Jump to content


Incoming! Equipment 2.0

KRZY

  • Please log in to reply
374 replies to this topic

HeavyMetalMech #341 Posted Aug 07 2020 - 08:19

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 28584 battles
  • 334
  • Member since:
    04-05-2013
I've got nothing good to add. I'm not going to spend coin moving one piece of equipment to another slot when what does it matter? Make the vents, guns, camo, whatever work in a any friggin spot.The equipment used alone should determine it's value, not the square it's placed onto. Camo is camo. Placing it into the firepower slot, it's still camo. What's the point, doubling it's value when placed in the right position? Just make it work as camo. I don't need a bunch of added bonuses despite my abhorrent play style. I just want to tank and kill stuff. What a waste of time.

Whistling_Death_ #342 Posted Aug 07 2020 - 09:57

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 71191 battles
  • 4,139
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014

View PostMLD_Tank, on Aug 06 2020 - 11:21, said:

Can you no longer swap como net and binoculars for free, or am I missing something?

 

 



wolf447 #343 Posted Aug 07 2020 - 13:38

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19628 battles
  • 38
  • [AWFP] AWFP
  • Member since:
    06-08-2011

View PostHeavyMetalMech, on Aug 07 2020 - 08:19, said:

I've got nothing good to add. I'm not going to spend coin moving one piece of equipment to another slot when what does it matter? Make the vents, guns, camo, whatever work in a any friggin spot.The equipment used alone should determine it's value, not the square it's placed onto. Camo is camo. Placing it into the firepower slot, it's still camo. What's the point, doubling it's value when placed in the right position? Just make it work as camo. I don't need a bunch of added bonuses despite my abhorrent play style. I just want to tank and kill stuff. What a waste of time.

on the same vehicle you can swithc equipment locations by click and drope but the real ishue is that you will need to replace a lot of equipment for me to re equip my 233 tanks gona cost me around 53 mill credits

 



Whistling_Death_ #344 Posted Aug 08 2020 - 10:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 71191 battles
  • 4,139
  • [13-AD] 13-AD
  • Member since:
    11-09-2014


CptSkyhawk #345 Posted Aug 08 2020 - 12:44

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 14546 battles
  • 3,067
  • Member since:
    01-06-2011
The 2.0 basically is the combined IQ of the Wargaming Staff assigned to this update.  Thanks for proving again that I made a great decision walking away from the game.

Bravadu #346 Posted Aug 09 2020 - 00:17

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 9180 battles
  • 93
  • [H8_ME] H8_ME
  • Member since:
    03-30-2020

Yeah, I think, like the airline industry, it's a calculated decision to make you uncomfortable so you will spend more money

 

I can think of a lot of suggestions to make the game less uncomfortable

For example making all modules free to research and transfer the research cost to the next tank so the total amount of xp needed to get to the next tier is the same

 

I've had a lot of fun, but now that I've seen the problems, this can not be my primary game



jimbalaya17 #347 Posted Aug 09 2020 - 05:19

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 19834 battles
  • 57
  • [__G__] __G__
  • Member since:
    03-19-2011

I've posted once on this topic before.  I have spent a lot of money playing this game.  It was a nice diversion from the day to day grind of life.  It's deep in terms of the amount of tanks there are.  I've enjoyed loading out my tanks different ways, the way want to.  Not the way WG says I should.  

 

This really kind of blows the game for me.  I'm NOT spending one more dime on this game.  If any other business fails to offer what I want, why should they get my money.  That goes for WG also. 

Once again, they fail to fix the elements of the game that are doing damage (wheelies, three arty games..etc) and seem fixated on making unnecessary and/or unwanted and unasked for changes.   

And yet, in spite of page after page after page of negative comment after negative comment, will anyone at WG listen?  NO.  

Time to hang it up WG, if you won't listen to your player base, you deserve to go down the tubes.

 



GoArmyBeatnavy79 #348 Posted Aug 09 2020 - 14:28

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12434 battles
  • 56
  • Member since:
    02-19-2015

View Postjimbalaya17, on Aug 09 2020 - 05:19, said:

I've posted once on this topic before.  I have spent a lot of money playing this game.  It was a nice diversion from the day to day grind of life.  It's deep in terms of the amount of tanks there are.  I've enjoyed loading out my tanks different ways, the way want to.  Not the way WG says I should.  

 

This really kind of blows the game for me.  I'm NOT spending one more dime on this game.  If any other business fails to offer what I want, why should they get my money.  That goes for WG also. 

Once again, they fail to fix the elements of the game that are doing damage (wheelies, three arty games..etc) and seem fixated on making unnecessary and/or unwanted and unasked for changes.   

And yet, in spite of page after page after page of negative comment after negative comment, will anyone at WG listen?  NO.  

Time to hang it up WG, if you won't listen to your player base, you deserve to go down the tubes.

 

 

Yeah, it's really too bad, jimbalaya -

when the game started, oh so many years ago, it was a great concept for tank fighting, historical aspects, respect for the tankers,

but I guess new management has decided it's about the $$$ -

adding in demon 2 barrel tanks(?), wheelie clown cars(?), going back on so many promises (like premiums wdn't be OP),

now it's more P2P/Win, so no more money from me,

and when my premium days are done next month, I'm taking a long break too



FaBSaN #349 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 04:17

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 2907 battles
  • 4
  • Member since:
    07-03-2013

What I think about this update ...well

It just made me install and play COD WARZONE

 

bye cya



Plauvishiny #350 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 07:11

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 103817 battles
  • 26
  • [T-E] T-E
  • Member since:
    10-12-2014

To people that grew up in, or live now in, an Authoritarian State, the concept of "We know better than you what equipment should go on your tanks" might be welcome, and even appealing.

 

To most Americans, it will not.



Lycan_Knight #351 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 13:48

    Staff sergeant

  • Beta Testers
  • 14271 battles
  • 363
  • [IKU] IKU
  • Member since:
    01-23-2011

Everyone here is worried about camo, binocs, toolbox removal... WHAT ABOUT THE GAME MECHANICS BEING MESSED WITH!?

 

Take the EBR or ANY of the wheeled vehicles now! They got a SMALL hit to turning/acceleration when their tires are hit but they still can soak up damage and take nothing while staying mobile.

*They now have a RADIO system that makes you lit for an additional 2 seconds on top of the directive's +2 AND CREW SKILL.

*They also now have a survey system which decreases your camo rating in FOLIAGE (the biggest source of combating light vehicles!) by up to 20%!!!

*Light/Medium ALSO have those low-noise exhaust system bonuses that heavies and artillery do not (this includes camo nets too!)

 

In other words??

 

NOT ONLY DO WE HAVE WHEELED VEHICLES AND LIGHT TANKS CAPABLE OF DOING HEAVY-TANK LEVELS OF DAMAGE PER SHOT (or per clip + reloading that clip faster than you can fire 2 standard shots) BUT NOW THEY CAN ALSO HIDE BETTER, **SEE** BETTER, AND NEGATE YOUR COVER!

 

This was a HORRID decision. You've just made the most powerful vehicle class (wheeled vehicles) EVEN MORE POWERFUL. **AND** You made clip-tanks even more difficult to spot even if they're firing on you! 

 

Not only did they make it so that their greed extends to these components, but they have effectively now neutered the effectiveness of Tank destroyers' ability to hide, and the potential of heavy tanks survival against a target they cannot see (because now they can see you even FURTHER and behind cover!)



usma79south #352 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 15:00

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 25988 battles
  • 89
  • [HCO] HCO
  • Member since:
    07-31-2013

Yes, Lycan, I stopped playing tiers 8-10 a while ago due to the clown cars,

and it looks like these changes will keep me mainly at tiers 6/7, camping farther back, and playing more arty

(which I thot they were trying to discourage?...)



Belisarius71 #353 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 22:11

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 37493 battles
  • 36
  • [CLKEY] CLKEY
  • Member since:
    04-10-2013

This gets dumber and dumber as the updates roll out. Why the hell is there so much time spent tweaking useless things like equipment that wont effect gameplay? I feel like we're all involved in writing some programmers resume at this point. "Skippy was responsible for re-coding the algorythm for game tools and managed to do so without causing system wide architecture failure".

 

Did you really think we wanted to go through and spend time swapping equipment around because it isn't in the "right" slot ffs? I have 200 vehicles, I'm not interested in that, I'd rather go play something else.

 

Gee, now I can up my camo values by .0007 percent on my lights. Big whoop, that's just what I need on the Paris map, that'll definitely enhance my opportunites on Himmelsdorf. Oh boy, my mediums can get an extra % movement. That'll make the Super P viable again.

 

Stop trying to make the tanks playable by tweaking them, their stats aren't the problem. Instead, make some maps where tanks et al would be useful. Make bigger maps, take away these stupid damned alleys, make some TERRAIN where you have options as to what to do that aren't slug it out with freaking heavies. And quit f&%*ing with arty, it's a vehicle class in  the game. People play it, let them. It doesn't "ruin the game", but you sure as hell seem to be trying to ruin IT.

 

Your update sucks, your mission rewards are stupid, ( camo, really? 45 levels just to get camo? That was a prize? And now I have all these stupid tokens I can buy emblems with. Seriously, who tf cares about some [edited]emblems???)

 

I guess it's time to reopen that Armored Warfare account. They at least seem to understand games should be focused on being fun not putting makeup on a damned tank.



Belisarius71 #354 Posted Aug 10 2020 - 22:12

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 37493 battles
  • 36
  • [CLKEY] CLKEY
  • Member since:
    04-10-2013

View PostFaBSaN, on Aug 10 2020 - 03:17, said:

What I think about this update ...well

It just made me install and play COD WARZONE

 

bye cya


Might as well, this game seems to be trying to be becoming a standard fps what with the narrow engagement areas and forced close combat.



Uncle_Cookie #355 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 00:12

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 12807 battles
  • 61
  • [0NT0S] 0NT0S
  • Member since:
    02-07-2015
​Way to go...mess up something that wasn't broken...enjoy watching your NA numbers plummet...fired whoever it was that had the idea to change the equipment. Really...600,000 credits to buy a pair of binoculars at tier 8...who's idiot idea was that?...STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! 

SpectreHD #356 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 03:29

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 17150 battles
  • 17,732
  • [TT] TT
  • Member since:
    07-12-2010

View PostUncle_Cookie, on Aug 11 2020 - 07:12, said:

​Way to go...mess up something that wasn't broken...enjoy watching your NA numbers plummet...fired whoever it was that had the idea to change the equipment. Really...600,000 credits to buy a pair of binoculars at tier 8...who's idiot idea was that?...STUPID!!!!!!!!!!! 

 

Yeah, when the price of the Tier 8 itself is around 2.6 million credits.



smoke_yeager #357 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 16:00

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 6052 battles
  • 4
  • [GHQ] GHQ
  • Member since:
    02-11-2018
Wargaming support told me themselves they don't give a crap about what the players think. F this game.

EdibleEmpire #358 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 16:22

    Captain

  • Beta Testers
  • 28864 battles
  • 1,544
  • [THREW] THREW
  • Member since:
    09-08-2010

View Postsmoke_yeager, on Aug 11 2020 - 10:00, said:

Wargaming support told me themselves they don't give a crap about what the players think. F this game.

 

Support has generally been helpful where they can for me. No negative experiences. My problem is once again with the developers in Minsk deciding everything for every server and not listening to the feedback we give WG NA which they give to Minsk.



KRZYBooP #359 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 19:22

    Community Coordinator

  • Administrator
  • 4738 battles
  • 1,171
  • [WGA] WGA
  • Member since:
    08-10-2015

View Postsmoke_yeager, on Aug 11 2020 - 09:00, said:

Wargaming support told me themselves they don't give a crap about what the players think. F this game.


please DM me the ticket number.



RumRunner151 #360 Posted Aug 11 2020 - 20:35

    Captain

  • Players
  • 38289 battles
  • 1,234
  • [MYTH_] MYTH_
  • Member since:
    03-11-2013

View PostKRZYBooP, on Aug 11 2020 - 12:22, said:


please DM me the ticket number.

Your BS hand has been called, son.  I'm gonna guess aces and 8s.







Also tagged with KRZY

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users