• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 16:51

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4628 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

It doesn't pay to cheat on an online game. You will get found by our Liam Neesan, Jedi Assassin, and gets the skills applied to your account. 

In this analogy WoT his is little Padawan and will come at you with everything. 

"Today, we've taken another step in this direction and placed a massive ban wave across all servers. In this wave for the Americas, we’ve penalized 178 accounts: 92 of these received their first warning, and 86 were banned permanently. All players who were banned during this ban wave will be removed from the Ranked Battles leaderboard."-Liam Neesan - KRZYBooP

More information on the bans can be found HERE.

Good luck and play fair!

_Tsavo_ #2 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:01

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 48799 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC
I still think penalties should be harsher.  But, at least on NA, small numbers getting caught in the nets, so that's good. 

Cowcat137 #3 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 17692 battles
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR

In a perfect world i would like to know if I was taken out or on the losing side to some of these jerks. I guess that would open up a can of worms, legally, for WG. 

You or I could have just as easily benefited from them being on our team. 

Glad they are gone. 

Edited by Cowcat137, Jul 28 2020 - 17:14.

nuclearguy931 #4 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:22

Major

• Players
  • 86490 battles
  • [UMM] UMM
Time to start posting the list of those that got the Perma-Ban. Until that time some will consider this to just be Fake News.

SlappedbyRommel #5 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:28

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13010 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jul 28 2020 - 17:22, said:

Time to start posting the list of those that got the Perma-Ban. Until that time some will consider this to just be Fake News.

I miss the days of name and shame in the newspapers of local court report you always wondered if your buddy was on the list ...lol.  Maybe its time to reverse the non naming or else how will the person learn a lesson. No one wants to see their name up in headlines it used to guide the moral compass when there was one. 

docroberts #6 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:31

Captain

• Players
  • 21088 battles
  • [TONKX] TONKX
SOE used to post names of the banned and for what in open chat .. Be nice to see that here . 

tod914 #7 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:44

Major

• Players
  • 68190 battles
  • [CLASS] CLASS

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jul 28 2020 - 11:22, said:

Here.  Here.  A Hall of Sheen Shame is in order.

Spoiler

Beefy_Tanks #8 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 17:44

Corporal

• Players
  • 24243 battles
  • [Q-TIP] Q-TIP
I wish that this had been done in a more timely manner during clan wars. I was 6 slots away from a tank after the pitiful amount of bans that occurred, even though their entire clan were beneficiaries of their officer's actions. I'm glad Wargaming is helping to remove these players from the game but it's my personal belief that not enough was done to discourage actions such as these in the future.

ADM_Hackbar #9 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 18:03

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2446 battles

Don't be using that trees down mod people. I have a feeling Ranked Battles is going to get a bit easier. 178 is a pretty good chunk of an active base of 14k and these are only the ones that got caught.

I guess some can try and justify that they need the autosnapping mod to even the playing field with the EBR's that are constantly throwing of the balance of games and players are getting sick and tired of having to chase them down.

Edited by ADM_Hackbar, Jul 28 2020 - 18:23.

ADM_Hackbar #10 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 18:18

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2446 battles

View Postnuclearguy931, on Jul 28 2020 - 16:22, said:

Actually WG is probably giving a lot of players the benefit of the doubt. The list could be actually much bigger if WG was stricter. No fake news here.

The following quote from WG may be fake though and in a few ways hypocritical: "Ensuring Fair Play is always a top priority, and we’ll do our best to keep the gaming environment as fair as possible."

Edited by ADM_Hackbar, Jul 28 2020 - 18:25.

bad_73 #11 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 18:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 1575 battles

View PostADM_Hackbar, on Jul 28 2020 - 18:03, said:

Don't be using that trees down mod people. I have a feeling Ranked Battles is going to get a bit easier. 178 is a pretty good chunk of an active base of 14k and these are only the ones that got caught.

I guess some can try and justify that they need the autosnapping mod to even the playing field with the EBR's that are constantly throwing of the balance of games and players are getting sick and tired of having to chase them down.

Just get rid of the mod door.Instead of having a door open for free development that lets peeps cheat,wg needs to do their own developing...wg is letting people cheat with this mod door to save money.

deified #12 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 18:29

Private

• Players
  • 39304 battles
  • [PZB] PZB
Whatever you guys are doing to find cheaters needs to be done more often. Before every EVENT would be really nice. I sent in 3 replays of cheaters during clan wars, and yeah I still get the same email back saying "we have our special sauce that detects them blah blah blah." If your special cheater detector was working harder I wouldn't have to send in cheater videos to make myself feel like you guys are doing more. It would also be nice to see those names of the permaband to maybe make that Blacklist of mine smaller.

The_Pink_Panther #13 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 19:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 87 battles

Sorry KB, I totally respect you and appreciate what you do but, I don't believe anyone was banned or punished.  Unless WG begins verifiable banning and punishment procedures to include the clans, if any, they were attached to, I will never believe this.  Ever since a certain player and his brother were caught, publicly banned, and then his brother re-instated, WG has not published bans.  I personally believe that was done to keep the player base from know how many top tier players were really involved and are still involved in cheating.  I believe it would floor the whole player base, if the truth were known.  I may be wrong, may being the key word but, I don't think so.  Have a great day KB and thanks for what you do.

The_Pink_Panther #14 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 19:03

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 87 battles

View Postdeified, on Jul 28 2020 - 11:29, said:

Whatever you guys are doing to find cheaters needs to be done more often. Before every EVENT would be really nice. I sent in 3 replays of cheaters during clan wars, and yeah I still get the same email back saying "we have our special sauce that detects them blah blah blah." If your special cheater detector was working harder I wouldn't have to send in cheater videos to make myself feel like you guys are doing more. It would also be nice to see those names of the permaband to maybe make that Blacklist of mine smaller.

The only time it may be done is when the player or players are so obvious that it can't be denied.  But.......       I'll leave the rest up to your imagination.

gpc_4 #15 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 19:05

Major

• -Players-
  • 46902 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X
Names won't be posted because a permanent ban isn't really a ban. They let those that are permanently banned reset their account and lose tech tree progress. They keep their prem tanks and gold. 

DrWho_ #16 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 19:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 32781 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View Postbad_73, on Jul 28 2020 - 18:27, said:

Just get rid of the mod door.Instead of having a door open for free development that lets peeps cheat,wg needs to do their own developing...wg is letting people cheat with this mod door to save money.

Cheaters don't need an open mod door to do what they do. Sure a few of those cheat mod makers may go away but the cheaters will just find those mods that still work.

I used to belong to a mod group that worked on racing sims that weren't mod friendly and we still did tons of things for those games, even things the devs claimed couldn't be done. There are so many talented people doing mods it's next to impossible to stop them, making it more difficult to make mods will mostly hurt those makers who's talent are mainly in making the mods themselves and doesn't know how to get them into a more closed game. Cheat makers know how to do that

We weren't making cheats btw, mostly more/better tracks and car models, but we could have if we wanted to as some of the guys in our group could pick apart any game to see how it worked because they enjoyed the challenge.

Meh, keep it open so more people can make quality mods

Burning_Haggis #17 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 19:23

Major

• Players
  • 48041 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

View Postbad_73, on Jul 28 2020 - 11:27, said:

that won't stop a thing.   

It would likely make catching cheating a bit harder to do in the long run. 

Think of all the online games with injected cheats. 

All removing legal mods would do is make the game a bit more boring.

PapaBear_3110 #18 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 20:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 33597 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD
Can I ask one question? I see that on the WoT web page they state, and I quote, "Let us be clear: We have zero tolerance to cheating." If you give a warning first ..... how is that "zero tolerance"? ("zero tolerance" usually implies that if you're caught .... you're kicked out - period.)

kayfoo #19 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 20:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 34622 battles
  • [TANAR] TANAR

This helps but at the same time theres a whole new wave of "rerolls" that just destroy lower tiers. And these rerolls have gold and premium tanks because the ban wont take those away

Its actually even better for cheaters that are trying to get better stats with all the extra xp, training books, reserves, bonds, planos, etc going up the tech trees takes days not months like it used to be

Nowadays you can see people with 2k battles and 5 tier 10 tanks

I would rather have them suspended from playing (playing at all) for 2 or 3 months

Laz0rtank #20 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 21:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 9929 battles
  • [-RH-] -RH-
That's great and all but some of the mods that are "legal" are basically cheating. the zoom out mod, XVM, team health bars, etc. mods all provide an unfair advantage for those using them. I think in the interest of fair play wargaming should consider either incorporating these mods into the game or outright banning them because they do give players unfair advantages by providing information such as player skill or health that IS technically able to be discerned ingame without mods, but makes said information displayed in an easy to digest and readily available way that really isn't fair for those without said mods.

Also tagged with KRZY, Fair play, Fair play policy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users