• Please log in to reply
56 replies to this topic

JDF #41 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 19:09

Major

• Players
  • 24636 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostBaconMeLoveIt, on Jul 28 2020 - 23:07, said:

Why doesn't WG publish the names of the cheaters?

Need to have that "Hall of Shame".

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 29 2020 - 18:29, said:

Cause WG also has penalty appeals. If your name is published once as a cheater then you are going to be forever known as a cheater. Even if you prove that you didn't. No take-backs on that kind of stuff in life.

That is easy to fix. As in real life, a player has the option to appeal. But there is a timelimit on that. If that timelimit has passed (let's say 2 weeks), de penalty (ban) is permanent and the name of the banned player can be added to the 'name and shame list'. If the appeal is successful (in that given timeframe), the ban is undone and the name will not be publiced.

Fourth_CAD #42 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 19:27

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 13210 battles
  • [2CMBG] 2CMBG

Here is an example..  Had a questionable game with this player "eccoh" and got the idea above to look at warpack forum.. and there is POST from eccoh going on about how he cant get the aim he paid for configured properly.  Gonna do something about this WG??? He even says clearly "aiming in WOT".

https://forum.warpac...?topic=5387.0     

There is the evidence. Its screen shot as well.  Wondering if his clan BWSO cares.. ill let the commander know - update they do care, and the cmdr is wanting to get to the bottom of it. maybe the only repercussion we have with the current reporting system

Edited by Fourth_CAD, Jul 30 2020 - 02:46.

JDF #43 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 19:46

Major

• Players
  • 24636 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostFourth_CAD, on Jul 29 2020 - 19:27, said:

Here is an example..  Had a questionable game with this player "<snip>" and got the idea above to look at warpack forum.. and there is POST from eccoh going on about how he cant get the aim he paid for configured properly.  Gonna do something about this WG??? He even says clearly "aiming in WOT".

There is the evidence. Its screen shot as well.  Wondering if his clan <snip> cares.. ill let the commander knows - he probably cheats too.

Probably not. A forumname of a different forum might be used by a totally different player. Imagine if I would create an account there and use the name Fourth_CAD. You would be a very unhappy man if you got a ban due to that name being used on that forum.

If you believe that this player is using illegal mods, I'd suggest you send in a ticket to support to report it along with a replay. Also point out in your ticket where support has to look specificly at (that saves them the time to watcht the whole replay). In addtion you can point out a user with the similar name has posted on that other forum.

bake3020 #44 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 22:08

Captain

• Players
  • 134 battles

View PostFourth_CAD, on Jul 29 2020 - 18:27, said:

Here is an example..  Had a questionable game with this player "eccoh" and got the idea above to look at warpack forum.. and there is POST from eccoh going on about how he cant get the aim he paid for configured properly.  Gonna do something about this WG??? He even says clearly "aiming in WOT".

There is the evidence. Its screen shot as well.  Wondering if his clan BWSO cares.. ill let the commander knows - he probably cheats too.

Go ahead and report it.  Your going to love the response you get.  Bluntly, you will be told they don't need your help and they have it under control.  Most likely it will also be scrubbed like mine was.  that's happened twice now so I don't report anything anymore.  They want to allow cheating yet turn around and bald face lie to use about banning people for it?  I don't care, let them, it's their funeral.

_Tsavo_ #45 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 23:17

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 49779 battles

View PostFrDashing, on Jul 29 2020 - 08:26, said:

Which is why vanilla is the way to go. 

Vanilla is best, all the tasty stuff is baked in these days

RCN_Artic #46 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 23:30

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

thanks for the replies guys. It was from in game then I found the forum, I take your point could be a different user using same name.. i was going off what someone had said above - threy made the suggestion and out of frustration out a game last night I checked.. I will try the reporting method you mentioned, and just move on.

Kind like when my house got broken into, was a crime committed yes, are they (cops) really gonna do anything, no. Some would argue as what can the they really do..

Thanks for the replies! See y’all out there.

Fourth. ( at work and my WOWS login is only one in my phone )

Edited by RCN_Artic, Jul 29 2020 - 23:31.

IRONshuffle #47 Posted Jul 29 2020 - 23:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 8540 battles
  • [CUFIT] CUFIT

Okay. So, no names posted...

But, I'd be interested in a break-down of reasons :

"x" number perma-banned.  

58% for this 

15% suspected of....

"x" number given slap on their naughty bits

85% for this suspected mod

etc...

give us some steak with our onions

LunaCada #48 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 01:30

Corporal

• Players
  • 48658 battles
  • [4HIM2] 4HIM2

Without the names of those that were cheating being made known, WG can say anything they want about cheating and banning.  It's all fluff. Players agree to abide by the rules. When they break them, their names should be known. 

stealthesw #49 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 01:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV

So, the way WP works according to their website https://en.warpack.net/, it uses a server between the user and the WoT servers. You would use the WP software to launch the game instead of the WG Gaming Center. So, is it my understanding that it would work like a VPN of sorts? If this is correct then the data from WoTs servers would go to WPs servers and any information change would take place before that info is sent to the user, then back on the same path. (i.e. User to WPs server then WoTs server ect.) How would that affect detectability by WG?

You can find a list of all the cheats and what they do at this link. https://cyber-tank.net/eng/warpack edit( At the top right of this page you can see how many WP users are currently online in WoT and WoWs.)

Now, to be clear. I am posting this information in the hopes that this will help to get this mod pack blocked from the game in some way. Not to promote this despicable activity.

With all that being said, I think if WG would create an account with the WP program they could stay current with the mod and have information about their software that could help to keep it blocked, until they (WP) give up on updating said software. I would think it would be easier to block it if they had the software in question and understood exactly how it works and how it is written. Just an idea.

Edited by stealthesw, Jul 30 2020 - 02:18.

P0WERWAG0N #50 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 05:20

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55615 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

so easy to fix. remove the res mods folder, have players vote in mods, allow players to select the mods from an in game menu, like we have now for other parts.

WG wont, because they run the WarPack site themselves.

stealthesw #51 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 05:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV
WP doesn't use that folder. It has a separate launcher that uses an intermediary server. It is all explained on their website. This, I'm sure, makes it harder to track users and why WG wants people to send in video of the suspected offenders.

AshMatrix #52 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 07:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11539 battles

banning cheaters is all well and good. but how about those who make great efforts to be toxic? (racism, telling people to "kill themselves", general hate spewage and harassment)

ive played plenty of online games and while I haven't dealt with many cheaters here I can say without a doubt that World of Tanks is the most toxic gaming community ive had the displeasure of taking a part of. the worst part is the more toxic it becomes the easier it is to fall into toxic habits one's self. 

right now there is an unspoken rule in World of Tanks: DO NOT OPEN GENERAL CHAT.

sometimes general is lighthearted and genuinely helpful, but that is very seldom the case these days.

Most of the time, general looks like a thread from 4chan.org/pol/ at best. 

either no one seems to get chat bans anymore or they do but no one cares.  these chat offenses need to have real consequence to them. account suspension or deletion. that kind of hatred should have no place in an online videogame.

Tahllol #53 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16905 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-
You know they are not banning RU server, they wouldn't have any players left.

stealthesw #54 Posted Aug 18 2020 - 22:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 18535 battles
  • [CDEV] CDEV

Links from warpack forum. This is still a problem and is now allowing cheats in Steel Hunter. As well as starting to look like it contains malware.

https://forum.warpack.net/index.php?topic=5425.0

https://forum.warpack.net/index.php?topic=5423.0

https://forum.warpack.net/index.php?topic=5422.0

https://forum.warpack.net/index.php?topic=5403.0

Tahllol #55 Posted Aug 19 2020 - 00:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16905 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 28 2020 - 16:51, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

It doesn't pay to cheat on an online game. You will get found by our Liam Neesan, Jedi Assassin, and gets the skills applied to your account. 

In this analogy WoT his is little Padawan and will come at you with everything. 

"Today, we've taken another step in this direction and placed a massive ban wave across all servers. In this wave for the Americas, we’ve penalized 178 accounts: 92 of these received their first warning, and 86 were banned permanently. All players who were banned during this ban wave will be removed from the Ranked Battles leaderboard."-Liam Neesan - KRZYBooP

More information on the bans can be found HERE.

Good luck and play fair!

It does in WOT you reward cheaters constantly by not banning them for botting. When a player has tens of thousands of matches including tier 10 and less than 1 shot damage per match, sub 100 win8, bottomed out PR, and stats of someone with 50 games that is just learning,you are rewarding cheating.

Tahllol #56 Posted Aug 19 2020 - 00:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 16905 battles
  • [-SSS-] -SSS-

View PostAshMatrix, on Jul 30 2020 - 07:50, said:

banning cheaters is all well and good. but how about those who make great efforts to be toxic? (racism, telling people to "kill themselves", general hate spewage and harassment)

ive played plenty of online games and while I haven't dealt with many cheaters here I can say without a doubt that World of Tanks is the most toxic gaming community ive had the displeasure of taking a part of. the worst part is the more toxic it becomes the easier it is to fall into toxic habits one's self. 

right now there is an unspoken rule in World of Tanks: DO NOT OPEN GENERAL CHAT.

sometimes general is lighthearted and genuinely helpful, but that is very seldom the case these days.

Most of the time, general looks like a thread from 4chan.org/pol/ at best. 

either no one seems to get chat bans anymore or they do but no one cares.  these chat offenses need to have real consequence to them. account suspension or deletion. that kind of hatred should have no place in an online videogame.

You must not play many online games. It is common place to shame horrible players that refuse to even learn the basics of the game.

AshMatrix #57 Posted Sep 19 2020 - 10:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 11539 battles

View PostTahllol, on Aug 18 2020 - 17:33, said:

You must not play many online games. It is common place to shame horrible players that refuse to even learn the basics of the game.

this is not at all what im talking about. getting frustrated and raging at poor players is going to happen regardless of what wg does. im talking mostly about people who dont play, but instead sit and spew inflammatory garbage both in game and in general chat in the garage. they do this "for the lulz" bc  "kek wg wont do s#!% about it". 

also, to touch on your post, anyone who things shaming a horrible player is going to make them better is an idiot. anyone who does so in a racist or otherwise hateful fashion (i.e. telling people to "kill themselves&quot;) is far worse and shouldn't play online games, period. you never know how your words affect others on the internet, and there are young kids that play games like this, what does that kind of behavior teach them? 

Also tagged with KRZY, Fair play, Fair play policy

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users