56 replies to this topic

BaconMeLoveIt #21 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 23:07

Major

• -Players-
  • 15341 battles
  • [VX] VX

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 28 2020 - 07:51, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

It doesn't pay to cheat on an online game. You will get found by our Liam Neesan, Jedi Assassin, and gets the skills applied to your account. 

In this analogy WoT his is little Padawan and will come at you with everything. 

"Today, we've taken another step in this direction and placed a massive ban wave across all servers. In this wave for the Americas, we’ve penalized 178 accounts: 92 of these received their first warning, and 86 were banned permanently. All players who were banned during this ban wave will be removed from the Ranked Battles leaderboard."-Liam Neesan - KRZYBooP

More information on the bans can be found HERE.

Good luck and play fair!

Why doesn't WG publish the names of the cheaters?

Need to have that "Hall of Shame".

DrWho_ #22 Posted Jul 28 2020 - 23:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 37363 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostLaz0rtank, on Jul 28 2020 - 21:00, said:

That's great and all but some of the mods that are "legal" are basically cheating. the zoom out mod, XVM, team health bars, etc. mods all provide an unfair advantage for those using them. I think in the interest of fair play wargaming should consider either incorporating these mods into the game or outright banning them because they do give players unfair advantages by providing information such as player skill or health that IS technically able to be discerned ingame without mods, but makes said information displayed in an easy to digest and readily available way that really isn't fair for those without said mods.

So displaying info that is already available in the game, per your own words, in a more accessible way is cheating ?

ammo18 #23 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 01:47

Private

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [EGHO] EGHO
Ban the use of WarPack....... talk about unfair play.

OmegaGuy #24 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 01:50

Private

• Players
  • 9055 battles
  • [LUGER] LUGER
..about fracking time..post the names of the cheaters...

ViseGrip #25 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 01:51

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 52659 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

Saw a couple top rated clans in clan wars, some sort hit box mod.... Knew every weak spot on the tank. Never missed or bounced a shot.... Was real fishy. But WG promotes these larger clans allows them to get away with most of it cause of the money they spend.  So them dropping a ban hammer on some of these people is just fake news, them trying to make them selves look good. Till I see a wall of shame thread updated monthly... Just fake news people.

ammo18 #26 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 01:54

Private

• Players
  • 21071 battles
  • [EGHO] EGHO

I have been hearing from several players the war pack requires a premium account to buy into war pack. war pack is one of the most unfair mods out there. I doubt WG will do anything due to war pack requiring a premium account.

War Gaming, please prove me wrong and say War Pack is a banned mod.

ViseGrip #27 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 02:07

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 52659 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY
shot_021.jpg..... Some one tell me what that circle is on the ground?? Only have seen it a couple times in my many years being in game.

ViseGrip #28 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 52659 battles
  • [ROCKY] ROCKY

View Postammo18, on Jul 29 2020 - 00:54, said:

I have been hearing from several players the war pack requires a premium account to buy into war pack. war pack is one of the most unfair mods out there. I doubt WG will do anything due to war pack requiring a premium account.

Good luck with that..... I have heard. Can't remember where. That warpacks address is the same town as WG just down the street a ways. Not sure how true that was.... Just sayin.

HeavyMetalSix #29 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 03:14

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 60464 battles
bans you say? timeouts you say? warnings?  NA's self-proclaimed best scout is still at it so what about that?

Norseskald #30 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 04:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25798 battles
  • [SKALD] SKALD

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Jul 28 2020 - 23:07, said:

because they dont ban players, they look at their pocket book and thats it. 

bake3020 #31 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 04:10

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles
Actually, they remove them from the forums and it makes it look like they have been banned.

stealthesw #32 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 05:23

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV
Anyone can do a search for the mod pack that is being used, including WG. If WG wanted to ban it they most certainly could, but they wont. The mod site is still advertising and their forum is still being used to this day. Since the site is still up and people are still posting to it, that tells me WG does not care or is getting compensation when the mod set in question is downloaded. In order for it to work you have to have WoT premium and pay a monthly fee for the mod as well. This means that there is a monetary incentive to look the other way. As long as this mod is allowed on any level then this game cannot be considered as an actual ESport. So any participation in this game or its development is entirely for entertainment only, whos I have yet to figure out.

sailorboy7982 #33 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 07:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 25685 battles
  • [STB1] STB1

View Postgpc_4, on Jul 28 2020 - 10:05, said:

Names won't be posted because a permanent ban isn't really a ban. They let those that are permanently banned reset their account and lose tech tree progress. They keep their prem tanks and gold. 

Really? Is this true? If so, I did not know this.

grego34 #34 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 08:40

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 35070 battles
i wonder how many on the list were on my "Black List"  

stealthesw #35 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 10:10

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV

Go check out the forum for warpack and you can match names to accounts in game. Some people are smart enough to change their name in game or on the WP forum, so there is that. I have matched names in the past to actual in game accounts. Some could be a coincidence, but some are just too unique to be a different person. I know one guy was on there a couple days ago complaining his aim was not working correctly and he got a response back from the moderator. Also in their forum they talk about how WG scans for the cheats and that WoWS scans for cheats more often than WoT because they have different developers. They even say that you should not play for a few days after a WoWS update because of the scan. There is even a post from a guy that is upset his clan is not higher in the Clan Wars ranking while using the mods from WP. It is all on the site. WP is a real thing and it is making the game less fun. They straight up tell you not to contact WG if any user has an issue with the modpack.

Hopefully WG can get things figured out soon. I think, after further review of the WP forum, that WG is trying to crack down on these illegal modders. The developers from WP have more time on their hands to exploit WG software than WG has to find all the cheaters and maintain the game. (WP is not the only mod pack that is questionable I bet.)

Viper2112 #36 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 12:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43659 battles
I have always played the "stock" game and think to make it even it should be a stock game(no mods) or they should include them IN the game.. but as to these guys getting banned...makes me gleeful to see sh****rs get the ban hammer.

Lord_Braap #37 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 13:28

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24913 battles

View PostPapaBear_3110, on Jul 28 2020 - 14:03, said:

Can I ask one question? I see that on the WoT web page they state, and I quote, "Let us be clear: We have zero tolerance to cheating." If you give a warning first ..... how is that "zero tolerance"? ("zero tolerance" usually implies that if you're caught .... you're kicked out - period.)

This^^ and didn't they just do a game-wide amnesty and restore all the cheater accounts that have been caught and banned since the beginning of the game?  Don't think they understand the "zero tolerance" concept.

FrDashing #38 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 14:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28917 battles
  • [-BC-F] -BC-F
Which is why vanilla is the way to go. 

slayer6 #39 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 16:51

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15274 battles
I stopped believing WG.net's philosophy on cheating when, instead of banning that 3D SPG mod (WoT Battle Assistant), they copied and added it to the game...

Edited by slayer6, Jul 29 2020 - 16:51.

KRZYBooP #40 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 18:29

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 4803 battles
  • [WGA] WGA

View Postbad_73, on Jul 28 2020 - 11:27, said:

Just get rid of the mod door.Instead of having a door open for free development that lets peeps cheat,wg needs to do their own developing...wg is letting people cheat with this mod door to save money.

Mods always exist for PC games. You can't say no. Players always find a way around the securities. There are some precautions that are taken by WG such as server-side calculations to stop players from changing damage and RNG values, but everything else is taken through the MOD portal that is researched by our team, every update to  ensure they are legal.

View PostPapaBear_3110, on Jul 28 2020 - 13:03, said:

Can I ask one question? I see that on the WoT web page they state, and I quote, "Let us be clear: We have zero tolerance to cheating." If you give a warning first ..... how is that "zero tolerance"? ("zero tolerance" usually implies that if you're caught .... you're kicked out - period.)

Depends on the violation. Some are 1 strike see ya and others aren't. WG allows this discretion in the EULA. 

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Jul 28 2020 - 16:07, said:

Cause WG also has penalty appeals. If your name is published once as a cheater then you are going to be forever known as a cheater. Even if you prove that you didn't. No take-backs on that kind of stuff in life. 

View Postammo18, on Jul 28 2020 - 18:47, said:

Ban the use of WarPack....... talk about unfair play.

Warpack is not a legal mod. 

View PostViseGrip, on Jul 28 2020 - 18:51, said:

Saw a couple top rated clans in clan wars, some sort hit box mod.... Knew every weak spot on the tank. Never missed or bounced a shot.... Was real fishy. But WG promotes these larger clans allows them to get away with most of it cause of the money they spend.  So them dropping a ban hammer on some of these people is just fake news, them trying to make them selves look good. Till I see a wall of shame thread updated monthly... Just fake news people.

Stuff like that is difficult to prove. How much of it is salty, "I am mad that this player is good." Is there 100% evidence from another player POV that shows a violation? Could there be packet loss? 

View Postammo18, on Jul 28 2020 - 18:54, said:

WG doesn't own or have anything to do with Warpack. Players that are caught with illegal mods are sanctioned for them as seen above. 

Also tagged with KRZY, Fair play, Fair play policy

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users