Jump to content


Incoming! Making Bonds more available to the masses!

KRZY Bonds Do you read this? Press 1

  • Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

TornadoADV #41 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 04:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27537 battles
  • 873
  • [ESC] ESC
  • Member since:
    01-05-2012

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 30 2020 - 20:54, said:

 

It's because of Lordsheen


Suiscouts are at least a modicum more useful then botters, AFKers and redliners.



rogombor #42 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 05:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 28358 battles
  • 525
  • [NBL] NBL
  • Member since:
    05-29-2013

View Postmrmojo, on Jul 30 2020 - 21:46, said:

Nerfs bond earnings. Promotes easier bonds for the masses.

1984 - Big Brother cuts the chocolate ration from 40 to 20 grams. Announces: We have raised the chocolate ration to 20 grams.

Is WG actually serious?


And as for krzybop? How about answering the question - are all non tier 10's losing the ability to earn bonds?
 


It's like when they claimed replacing the rewards for merit was to benefit players. I rarely get any blueprints at all now outside the ones from the battle pass events, which are for two nations only.



MartysTank #43 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 18:34

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 19242 battles
  • 353
  • Member since:
    03-09-2013

View PostCasual_Boops, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:01, said:

Nerfing bond earnings and calling it a buff is the most WG thing I've ever seen.

Right, less is more some how!



Insanefriend #44 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 18:47

    Major

  • Players
  • 51895 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View Postrogombor, on Jul 30 2020 - 22:44, said:

It's like when they claimed replacing the rewards for merit was to benefit players. I rarely get any blueprints at all now outside the ones from the battle pass events, which are for two nations only.

 

I wish I got something other then blueprints from the daily missions.  Heck I re roll them for even piddle amounts of credits.  Downside to having everything unlocked.



AshMatrix #45 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 04:19

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 10465 battles
  • 9
  • Member since:
    04-16-2014
ive had this account since 2014 and have NEVER owned a tier 10 tank. most games I play are in tier 4-7. I enjoy getting small amounts of bonds from the good games I have, but now it looks like I wont be getting any bonds. just another nail in the coffin for WoT.

Buttknuckle #46 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 07:11

    Major

  • Players
  • 56813 battles
  • 3,497
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ
  • Member since:
    03-19-2013

Dear WG,

If you want to develop a new way for players to earn bonds, why dont you make it so we can sell the directives we earn as "rewards" for 50% of their bond value in the bond shop? You know, sort of like we can currently do with every other type of consumable.



scotimusso #47 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 11:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 4604 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    10-19-2019
Seems like this is only applicable to tier X players of which I'm not.  Big Whoop.

Badkarma #48 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 11:49

    Captain

  • Players
  • 32257 battles
  • 1,458
  • Member since:
    04-26-2011

View PostAshMatrix, on Aug 01 2020 - 04:19, said:

ive had this account since 2014 and have NEVER owned a tier 10 tank. most games I play are in tier 4-7. I enjoy getting small amounts of bonds from the good games I have, but now it looks like I wont be getting any bonds. just another nail in the coffin for WoT.

Yup, no more bonds for clubbing.



KRZYBooP #49 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:11

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4628 battles
  • 1,016
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Postmrmojo, on Jul 30 2020 - 18:46, said:

Nerfs bond earnings. Promotes easier bonds for the masses.

1984 - Big Brother cuts the chocolate ration from 40 to 20 grams. Announces: We have raised the chocolate ration to 20 grams.

Is WG actually serious?


And as for krzybop? How about answering the question - are all non tier 10's losing the ability to earn bonds?
 

 

Only, Tier 10 will be able to earn bonds. Win or lose if you do okay in a Tier 10 battle you are getting bonds. If you are the top tier in the battle bonds are easier for you to get. 

This to me sounds like a good thing. It gives me a reason to play my Tier 10 tanks, which I don't play cause I am not very good and it's really more of a waste of credits unless I am on stream. 

 

From all of my gaming experience, a steady supply of currency is better than a tiny random bonus that drops every once and a while, which gives you the ability to unlock end game content. 

 

I was mistaken in my earlier post about platooning with lower tiers, my apologies. 

 

This is my personal opinion, but I can understand the arguments for "why not both." 



igrp #50 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:37

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 16382 battles
  • 6
  • [PZMOE] PZMOE
  • Member since:
    06-15-2015

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 01 2020 - 17:11, said:

This is my personal opinion, but I can understand the arguments for "why not both." 

 

All of your personal opinions are pro WG. Curious



Casual_Boops #51 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:39

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 38495 battles
  • 1,979
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    05-14-2015

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 01 2020 - 10:11, said:

 

Only, Tier 10 will be able to earn bonds. Win or lose if you do okay in a Tier 10 battle you are getting bonds. If you are the top tier in the battle bonds are easier for you to get. 

This to me sounds like a good thing. It gives me a reason to play my Tier 10 tanks, which I don't play cause I am not very good and it's really more of a waste of credits unless I am on stream. 

 

From all of my gaming experience, a steady supply of currency is better than a tiny random bonus that drops every once and a while, which gives you the ability to unlock end game content. 

 

I was mistaken in my earlier post about platooning with lower tiers, my apologies. 

 

This is my personal opinion, but I can understand the arguments for "why not both." 

 

I'm not sure if you're being willfully ignorant, or something else. As I said in my earlier post, sure, you might get lots of bonds in a few battles, but previously if you had one tier 10 tank you liked you could play that and farm bonds. Now you are capped at 100 per week per tank, so if you only have a couple tier 10s, your bond earnings are severely reduced.

 

 

This is like if you used to be able to bring water to your village in a 50-gallon drum and it took a while to fill up because the water came from a garden hose. Then someone comes along and says "look, we're giving you all more water!" and increases the garden hose to a river, but also takes away your 50-gallon drum and gives you a dixie cup instead. 



TornadoADV #52 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 21:44

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 27537 battles
  • 873
  • [ESC] ESC
  • Member since:
    01-05-2012

View PostCasual_Boops, on Aug 01 2020 - 11:39, said:

 

I'm not sure if you're being willfully ignorant, or something else. As I said in my earlier post, sure, you might get lots of bonds in a few battles, but previously if you had one tier 10 tank you liked you could play that and farm bonds. Now you are capped at 100 per week per tank, so if you only have a couple tier 10s, your bond earnings are severely reduced.

 

 

This is like if you used to be able to bring water to your village in a 50-gallon drum and it took a while to fill up because the water came from a garden hose. Then someone comes along and says "look, we're giving you all more water!" and increases the garden hose to a river, but also takes away your 50-gallon drum and gives you a dixie cup instead. 

 

But you have the honor of paying the man for more dixie-cups! That's totally better then before! /s



The_Pink_Panther #53 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 04:15

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 30 2020 - 10:54, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

Bonds for everyone! 

 

The main take away from all of this: 1) War Gaming realizes they have huge problem at Tier X.  2) They are losing their player base and thus money base as well.  3) To fix this, they are bribing the average player to play more at Tier X for a few more bonds but they failed to mention the high cost of gold ammunition that is being spammed and ruining the level.  4) Instead of doing the common sense thing and fixing Tier X to make it more palatable to play at, they are instead breaking equipment with this next patch in hopes of obfuscating the obvious and misleading everyone away from the real issue here.  5) The developers just don't get it and they never will, that they need to fix this game, at all levels of play and stop trying to bribe the player base with this falsehood of bonds, bonds, bonds.



The_Pink_Panther #54 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 04:16

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 87 battles
  • 940
  • Member since:
    02-15-2012

View Postigrp, on Aug 01 2020 - 10:37, said:

 

All of your personal opinions are pro WG. Curious


Well I am sure yours would be too, publicly, if you worked for them as he does.



dominator_OwO #55 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 16:53

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 25173 battles
  • 3,931
  • [DEVON] DEVON
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostCasual_Boops, on Aug 01 2020 - 10:39, said:

 

I'm not sure if you're being willfully ignorant, or something else. As I said in my earlier post, sure, you might get lots of bonds in a few battles, but previously if you had one tier 10 tank you liked you could play that and farm bonds. Now you are capped at 100 per week per tank, so if you only have a couple tier 10s, your bond earnings are severely reduced.

 

Let's be honest no one with 1-3 tier 10s is grinding bonds, they're all still grinding more tier 10s. You can't get many bonds without grinding ranked anyways, and unless your 2 tier 10s are meta or you're really good you're likely not getting too far.



cloudwalking #56 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 17:40

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 198 battles
  • 480
  • Member since:
    08-29-2016

View PostCasual_Boops, on Aug 01 2020 - 17:39, said:

 

I'm not sure if you're being willfully ignorant, or something else. As I said in my earlier post, sure, you might get lots of bonds in a few battles, but previously if you had one tier 10 tank you liked you could play that and farm bonds. Now you are capped at 100 per week per tank, so if you only have a couple tier 10s, your bond earnings are severely reduced.

 

 

This is like if you used to be able to bring water to your village in a 50-gallon drum and it took a while to fill up because the water came from a garden hose. Then someone comes along and says "look, we're giving you all more water!" and increases the garden hose to a river, but also takes away your 50-gallon drum and gives you a dixie cup instead. 


don't expect KB to be anything but condescending, snide and deflecting.

 

expect nothing but excuses as to why this is in your best interest.



Insanefriend #57 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 18:23

    Major

  • Players
  • 51895 battles
  • 2,641
  • Member since:
    04-06-2012

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 01 2020 - 10:11, said:

From all of my gaming experience, a steady supply of currency is better than a tiny random bonus that drops every once and a while, which gives you the ability to unlock end game content. 


It isn’t a steady supply any more, I mostly don’t play tier ten, so my net income goes from 50 bonds every 30 battles at mid tiers to 0 bonds every 100 battles at mid tiers.  So steady it is not, it’s just a net loss of bond income for me.  

 

I’m pissed about the change and I don’t need the bonds, sitting on 60k and refuse to buy improved equipment.  So I’d never spend my time grinding them out in a unfun way.

 

If the reasoning is bonds are end game, why not enable bonds for all tanks once all tech trees are unlocked?  I mean I'm the poster child for end game player for WoT, everything unlocked, in garage, mostly equipped, crewed and ready for battle.  I play what tanks I feel like and play all tiers and types.  So as a end game this change means I loose out on the ability to play 450 tanks in my garage if I want bonds.  I also loose the ability to play causally with friends in platoons at mid tiers as they unlock new tanks.  This just makes me less likely to try to get friends to play the game with me as I can’t platoon with them as they work their way through the trees.  So you loose out on the social network effect of the more hard core players bringing others along for the ride.  

 

 


Edited by Insanefriend, Aug 02 2020 - 19:12.


Isola_di_Fano #58 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 14:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 25141 battles
  • 4,351
  • Member since:
    11-05-2012

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 30 2020 - 11:54, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

 

Bonds for everyone!

 

False. 

I don't play tier 10, explain HOW am I getting bonds now ... I'll wait ...

 

 

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 01 2020 - 11:11, said:

 

Only, Tier 10 will be able to earn bonds. Win or lose if you do okay in a Tier 10 battle you are getting bonds. If you are the top tier in the battle bonds are easier for you to get. 

This to me sounds like a good thing. It gives me a reason to play my Tier 10 tanks, which I don't play cause I am not very good and it's really more of a waste of credits unless I am on stream. 

 

From all of my gaming experience, a steady supply of currency is better than a tiny random bonus that drops every once and a while, which gives you the ability to unlock end game content.

 

This is my personal opinion, but I can understand the arguments for "why not both." 

 

So if you play tier 10, you can earn more bonds as you say, and then go eff up everybody else in lower tiers.

Did I get that right ?

 

By the way, there are quite a few players not interested in playing those blue prints fantasies ... in case you did not know ...

 

Bravo WG ! Well done !

 

Quick addendum:

it seems only about 10% of the games are played at tier 10 .. based on numbers I found out..again, well done WG !!!


Edited by Isola_di_Fano, Aug 03 2020 - 15:14.


RattleAndRoll #59 Posted Aug 07 2020 - 21:28

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 12436 battles
  • 15
  • [KWSN] KWSN
  • Member since:
    12-17-2013
I don't play tier 10, so my bond earnings just went to zero.  This does not motivate me to play tier 10.  It motivates me to play something else until they fix it.

GWyatt #60 Posted Aug 07 2020 - 23:12

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 5502 battles
  • 887
  • [VAN] VAN
  • Member since:
    11-23-2015

I guess I'm missing something here on earning bonds in lower tiers, because I'm still earning 25 bonds a day (or so) by completing my daily missions and I haven't even started playing tier 8 yet. The only thing I don't have now is the one or two bonds I would get with an occasional Epic Medal, which is no big deal.

 

Are all of you earning so many Epic Medals in a game that you are really missing the couple of bonds from that?

 

EDIT: In fact, I just now earned 125 bonds in a tier 5 battle by completing some missions.


Edited by GWyatt, Aug 07 2020 - 23:24.





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users