Incoming! Making Bonds more available to the masses!

KRZY Bonds Do you read this? Press 1

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

madogthefirst #21 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 19:39

Major

• Players
  • 26290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC
"Earn more bonds" while removing ways to earn bonds across all tiers and putting a cap on how much you can earn. Classic WG fixing something that wasn't broken.

Insanefriend #22 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 51895 battles

I think what WG needs is a better reason to get people playing tier ten battles.  Bonds doesn't seem like a good choice for forcing people into tier ten only.  As they were added as a way to reward players for doing well in battles or various game modes.  This change really just makes them a stay to grind resource, rather then you preformed well in game reward resource.

Anyone have any ideas as to what would get more people playing tier ten?

I'd say tighten up the mm so that it's only tier 9/10, as I hate playing tier ten and fighting eights.  This would have the added effect of better econ at tier ten as you don't take the down tier damage penalty as much for xp and credit earning.  This would also fix some of the tier eight vs ten balance problems.

Edited by Insanefriend, Jul 30 2020 - 19:41.

SlappedbyRommel #23 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 19:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 13019 battles
  • [SHRKE] SHRKE

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 30 2020 - 19:40, said:

I think what WG needs is a better reason to get people playing tier ten battles.  Bonds doesn't seem like a good choice for forcing people into tier ten only.  As they were added as a way to reward players for doing well in battles or various game modes.  This change really just makes them a stay to grind resource, rather then you preformed well in game reward resource.

I'd say tighten up the mm so that it's only tier 9/10, as I hate playing tier ten and fighting eights.  This would have the added effect of better econ at tier ten as you don't take the down tier damage penalty as much for xp and credit earning.  This would also fix some of the tier eight vs ten balance problems.

Pretty easy to get people to play T10 is to make the economy better for making credits - not loosing them one of the reasons I don't go into the deep end WG has made the economy less and less in the 3 years I have played the game. Also, I try not to shoot gold unless shot at with gold but recently a lot of folks are spitting it.

death_stryker #24 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 20:31

Captain

• -Players-
  • 4614 battles

View PostInsanefriend, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:40, said:

The problem is that, for most players, tier 10 is just not enjoyable to play. To be blunt, if you're not shooting gold, you're at a massive disadvantage. The only way to remedy that is to increase credit earnings, which WG will never do as it will hurt their bottom line. Add oppressive reward tanks (that won't be nerfed) into the mix and you get the toxic gameplay of tier 10. 

Also, there is no ingame progress to be made, since tier 10 earns neither credits nor experience, and bonds are fairly useless for the majority of the playerbase. 

What would get more people playing? Make tier 10 more fun, or make it worth playing for ingame progress.

Edited by death_stryker, Jul 30 2020 - 20:33.

EdibleEmpire #25 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 21:32

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28300 battles
  • [THREW] THREW

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 30 2020 - 12:39, said:

It's getting capped due to how easy it will be to earn bonds now, and it resets weekly. 

You will still be able to earn bonds in some events, missions, and other things that WG will provide. 

And yes you can still platoon with your non-tier 10 friends and earn bonds in your tier 10 tank. 

But the two biggest things that seem to be in the details of this update related to bonds:

1) Bonds can only be earned at tier 10 going forward from when this is implemented

2) You are capped on individual tanks

So while yes, your average player with lots of tier 10s who likes variety will find he can probably earn bonds a little faster than he did before at tier 10... he won't earn any below tier 10 which is a huge nerf because he's likely not making credits at tier 10. And good players will find they are earning bonds slower than before where you could easily earn 20+ in a game where now it seems like "hey you're top X, here's a few bonds".

If the goal was to encourage people to play tier 10s and play more variety at tier 10... there must be better ways to do this.

Because everything I'm reading seems like it will take more time to earn bonds assuming you can get the occasional big game at tier 10 - high caliber, top gun, patrol duty - and you will have to have more tanks unlocked and play them to earn fewer of those bonds. 

I'm just not a fan of locking something up after some of the playerbase has had a massive headstart and gotten improved equipment for many, many more tanks than your average player.

We're talking about 2.5% better performance, 2.5% faster reload, 5% less accuracy penalties, 2.5% more view range. 

For years I haven't been too big a fan of crew skills but hey - I will give Wargaming credit - it was addressed with these crew books, with boosters to crew experience, with premium tanks. Now it's not difficult to get BIA if you play regularly. That's great. It makes the game more about skill. Now is this new system perfect? No. Someone with a max crew will have a small advantage over someone who does not. But at least achieving a 3-5 skill crew is much easier and faster and that cuts down on the gap.

So why not the same approach with bond equipment? Why not close the gap between people without and people with? Reduce the gap and make it more about the skill and strategy of the players involved and not an extra 2.5% on your ventilation system because you had 4K or 9K bonds to spend and your opponent did not.

Now if the problem is Wargaming doesn't want to give away premiums on the bond shop... then raise prices or something. Or put in this change and lower the price of bond equipment so it's easier to access with the bond earnings limitation.

I mean ultimately this won't impact me much since I earn most of my bonds from events and then Battle Pass but the update looks like it punishes two groups - the people who play World of Tanks alot and the people who are good at World of Tanks. And it just seems like they aren't groups you would want to antagonize (not you specifically but developers in RU or wherever who came up with this idea).

Edited by EdibleEmpire, Jul 30 2020 - 21:35.

Badkarma #26 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 21:50

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 30 2020 - 18:01, said:

Nerfing bond earnings and calling it a buff is the most WG thing I've ever seen.

So much this. I get it Krzy needs to prop up all things WG but this is a straight up nerf in bond income for most and will force anybody grinding bonds to play ALL of their tier Xs to get bonds thus losing more credits and lining WG's pockets more.  This combined with Crapquipment 2.0 and the Italian nerfs may make this the worst patch in the 9 years i've been playing this game.

madogthefirst #27 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 22:00

Major

• Players
  • 26290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostEdibleEmpire, on Jul 30 2020 - 12:32, said:

Spoiler

It already cost nothing to leave in the drip feed that is bonds earned from medals doing so will probably make a lot of people fairly content with the changes, but no it has to go because reasons. 

DrWho_ #28 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 22:11

Major

• -Players-
  • 32781 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View Postmadogthefirst, on Jul 30 2020 - 22:00, said:

It already cost nothing to leave in the drip feed that is bonds earned from medals doing so will probably make a lot of people fairly content with the changes, but no it has to go because reasons. 

Yeah I mean those few bonds you can earn in mid tiers are next to nothing, it's nothing that encourages people to stay there in itself.

It's just another play from WG to "force" people into playing tier 10 and I'm not biting because tier 10 is so boring I can't stand it. The small maps we get a lot of the times are not made for the vision range tier 10 tanks have and you're basically permaspotted for most of the battle

Then comes the gold spam and half the players having botted their way to the top tier and then don't have a clue to play so the battles are almost as messy as they are in low tiers. Tier 8 is the highest I play regularly, at least my Premium tanks are earning me credits and I don't see EBR105's that often

DrWho_ #29 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 22:20

Major

• -Players-
  • 32781 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostBadkarma, on Jul 30 2020 - 21:50, said:

So much this. I get it Krzy needs to prop up all things WG but this is a straight up nerf in bond income for most and will force anybody grinding bonds to play ALL of their tier Xs to get bonds thus losing more credits and lining WG's pockets more.  This combined with Crapquipment 2.0 and the Italian nerfs may make this the worst patch in the 9 years i've been playing this game.

You get the feeling that hardly anyone at WG play the game anymore, they just sit around and throw out ideas to make themselves look useful

DREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS #30 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 22:26

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37087 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:01, said:

Nerfing bond earnings and calling it a buff is the most WG thing I've ever seen.

I'm sad that I can only upvote this once.

EdibleEmpire #31 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 22:34

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 28300 battles
  • [THREW] THREW

View Postmadogthefirst, on Jul 30 2020 - 16:00, said:

The only part of that video I understood is it's a bit clearer to someone casually looking at how the system worked and how to earn a specific number of bonds.

Tier 10. 7 bonds for top 3 winning team, 5 for 4-10 on winning team, 5 bonds and 3 bonds for same ranks on losing team. 

But other than that it seems kind of misleading. Yes your average player might earn a bit faster at tier 10... until they reach the weekly cap. And then they lose. A good player who could earn an epic medal every few battles is just flat out losing. The only thing they have gained is a clearer picture of just how they are not making as many bonds as they used to.

Edited by EdibleEmpire, Jul 30 2020 - 22:36.

AllardLiao117 #32 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:17

Private

• -Players-
  • 9243 battles
  • [DTC] DTC

Hmm... Let me take a look at all the Tier 10 tanks in my garage. Oh, wait. I HAVE NONE. Alright. Let's expand it to the number I am anywhere close to getting. Um... yeah.

Please, for the love of all that is holy in the world, DON'T REMOVE BOND-EARNING POTENTIAL FROM LOWER-TIER TANKS!!!

rogombor #33 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:49

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28358 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

View PostDrWho_, on Jul 30 2020 - 18:20, said:

You get the feeling that hardly anyone at WG play the game anymore, they just sit around and throw out ideas to make themselves look useful

Exactly, it's like they need to justify they paychecks by changing things around.

Badkarma #34 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:51

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

View PostDREAD_PIRATE_R0BERTS, on Jul 30 2020 - 22:26, said:

I'm sad that I can only upvote this once.

There you go:izmena:

Badkarma #35 Posted Jul 30 2020 - 23:55

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

View PostDrWho_, on Jul 30 2020 - 22:11, said:

Yeah I mean those few bonds you can earn in mid tiers are next to nothing, it's nothing that encourages people to stay there in itself.

It's just another play from WG to "force" people into playing tier 10 and I'm not biting because tier 10 is so boring I can't stand it. The small maps we get a lot of the times are not made for the vision range tier 10 tanks have and you're basically permaspotted for most of the battle

Then comes the gold spam and half the players having botted their way to the top tier and then don't have a clue to play so the battles are almost as messy as they are in low tiers. Tier 8 is the highest I play regularly, at least my Premium tanks are earning me credits and I don't see EBR105's that often

Don't worry though, with Crapquipment 2.0 there's a Sheridan build that will give you 621m view range, take away 20% of your competitors' camo value while stationary and take 12.5% of it while they're moving; perfect for small maps. Countdown hits 0 and you're spotted in base.

Casual_Boops #36 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 00:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38495 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostBadkarma, on Jul 30 2020 - 16:55, said:

Don't worry though, with Crapquipment 2.0 there's a Sheridan build that will give you 621m view range, take away 20% of your competitors' camo value while stationary and take 12.5% of it while they're moving; perfect for small maps. Countdown hits 0 and you're spotted in base.

So the Sheridan might be worth playing? Is that what I'm hearing?

Cahill_USMarshall #37 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 01:04

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 102870 battles
So, the way I understand this is simple terms - Only Tier X's will be able to earn bonds - yes or no???? I mean, I have Tier X's and I do play them, but I play the lower tier tanks more meaning they don't earn bonds unless it's an event, mission or whatever.  I swear, if I didn't know any better WG your trying awfully hard to just piss off the players and drive them away from the game. And with Crapquipment 2.0 coming in the next update will just reinforce all the comments that you all (WG) have lost your minds.

I guess in your world (WG) that K.I.S.S. - Keep It Simple Stupid does not register with making the game better.  You all are going to look back one day and there will be a collective thought " WTH were we thinking???? We had a great idea for a game and we trashed it trying to be clever adding stuff no one wanted. "

mrmojo #38 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 01:46

Major

• Players
  • 20503 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
Nerfs bond earnings. Promotes easier bonds for the masses.

1984 - Big Brother cuts the chocolate ration from 40 to 20 grams. Announces: We have raised the chocolate ration to 20 grams.

Is WG actually serious?

And as for krzybop? How about answering the question - are all non tier 10's losing the ability to earn bonds?

TornadoADV #39 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 02:16

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 27537 battles
  • [ESC] ESC
There was literally no reason to remove bond earnings from Epic and Battle Hero medals to actually make them worth something instead of pointless pixels in a tab of your player history that nobody cares about. :facepalm:

Casual_Boops #40 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 02:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 38495 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostTornadoADV, on Jul 30 2020 - 19:16, said:

There was literally no reason to remove bond earnings from Epic and Battle Hero medals to actually make them worth something instead of pointless pixels in a tab of your player history that nobody cares about. :facepalm:

It's because of Lordsheen

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users