Jump to content


Improved Aiming vs Vertical Stabilizer?


  • Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Flakker2 #1 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:05

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 58400 battles
  • 2,176
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

Has anyone done the math on which upgrade is superior? Of all the new upgrades, this is the only one that I am not sure how to compare to the rest.

 

Vertical Stabilizer
-20% to dispersion during vehicle movement and traverse
 
Improved Aiming
-5% / -7% to the aiming circle size
 

 


Edited by Flakker2, Aug 01 2020 - 15:14.


Gothraul #2 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:16

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 3097 battles
  • 6,578
  • [J0LLY] J0LLY
  • Member since:
    11-17-2014
Had WG added a fourth equipment slot there would be no contest as both would be used, since the vast majority of us don't sit like bricks the vstab is going to be the default as bloom while turning the gun is sometimes ruinous.

cavalry11 #3 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:20

    Captain

  • Players
  • 54659 battles
  • 1,033
  • [WPP] WPP
  • Member since:
    06-24-2013
Instead of all the B.S. why not just give everyone another slot for equipment.

Flakker2 #4 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:22

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 58400 battles
  • 2,176
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostGothraul, on Aug 01 2020 - 09:16, said:

Had WG added a fourth equipment slot there would be no contest as both would be used, since the vast majority of us don't sit like bricks the vstab is going to be the default as bloom while turning the gun is sometimes ruinous.


The improved aiming is active at all times though. It makes the tank more accurate. I still feel like vertical stabilizer might be better overall, although you may argue that those who prefer to fight at longer ranges may want the improved aiming? 



AndrewSledge #5 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:34

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 39342 battles
  • 2,429
  • [1_FFD] 1_FFD
  • Member since:
    04-14-2014

4Tankersanddog covered this at around 7 minutes in. He said that for vehicles that are fighting while mobile, vertical stabilizer will still be better. He does recommend the 'improved Rotation Mechanism' in some cases, as it decreases dispersion as well as turret rotation speed.


Edited by AndrewSledge, Aug 01 2020 - 15:36.


sunes #6 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 11505 battles
  • 153
  • [TEACH] TEACH
  • Member since:
    11-25-2011
You want V-stabs. Sadly the new equipment can't compete with the usual load-out of rammer, v-stab and then either vent or optics depending on tanks.

Flakker2 #7 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 15:59

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 58400 battles
  • 2,176
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010

View PostAndrewSledge, on Aug 01 2020 - 09:34, said:

4Tankersanddog covered this at around 7 minutes in. He said that for vehicles that are fighting while mobile, vertical stabilizer will still be better. He does recommend the 'improved Rotation Mechanism' in some cases, as it decreases dispersion as well as turret rotation speed.


Awesome video. Thank you for sharing it!



2MOEJOE #8 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 16:39

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 5862 battles
  • 1,312
  • Member since:
    11-28-2017
I was hoping maybe they would be a piece of magic equipment to make the gun handling  good again on the t54 since they ruined it back when they "buffed "the tank .I'm about to acquire the bounty  rammer maybe that will help anyway:/

TELEFORCE #9 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 17:02

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15382 battles
  • 1,035
  • Member since:
    04-21-2011
It sounds like a better comparison would be improved aiming vs GLD.

BrianTheBomber #10 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 19:14

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 20 battles
  • 664
  • Member since:
    10-15-2019

View PostGothraul, on Aug 01 2020 - 15:16, said:

Had WG added a fourth equipment slot there would be no contest as both would be used, since the vast majority of us don't sit like bricks the vstab is going to be the default as bloom while turning the gun is sometimes ruinous.

 They could have charged credits or gold to unlock it, sort of like improved eq. How long until regular players know what the best setup is for each Tank, I don't think I will play more then a couple until I know the best setup for each.

At least wg is nice enough to let us buy the Demounting kits at a "discount" 50 for 1.75 million, along with the 30 free and 21 kits from the missions that should be enough to setup up around 10 Tanks, Taking into account having to redo any and all Bad Tank setup's since we will have to experiment.

Still kinda hoping this gets canceled. I wish they would have just added some new consolidated some of the old  and called it a day.



13Jake55 #11 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 19:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 24572 battles
  • 1,556
  • Member since:
    02-02-2017

View PostTELEFORCE, on Aug 01 2020 - 17:02, said:

It sounds like a better comparison would be improved aiming vs GLD.

I got the Cent RAC a couple weeks ago and put vstb on it but was not getting good aim times so I put GLD on it and it seemed improved. Looks like I am going to have to play around with it again. I rotate 3 crews through there, all with at least 3 skills. 



Panzer__Monkey #12 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 23:10

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 12913 battles
  • 207
  • [IXGD] IXGD
  • Member since:
    09-26-2015

Isntg that just the same very very old argument about vertical stabilizer versus gun laying drive?

 

in which case..... always take a vstab if it is availble...... only derps and arty really benefit from a gun laying drive.



Flakker2 #13 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 23:32

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 58400 battles
  • 2,176
  • [SIMP] SIMP
  • Member since:
    07-17-2010
There were some comments made that Improved Aiming is not as good as it might seem because it only affects the reticle size AFTER the gun has been fully aimed in. So in that sense, it only becomes useful for specialized sniper builds.

8_Hussars #14 Posted Aug 01 2020 - 23:41

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 61686 battles
  • 611
  • Member since:
    09-17-2013

View PostFlakker2, on Aug 01 2020 - 07:05, said:

Has anyone done the math on which upgrade is superior? Of all the new upgrades, this is the only one that I am not sure how to compare to the rest.

 

Vertical Stabilizer
-20% to dispersion during vehicle movement and traverse
 
Improved Aiming
-5% / -7% to the aiming circle size
 

 


Considering the V-Stab already makes the aiming circle 20% smaller... there is no comparison.
 



PilotBob #15 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 00:00

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13142 battles
  • 129
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS
  • Member since:
    11-03-2013
The aiming device will be good for tds that can't mount a vstab, otherwise vstab all day.

_tar #16 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 01:13

    Captain

  • Players
  • 34002 battles
  • 1,358
  • Member since:
    08-22-2012

13Disciple made a youtube about GLD vs Stabs a few weeks back - most of the basic info will still pertain in Equipment 2.0

 

 

TLDR: Stabs are almost always superior. Most tankers run Stabs/Rammer/Vents or Stabs/Rammer/Optics in most tanks.



ThePigSheFlies #17 Posted Aug 02 2020 - 02:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 82740 battles
  • 19,066
  • Member since:
    10-20-2012

View Post_tar, on Aug 01 2020 - 19:13, said:

13Disciple made a youtube about GLD vs Stabs a few weeks back - most of the basic info will still pertain in Equipment 2.0

 

 

TLDR: Stabs are almost always superior. Most tankers run Stabs/Rammer/Vents or Stabs/Rammer/Optics in most tanks.

 

 

GLD really isn't the question of the topic.

 

this is

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users