• allow us to apply them to a specific tank/tanks and/or
  • only apply to non-elite tanks and/or
  • allow us to apply it like the premium bonus works

Gbray #2 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 14:06

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44379 battles
  • [REL-A] REL-A
Its a money grab, nothing more, dont buy them. 

sunes #3 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 14:38

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11505 battles
  • [TEACH] TEACH
They are not worth it. You can't choose when to apply them. It's a money sink.

omi5cron #4 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:20

Major

• Players
  • 28199 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

Projectile_Misfired #5 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:25

Major

• Players
  • 38885 battles

View PostTokolosk, on Aug 01 2020 - 12:54, said:

If these boosters are meant to help grinds then either:

You can already do this. The only catch is that you have to ONLY play the tanks you want them applied to beyond the initial daily x2/x3/x4/x5.

View PostTokolosk, on Aug 01 2020 - 12:54, said:

Although I too would like this option, the problem is that players will apply them just like they do the Premium Bonuses....only to those really good games. This would delay the usage of those bonuses and reduce the need for players to buy more sooner.

heavymetal1967 #6 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:37

Major

• Players
  • 77959 battles
  • [HSOLO] HSOLO

Agree with OP on his last point.  Just allow us to apply them or not.

And other posters make a good point re: their worth for the reason that we can't.  But there are literally a pile available for free as well.  Granted beggars can't be choosers, so why complain about free stuff.  But this is a common complaint aka feedback. 

At one point I was sitting on 120'something all free from events, etc...  (caveat being some were from Twitch which technically isn't free).  

Free or not though, the Issue I have and that I've seen posted by others is that it essentially locks you in to playing dailies only unless you run them on tanks, lines or crew you're grinding.   Which to be honest is their designed purpose - at least for the generic/universal ones.

Not as big a deal personally since I've got all the line researched and mine were free.  But re: the former I'm trying to Bogart them for the Polish tanks.  To do so basically keeps me running dailies only until the patch hits.

I've been running some here and there along with tank specific ones (which afaik only exist on prems) which are great for crew grinding with accelerated training on or to build up free xp to convert.   They'll double in those cases folks, so essentially x10.  I'll run boosters and just go through my prem x3s.  Just checked and I'm now sitting on 98, so time to stall that till the patch and the new Polish line hits as the plan was hold off for the new line when I got to 100 or so which I'm at now.

Between the Twitch packages, the x5 missions for the Twitch packages and Tank Rewards and a few tossed in here and there it isn't hard to get them free folks.   I'll still dump my Prime each month after re-subbing to get the stuff so I do pay a minimum fee as they prorate the rental period.   But I use the same account/email every month.  Folks have posted they get around that by changing emails/accounts every month.   And now the related missions for more x5s work with any tank not just the King Tiger C.

Edit:  Ninja'd and totally agree with Projectile Misfired and again the others as WG created them to make money.  Implementing a toggle means they won't be used will nilly and folks will hoard them for much longer.  Also now they sell some packages for every on track that has some extra x5s for the on track line that's featured.  They expire with the on track, but IF irc there's 2 daily per each tank in the line which is in addition to the one daily they give everyone for free.   And of course the ones they bundle with prems aren't useful for grinding lines at all unless you use them to build xp that you later convert. 

Incidentally folks there's some decent premium packages in the in game store now for gold that have some x5s bundled in with them.  I let loose of some lootbox gold and bought the Cent prem and it came with some - 15 iirc.  There's a handful of packages still running I think, but those bundles are limited time.

Edited by heavymetal1967, Aug 01 2020 - 15:48.

Brynar #7 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13295 battles
I usually select them during Tank Rewards. I agree with OP though. I wish WG would let me decide when I want to apply it.

GenPanzer #8 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 47517 battles
  • [COLD1] COLD1

View PostTokolosk, on Aug 01 2020 - 07:54, said:

If you are grinding, then play the tank you are grinding and you get to use them on the tank you are grinding.

If you are grinding, then don't play elite tanks.

While this would be good for the players, I don't know if it's good for WG. But, let's be honest. x5 XP on bad games is still better than bad xp on bad games.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users