:19, said:

a larger speed decrease when you damage the wheels.
Finally, the ability to turn so sharply while in rapid mode should be heavily nerfed.

Has anyone seen a wheelie turn over because they turned too sharp or hilt a rock?

Do wheelies not roll over completely when they do turn over?

How about making these things:

1) Less agile, esp. when turning, so less forgiving of banzai-driving;

2) More fragile, esp. when taking fire to the wheels; Losing 1 wheel should reduce speed, turning and ground resistance by at least 1/4, along with increasing ground resistance. Losing two wheels should double the effect. More than two wheels and its stuck.

3) Less "fire and forget" aiming. If anything armored cars are less stable and provide a worse firing platform than tracked vehicles. They shouldn't be able to "circle of death" at 80 kph and land every shot.

4) Make vulnerability to HE more realistic. Having rubber wheels does NOT make something explosion-proof. HE should Vaporize rubber tires, remove wheels and severely damage suspension, modules and crew. This is unfair, no other class has super HE resistance.

5) Remove the super pen HE. This is blatantly biased and unfair. No other class has super pen HE.

6) Make them their own class, with different roles then LTs.

7) If we can have wheelies then why not jeeps, halftracks and towed artillery? 

This is only my opinion as someone who feels that wheelies have degraded the game experience and diluted the tank gene pool.

Also tagged with ebr

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users