• Please log in to reply
347 replies to this topic

heavymetal1967 #41 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:28

Major

• Players
  • 77963 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

View PostAhrtoo, on Jul 31 2020 - 14:26, said:

With Toolbox going away what happens to Pre-Battle Maintenance directives?

They're converted to the new directive that goes with the Improved Configuration gear that replaces toolboxes.

Badkarma #42 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:30

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

This was posted on the EU forums, lol:

Thanks for explaining, let me tell uw what will happen to your game on my pc now, it gets demounted for free.

Tango_11a #43 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21900 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

JFC you GD people have become obsessed with buggering up this game and making it even worse than it already is.  And you haven't even address the issues created by the last update!!!

Now you want us to spend GOLD to demount binoc's and camouflage nets?!?

You can take a bore rammer and shove it where the sun don't shine cupcake. :angry:

Thurmanater #44 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 28617 battles
  • [D-S-R] D-S-R

This is Horrible.  Just Horrible.  Why not simply demount everything for free? 

Oh - same answer to the question "Why not simply listen to the players?".

latvius #45 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:54

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 41122 battles
  • [VIDRA] VIDRA
The tears, oh the tears, reading this thread is like losing 1-15 in wot.  No wonder WG doesn't monitor these threads it's always just a bunch of petty whining.  Pick your top 5 things you would like changed, complain about those and just deal with the rest FFS.

KiwiMark67 #46 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 20:55

Major

• Players
  • 55246 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

View PostSuperJaws100, on Aug 01 2020 - 07:06, said:

Spoiler

You have got to be kidding me. We have to pay for bundles or play missions to get more Demount Kits? Are you for real?

So, I can demount for credits - oh wait, I can only by 90 demount kits for credits!  Well, that sucks!  I have over 300 tanks with 3 equipment on each = over 900 equipment.  So I can only use credits to buy demounting kits for 10% of my equipment?  This doesn't seem like a good way to treat the players that have been playing the game for a long time and spent a LOT of money and time here.

How much money have I spent on this game?  It would be more than 2,000 USD, but I'm too scared to work out exactly how much.  I have 143 premium tanks in my garage and 62 of them are tier 8.  I have been running a premium account continuously since a couple months after I started playing.  I have been using gold to start with 100% crew on every tank since very early on.  I'm a customer that has been supporting this company for over 9 years and I don't feel like I'm being treated fairly with this update.

Tango_11a #47 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 21900 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

View PostKRZYBooP, on Jul 31 2020 - 09:37, said:

Howdy Boom Jockeys!

Changes to equipment are coming up fast and here is some information on them.

More information on these changes can be found HERE.

For more information on compensation please click HERE

I look forward to collecting more feedback about this from our community :)

You want feedback?
You can't handle critical feedback! 

It's like your MM system when it creates seriously unbalanced matches... Or when RNG buggers your five skill-trained gunner's shots for an entire match (meaning s/he couldn't hit the broadside of a barn at one barrel's length distance away even if they got out of the tank and carried the shell to the barn wall)... and you still expect us to be all "aw shucks" and sportsmanship like?

You have far more serious issues to deal with in this game than to announce to the community on how you've created a new way to rob us of our hard earned disposable income in the middle of a GD global pandemic. 

:angry:

F0rd_Prefect #48 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:25

Private

• Players
  • 15048 battles
ABSOLUTE BS!!!!!  FOREVER Wargaming, you've allowed us to mount and demount binocs and camo nets for free.  Now, you're going to start charging us for it????  wth?!?!  Yet another money-grab...

Sherman_Panzer #49 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:45

Corporal

• Players
  • 111111 battles
  • [-FKS-] -FKS-

So 

2 things:

1) Some of the extreme builds (max view range as an example) seem to be game breaking. More than EBRs

2) Those of use who are collectors, who have persevered though the economies of WOT are adversely affected. If you have 50 tanks, the number of demount kits and free demounts should be enough. If you have 450 tanks.... its not nearly enough.

Ozblitz #50 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:46

Private

• -Players-
  • 3854 battles
  • [JFFN] JFFN
Just when I was getting used to the old equipment ........ Oh well such is life.

IceOtter #51 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 21:54

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 64303 battles
  • [BE] BE

View PostAudieBoy, on Jul 31 2020 - 13:14, said:

This will be a financial bloodbath for me. I have 515 tanks in my garage and they all have some form of multiple complex pieces of equipment mounted.

I have played this game for 7 years and have supported WarGaming with my wallet all of these years, but this update may possibly close my wallet to WarGaming permanently! This is an absolute insult to all of us collectors who have supported this game financially over the years. 

I'm not a very good tanker and my goal has been to own and play every Tech Tree and Premium tank in the game. I've worked hard to get my dismal stats from deep red to where they are today and have equipped my tanks with the best equipment and crews I could. I see now that I have made several huge mistakes, especially with the upcoming crew changes, and the worst mistake was in believing that WarGaming actually cared about its customers. 

THIS IS ME!!!  I have 585 tanks but only 277 are in my active garage and have crews and equipment.  If you ask me they are screwing the Free-to-Play community the hardest (I pay obviously).  Please correct me if I have any of these figures wrong, but their demount kit package of 50 means each kit costs 35,000 credits.  Wargaming's conversion rate for gold is 1 gold = 400 credits - so if you demount for gold it costs you the equivalent of 4000 credits.  So if you are playing for free you're spending a minimum of 31,000 credits MORE per kit.  Even so I can't imagine what 277 tanks worth of equipment is going to finally cost me in gold.  I may just gravitate towards low tier games to get my fix and call it good - these guys are literally desperate to destroy their own game.  It could have been okay - truly - the idea of more diversity and interesting builds makes sense - but they are just forcing the player base WAY TOO MUCH to experience that change.  They needed to take the high road - and big surprise - they took the lowest road they could find.  They will wonder why it keeps getting warmer and warmer as they descend though.

Shibadogdog #52 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 57995 battles
  • [CRZY] CRZY
There is Nothing wrong with the current equipment, this will just mugger the game up. I personally have no desire to go through hundreds of tanks and figure out the "new" top configuration. It's a stupid plan and I have honestly  seen zero positive feedback. Why ask for more you clearly don't care and don't listen? 

Chutes_N_Ladders #53 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:07

Private

• -Players-
  • 79497 battles
I've been a pretty staunch WG supporter for many wears, and while I like the idea of making changes that keep the game interesting; here are my concerns. I have 615'ish tanks, all of them with equipment. I also have quite a few items of equipment sitting in the garage. As I do not have a PHD in mathematics, I'm unsure what I should pre-mount / dismount to avoid losses. Also if I want to change just 1 piece of equipment per tank in 1.10, that's over 6K gold, god forbid that I might want to experiment a bit with all the new equip, that gold cost could quickly get out of hand. With the huge scope of equipment changes, why not give out 1 demount kit x tank equip slot, per tank? I understand the need for revenue, but as I read it now, this is more likely to irritate me with the gold costs, more than it will excite me, with the new and varied changes. I hope that I'm wrong and come to enjoy Equipment 2.0 but the jury is out.

Jester6a #54 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:20

Corporal

• Players
  • 52416 battles
  • [GREC] GREC
     Wargaming, if you ever decide to read your own forums, you may find that your player base is extremely unhappy with the decisions you're making about this game.  Long time players that have enjoyed this game for many years and like collecting tanks, strongly disagree with this so called "equipment" change.  You fail to realize the time and money invested in this game by a loyal fan base and now will not even supply enough demount kits for those of us with hundreds of tanks in our garage?  Take care of your customers the right way, or you may soon find yourselves standing in the unemployment line wondering what the "F" just happened?!

Edited by Jester6a, Jul 31 2020 - 22:22.

DrWho_ #55 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 32781 battles
  • [B-S-B] B-S-B

View PostChutes_N_Ladders, on Jul 31 2020 - 22:07, said:

I've been a pretty staunch WG supporter for many wears, and while I like the idea of making changes that keep the game interesting; here are my concerns. I have 615'ish tanks, all of them with equipment. I also have quite a few items of equipment sitting in the garage. As I do not have a PHD in mathematics, I'm unsure what I should pre-mount / dismount to avoid losses. Also if I want to change just 1 piece of equipment per tank in 1.10, that's over 6K gold, god forbid that I might want to experiment a bit with all the new equip, that gold cost could quickly get out of hand. With the huge scope of equipment changes, why not give out 1 demount kit x tank equip slot, per tank? I understand the need for revenue, but as I read it now, this is more likely to irritate me with the gold costs, more than it will excite me, with the new and varied changes. I hope that I'm wrong and come to enjoy Equipment 2.0 but the jury is out.

Here's what you do. Check what the good players are doing through their YT or Twitch channels and follow their lead. Several of them already saying one variation of the vstab/optics/rammer/vents combo, depending on what your tank can run or need, will still be the Meta config

Once this thing matures a bit and possible new good combos are found out by the same people *then* you think about changing things around. It's just like in car racing, do what everyone else is doing unless you have a very good reason to do things differently, the wheel has been invented already and pentagonal wheels don't work as well as round wheels

I have saved up credits for this (potential) disaster so I'll be grabbing as many demount kits as I can, earn or purchased for credits, and then I'll do what I described above and run my tanks exactly as they are today until the good players figure things out. If nothing else I'll have a stack of demount kits I can use to demount equipment when I sell tanks 

Or maybe I'll just stop playing after I've tested it, who knows

RedwoodOriginal #56 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:27

Captain

• Players
  • 20232 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ

View Postmadogthefirst, on Jul 31 2020 - 20:13, said:

Sorry worst change ever goes to artillery stun and clown cars.

Im with you, arty stun and wheelies broke the game, but watch how many players will just give up cause of equipment 2.0.

madogthefirst #57 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:39

Major

• Players
  • 26290 battles
  • [GFLC] GFLC

View PostRedwoodOriginal, on Jul 31 2020 - 13:27, said:

I'm with you, arty stun and wheelies broke the game, but watch how many players will just give up cause of equipment 2.0.

This may be the straw that breaks the camel's back.

Omega_Weapon #58 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:42

Major

• Players
  • 56681 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
The concept for this update is okay, but the implementation is clearly rushed. The horrible part though is that the compensation to players for this upheaval is a sick joke. We will get just 30 demount kits after the update goes live with the chance to jump through hoops and earn some more or we can spend our credits to buy extras. Even then still not enough for people who have collected large numbers of tanks over the years. I'm now being punished by Wargaming for foolishly buying hundreds of garage slots from them and collecting 445 tanks, including almost every premium tank they have ever offered. They could have just demounted all equipment, or made it free for people to demount themselves for a limited time, but no, they took the obvious money grabbing route instead. This is the update where I finally may just walk away. Almost 10 years of playing this game and thousands of dollars spent, just to be treated like this? I'll miss this game, but I'll feel better about myself as a person and my wife will be pretty happy that I'm no longer wasting so much time on this crap. Happy 10th anniversary.

Klaatu_Nicto #59 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:43

Major

• Players
  • 44075 battles
I am so glad I quit spending money on this game a long time ago.

shadismad #60 Posted Jul 31 2020 - 22:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 17441 battles
Equipment 2.0 doesn't look as bad as I first thought but they are rushing it, imo. Killing F2P isn't good and will possibly cause people to leave. Crew 2.0 is something I'm going to monitor real close. I've put a lot of time, effort and money into them and I dont want that to be tweaked unless it's only a little bit (i.e. reducing xp required per perk / skill, adding more perks / skills, tweaking parameters of perks / skills or something along those lines.) For the most part crews dont need to be changed.

Also tagged with KRZY

6 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users

GoArmyBeatnavy79