Jump to content


Incoming! Amnesty for some players!

KRZY Amnesty Penalties

  • Please log in to reply
105 replies to this topic

KRZYBooP #1 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:34

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 4628 battles
  • 1,027
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

Starting 3Aug there will be a chance for many players to receive amnesty and have bans taken off their accounts. NOT ALL BANS ARE BEING FORGIVEN. 

 

Some violations are just too awful to forgive, but others such as team damage are now forgiven. Especially since you can't damage your team anymore. 

 

To see if you qualify for Amnesty please click HERE.

 

 



heavymetal1967 #2 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 77983 battles
  • 25,555
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

KRZY not sure if you can answer, but just curious.

 

Why unban riggers aka "contractual battles"?   Doubt you have the official answer on that, but doesn't hurt to ask.

 

And it sounds like there will be a zero tolerance on folks that get unbanned, so essentially they'll be on four strikes.

 

Block Quote

 

We hope players who receive amnesty are able to learn from their mistakes and maintain fair play principles. But if they’re caught violating the rules again, they will be banned immediately, this time for good. — Anton Pankov, Product Director

 

 



GeisterKatze #3 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:48

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 25417 battles
  • 3,452
  • [7CR] 7CR
  • Member since:
    07-28-2011
Why not make them pay...say $100usd or equivalent...to get unbanned?

Suicidal_Enemy #4 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:48

    Captain

  • Players
  • 50120 battles
  • 1,770
  • Member since:
    12-01-2013
Do you lose warnings?

_Tsavo_ #5 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:52

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 48829 battles
  • 21,284
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    02-16-2011
Not sure how I feel about this one

AndrewSledge #6 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 17:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39355 battles
  • 2,434
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014
Will there be amnesty for forum bans? Can we plan a party for everyone's favorite E-25 driver?

heavymetal1967 #7 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:00

    Major

  • Players
  • 77983 battles
  • 25,555
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostSuicidal_Enemy, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:48, said:

Do you lose warnings?

 

It doesn't sound like anyone is getting reset and folks unbanned will be tossed out again if they violate.

 

But that's my interpretation, similar to opinions.  I'd post the DIrty Harry quote on them, but I'd get a strike and we're past the amnesty deadline.  :D



KRZYBooP #8 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:00

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 4628 battles
  • 1,027
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 30 2020 - 10:44, said:

KRZY not sure if you can answer, but just curious.

 

Why unban riggers aka "contractual battles"?   Doubt you have the official answer on that, but doesn't hurt to ask.

 

And it sounds like there will be a zero tolerance on folks that get unbanned, so essentially they'll be on four strikes.

 

 

 

 

Partaking in contractual battles (when two or more players negotiate and engage in a battle with a predetermined outcome)

That line is vague IMO. Participating such as guilty by association? Or do they mean mass events like rampage mode? End of the day it's up to WG, and they get to decide where that line is drawn. 



heavymetal1967 #9 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:03

    Major

  • Players
  • 77983 battles
  • 25,555
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO
  • Member since:
    05-30-2012

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 30 2020 - 12:00, said:

 

Partaking in contractual battles (when two or more players negotiate and engage in a battle with a predetermined outcome)

That line is vague IMO. Participating such as guilty by association? Or do they mean mass events like rampage mode? End of the day it's up to WG, and they get to decide where that line is drawn. 

 

Thanks BooP.  I took that means rigging period.  Never considered they MIGHT draw a line.

 

Zero tolerance on unbanned folks?  Or can you advise?   TIA.  Meant to pose that as a question. 



NoBoater #10 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:17

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36714 battles
  • 511
  • [J4F] J4F
  • Member since:
    10-30-2013
Hmmm. Does this mean current riggers will be back before they are really banned?

USMCGomerPyle #11 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 41026 battles
  • 197
  • Member since:
    10-17-2012
So anyone who got banned like a few months ago or so will not get amnesty but everyone prior to March 2020 will? What is so special about prior to March 2020? Did those people after march do anything less worse? If your going to to an Amnesty program then just do it for all regardless of the date. I just do not get this, so if someone read about the upcoming amnesty program and stopped they get amnesty, but if someone did not read about it and got banned say in April, May or June they are crap out of luck and they get no chance to repent so to speak? Did your warnings tell them about the upcoming amnesty program?

Edited by USMCGomerPyle, Jul 30 2020 - 18:21.


GWyatt #12 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:26

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5508 battles
  • 892
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

View PostUSMCGomerPyle, on Jul 30 2020 - 12:18, said:

So anyone who got banned like a few months ago or so will not get amnesty but everyone prior to March 2020 will? What is so special about prior to March 2020? Did those people after march do anything less worse? If your going to to an Amnesty program then just do it for all regardless of the date. I just do not get this, so if someone read about the upcoming amnesty program and stopped they get amnesty, but if someone did not read about it and got banned say in April, May or June they are crap out of luck and they get no chance to repent so to speak? Did your warnings tell them about the upcoming amnesty program?

 

The date is when they announced the upcoming amnesty program. So the possibility is that those who were banned after that announcement may have done so thinking they would get unbanned, which they did not.



__WarChild__ #13 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:29

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39975 battles
  • 7,921
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

Will people be able to get previous Forum warnings removed?  Especially since they were all based upon a disagreement on humor about teamkilling and teamkilling isn't even possible anymore?

 

Asking for a friend...  :girl:

 

__WarChild__



KRZYBooP #14 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:50

    Community Coordinator

  • -Players-
  • 4628 battles
  • 1,027
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Post__WarChild__, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:29, said:

Will people be able to get previous Forum warnings removed?  Especially since they were all based upon a disagreement on humor about teamkilling and teamkilling isn't even possible anymore?

 

Asking for a friend...  :girl:

 

__WarChild__

 

Don't think amnesty is aimed at the forums. Sorry friend of Warchild, that def isn't Warchild, but certainly could be considering the context of the questionnnnnnn. 

 

View Postheavymetal1967, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:03, said:

 

Thanks BooP.  I took that means rigging period.  Never considered they MIGHT draw a line.

 

Zero tolerance on unbanned folks?  Or can you advise?   TIA.  Meant to pose that as a question. 

 

Yes, zero-tolerance on people that are given amnesty and didn't learn their lesson.



ArmoredCorps #15 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:51

    Major

  • Players
  • 63464 battles
  • 6,426
  • [-619-] -619-
  • Member since:
    02-07-2011
This is a bold strategy, Cotton.

Heywod #16 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:52

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 8271 battles
  • 24
  • [GIVUP] GIVUP
  • Member since:
    06-05-2014
Free my ninja Daki

MagillaGuerilla #17 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:56

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 26250 battles
  • 5,012
  • Member since:
    01-06-2013

Attention comrades !!! We banned a bunch of players !!!

Attention comrades !!! We're giving a bunch of players amnesty !!!

These guys should work for the government.



_VIA_ #18 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 18:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 21991 battles
  • 5,053
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    06-12-2012
Personally I'm more than a little horrified that this is WG policy - I can only hope the majority of these folks moved on and found a different well of content.

I for one do not want these people coming back.

olemetalripper #19 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 19:03

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 79353 battles
  • 22
  • Member since:
    11-03-2011
Once a cheat, always a cheat i say, and a lot of cheats still play.

__WarChild__ #20 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 19:03

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39975 battles
  • 7,921
  • [OPIC] OPIC
  • Member since:
    06-03-2017

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:50, said:

Don't think amnesty is aimed at the forums. Sorry friend of Warchild, that def isn't Warchild, but certainly could be considering the context of the questionnnnnnn. 

 

 

I have a lot of friends...  :girl:

 

But hypothetically speaking, if someone had 3 Warning Points from a previous disagreement.  Wouldn't it be best to start a fresh slate so that any future misperceived warnings wouldn't result in a 30 day ban?  BTW - I already know WG's answer to this as I have asked (for a friend) before this post.  I guess it's more of a suggestion than a question.

 

I can confirm though that my particular brand of humor is not always understood or appreciated, especially in our CC private chat.  However, I laugh every time :teethhappy:







Also tagged with KRZY, Amnesty, Penalties

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users