chat ping spam

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #21 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 01:34

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 28 2020 - 01:26, said:

You're not as smart as you think you are, boyo ... Quite wrong, actually.

Your investigative skills are primitive, at best.

OK big boy keep it under wraps you wont last this time long either enjoy but you need to get off Fox News errr Entertainment is about to come on

heavymetal1967 #22 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 02:41

Major

• Players
  • 80986 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Well I'm no dev.  Hell I'm not even a staffer nor did I slumber in a Holiday Inn Express last night. 

But since facts seem to be missing from some other posts I'm also not trodding on fresh ground. 

And since this is about as close as I can get.

Spoiler

redjkent #23 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 03:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 115781 battles
  • [Y2KBB] Y2KBB

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 27 2020 - 17:21, said:

I want WG to write a toggle to block EVERYTHING all at once.

No more insipid drivel in chat, no more stupid, incessant map-pinging, no more canned F-key / Z-wheel  spam ...

No more child-strategists or teenage generals.

No more need to blacklist any but the most obnoxious twits ...

All of it gone with the flip of a switch.

Silence is Golden

WG, make it so

post from your real account then maybe someone might agree with you

KiltedAmerican #24 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 03:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postredjkent, on Jul 27 2020 - 21:21, said:

post from your real account then maybe someone might agree with you

Another line of crap from the Willfully Ignorant Side .... :sceptic:

107k battles in 6 years ... Get a job, boyo.

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Jul 28 2020 - 03:26.

RHeadshot #25 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 22:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 12969 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 27 2020 - 21:43, said:

Just block the offender for the battle in battle and move on really.  I see like one person in twenty battles that does this so it isn't a big issue.

I see multiple ones almost every single battle, so it is a big deal.

RHeadshot #26 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 22:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 12969 battles

View PostAllieOop2, on Jul 28 2020 - 00:45, said:

Maybe you and the Karens best friend have not noticed the enhanced pin wheel being touted and implemented? WG is not going to eliminate the social aspect of a game for any reason and have more than enough ways to avoid or stop any you don't want. Why should everyone in the game have to lose something that most apparently want in the game. Simply because your BL isn't long enough? Trust me if there are that many folks you have to black list the problem is you.

Now Mr TwistedKilt is another story. He loves the autocratic oppression, subversion of rights and terrorist application of abusive power. Think his way or your privileges are removed.

Can you even read?  Where did I EVER say turn it off for everyone?  Where?  But giving players the option to stop the b.s. doesn't affect you at all, except to allow us to avoid the jerks altogether.  Hmm, maybe you're one of the spamming idiots.

Edited by RHeadshot, Jul 28 2020 - 22:24.

anonym_xotfPa5GbcgJ #27 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View PostRHeadshot, on Jul 28 2020 - 22:22, said:

Can you even read?  Where did I EVER say turn it off for everyone?  Where?  But giving players the option to stop the b.s. doesn't affect you at all, except to allow us to avoid the jerks altogether.  Hmm, maybe you're one of the spamming idiots.

I have it all turned off almost always. It works just fine so again whats the problem the tools are there use them.

World_War_1_and_2 #28 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 06:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17623 battles

Block Quote

No more insipid drivel in chat, no more stupid, incessant map-pinging, no more canned F-key / Z-wheel  spam ...

Silence is Golden

WG, make it so

Hi, I never read every single reply to your question, but I say:

Turn on Anonymizer in Settings.

Disable team chat, if there is such a thing --- I might have done this disabling team chat in the past once or more than once (if you can do such a thing) in the past, but cannot remember if I ever did (so either I never ever did, or it was a long time ago).

It takes two to tango, so if someone incessantly pings the map, do not respond in chat to them. And if you have that Anonymizer on also, they are not pinging you as an individual they know of in the past*.

(*Or maybe less likely they believe it is you: you might think they can see a resemblance to how the anonymous player plays (you) and how they observed you play in their past (when you did not have Anonymizer on)).

If they send you a message to your garage, do not reply, and blacklist them.

After some time, you may feel better, and unblacklist them, and turn off Anonymizer.

World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Jul 31 2020 - 07:40.

headstash #29 Posted Oct 09 2020 - 21:28

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41707 battles

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 27 2020 - 11:44, said:

Either you don't understand, or your reading comprehension scores are very low.

Same for each of those citizens who gave you a +1 ...

I'M SAYING GIVE ME THE OPTION TO SHUT IT OFF - ALL OF IT .... SHUT IT OFF !!!

so you just want the one button or the 2 are just too much for ya?  damn snowflakes can't even bother to look thru the menus, just want it handed to them

KiltedAmerican #30 Posted Oct 09 2020 - 23:25

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

View Postheadstash, on Oct 09 2020 - 15:28, said:

so you just want the one button or the 2 are just too much for ya?  damn snowflakes can't even bother to look thru the menus, just want it handed to them

Not a snowflake, boyo ...

Having raised two sons during my 30-year association with the US Army, and now having enlistment-age grandsons, I'm just kind of tired of brainless teenage crap ... Like yours ...  

Read it again, boyo - then, YOU look-through the menus ...

Reading comprehension - once a common skill, now gone to willful ignorance, cuz being stupid is the new cool ... :sceptic:

Edited by KiltedAmerican, Oct 13 2020 - 11:16.

TankFullOfBourbon #31 Posted Oct 12 2020 - 15:35

Major

• Players
  • 34804 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostRHeadshot, on Jul 27 2020 - 20:49, said:

Why all the idiotic comments to a reasonable request?

I totally agree. All the nonsense in chat, ie written messages from team mates, does not disturb me as much as perpetual map pingers, chat command spamming etc. Why isn't it possible to turn it all off?

Personally I like to have chat but want to limit the map pinging to 5 squares per minute. 

Cupujoe #32 Posted Oct 12 2020 - 21:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 11 battles
I'm just wondering why this is in the newcomers forum if the OP has 107K battles.

ArmorStorm #33 Posted Oct 12 2020 - 22:23

Major

• Players
  • 40860 battles
  • [F__R] F__R
Alt-F4 seems to be the best answer for you buddy.  Stops all the chat/ping issues AND may help with your anger issues. 

World_War_1_and_2 #34 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 04:57

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17623 battles

View PostWorld_War_1_and_2, on Jul 30 2020 - 21:50, said:

Hi, I never read every single reply to your question, but I say:

Turn on Anonymizer in Settings.

Disable team chat, if there is such a thing --- I might have done this disabling team chat in the past once or more than once (if you can do such a thing) in the past, but cannot remember if I ever did (so either I never ever did, or it was a long time ago).

It takes two to tango, so if someone incessantly pings the map, do not respond in chat to them. And if you have that Anonymizer on also, they are not pinging you as an individual they know of in the past*.

(*Or maybe less likely they believe it is you: you might think they can see a resemblance to how the anonymous player plays (you) and how they observed you play in their past (when you did not have Anonymizer on)).

If they send you a message to your garage, do not reply, and blacklist them.

After some time, you may feel better, and unblacklist them, and turn off Anonymizer.

World_War_1_and_2

About a month and a half or two months or so ago, I even went farther than what I did in my first reply:

So you tired of all the unhappiness you feel while in battle, negativity from others, tired of all the negative messages you get sent to your Garage? Want happiness? Well, it might cost you. It cost me all communication with others, except one place. That one place as an exception is: here at this World of Tanks NA forum (where you are reading this post of mine). 

The game will seem -- if they would set their setting to what I set my settings at -- to some to become a me-against-a-computer-game-with-no-human-contact, losing the me-playing-against-other-live-players-and-having-much-desired-human-contact. But it may not be actually like that... If you want, try it for a while, and see how it is for you...

Checkmark accept: Censor offensive words in chat messages

Why? Unless you like to read disgusting words, then checkmark this.

Checkmark accept: Hide spam
Why? Protection from what Wargaming thinks is spam, is good for me (until I ever experience it not good for me to have this on).

Checkmark accept: Display date in messages
Why? Intelligence for messages you come across.

Checkmark accept: Display time in messages
Why? Intelligence for messages you come across.

Checkmark accept: Accept invitations only from friends in the Garage
Why? "Another layer of security for my mind from messages from anyone."

Leave Unchecked: Accept invitations to Platoon in battle
Why? I do not want to be in contact with anyone, so this is something I would leave unchecked.

Leave Unchecked:  Accept friend requests
Why? For myself, this is one reason: I do not want to be tricked by someone posing as a friend, so they could contact me, so this is something I would leave unchecked.

Checkmark accept: Receive messages only from contact list
Why? Because I have no friends in my contact list at all, this would just "reinforce my protection from any other players getting in contact with me."

Checkmark accept:  Disable chat with allies
Why? Chat with allies is the chat during battle. So tired of negativity from other players? Then checkmark this.

Leave Unchecked: Receive clan notifications
Why? I do not belong to any clan, so leaving this unchecked just adds another layer of sureness in something I already have (I already will never receive clan notifications because I do not belong to any clan, but confirming -- by leaving unchecked -- I do not want to receive clan notifications just "secures" that).

Battle communication:

Leave Unchecked:  Enable battle communication

Why? You don't want to see any markers, pings, have no communication with the new ping system, so leave this unchecked.

Leave Unchecked:  Indicate communication on team panel
Why? Unchecking 'Enable battle communication' above would have turned this off, I think, but just to be sure, leave this unchecked also.

Leave Unchecked:  Show sticky markers
Why? Unchecking 'Enable battle communication' above would have turned this off, I think, but just to be sure, leave this unchecked also.

Leave Unchecked:  Show personal commands

(From experience: Even though I have left unchecked all the four above battle communication selections, I still saw I sometimes got stock form messages like 'Thank you' during battle, in the battle chat. And that is okay. Or it might have been I accidently have one Checkmark accepted, still? Gotta see later maybe -- but I don't care for trying to get rid of these stock messages I see a very few of in all my battles.)

Checkmark accept: Anonymize your nickname in battle

And finally, although this has nothing to do with being accosted by negativity, I want to show what I have this set as:

Leave Unchecked:  Show base markers in Random Battles

Why? I don't like to see a marker for the direction of a base, because it takes away from the realistic-looking beauty of nature and life that World of Tanks has done a great job of creating.

That's all,
World_War_1_and_2

Edited by World_War_1_and_2, Oct 13 2020 - 07:29.

RagnarokBazil #35 Posted Oct 13 2020 - 08:25

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28776 battles
  • [PUBBY] PUBBY

View PostKiltedAmerican, on Jul 27 2020 - 12:21, said:

Silence is Golden

WG, make it so

I think your a snowflake lib that wants comm things.

DiomedesRS6 #36 Posted Oct 14 2020 - 18:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29390 battles
  • [TLK] TLK

I agree with OP.  I have been looking for ways to play a "silent" game without pinging and other noise -- because, once we have 14 desktop Generals clicking away on the mini-map, it's just noise.

But WG is doubling-down in the opposite direction, with dog-tags and other "neener-neener" mechanics.  After seeing how the devs deliberately and intentionally design to troll players (such as the new Steel Huntards mode, which encourages people to team up in solo matches against legitimate try-hards like me), I've started thinking that WG is following a doctrine that encourages bullying and trolling.  Maybe one of their lead designers read a 1950's research paper on how frustration leads to more effort, and can translate to bigger revenues.

242dEngrBn #37 Posted Oct 18 2020 - 17:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11472 battles
Nothing like word sparring and one upmanship with people you don't know on a computer chat site to make one feel superior, eh?  You guys know who you are.

Also tagged with chat, ping, spam

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users