EQUIPMENT 2.0 - HUGE CHANGES - World of Tanks - W.o.T, Stop This!

Update 1.10 Equipment 2.0 Quickybaby

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #1 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 10:03

Major

• -Players-
  • 70163 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

W.o.T., if you go through with this, especially charging players 10 gold coins to dismount binocs and the camouflage net, you are going to really hurt this game!   Stop this update!

LpBronco #2 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 10:33

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 50726 battles
  • [TG] TG
I have almost 600 tanks - these type of changes are not in my interest. If WG wants to build a new game then go build it and leave this one as is. Crew and equipment changes are not going to bring new players. What will is remembering how well the matches played before 8.6.

Louiesssss #3 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 10:50

Corporal

• Players
  • 15139 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
This MUST be stopped...

strats4ever #4 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 11:49

Corporal

• Players
  • 45250 battles
  • [R3ACT] R3ACT

Gold to demount binocs, camo net and toolkit? Binocs only available on TDs?

Hard pass! Looks like I'll be freeing up some space on my PC.

Reichmonk #5 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 13:12

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31358 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

Apparently quicky and all of you can not read or dont care to read.it will not cost you anything. Unless you want to...

Well, seams quicky posted this video before they released all the info. 

Rest of you should go read the latest info and stop crying wolf

Whistling_Death_ #6 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 13:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 70163 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

View PostReichmonk, on Aug 01 2020 - 07:12, said:

Apparently quicky and all of you can not read or dont care to read.it will not cost you anything. Unless you want to...

Nobody is crying wolf.  The latest information states they want to charge players 10 gold coins every time for dismounting camouflage nets and binocs.

Here you go -> https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-10-equipment-2-0/#equipment-issues

Nightshield_ #7 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 14:41

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 40144 battles
Equipment 2.0 is mainly going to punish long time players of WOT who have a lot of tanks.  I don't think Equipment 2.0 will be popular with that many people.   I think WG pushed Equipment 2.0 to get players to spend real world money on the game, nothing more.  Waiting to see how this works, im not optimistic and will be playing the game much less for a while, maybe longer.

Cnckiwi #8 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14104 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY
Don't listen to qb. He relies on controversy, Hysteria and outrage to Garner likes and attention. He has not produced any real content in the past 5 to 6 years

Bogart1943 #9 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:50

Major

• Players
  • 38029 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostNightshield_, on Aug 01 2020 - 05:41, said:

Equipment 2.0 is mainly going to punish long time players of WOT who have a lot of tanks.  I don't think Equipment 2.0 will be popular with that many people.   I think WG pushed Equipment 2.0 to get players to spend real world money on the game, nothing more.  Waiting to see how this works, im not optimistic and will be playing the game much less for a while, maybe longer.

^This is pretty much where I'm pitching my tent on this subject.  353 tanks with equipment, I'm not a fan of this change.  Game play will suffer no doubt.

AllieOop2 #10 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:56

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostReichmonk, on Aug 01 2020 - 13:12, said:

You actually are the one in need of reading....clearly you are ignoring what was posted by WG. https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-10-equipment-2-0/#equipment-issues

AllieOop2 #11 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostCnckiwi, on Aug 01 2020 - 15:41, said:

Don't listen to qb. He relies on controversy, Hysteria and outrage to Garner likes and attention. He has not produced any real content in the past 5 to 6 years

I agree with Clickbaby waiting to see where the tree falls before making his videos the last few years. He is after clicks like he did with the Brit lights unlike Guido who actually played the tanks an gave a honest review that has proven to be spot on.

BUT the change is not being tested in game fully and we are now entering the real test phase which is how WG likes to do things. Put it in game let it disrupt and piss off the player base an in 6 months Nerf the crap out of it an say oh well our charts say blah blah blah. After the player base has sunk time and ingame money or real money into the change. When they do that everyone should send a invoice to them for hours of development research payable in 30 days.

Fractured_Raptor #12 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 30061 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

Premium spam and HE spam a problem? Broken tanks a problem? No worry comrade! We will fix equipment and crew skills instead. We fix what isn't broken and ignore what is, or take forever addressing it. 

Cnckiwi #13 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:10

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14104 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY

View PostAllieOop2, on Aug 02 2020 - 03:02, said:

I agree with Clickbaby waiting to see where the tree falls before making his videos the last few years. He is after clicks like he did with the Brit lights unlike Guido who actually played the tanks an gave a honest review that has proven to be spot on.

BUT the change is not being tested in game fully and we are now entering the real test phase which is how WG likes to do things. Put it in game let it disrupt and piss off the player base an in 6 months Nerf the crap out of it an say oh well our charts say blah blah blah. After the player base has sunk time and ingame money or real money into the change. When they do that everyone should send a invoice to them for hours of development research payable in 30 days.

Well the problem is not a true rework. In fact it should be seen for what it is The simple addition of some new equipment modules and some buffs to some old ones it is not a big deal. People are getting their knickers over nothing. Just looking through the different tank types, heavy tanks will still use the same three equipment gun rammer, ventilation, and stabilizer. Mediums will use gun rammer optics and stabilizer. Most lights will use gun rammer stabilizer and now they will choose between optics and camouflage exhaust. Tank destroys are the only type of tanks that will actually see a new module become standard. Improved rotational equipment will replace binoculars or vents or gun laying drive now. I would imagine majority of the players what have mostly heavy tanks and medium tanks realistically the only tank that they'll need to change are their tank destroyers. And how many people have more than 30 tank destroys?

ProfessionalFinn #14 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 30580 battles

Rides_with_Death #15 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:17

Major

• Players
  • 36049 battles

View PostCnckiwi, on Aug 01 2020 - 09:10, said:

Well the problem is not a true rework. In fact it should be seen for what it is The simple addition of some new equipment modules and some buffs to some old ones it is not a big deal. People are getting their knickers over nothing. Just looking through the different tank types, heavy tanks will still use the same three equipment gun rammer, ventilation, and stabilizer. Mediums will use gun rammer optics and stabilizer. Most lights will use gun rammer stabilizer and now they will choose between optics and camouflage exhaust. Tank destroys are the only type of tanks that will actually see a new module become standard. Improved rotational equipment will replace binoculars or vents or gun laying drive now. I would imagine majority of the players what have mostly heavy tanks and medium tanks realistically the only tank that they'll need to change are their tank destroyers. And how many people have more than 30 tank destroys?

I dont disagree with you.  I think most people are uninterested in wanting to change is do to the fact we the player base are "mostly" mid age males, or that 30-40's ranges that WG is targeting.  I can tell you we are creatures of habit.. We don't like change, its human nature by this age.  As you say, its going to be the same as it is now. The same basic equipment layout for peak performance on what ever tank type.  Its just extra grind that no one really wanted when there are already issues we have hoped would be addressed first. 

Reichmonk #16 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:24

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31358 battles
  • [4ORCE] 4ORCE

View PostWhistling_Death_, on Aug 01 2020 - 12:58, said:

Nobody is crying wolf.  The latest information states they want to charge players 10 gold coins every time for dismounting camouflage nets and binocs.

Here you go -> https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/update-1-10-equipment-2-0/#equipment-issues

Oh, the horrors! Where will we ever get 10 gold?

AllieOop2 #17 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 20:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostCnckiwi, on Aug 01 2020 - 16:10, said:

I do

It isn't so much the change although a couple of aspects of it will break a broken game an eliminate at least one aspect of it almost entirely that being passive spotting. The Commander vision can and IMO will be game breaking as WG decided to prune the shrubbery some time ago to eliminate much of the double bushes. Which will piss off a lot of folks when the already OPd light version of a Mario Cart can in a matter of seconds spot the entire map. Heavy players which there are a lot of wont really like to be spotted within 30 feet of the spawn.

The FTP players will be hard pressed to implement the change based on the cost. The assumption that it can be done cheap I don't buy into. Another poster went to test and did a simulation of his garage ( I trust what he said because he typically isn't an off the wall kind of person) estimated 10 million in credits. Which if that is cloe FTP players will be forced to only partially participate for a long time in the change which isn't good for the game.

If WG had of said we are putting in a new system for something we feel hasn't been addressed in years at NO COST to you an announced the change. Then followed up with in 6 months we will look at the results an change anything that may be a game breaking issue and change that again AT NO COST to you people would be a bit less apprehensive about it. An since a small fraction of the player base even reads anything or is in the forums an cant prep their garage for this I would imagine there will be some not so pleasantly surprised folks looking a a large bill to pay to fix their tanks.

The attached issue to all of this is things like how will it effect missions and so on that will be a possible problem do they have plans to adjust things. The answer is no they have not because they just don't ever do that much in-depth analysis of anything they do before hand. Again to quote another poster its whack a mole time....which never has worked before and wont work this time.

Edited by AllieOop2, Aug 01 2020 - 20:30.

BoghieWanKanobie #18 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 20:37

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10186 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Everybody is posting Equipment 2.0 Iteration 1.  There have been several adjustments.  

Equipment 2.0 Iteration 2:  https://worldoftanks.com/en/news/updates/sandbox-equipment-2-0-iteration-2/

Those adjustments were made days after QB demonstrated that you could completely gimp the combat effectiveness of a High VR light tank and make it a super-duper High VR light tank that could not shoot or move.

Personally, 4Tankers has a much better and much more current review:  Tier X Light Tanks & Equipment 2.0

If you want to move equipment rather than equip it permanently it will cost you a nickle.  Wargaming will take your nickle straight to their bank in Cypress and Serb will be an instant Billionaire!!!

Fokyc #19 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 21:07

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9815 battles

Just repeating what I posted in the official announcement discussion a few minutes ago:

Y’all realize that the decision has been made and the useless red headed stepchildren that is NA WOT staff has no say or control in this, right? I am no activist but the only way to get the Belorussian overloads to listen is to pick a day/weekend/week and boycott WOT. Maybe if we can bring the number of players down to 1k or something like that they will reverse the change and start paying attention. So how about we pick a specific date range and agree to boycott WOT?

Cnckiwi #20 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 23:26

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14104 battles
  • [SPIDY] SPIDY

View PostAllieOop2, on Aug 02 2020 - 07:22, said:

I do

It isn't so much the change although a couple of aspects of it will break a broken game an eliminate at least one aspect of it almost entirely that being passive spotting. The Commander vision can and IMO will be game breaking as WG decided to prune the shrubbery some time ago to eliminate much of the double bushes. Which will piss off a lot of folks when the already OPd light version of a Mario Cart can in a matter of seconds spot the entire map. Heavy players which there are a lot of wont really like to be spotted within 30 feet of the spawn.

The FTP players will be hard pressed to implement the change based on the cost. The assumption that it can be done cheap I don't buy into. Another poster went to test and did a simulation of his garage ( I trust what he said because he typically isn't an off the wall kind of person) estimated 10 million in credits. Which if that is cloe FTP players will be forced to only partially participate for a long time in the change which isn't good for the game.

If WG had of said we are putting in a new system for something we feel hasn't been addressed in years at NO COST to you an announced the change. Then followed up with in 6 months we will look at the results an change anything that may be a game breaking issue and change that again AT NO COST to you people would be a bit less apprehensive about it. An since a small fraction of the player base even reads anything or is in the forums an cant prep their garage for this I would imagine there will be some not so pleasantly surprised folks looking a a large bill to pay to fix their tanks.

The attached issue to all of this is things like how will it effect missions and so on that will be a possible problem do they have plans to adjust things. The answer is no they have not because they just don't ever do that much in-depth analysis of anything they do before hand. Again to quote another poster its whack a mole time....which never has worked before and wont work this time.

my recommendation is that you sell some of your excess tank destroyers.

Free to play players will have to suck it up like they always do. For the most part the amount of credits needed to equip a tank with equipment remains the same. Sure it sucks that they can't use the camouflage net or binoculars anymore, for most situations these equipment would have been just as useful as having none mounted in the first place with the exception of binoculars which in some scenarios can be worth using...

Yes passive scouting has been dead for a while Don't worry about the commander's vision system it's not that good outside of spotting super heavy tanks through single bushes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users