EQUIPMENT 2.0 - HUGE CHANGES - World of Tanks - W.o.T, Noooo!

Update 1.10 Equipment 2.0 Quickybaby

• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

Whistling_Death_ #1 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 10:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 70163 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

W.o.T., please stop this update.  If you go through with this, you are really going to hurt this game, probably fatally.  Charging players 10 gold coins to demount the binocs and camouflage net will drive players away from this game.  Please put the brakes on this!  No one wants this!  For once, listen to your players!

syluxhunters #2 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 11:11

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16290 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

I think so as well but sadly I don't think wargaming will ever listen in time they might if you say this in Russian tho

Badkarma #3 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 11:51

Captain

• Players
  • 32257 battles

View Postsyluxhunters, on Aug 01 2020 - 11:11, said:

I think so as well but sadly I don't think wargaming will ever listen in time they might if you say this in Russian tho

Nope, they'll release the crap and then spend 3 years slowly "fixing" what they've done as usual.

PickelFlavoredCookies #4 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 12:09

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 783 battles
Im just here to watch it burn :popcorn:

Edited by PickelFlavoredCookies, Aug 01 2020 - 12:09.

GeorgePreddy #5 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:40

Major

• Players
  • 14680 battles

For me... this is much ado about very little.

I will quickly figure out the new equipment meta for different classes and adjust my tanks to fit it.

The only players who will truly suffer are those whom refuse to do the same.

moogleslam #6 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:39

Major

• Players
  • 53007 battles
  • [GURUS] GURUS

Radio Operators are useless so they get the mundane tasks from the Commander like removing the camo net.  10 gold is their compensation.  Also, we're pirates.

Yeah, its all stupid.  We never asked for equipment 2.0, because equipment 1.0 was already good.  Yes, there were many pieces of equipment that were never used, but if those had just received buffs, it would be the only changed that was needed.

Also, WG are legendary at making things more confusing instead of simplified.

Taylor3006 #7 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:16

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4345 battles

I really don't have an opinion one way or the other about the new equipment, really haven't paid it any attention. What does bother me is the idea I will only get 30 demount kits to adjust all my tanks of tier 4+ (or whatever it is). That kind of makes me a bit angry. I have no say in the change, it is being forced on me by Wargaming and now I have to use my money to adjust to the change I never wanted.... The rules of the forum prevent me from saying exactly what I think about this.

If Wargaming wants to make the change, don't care, it is their game, they are free to do as they please. However you shouldn't try to turn this into a profit scheme if you want the goodwill of the player base. Demount all equipment from all vehicles for free. Give the players full credit compensation and then let the players buy the new equipment for their tanks. It is literally that simple. Yes it will be a PITA for players to remount all the new stuff but at least it will not cost anyone anything but some time. As I said, got no opinion on the change but the way it is being implemented does reinforce my low opinion of Wargaming and their people. 

RickEdwards #8 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:22

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30535 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI
I definitely want this change; not only will it make BS like the camo rating of STRVs much less effective, but spall liners will actually become somewhat useful with their increased effectiveness, which is a nerf to artillery. They are also nerfing wheeled vehicles. All they need to do now is nerf gold ammo and they'll have done basically everything I want. This is the best patch I can remember them ever doing.

syluxhunters #9 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 00:16

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16290 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 01 2020 - 14:40, said:

I will quickly figure out the new equipment meta for different classes and adjust my tanks to fit it.

take that holier than thou attitude and shove it because you might not mind spending 100-1000 bucks on the game but what about a new player or a f2p who now has lost the chance to move basic equipment around and try new stuff without being out 600K credits just for a new pair of binocs and find out that binocs don't work with the tank so guess what now you have to spend another 600K on a different piece of equipment

Suliemanis_Ghost #10 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 00:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 520 battles

View PostGeorgePreddy, on Aug 01 2020 - 15:40, said:

This is why you're trash in real life and in this game.

DooshCanoe_ #11 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 03:50

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13791 battles

+1 from me to the OP.

This decision to introduce equipment is a very poor choice to add onto the list of poor choices Wargaming developers have made over the past 2 years.

To be quite honest, no one was asking for an equipment revamp/new equipment, and all this proposed change is gonna do is destabilize the game further, when there are other major issues with the game that are not being addressed.

But then again, am I surprised Wargaming is doing this? No. Why? Because they have an extensive track record of not listening to their community.

I still stand by a statement I made a year ago: This game is getting worse with every update, and is dying out. How? Its very own creators. They don't listen.

Edited by DooshCanoe_, Aug 02 2020 - 03:51.

Whistling_Death_ #12 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 13:29

Major

• -Players-
  • 70163 battles
  • [13-AD] 13-AD

Akrotiri #13 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 19:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14248 battles

View PostRickEdwards, on Aug 01 2020 - 11:22, said:

I definitely want this change; not only will it make BS like the camo rating of STRVs much less effective, but spall liners will actually become somewhat useful with their increased effectiveness, which is a nerf to artillery. They are also nerfing wheeled vehicles. All they need to do now is nerf gold ammo and they'll have done basically everything I want. This is the best patch I can remember them ever doing.

Why is the camo ratings on STRVs "BS?"  Yes, they hide well, but they have almost zero armor.  And once they're spotted, they're toast.  How would you know, anyway?  You've never played one.

syluxhunters #14 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 03:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16290 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostDooshCanoe_, on Aug 02 2020 - 02:50, said:

+1 from me to the OP.

This decision to introduce equipment is a very poor choice to add onto the list of poor choices Wargaming developers have made over the past 2 years.

To be quite honest, no one was asking for an equipment revamp/new equipment, and all this proposed change is gonna do is destabilize the game further, when there are other major issues with the game that are not being addressed.

But then again, am I surprised Wargaming is doing this? No. Why? Because they have an extensive track record of not listening to their community.

I still stand by a statement I made a year ago: This game is getting worse with every update, and is dying out. How? Its very own creators. They don't listen.

o no, they listen but they don't care what the American server says they only listen to thair Russian server hence why I said what I did to OP they might listen to you if you type it in Russian

RickEdwards #15 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 04:20

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30535 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View PostAkrotiri, on Aug 02 2020 - 19:41, said:

Why is the camo ratings on STRVs "BS?"  Yes, they hide well, but they have almost zero armor.  And once they're spotted, they're toast.  How would you know, anyway?  You've never played one.

Don't give me that "no armor" bs; it has armor, way too good of armor, in fact. If you have a 120 mm gun or smaller, especially one without HEAT ammo, you can basically forget about penning its front. Not only that, but even some guns up to 150 mm still have a decent chance of bouncing it. 

Also, "hide well" is an understatement; it has more camo than even a Manticore, despite the Manticore be smaller in every possible way. Its camo is straight up broken. Simply because they classify it as a "TD" they tack on an extra 15% or more camo than it logically should have. Commander vision system should counter this pretty nicely.

syluxhunters #16 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 05:03

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16290 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostRickEdwards, on Aug 03 2020 - 03:20, said:

Don't give me that "no armor" bs; it has armor, way too good of armor, in fact. If you have a 120 mm gun or smaller, especially one without HEAT ammo, you can basically forget about penning its front. Not only that, but even some guns up to 150 mm still have a decent chance of bouncing it. 

Also, "hide well" is an understatement; it has more camo than even a Manticore, despite the Manticore be smaller in every possible way. Its camo is straight up broken. Simply because they classify it as a "TD" they tack on an extra 15% or more camo than it logically should have. Commander vision system should counter this pretty nicely.

yes the tier 9 and 10 can bounce 120mm's rarely they mostly bounce 105's the best(and even then it's not guaranteed) anything above 120 will pen it easily and on rare occasions, a 150mm will bounce from the front of the 103B(tier 10) but only if it hits the grate on the front of the tank with a heat shell (just thought i should fix that part for you).

The tier 8's(both the Udes03 and the StrvS1) don't have the best armor the udes03 only has 20mm and the strvS1 has 30-45(in a small spot) with spaced armor Udes03 cant bounce anything at tier 8 the StrvS1 can bounce at most 90mm guns but it does have a relatively large cupola witch is easy to pen and hard to cover same with the other Strv's

edit* also OP was talking about charging players to demount binocs and camo net not the whole update

Edited by syluxhunters, Aug 03 2020 - 05:14.

RickEdwards #17 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 09:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30535 battles
  • [NISHI] NISHI

View Postsyluxhunters, on Aug 03 2020 - 05:03, said:

yes the tier 9 and 10 can bounce 120mm's rarely they mostly bounce 105's the best(and even then it's not guaranteed) anything above 120 will pen it easily and on rare occasions, a 150mm will bounce from the front of the 103B(tier 10) but only if it hits the grate on the front of the tank with a heat shell (just thought i should fix that part for you).

The tier 8's(both the Udes03 and the StrvS1) don't have the best armor the udes03 only has 20mm and the strvS1 has 30-45(in a small spot) with spaced armor Udes03 cant bounce anything at tier 8 the StrvS1 can bounce at most 90mm guns but it does have a relatively large cupola witch is easy to pen and hard to cover same with the other Strv's

edit* also OP was talking about charging players to demount binocs and camo net not the whole update

Unless the tank with a 120 can hit the commander hatch, every shot will bounce a tier 9 or 10 STRV from the front (once again, not counting HEAT ammo; basically if you're in an AMX 50 or S. Conq, you basically just can't pen one from the front). Every angle is auto-bounce and you need above 120 mm to overmatch the 40 mm of armor. The 150 mm guns will actually bounce the majority of the top of the tier 10 STRV; the only part of the top that can be overmatched by 150 mm guns is a fairly thin strip where the gun is attached; additionally, there are also 2 spots that have 60 mm of armor and can bounce up to 180 mm guns; these spots on the tier 10 that can bounce a 180 mm shell are also present on the tier 9.

As for the tier 8 ones; yeah, those ones have rather poor armor (although the S1 will actually bounce most meds at the same tier). The thing about STRVs right now though, is that they are able to get away with playing positions that are way too far forward without getting spotted; this change will make them not able to do that (at least as long as a scout is alive). Basically, it adds a viable counter to STRVs, as opposed to the current singular counter of yoloing them to proxy-spot them, which is not exactly ideal since you'll probably die.

Yeah, I know what OP was saying; I was mostly just commenting on their "No one wants this!" statement.

syluxhunters #18 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 22:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 16290 battles
  • [DEVON] DEVON

View PostRickEdwards, on Aug 03 2020 - 08:34, said:

Unless the tank with a 120 can hit the commander hatch, every shot will bounce a tier 9 or 10 STRV from the front (once again, not counting HEAT ammo; basically if you're in an AMX 50 or S. Conq, you basically just can't pen one from the front). Every angle is auto-bounce and you need above 120 mm to overmatch the 40 mm of armor. The 150 mm guns will actually bounce the majority of the top of the tier 10 STRV; the only part of the top that can be overmatched by 150 mm guns is a fairly thin strip where the gun is attached; additionally, there are also 2 spots that have 60 mm of armor and can bounce up to 180 mm guns; these spots on the tier 10 that can bounce a 180 mm shell are also present on the tier 9.

As for the tier 8 ones; yeah, those ones have rather poor armor (although the S1 will actually bounce most meds at the same tier). The thing about STRVs right now though, is that they are able to get away with playing positions that are way too far forward without getting spotted; this change will make them not able to do that (at least as long as a scout is alive). Basically, it adds a viable counter to STRVs, as opposed to the current singular counter of yoloing them to proxy-spot them, which is not exactly ideal since you'll probably die.

Yeah, I know what OP was saying; I was mostly just commenting on their "No one wants this!" statement.

then I don't know what you or other people have been shooting at the Strv's because I always get penned with 120s and some times get penned by 105's (and no they where not shooting the cupola)

Tweeterman #19 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 22:48

Private

• -Players-
  • 3087 battles

View Postsyluxhunters, on Aug 02 2020 - 00:16, said:

take that holier than thou attitude and shove it because you might not mind spending 100-1000 bucks on the game but what about a new player or a f2p who now has lost the chance to move basic equipment around and try new stuff without being out 600K credits just for a new pair of binocs and find out that binocs don't work with the tank so guess what now you have to spend another 600K on a different piece of equipment

I fully agree.  Pay to play players won't find anything wrong with this update, but the new player or players without an abundance of expendable cash are going to be left behind.  Of course, wargaming only wants the high dollar, pay to win players anyway, so why should they care?

rogombor #20 Posted Aug 03 2020 - 22:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 28349 battles
  • [NBL] NBL

Bounty equipment is no longer equal to improved equipment, I bet the people who paid for a battle pass are happy lol

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users