• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4793 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

The М24Е2 Super Chaffee American Tier VI light tank is coming to the Supertest.

This vehicle comes equipped with a 75mm gun that deals 115 damage per shot.  The standard AP shell is capable of penetrating as much as 120 mm of armor, and its special APCR shell can penetrate 155 mm. The gun is well stabilized, and its accuracy is 0.44, aiming time 1.7 s, and reload time 4 s. The vehicle's view range is 380 m.

The tank reaches speeds up to 56 km/h and has a specific power of 28.7 h.p./t The vehicle's durability is 670 HP. At the same time, the vehicle's armor is similar to other light tanks of the same tier, which means it should not be relied on too frequently.

What makes the М24Е2 Super Chaffee stand out are its high rate of fire, stabilized gun, and good mobility. It can play the role of a light tank and provide support to allies.

ThePigSheFlies #2 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:14

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

so it has dispersion literally worse than a kv2...

thinkingface

• can't make a decent map to more often than a couple of times per decade. 
  • can ETL data for accounts to automagically populate to common test and/or super test every single cycle multiple times per year, but server transfers are inexplicably 'hard'
  • balancing decisions made at a pace that rivals tectonic plate movement.
  • despite wildly successful game format by NOT being like 'other MMO's' - continues down the path of trying to make the game like other mmo's
  • despite tons of feedback where folks are telling you that equipment 2.0 is change for the sake of change, continues down the path of horrible, tablet based UI, and instilling changes where literally nobody of any statistical significance is in favor of it
  • above is a literal precedent that means crew 2.0 that virtually no established player is interested in will also be shoved down our throats

but never fear, we'll keep on churning out premium tank content...  

dagengster #3 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 17158 battles
  • [PHASE] PHASE

Super Chaffee?

Na, this is more like a Mediocre Chaffee.

This looks like its just a worse Type 64

yruputin #4 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 34982 battles
  • [HOR] HOR
More armor,more speed everywhere. The USA had STEEL;) How about you guys make one USA tank that can beat most others? The good thing about this KrzyBoop says final configuration is not settled. Maybe just maybe they will configure it in a stronger Construction:amazed:

Edited by yruputin, Jul 24 2020 - 15:55.

Cowcat137 #5 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:36

Major

• -Players-
  • 18740 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
Another anniversary reward tank?  

Vulcan_Spectre #6 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:37

Major

• -Players-
  • 11904 battles
  • [PPNRG] PPNRG
T37 vibes

Cowcat137 #7 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 15:39

Major

• -Players-
  • 18740 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
This is like if Wargaming gave Krzyboop a new shirt and called him SuperKrzyboop. Marketing magic.

MGFranks #8 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 31151 battles

Dispersion .44? Are you frickin kidding me? And with zero armor.

Why not give it a view range of 300, just to make the package complete?

US_3rd_Army #9 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:09

Major

• Players
  • 39283 battles
  • [GLAD-] GLAD-
Still waiting for the M4A1 FL 10 you guys said you were working on a year ago

Mikosah #10 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:12

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

Old Chaffee used to be one of my favorite things about this game. Do I still have that dumb forum signature I came up with back then? (edit: yes, its still there plus Walker Bulldog edit)

Needless to say, getting that legendary masterpiece to be a balanced tier 6 but still worthwhile will be much easier said than done. Especially considering that its old competition in lights like the Type 64 for instance kept their old view range when the scout MM changed, so competing with that is now an unreasonable thing to ask for. But there are some ways around this problem, perhaps if the movement spread penalties and camo are exceptionally good then we might get somewhere, though I doubt the values will be that favorable.

But I'll present an alternative- what if it were a tier 7 that still had the little 115 alpha gun, but regained its old 400m view range. Make it a pure scout, as it used to be.

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:30

Major

• Players
  • 82740 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostMikosah, on Jul 24 2020 - 10:12, said:

Old Chaffee used to be one of my favorite things about this game. Do I still have that dumb forum signature I came up with back then? (edit: yes, its still there plus Walker Bulldog edit)

Needless to say, getting that legendary masterpiece to be a balanced tier 6 but still worthwhile will be much easier said than done. Especially considering that its old competition in lights like the Type 64 for instance kept their old view range when the scout MM changed, so competing with that is now an unreasonable thing to ask for. But there are some ways around this problem, perhaps if the movement spread penalties and camo are exceptionally good then we might get somewhere, though I doubt the values will be that favorable.

But I'll present an alternative- what if it were a tier 7 that still had the little 115 alpha gun, but regained its old 400m view range. Make it a pure scout, as it used to be.

in scout MM, on old maps, a LT could afford to be a 'pure scout' - but even at that, the original chaffee had a fabulous gun, and could definitely influence matches using the gun.  today, in the almost non stop litany of garbage funnel, and small maps making anything rely solely upon vision is akin to taking away the gun, forcing a spall liner upon it and making it do ramming damage...

View PostVulcan_Spectre, on Jul 24 2020 - 09:37, said:

T37 vibes

the original chaffee had the bobble head long before wargaming dreamed of expanding the LT lines to first tier 8 and then tier 10

moogleslam #12 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:37

Major

• Players
  • 53765 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jul 24 2020 - 10:14, said:

thinkingface

• despite wildly successful game format by NOT being like 'other MMO's' - continues down the path of trying to make the game like other mmo's
  • despite tons of feedback where folks are telling you that equipment 2.0 is change for the sake of change, continues down the path of horrible, tablet based UI, and instilling changes where literally nobody of any statistical significance is in favor of it
  • above is a literal precedent that means crew 2.0 that virtually no established player is interested in will also be shoved down our throats

Quoting because 100% the truth.

madogthefirst #13 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:45

Major

• Players
  • 26613 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
Another gift tank WG is going make sure people don't want. 

Subject_of_Pain #14 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:47

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 6016 battles
  • [LDZP] LDZP

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jul 24 2020 - 15:14, said:

thinkingface

Agreed. It's WG's inbred thoughtcrap like this is why lately I can't play more than 5-6 games and then be fed up. I'm going to miss playing this game in 190 days when my premium time runs out......  (THE VK 30.01 P IS DAMNED MEDIUM TANK WG! NOT A CRAPSHART HEAVY!)

You know, the way WG execs and devs are making these decisions makes me realize that Belarus must a rampant problem with inbreeding.....

Brothers and sisters should never marry kids! No good can come of it!

churchill50 #15 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 21892 battles
  • [HIME] HIME

It looks like it's time to accept that the old Chaffee is dead and is never coming back.

This thing is a sad replacement for what used to be an amazingly fun light tank.

Mikosah #16 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 16:54

Major

• Players
  • 17582 battles

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Jul 24 2020 - 09:30, said:

in scout MM, on old maps, a LT could afford to be a 'pure scout' - but even at that, the original chaffee had a fabulous gun, and could definitely influence matches using the gun.  today, in the almost non stop litany of garbage funnel, and small maps making anything rely solely upon vision is akin to taking away the gun, forcing a spall liner upon it and making it do ramming damage...

Regrettably, I don't remember the exact stats of the original Chaffee gun. But in any case, they could make a much more interesting and faithful recreation of the original Chaffee at tier 7 than tier 6. There, they could give it back its original view range, accuracy, and DPM (or even buff further if needed) and balancing could probably work out quite well. Though true that the biggest elephant in the room is the way maps work and that conventional scouting is now arguably the most awkward niche role of them all. Still, meta-relevant or otherwise, if they're going to bring back Old-Chaffee at all, they may as well do it right.

tod914 #17 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 68759 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View PostMGFranks, on Jul 24 2020 - 10:08, said:

Dispersion .44? Are you frickin kidding me? And with zero armor.

Why not give it a view range of 300, just to make the package complete?

Don't forget the Stevie Wonder crew skin for the commander.

Spoiler

IndygoEEI #18 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 66292 battles
  • [UNDOG] UNDOG

"Old" Super Chaffee?  Do Want!

P.S.  It's been so long, but WG are you sure these stats are accurate to old Chaffee?

WIZD #19 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 18:05

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 15463 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

View PostSubject_of_Pain, on Jul 24 2020 - 16:47, said:

Agreed. It's WG's inbred thoughtcrap like this is why lately I can't play more than 5-6 games and then be fed up. I'm going to miss playing this game in 190 days when my premium time runs out......  (THE VK 30.01 P IS DAMNED MEDIUM TANK WG! NOT A CRAPSHART HEAVY!)

You know, the way WG execs and devs are making these decisions makes me realize that Belarus must a rampant problem with inbreeding.....

Brothers and sisters should never marry kids! No good can come of it!

Personally I blame Chernobyl. Radiation does some messed up stuff to your genes that gets passed down.

Cowcat137 #20 Posted Jul 24 2020 - 18:25

Major

• -Players-
  • 18740 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

Super Chaffee going to soil itself when the first thing it spots is an EBR coming in. 

Or maybe makes it over the hill where the defenders and Skorpions are deploying. 

Even top tier, KV-2 will one shot it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users