• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

__WarChild__ #1 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 07:27

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 42755 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Howdy Tankers, 

Many young and/or competitive players only care about Tier X and stats and other such things. I totally get that and support their right to get whatever they want out of this game.  For me, I play pubs 99.9999% solo and I play for fun.  Fun for me, is winning though.  For whatever reason, Tier X is not very kind to me.  Not that I can't compete at Tier X, I just frankly cannot win.  Losing and losing credits is simply not fun for me, especially when the biggest hurdles I face are completely out of my control.  I worked very, very hard to get my 279e but every time I take it out (and I mean EVERY first battle with it), it is as if WG wants me to pay some sort of "dues" for even thinking about it.  Tonight's first non-Ranked Tier X battle was here:

A couple things you can notice with the above picture: (1) Almost all of our dead tanks died in or near SPAWN, and (2) they were all huddled up so tight they died en masse and within a few seconds of each other right there at the end.

What's funny about this game is:

Even with my abysmal performance, I still finished FIRST on my team in XP.

This is just one of the many reasons I never care about marking (also known now as rigging) my tanks or what my particular Win8 is running at.  None of that is fun nor is it particularly relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish - which is winning.   I hope you all find the sweet spot of happiness here in World of Tanks at whatever tier you choose.  

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

JakeTheMystic #2 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 08:02

Major

• Players
  • 26769 battles
Why would the enemy Vk.b do 2.3k damage with 2 kills and get 0 xp? He abandoned his vehicle while it was still alive, but why not just wait the extra 30 seconds for the team to finish the game so you at least get some xp? 

As for the match itself, I think it's just more proof that EBRs are broken. Whoever has the better EBR basically gets a free win, especially on maps like Redshire, Prok, Muro, Mali, ect. Even though you had 1 decent EBR and arty that was hitting shots, the flank got melted by their better EBR drivers, arty was doing just as well, and their heavies were free to pretty much roll that side during the lemming. If anything else, it also shows how broken the xp system is considering the Leopard also had a kill, did x4 the damage (even if he did 0 spotting, he still had more than your combined) but he ended up with 40 less xp, even more behind if you would have won. 

The same problem happens in a lot of ranked battles, you either go with the team in the roll or you wait to get rolled. There isn't much way to stop that and when you're getting bled by arty the entire game, you're pretty much screwed regardless of what tank you're in. The game has come to the point where it doesn't matter so much if you win or lose, as long as you're the highest xp on the team. When grinding you can just kick off some boosters, do the best you can and that just means you maximize your xp per game. 

If the game had a "play to win" mentality, people would actually share hp and communicate relative information. Instead, we see people hiding behind allies as cover, then shoving them forward if they're hogging all the damage. Other times people will essentially afk as they rant about arty, ebrs, chieftains, ect ect instead of keeping their gun in the game as much as possible. 

Best advice is to always remember that this is a 1v29 game. Play the best you can and try not to care about winning or losing, disregard the losses and celebrate the wins. 

__WarChild__ #3 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 08:07

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 42755 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Jul 27 2020 - 01:02, said:

Why would the enemy Vk.b do 2.3k damage with 2 kills and get 0 xp? He abandoned his vehicle while it was still alive, but why not just wait the extra 30 seconds for the team to finish the game so you at least get some xp? 

As for the match itself, I think it's just more proof that EBRs are broken. Whoever has the better EBR basically gets a free win, especially on maps like Redshire, Prok, Muro, Mali, ect. Even though you had 1 decent EBR and arty that was hitting shots, the flank got melted by their better EBR drivers, arty was doing just as well, and their heavies were free to pretty much roll that side during the lemming. If anything else, it also shows how broken the xp system is considering the Leopard also had a kill, did x4 the damage (even if he did 0 spotting, he still had more than your combined) but he ended up with 40 less xp, even more behind if you would have won. 

The same problem happens in a lot of ranked battles, you either go with the team in the roll or you wait to get rolled. There isn't much way to stop that and when you're getting bled by arty the entire game, you're pretty much screwed regardless of what tank you're in. The game has come to the point where it doesn't matter so much if you win or lose, as long as you're the highest xp on the team. When grinding you can just kick off some boosters, do the best you can and that just means you maximize your xp per game. 

If the game had a "play to win" mentality, people would actually share hp and communicate relative information. Instead, we see people hiding behind allies as cover, then shoving them forward if they're hogging all the damage. Other times people will essentially afk as they rant about arty, ebrs, chieftains, ect ect instead of keeping their gun in the game as much as possible. 

Best advice is to always remember that this is a 1v29 game. Play the best you can and try not to care about winning or losing, disregard the losses and celebrate the wins. 

It did say "lost in battle" at the end for him.

SquiggyMcPew #4 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 09:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 91 battles
I ALWAYS focus reward tanks when in arty and I think that is normal for most arty players. If no reward tanks then move on to top skilled and work your way down.

CremeFraiche1 #5 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 09:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15170 battles
  • [SADGE] SADGE
I stopped giving a [edited]about stats. I know for a fact I'm a good player, but until the ammo rework is done, arty is nerfed into oblivion, and tanks are re-balanced, there is no point in giving a [edited]about this game. 

Edited by CremeFraiche1, Jul 27 2020 - 09:22.

Atragon #6 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 11:03

Major

• Players
  • 47247 battles

View PostCremeFraiche1, on Jul 27 2020 - 03:21, said:

I stopped giving a [edited]about stats. I know for a fact I'm a good player, but until the ammo rework is done, arty is nerfed into oblivion, and tanks are re-balanced, there is no point in giving a [edited]about this game. 

I have to agree with this. This game balancing is one big CESSPOOL right now and not worth giving a crap about.

Edited by Atragon, Jul 27 2020 - 11:08.

Ratnikk #7 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 11:33

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 16068 battles
  • [DSRTD] DSRTD

They keep saying that this game isnt rigged but that image shows the reality. It happens too often to be random. Quicker games mean wasting more credits on repairs/consumables meaning spending more time or money grinding. Some people convert gold for credits that means more money for GREEDgaming.

CA-CHING! Much money, working as intended comrade!

Matthew_66 #8 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 11:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55966 battles
  • [-SDS-] -SDS-
Blueprints to advance to tier 10 as fast as you can , ebrs racing all over the map and when you do hit them they keep on truckin! 3 arties per match along with 3 ebrs per match is total B.s  no mater how you try to justify it. This game has always had a steep learning curve , along with that,you have to have a decent computer and internet connection or get royally punished for it. The latter i know people will say that's not so but play with a connection of 300-600 ping against players with a 25-100 ping you'll see what i mean. Ten years is along time for an online game to be around and i get they try to change  things up to get players back and new players in but it would have been nice if they listened to the players .

GeorgePreddy #9 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

OP...your win rate in the 279e is almost 56% (small sample, but still, that's pretty good at tier ten)... whereas your win rate avg for all your tier tens is barely 51%.

Not sure why you are complaining about the quality of battles you're generally getting in the 279e ?

heavymetal1967 #10 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 15:56

Major

• Players
  • 80246 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Don't get me wrong folks can play what they want.  But WG has intentionally made it a helluva lot easier to grind research lines now.

Making the lines easier to understand re: collections is total Bravo Sierra.  They wanted to make it easier for folks to get tanks and climb up the lines.  Equipment 2.fail is corroborative proof they ain't interested in simplifying the understanding of anything.  It's a combo of busy work just to appear like they're doing SOMETHING, a huge silver sink for many players with a paltry 30 demount kits, etc...

Between free x5s (currently sitting on 119 ALL free folks), blueprints, boosters, etc... there is no grind up the lines anymore.  And WC is right "many young and/or competitive players only care about Tier X and stats and other such things" and Wargaming knows this hence the march easy sashay up the lines.  The end result is a noticeable portion of players at mid to high tiers that have no grasp of game mechanics.

But gameplay like balance be damned, because WG is primarily concerned with one thing - PROFITS.  And their research must indicate that these moves will yield better figures than fixing stuff that many of us want fixed. 

New maps?  Why worry about new maps when you pretty much have gave up on the older players, many who have closed their wallets to varying degrees.  Sure we still fill queues, but :P.   

New players ARE seeing new maps.  If they hang around where maps seems stale good for WG, if they don't rinse and repeat the cycle and bring more new players in and more of the same.

Only when some of the core issues threaten the bottom line or the scheme that's dependent on new or young blood slows will they give an iota about fixing issues.

Question is if and when that does happen how many of us will still be around?

WG's gag on a gnat swallow an elephant mix.

bake3020 #11 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 16:06

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 27 2020 - 14:56, said:

Don't get me wrong folks can play what they want.  But WG has intentionally made it a helluva lot easier to grind research lines now.

Equipment 2.fail is corroborative proof they ain't interested in simplifying the understanding of anything.  It's a combo of busy work just to appear like they're doing SOMETHING, a huge silver sink for many players with a paltry 30 demount kits, etc...

Not only is Equipment 2.F a failure so are Crew 2.F, Ammo re-balance 2,F, Vehicle re-balance 2.F, Clown car/skateboard re-balance 2.F, Map re-balance 2.F, and everything else they are attempting to do, in such a big hurry.  The total package of 2.Every & Anything is a disaster looking for a place to happen.  Just remember the "RUBICON" patch that they tried to shove down our throats.  This is what they are doing again it is now: "RUBICON 2.FAILURE"

bake3020 #12 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 16:13

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 27 2020 - 06:27, said:

Howdy Tankers, 

Many young and/or competitive players only care about Tier X and stats and other such things. I totally get that and support their right to get whatever they want out of this game.  For me, I play pubs 99.9999% solo and I play for fun.  Fun for me, is winning though.  For whatever reason, Tier X is not very kind to me.  Not that I can't compete at Tier X, I just frankly cannot win.  Losing and losing credits is simply not fun for me, especially when the biggest hurdles I face are completely out of my control.  I worked very, very hard to get my 279e but every time I take it out (and I mean EVERY first battle with it), it is as if WG wants me to pay some sort of "dues" for even thinking about it.  Tonight's first non-Ranked Tier X battle was here:

A couple things you can notice with the above picture: (1) Almost all of our dead tanks died in or near SPAWN, and (2) they were all huddled up so tight they died en masse and within a few seconds of each other right there at the end.

What's funny about this game is:

Even with my abysmal performance, I still finished FIRST on my team in XP.

This is just one of the many reasons I never care about marking (also known now as rigging) my tanks or what my particular Win8 is running at.  None of that is fun nor is it particularly relevant to what I'm trying to accomplish - which is winning.   I hope you all find the sweet spot of happiness here in World of Tanks at whatever tier you choose.  

Happy Tanking!

__WarChild__

WC, I feel your pain but in a different way.  I know that I can hold my own, with my 3 Tier X's, that I have clawed my last 8 years to but.  I have the same issue as you do, even though I don't have a reward tank, like the 279.  Maybe, just maybe every 1 out 15 or so battles, no matter how well I do, I get a win and it hasn't changed in the year that I have had my Tier X's.  It's easy for all these armchair quarterbacks to sit there spout the "IT'S YOU & GIT GUD" garbage until they get my particular MM.  The only exception to this is Georgie Boy who's "Rose colored glasses"  hide the truth of this game.  Gotta love our George though, got to.  I can assure you, WC,  it's not you as I watch your streams, fallow your content and I find you to be a fantastic player and very good with this game.  I will just say that it is this game and leave it at that, that is causing you all these issues and we all know that is the truth of the matter.

__WarChild__ #13 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 17:59

The Code Whisperer

• Community Contributor
  • 42755 battles
  • [OPIC] OPIC

Wow, a lot of kind and encouraging words since I posted this.  I was a bit miffed when I created this thread and anticipated more negativity in the responses.  To heck with all you nice people...  :izmena:

Much appreciated :honoring:

Yeah George, I did say my FIRST game in the tank is almost always a loss.  There are times where I pull a rabbit out of the hat and win, but WG likes to extract some pain at first for some reason.  Most of the time, I am live streaming when I start so it's not just me witnessing the experience.  

Another consistent trend for me is that my EBR is almost always the BAD EBR, especially in RANKED battles.  In the battle above, you see he has 0 damage and almost no experience, and dies with arty at the very end.  He hung out with arty the whole time while the enemy EBRs kept coming up behind me and shooting me FROM THE WIDE OPEN.

When I play Tiers IX and X, and I see players on my team that don't know what they're doing or are being complete _______s, I will do my best to educate them.  To me, it is more toxic for them to be playing the highest tiers without a clue than for me to "educate them on their next steps."  I've been a full time professor lately :sceptic:

Related Note:  So, after this Tier X game, I said to myself, "To heck with it, I'll go extract some pain at Tier III in my Pak40" and I get the absolute WORST map for my tank and this matchmaking:

Although my damage was more than the entire rest of my team combined, I was surrounded and focused near the end and couldn't carry us to victory.

So I conceded the evening victory to Wargaming and turned off my computer for the night.  It's not that I haven't played through this stuff before, but when the cards keep stacking up against you, it's too easy for a player to go on tilt.  I'm just so glad I made it to the Leagues in Ranked.  Now that matchmaking has been introduced to Ranked (the last 3 seasons), that's no longer fun for me either. 

Oh well...

tod914 #14 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 18:15

Major

• Players
  • 70073 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

Play your 10s in Advances Warchild.  Or toon up with some good players to stack the odds in your favor.  Pubs in 10s, no thanks.  Games are so consistently lopsided.  Rarely do I see matches lasting over 10 minutes.  Let alone 5.

Being put on the wrong side of a lopsided team seems to come in cycles.  At all tiers really.  But it seems compounded in 10s.  You really need to carry hard if you want a win out of the current MM system.  Maybe keep track with screen shots over 40 or so games, and see how it balances out.  Not just the bad MMs, but all them.

GL.  Game is a mess at this point in time. 

Edited by tod914, Jul 27 2020 - 18:19.

Klaatu_Nicto #15 Posted Jul 27 2020 - 23:36

Major

• Players
  • 44076 battles

While WOT is losing members WOWS has been gaining. 12,000 used to be normal at WOWS during peak time but this year it climbed up to over 16,000. If you want a good battle that does not end in 5 minutes or less WOWS is the game to play plus no gold rounds and recently they took away the free consumables and now the premium consumables are free.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users